Welcome to Gaia! ::

My Little Phony

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Phonyland! 8D 

Tags: phony, phonies, phonyland, unicorn, pegasus 

Reply My Little Phony
[PRP] Something Herby [Purpose w/ Rosewrite and Tiger Balm] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-Yasha Alchemist

Omnipresent Cat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:51 am
User Image

It was a hot and muggy summer day in Phonyland and Rose was making his way towards Phony Forest. There had to be something new and interesting in there, plus it was probably pretty shady with all those trees. He had a small saddlebag with his growing encyclopedia of plants and poems, a pencil or two, empty containers (for collecting certain things) and snacks. He never knew when he’d run into something new or when he’d need a break.

As the pink colt found his way into the forest he immediately started looking around. He’d been here many times before, but there were always new and interesting things for him to log. Mushrooms, spices, moss, everything got it’s own page in his book. He sat down and began to sketch out Waddleseed. He would collect some and take it home to his mother knowing it was used in some bread recipes. “I want to find something no one has ever seen before today.” He grinned to himself as he continued to work on his entry for Waddleseed.

Ruriska
It may a bit much for a start! Oh well. xD

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:03 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Rosewrite wasn't the only one busy at work in the forest. Tiger Balm had been there all morning and her satchel was full of all the plants and herbs she had collected. She was mighty pleased with her haul so far, but there was one plant in her her bag that she had been unable to identify. It was a rare occurrence indeed, so she had taken a sample and hoped she could find some information on it at the library.

The little Flutter didn't expect to find company out in the forest, but as she stepped around a tree, there was another youngster, busily scribbling in a book. "Hello there!" She called out as she approached, giving the other Phony a grin.

-Yasha Alchemist
It's good. <3

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

-Yasha Alchemist

Omnipresent Cat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:45 pm
Rose's head tilted up in surprise as he heard a voice. Someone was here? "Oh, well hello there." He had never run into anyone else while exploring the forest, but it was a thankful change. He gave a smile, but then looked over the small filly. She was a little smaller, long legs and was sporting a pair of strange wings...It was a flutter! "Wow, I've not gotten to meet a flutter yet. My name is Rosewrite, nice to meet you." He closed his book, setting it to the side as he greeted her. Rose didn't want to seem rude and go back to drawing, so he might as well make a new friend.

Ruriska

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:31 pm
-Yasha Alchemist

"I get that a lot." Tiger Balm cheerfully. "My name is Tiger Balm." She settled down on the ground in front of him, letting the satchel slide off her head to the ground, accidentally divulging it of a number of cuttings in the process. The Flutter gave a small, pleased sigh anyway. Plants weren't exactly heavy, but there was a lot in there and she was only a slight girl.

"What were you doing?" She asked Rosewrite as she carefully started poking a rosemary sprig back into her satchel.  

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

-Yasha Alchemist

Omnipresent Cat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:18 am
He nodded, noting her name to remember it. "That's a very cool name." His head perked up seeing the sack and a little of it's insides. "Oh, do you collect plants or something?" He said a bit more excited to meet a fellow plant lover. He knew there where plenty of phonies whose interested where with plants, but he never really got to talk to them like this before.

"I was just working on a drawing for a new entry.... Wanna see?" He gave a small smile as he pushed his book out a bit more, not feeling so shy about it's content.

Ruriska

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:50 pm
"I'm a herbalist." She explained proudly, liking him already. Not only did he seem to be a plant lover, but he'd complimeneted her name. "I collect different plants to use in my remedies. If you ever get sick, I'm the gal to see."

The Flutter grinned. "I'd love to!" She moved closer so she could study the open page of his book. "Oooh, hey, that's really good. So, do you only draw plants or other things too?"

-Yasha Alchemist

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

-Yasha Alchemist

Omnipresent Cat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:27 pm
Rose nodded a moment before continuing to flip through the pages of his books."Hmm, it's really anything and everything.~ I like drawing, writing poetry, and a short bio page about each plant it I can." Thinking about it, it their information could definitely help each other out sometime. "I can't actually make anything cool like medicine, but I do right down it's effects on people... So I've been helping out my mom with healthier recipes and whatnot. She's a baker."

He was curious to see what she was carrying around, in the forest, today. "So, what do you have with you?"

Ruriska

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:39 pm
-Yasha Alchemist

Not being good at drawing at all, Tiger Balm was very impressed. "That sounds really useful. I never write down what my plants do, I just have to remember if I find something new." If she had a guide like that, with pictures and everything, it would sure come in handy.

"Does you mom make herb bread? I love herb bread." She said as she went back to her satchel, pulling out some of the plants. "Lavender, watercress, burdock… and…"

The Flutter glared down at the last plant; it had a broad dark-green leaf and was partly nibbled where she had tasted it. She hated to admit her failure to anyone, but maybe Rosewrite would have an idea what it was? "I actually don’t know what this one is. Do you?"  

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

-Yasha Alchemist

Omnipresent Cat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:58 pm
Well remembering was just as good... She wouldn't have to ever lug around a big book like him.. He gave a small smile before nodding. "Yeah I even like to pick fresh herbs and give them to here. It's really yummy.~"

He nodded his head to each as she listed off the plants in the container. He wrinkled his nose trying to figure out the last plant. He had never seen this little leaf before. "Hmm..." He flipped through his book to see if there was anything similar to it. "I... I have no idea."

Ruriska

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:32 pm
-Yasha Alchemist

"Well darn." She stared down at the mystery plant. None of the few herbalist books she had at home would cover this. She knew because she had already read them all back to front. "I guess I'll have to take a trip to the library..."  

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

-Yasha Alchemist

Omnipresent Cat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:37 am
"Hmm, let me sketch it real quick and make some notes..." He went into a more concentrative state, quickly sketching out the leaf in question. It was such a simple little thing, but what if it cured some crazy disease or was super deadly poisonous. He realized then, that this is what he loved to do... Learning, researching about plants and then writing it all down. He gave a small smile as he looked up to his flutter friend.

"Could I come with you?" His tail gave a small twitch in excitement. Together they could surely get to the bottom of this faster. Then whose knows, after a job well done some little phonies might deserve a slice of herb bread.

Ruriska

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:46 pm
-Yasha Alchemist

Tiger Balm put the other plants away and then peeked over his shoulder to check out his sketch. Yep, he really was good at this drawing business.

"Of course. The library is always more fun with company and we'll be able to investigate faster with two." She grinned, carefully put their mystery plant away and picked up her satchel. "Are you ready?" There was no time like the present.  

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

-Yasha Alchemist

Omnipresent Cat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:56 pm
He packed away his book and strapped the backpack to him. With a short nod, Rosewrite was ready to follow the flutter to the library. He was glad he came to the forest this morning... well now it was verging on afternoon. "Sure am." He said standing up to join her, soon making their way out of the forest.

"So, do you want to open up a buisness one day with your herbal remedies?"

Ruriska

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:54 am
-Yasha Alchemist

"Well, I already have one, you know, sort of. I don't charge people yet, so I suppose it's not really a business. I'm building a solid clientele." Just being able to dabble in her chosen craft and help people out was enough of a reward for now.

They reached the library in good time and after only hesitating in the foyer for a minute, Tiger Balm took them towards the right, "I think the plant books are this way."  

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

-Yasha Alchemist

Omnipresent Cat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:27 pm
“I think that makes perfect sense. People will know that you stuff is good and reliable.” Rose nodded thinking her plan was a good one. He wasn't one for business himself. Watching his mom run around in a panic was enough for him. But he would be more than glad to come visit Tiger Balm if he needed something.

In know time they were in the library, a tall stack of books sitting all around them. His brows in a furrow as he skimmed each page trying to find a mention of their mystery plant. “Anything on your part yet?”

Ruriska
I was going to have him point it out in the book, but then I wasn't sure if you had a certain one in mind! xD

My Little Phony

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff