[JRP] Following Visions [Uriel x Haldir]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:03 pm
Uriel was still quite confused about what that seer had meant. He hadn't bothered sticking around further to explain anything to her. Mists and ghosts. Where they dwelled? She'd traveled for a while on foot and even asked passing animals if they knew of such a place. There had been no leads and only unhelpful lore.

Her travels actually ended up taking her to a place engulfed in what the lioness would consider mist. But the place seemed completely empty. She'd stayed in a rocky cavern on the inner of the mists for two nights and not come across anything,

Maybe the seer was a fraud after all. She had been so willing to believe that seer and now here she was.

What had he meant by ghosts?

Uriel shivered in her cavern. It was wet and cold here. This was no place for a lioness like her. She'd not find peace of mind here like the seer had promised.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:45 pm
User Image
A green pair of eyes had been watching her from the protection of the mists. He moved silent as a shadow, timing his movements, drawing in slow breaths, and keeping the stranger within his sights at all times. Haldir was perhaps the best at what he did. He was the perfect color to blend into the background, fading away when he felt it was time to vanish or remaining perfectly hidden. He was an expert hunter, an experienced scout, and an accurate and deadly striker.

This one, however, didn't seem to require all his traits to be dealt with. She seemed lost, though there had been purpose in her eyes and posture. She moved as one who was looking for something. Or someone.

The lion kept close, even as she found a cavern to hide within. It was very likely that her travels had exhausted her. He moved forward, stepping silently and keeping himself just within the veil of mists. His form would appear but there would be no details. No features, no details, just an outline would be seen.

"Seems you've wandered a long way." He said strongly, but gently.

Alpaca Chobi

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:51 pm
Thalion

The lioness let out a gasp. There were ghosts in these mists after all and one had appeared to her. Her eyes were widened.

"I have." She managed through her gasp. That seer had told her the truth and she had found the place of which he had spoke of. This was the thing of which fables were weaved. Not reality. Uriel kept her widened eyes on the shape in the mist.

"I am sorry if I have stumbled upon something sacred. I met a seer on my travels and he told me to seek out the place of where the ghosts in the mist dwell." Uriel was actually amazed that she was able to form coherent sentences at this point. On the inside her heart was moving quite rapidly.

"Forgive me if I have disturbed your sacred ground."  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:56 pm
A seer?

Haldir shot a quick glance towards the house of oracles and snorted. Of course a seer would know about them... and the description sounded like something a seer would say. The oracles could never really get a full, clear image of their visions from what he understood. they were vague, so they had to use what language they could to translate what a supernatural eye saw in their mind. Sometimes, he deeply envied them.

"You have found us." He said simply as he turned back to the females. "This land is blessed by the storm king, cloaked under the wings of mists, watched by Mkodi herself, and protected by those that found favor in their eyes."

He took another step forward. "Tell me...what do you seek with the ghosts of the mist?"

Alpaca Chobi

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:15 pm
Thalion

The lioness was shocked to hear she had indeed found them. Either that or this lion was really good with sarcasm. The lioness rather believe her journey had come to and end though so she went with her first instinct.

"What I seek?" She repeated. To be fair it was quite shocking that the seer had told her the truth. That she was indeed with in the lands of which mists and ghosts lived and where happin-oh.

"The seer said that I will find happiness and comfort here. That this is the place I need to be. I don't know what the mists have to offer some one like me. I am no ghost as you can see, " She motioned to her self to the lion shaped out line in the mists.

"Ghost. Are you supposed to deliver me a message?" Had the souls of some of her prides members become one with the mists? That flood must have taken a great toll on the nchi. She really hoped for only the best.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:35 pm
The lion slowly emerged from the mists and shook the dew from his mane. He was lean but strung tight with a muscular frame. A fast striker, a swift runner, and a dead-eye in a hunt. The lion wasn't meant for direct confrontation, but a swift arrow from the mists. His coat was perfect for it.

"Not all who walk the misty lands are ghosts, traveler." He smiled, a gentle gesture on a handsome face. "And if you've come for rest and a safe place to be happy then we certainly cannot deny you that."

He dipped his head slightly. "My name is Haldir. And I am a sentinel of the mist-walkers. Welcome."

Alpaca Chobi

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:44 pm
Thalion

The lioness had taken a few steps back when this male emerged from the mists. Her ears were flat on her head out of shock. All these ghosts, seers and mystical habaloo she was done with. But no, this was a lion in the flesh like her.

"Uriel," She offered.

"So you're welcoming me..? You mean to your lands?" She imagined it couldn't be that easy.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:52 pm
Haldir chuckled and gave a bob of his shoulders. "Some welcome. That's not really my place. I'm a guardian here. I protect the border, detour those that are hostile or those that would cause us to lose favor with the ones that protect this place."

He motioned further into the mist. "If you come with me, I will guide you to one who can offer you more of a formal welcome and a true place here. I'm just the eyes, you need to speak with the minds."

Alpaca Chobi

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:20 pm
thalion

Uriel gave the male an under standing smile. So he was a guard and an honest one at that. The lioness nodded.

"Lead and I will follow." She looked at where he motioned. " I just hope I too become accustomed to the mists. "

( on my phone. Stepped out for dinner )  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:42 pm
Haldir smiled and jerked his chin forward. "Stay close. The mists are as dangerous as they are wonderful sometimes. Newcomers often find themselves wandering. But... you'll learn. In time."

The lion waited for the lioness to join his side, patient and quiet until he was certain she would follow. Together, they entered the land protected by the storm king.

Alpaca Chobi
Fin? :3

Word count

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

[IC] Ukungu Mfumaji Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items