Thamin

Lonely Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:00 am
AIM RP log between these two.
User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:06 am
Thamin

Rhinelander ambled through a small clearing, seemingly lost in thought as he travled. He took no notice of where he was going, and knew not of how long he had been walking. He simply couldnt keep himself still, but at the same time he didnt have anything he wanted to do. Quite a delema.
Summer Raven

Since coming to these lands, Happiness hadn't spent a lot of time away from her brother. They were happy together; the family they never got the chance to be. He was very much like their mother, she noted, and it pleased her to know that even though that mare was dead, some part of her lived on. But day after day of the same old thing grew tiring for the older mare, and so she decided to venture out of their little nest. If only just for a little while...
Thamin

Step after step Rhine continued forward, the sounds of each cutting through the silence that seemed to surround him. Of course there was the melodic songs of the birds in the trees, the random chittering of a squirrel or two that scampered around, but the sound of each step was rhythmic and, to his ears, out of place among the sounds of the nature surrounding him. Step after step he continued; that is until he heard not only his own steps, but those of another. Instantly he froze, his navy eyes searching for the one whos steps were still drifting to his ears. For a moment he began to believe he had walked so long he was imagining things, for his eyes gave no proof of there being another nearby.
Summer Raven

She hadn't meant to go so far away from the place she called home. It was just supposed to be a nice stroll around the area for a moment or two, and then she'd happily return. But it was such a wonderful, beautiful day outside, that the mare lost track of her thoughts and drifted. Her legs carried her to where they wanted, but she paid them no mind. She was lost in the trees, the birds and the sunlight. How could her life have been so different from these lands? Why did her mother never take her here? It took until the mare's death for her to allow Happiness any freedom, and this was certainly the best kind of freedom there was. Thump, thump, thump. The mare snapped out of her fantasy as she heard the crunching of the forest ground. Purple eyes gazed at her surroundings and with a startled gasp, Happiness realized she wasn't anywhere near home anymore. In fact, she had absolutely no idea WHERE she was, let alone how to get back. Hmmmm.....she thought to herself, and remembered the crunching sound she heard only moments before. Perhaps whomever they belonged to would want to help her. "Hello?" She called out, breathlessly.
Thamin

It was meant for only Rhines ears to move as a voice now accompanied the hoof-falls that had not belonged to him, but due to his previous thoughts that he may be imagining things and the sudden proof that he had not been his entire head and body jerked towards the voice. For a moment his brow furrowed and he pursed his lips. The voice had come from the trees. Though he did not have an aversion to the woods, he often enjoyed seeing others before answering a call, and trees only made it more difficult. One too many stories of the black pelted white mare that had almost eaten his sister he guessed. Though the voice sounded feminine, he assumed any that may wish to consume him wouldnt make their presence known - a thought that caused the male to relax a bit. With a shrug he turned and made his way towards the trees, his gaze searching as he entered the woods for the mare that had called out. "Hello? Is someone there?" He asked, knowing full well there indeed was someone. He figured the provocation of conversation and the continuation of hearing their voice would allow him to find them easier.
Summer Raven

There was a lot less to be worried about on her end. Call it luck, but Happiness hadn't heard any tales of vicious skinwalkers or kalonas, nor had she seen one. Her brother told her of their existence, of course, but he too never ran into one, so the knowledge of these evil beasts was far inferior. When she heard the steps in the forest, her mind painted a mental image of an innocent, young creature...not of an evil, bloodthirsty monster...and if it had, she wouldn't have called out. No, Happiness was, although older than a lot of Soquili, pretty naive when it came to what lurked in the shadows of these lands. Her old life had been sheltered, away from the world, and her new life had yet to show her anything exciting. As she waited for a response from her random encounter, she thought of who - or what - might be behind those hoofsteps. Happiness had foolishly assumed whomever it was would help her....but what if she was dreadfully wrong? She could tell the owner was making its way closer and closer to where she stood, as the hoofsteps became louder than they were - and she smiled. If it was something or someone who wanted to cause her harm, it sure didn't seem like it. Surely they'd have attacked by now? As the voice paired up with the noise of the crunching, Happiness knew she was alright. There was no danger here. "Yes, I called out to you! I mean you no harm, sir," as the voice was clearly a male, "I am simply looking for directions."
Thamin

Instantly he turned to follow the voice. All worry seemed to melt from Rhine's face as he listened; whoever it was was definitely a female and, from the sound of it, extremely polite. The very word sir made him chuckle. As he passed a small bunch of closely grouped trees his gaze settled on the owner of the voice. "You have no need to call me Sir..." Rhine count help but blurt out as he was still chuckling. At the mention of directions though Rhine himself had to pause and gaze about. He didnt quite know what to tell the mare - though he traveled quite a bit he never truly knew where he was going, nor did he remember specifically how to get back to a location once he found it. The only thing that ever had mattered to him before was knowing how to return home... And on the few occasions he had become lost his niece Brin had been sent to find him. "Well m'am..." Rhine started as he drew within an appropriate talking distance. "I have to admit that I may not be very much use in aiding you in your endeavors."
Summer Raven

Purple eyes stayed focused on the trees ahead as her new found companion approached. He was...laughing at her? Well, not so much out-right laughter, as one would do so after a joke, but more of an amused reaction. Had she said something ridiculous? Happiness smiled at the stallion as he appeared in her line of vision; his voice still lingering with an amused tone. "I cannot help myself; I was raised that way." The mare continued to look at him, taking in everything she saw. He was...younger than she, or so she guessed, but then again, most Soquili in these lands probably were. "I do not know your name. My mother always told me that when you do not know someone's name, you call them 'sir', or 'ma'am." She giggled as he in turn, called her ma'am. Did he mean to do that, after he had just playfully scolded her for being so polite? Happiness watched as he struggled for an answer, patiently awaiting his response. Whatever it was, she'd be happy. Sure she was lost, but now she had company. And company was always better no matter what situation one was in/ "Well, that's alright, I'll find my way eventually. I'm in no rush to return home, I suppose. My name is Happiness, good sir, may I ask yours, so I can stop this calling you sir?" Another giggle escaped her, this one much more playful than the first. "Thank you for answering my call!"
Thamin

"Oh no!" Rhine interjected. "I meant no offense, I assure you. In fact, my mama would figuratively take a chunk out of my hide if I were to be anything other than respectful upon first meeting someone that had done me no harm. I understand fully...." Another, smaller laugh escaped him as he began to speak once more. "But I have never in my life been called a 'Sir' and personally dont find myself to be distinguished enough to claim such a title." He nodded a greeting in return as the mare introduced herself. "No rush is good, but I do hope that any help I may be able to offer wont in turn actually make you stray further. And it is nothing - I would hope someone would do so for me if I was lost. My name is Rhinelander; though all I know just call me Rhine." He offered a slight bow to the painted mare before him. "It is a pleasure to meet you Happiness." Popping up with a soft smile Rhine gazed about to get his bearings. "So.... How to get you back home....." He asked himself.
Summer Raven

He was certainly polite, she'd give him that. There hadn't been too many opportunities for the mare to come across someone she didn't really know and actually have a conversation with, but he seemed very pleasant. In all her experience, when a stallion was as kind and respectful as he was starting off to be, that stallion deserved the title of 'sir'. So as he spoke, Happiness just continued to smile at him, shaking her head in disagreement. "Isn't a sir a respectful member of the community? It is true I do not know you, but you willingly stop to help a complete stranger. I do believe that alone gives you the right to the title." She had always gone around calling those she met 'sir' just based off principle, but Rhinelander had established himself deserving of the title, and she would not stop calling him sir, not anymore. She always knew herself as ma'am to others, because of her age (apparently older mares get dubbed the title ma'am, regardless of their stance?), she shrugged at the thought; ma'am or not, she was undeniably older than she wanted to be. So she supposed she was a ma'am. "Any help is better than no help at all, this is true. If you do accidentally turn me around, well....we'll just call it a nice little side adventure! And the pleasure is mine, Rhinelander," she paused, using his full name for the time being, "I came from that direction," Happiness nudged her head from behind her, indicating exactly where from the forest she had emerged, "but I'm not quite sure if I need to keep going in that same direction the whole way back. Care to join me and figure it out together?"
Thamin

A slight smirk turned up the corners of Rhines mouth and his head shook 'no' ever so slightly as Happiness gave her own insight on the meaning of 'Sir'. Despite her clear explanation he still could not bring himself to accept that he was deserving of such a title. In his mind he wasn't a respected member of the community, and though he had stopped to aid her he viewed it as the right thing to do - why should he deserve a title for something he was supposed to do anyways? He knew, though, that she was entitled to her own opinions and beliefs and that, despite his own beliefs, he had no right to tell her or try to make her think otherwise. With a soft sigh he dropped his head slightly in defeat. "I suppose I've doomed myself to ever be known as such to you I presume...." He said in good spirits, having no clue that she had already came to her own resolution on the matter of 'Sir'. The mention of adventure though peeked Rhine's interest, and though he did not speak of it immediately it loomed in the back of his mind. "I wouldn't mind; company would be quite nice and I have no where in particular that I need to be at the moment. Besides; one thing I am good at is back-tracking. So if we do go to far it shouldn't be an issue finding our way back." He offered a smile and slowly began to set off in the direction Happiness had indicated. "Soooo......" Rhine began, unable to avoid the question looming in the back of his mind any longer. "Are you fond of going on Adventures?"

Thamin

Lonely Member

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces