Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:01 pm
User Image
Walking through the corridors of the tree, the princess moved with a grace and confidence that, unlike when she first arrived, was backed by a growing knowledge of the maze of paths and locations within her home. Today was a special day, a great day, a day for celebrating the bounty she would be returning to her alcove with.

Simply put, today was grocery day.

After many (or not so many) weeks of daily baking for (and eating during) her afternoon tea times (which were more often than not spent alone), the princess had found her stock of honey and grains to be running dangerously low. What would she do without her cinnamon apple bars, her pumpkin muffins, her vanilla lavender sweet breads, her oat raisin cookies?

It simply would. not. do.

Now, Celestia would never admit to eating all this by herself. No, no, that would be horrendously embarrassing. It was, naturally, her guests that ate most of what she prepared during their visits. Anything remaining could be saved, but more often than not she would give it away to passing faun or fauny, especially children, if not always to the delight of their parents. She obviously didn't keep it until her following meals to finish.

Of course not...

But, now was the time to replenish her stock, so to speak, and the princess would do so out of her passion to give these delights to others, out of the pleasure she gained from watching them enjoy each wonderfully delightful bite. Not so she could maintain her sinfully-sweet snacking habit that she may or may not have developed.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:52 pm
User Image

Today was simply just one of those days for Olea. For some strange reason, she couldn't feel herself motivated to work on the latest weaving of hers, and instead she found herself wondering aimlessly through her new home in the tree. It was different being here, but not necessarily bad; in fact, for the most part she felt well at home.

She did miss the home she had left, though, which was why she wove: to remind her of her culture and of her life. It was why she had been blessed with the Gold Wheat cutie mark on her flank. It was a symbol of her ability to recreate the feel their homes through her work, as well as her signature in her pieces: an image woven into the fibers as both a mark and a blessing. Wheat was the sign for love and affection, feasting and fertility, and home and hearth.

With a heavy sigh, Olea turned a corner and ran smack into another figure. "Oh, I'm so sor-" Her face turned into a mortified mask as she realized the pure white fur, the sparkling heavenly hair, and the flank mark of the golden sun. "Princess! My apologies, I wasn't paying attention!"

Kira of Flames

Hilarious Elocutionist

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:34 am
Having been lost in her thoughts, attempting to justify what all she was likely to buy today, the princess hadn't been paying much attention to her surroundings. In fact, with how little attention was being spent on guiding her in the right direction, it was a wonder that she hadn't missed a turn or ran into someone in the hall. Yet.

Her bangs toppled forwards and her wings flared up as she tried to steady herself upon a sudden contact with another pae. Moving her hands up to fix her hair, she also spoke of apologies, "My goodness! I am truly sorry to have hit you..." she paused, waiting to be able to see in front of her.

Ah, a fauny, but not one of her own directly. This one had come from her niece's ruling: a crystal pony. As much as it was and embarrassment to admit, the princess was not too familiar with these faunies. In fact, what was this one, the one sporting the mark of wheat, called again? The knowledge was escaping her thoughts. Oh well, no matter, just act as normal and brush over that fact; she would likely introduce herself anyways out of formality.

Smiling lightly, Celestia shook her head. "Fret not, all experience such a thing more than once in their lifetime. I, too, have done so," pausing for a moment, "How have you been finding life within the tree? Is it pleasing to you?"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:58 pm
Olea's cheeks heated quickly as the Princess began to apologize to her. "Oh no, Princess Celestia, you have no need to apologize for me running in to you." The fauny nervously rearranged her hair, which had become loose. "I really should have been paying more attention."

At Celestia's question, Olea's eyes widened, then softened as she looked down. "It is my new home, but I still miss where we came from; our old homes. How are you fairing, Princess?" Her eyes shot up to the Royal, and they were filled with concern for the female.

Kira of Flames

Hilarious Elocutionist

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:38 pm
The princess sighed, nodding empathetically. "Not a day passes without some thought or prayer for those who chose to remain. I can only hope that they are fairing well enough without our presence." Noticing the look in the others eyes, Celestia laughed before shrugging. "You needn't show such concern on your face. Here, in this land, I am no more than yourself. A friend, if you will, to our people, rather than a leader. Here to offer advice and support if needed."

Pausing, she glanced in the direction she was heading, deciding that it might be interesting to have company with her. After all, she almost did all of these sort of personal things alone. "I am en route to procure some supplies for my alcove; would you care to accompany me? Perhaps you are in need of some things as well?"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:46 pm
Olea's cheeks turned rosy again and she gave a small smile to the Princess. "I will not lie, it is quite strange to think of you as an equal rather than our Princess. I would be delighted to offer you my company while you shop. I don't have anything that comes to mind that I need, but I'm sure I'll find something while I'm out. And perhaps I can help you carry what you bring back. What supplies are you looking for?"  

Kira of Flames

Hilarious Elocutionist

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:31 pm
Laughing as they continued, the princess turned to look at the other. "If you would rather to continue to consider me your princess, you may do as you wish. I only wish for you to be as comfortable here as you were in our homeland." Pausing for a moment, she realized how silly her list sounded. Hoping the fauny wouldn't put two and two together, she mentioned a few of the things. "Should I take too much, that would be very kind of you. I search for flour... honey... and spices, to mention a few important ones.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:59 pm
Olea smiled a little. "It sounds like, whatever you will be making, will be very flavorful. Which sort of spices are you looking for?" She wanted to help the Princess best she could; flour and honey were pretty self explanatory for what to look for, but 'spices' covered a lot of different options.

"If I'm not to bold in asking, what is it you're looking to make with everything?" She assumed this was for some dinner, or some other meal. Perhaps making one's own bread.

Kira of Flames

Hilarious Elocutionist

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:43 am
Thinking to herself, the princess mused on some possible spices she might need. "Vanilla... cocoa... cinnamon... I believe there remains enough of cloves and allspice... Perhaps ginger...?" Like many shoppers, she came to a store more often than not without a clear goal or plan in mind.

"Oh, these are for baking for my dearest sister's children; they love coming to visit Auntie Celestia for her treats!" she quickly, and softly, added. "So long as they do not mention me as the reason for their lack of appetite at dinnertime, they can come as they please."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:46 am
Olea placed a hand to her mouth, unable to control the laughter that bubbled up at Celestia's last comment. "Remembering my filly years, that is one wonderful incentive to keep a secret." She wiped a tear from her eyes. "How does Princess Luna fair? I did hear that she was now in charge of a pair of fillies and a colt herself."  

Kira of Flames

Hilarious Elocutionist

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:26 am
"They have yet to tell, which is fairly surprising considering my sister's demeanor and their young ages." The princess nodded, crossing her arms. "Yes, with Sir JustMo. The girls are Wild Moon and Twinkletoes, and the boy is Wild Moon."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:36 pm
"What beautiful names, and it is good to see that the younger princess has found herself at home so easily here." She smiled kindly, then leaned over and gently placed a hand on Celestia's. "It is wonderful that all of our Princesses are settling so well."

Realizing the VERY informal gesture she just did, Olea quickly pulled her hand away with her cheeks bright red. M-my apologies... Shopping, we were doing shopping for groceries!"

Kira of Flames

Hilarious Elocutionist

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:12 am
"Beautiful names befitting of wondrous foals. Nothing less would be expected of Luna's progeny. Though, I humbly admit, I always imagined myself as the first with children. It would seem that this land favors the moon..." the princess paused, taken aback by the gesture. It was not that it offended her, far from it, it had simply surprised her. Never had one of her subjects ever showed that sort of closeness to her.

Well, perhaps excluding Twilight on the rare occasion that she wasn't busied in her studies.

Quickly continuing her thought, she brushed away Olea's clear embarrassment. "As I mentioned, you needn't continue to speak to me with the formalities of our land. I understand you meant no insult in your gesture, so you need not fluster yourself about it." That was right... Complete equals... That still took some getting used to. "Yes, shopping. Do you suppose we near the shoppe?" This was her way of suggesting that she remained unfamiliar with the local directions.

Kira of Flames

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff