User Image

Yamir was out and about searching and hoping. Things didn't always go the way he wanted them to, but he lived with what life gave him. He took a breath of fresh air as he moved in hopes to find a male lion. He had lost him, and yet to find him. Oh, the things he wanted to say, but first he needed to apologize. He wanted to move on and leave the male alone for once. It was a hard choice, but the male had made it obvious that he was not wanted. Yamir felt pain he'd never felt before, but it was pain that showed him he was alive.

His mind was full of sad things, and it was a struggle to keep a smile upon his face. He liked to try to keep himself in a positive mood, even if things were anything but. He took another deep breath before he started to move again. Being a leopard was hard work sometimes. Especially one with his... interests. He flicked his tail and decided he wanted to roll about in the grass. One quick flop, and he was down and rolling in the grass. Enjoying the sun that was beaming down on him. Sad thoughts were slowly disappearing.

User Image

Hesseth walked with a proud egotistical look upon her face. Her head was up high, and nothing could bring it down. Her ego was as big as her fur was black. It was something she couldn't help, she had never had anyone contest her to where it dropped her ego. She was strong, swift, and cunning. At least, that's what she thought. Nothing could get in her way, and no one could pull her down. She thought herself invincible, and damn anyone who thought otherwise.

It only took a few moments for her to realize that she wasn't alone anymore. She saw the male leopard flop on his back and roll around in the grass. What a childish thing to do. She glared at him and decided to give him a piece of her mind. She was, after all, right about everything. Someone shouldn't be so childish like this male was. What did he hope to accomplish by doing what he was doing?

"You're a grown male, you should act like it." She snapped at him as she moved towards him and sat down a few feet away from him. She didn't want to get too close. She was sure he wasn't a danger, but his rolling around might be contagious for all she knew. Maybe he was sick with something? She didn't want to find out, but who knew.

"Excuse me?" Yamir said as he noticed someone was talking to him. Him, childish? He gave a smile. "I'd take that as a compliment, my lady." He said with a chuckle. He rolled to his side to see her more clearly. She didn't seem the type he'd ever run into out here. She had this sort of pride to her that he couldn't explain. "How would you suppose I should act?" he asked her.

He looked her over for a moment to decided if she was any type of threat. She might think she was, but he was completely calm. As long as he played her little game he was safe, or at least that's what he figured it would be. He didn't want to upset her, she looked like she could be easily tampered with. He smiled at her softly. "I believe keeping a bit of your child with you is what keeps you young through all the hard times in life."

Maybe she wouldn't understand it, but he wanted to at least make it clear on his opinions. It was a small shot in making her see it, but he could at least try. "There's so much darkness in this world, that even the smallest bit of light and happiest is better than non." He continued. "That includes being childish."

She was slightly happy to see that he was interested in seeing her point of view. "Well, first of all, you should be doing something productive with your time." She wasn't sure exactly what, but everything she did was more productive than anything this male could ever possibly do. "Like, hunting." She said finally. Yes, that was an excellent one.

His reply took her aback a bit. What did he mean by that? She glared at him for a moment longer. He seemed rather arrogant of the situation. "Being childish will only cause problems" She informed him. She had been childish once, and it had done nothing but got her into trouble and hurt. She had grown up to become non-childish and able to handle anything that was tossed at her. No matter what this leopard said to her.

"Happiness is for dreamers and fools." She said finally. "Love is as well." She eyed him for a moment before turning and looking at the land about her. "you cannot live in this world and love or have happiness without it biting you in the a** and destroying you." She said to him. If only he would see the truth in things. She would soon decide he was a fool if he didn't. "Anything you care about can be used against you, and if you think that can't happen, then that is your flaw."

Somehow this all lead back to being childish. It was childish dreams to love and be happy. He reeked of it, she could see it on him every second they were together. She didn't like it. It was almost like if he touched her, she'd burn from his flaws.

He mused her comments and gave a nod at them. Not truly agreeing with them, though there was some truth in what she said. He just didn't care. "I'll take my chances with that." He smiled at her. "I couldn't imagine life the way you see it." He knew nothing he could say would change her mind, but he could at least state that his mind wouldn't ever change. "I'm not hunting because I'm not hungry." He added with a incline of the head.

"You're a young leopardess, you shouldn't be so serious." He was just playing along with what she was doing, but his own way. It seemed to not upset her as much as he thought it was going to. He didn't mean to continue his side of this conversation, but he couldn't pretend to be something he wasn't. "It'll end up getting you hurt, or worse." He said with a sad smile. It was sad to see her like this, or anyone like that so young.

"One day, I hope, you will realize that you need a little childish habits, or life just falls apart." Perhaps she would, perhaps she wouldn't. "But I should be going, miss. I appreciate your concern with my actions." He bowed to her and stood up. He didn't need this right now. She was going to make his mood worse, even after he thought he could control it. He wanted to cry, but he wouldn't let himself. Not here, not with her.

Again, taken aback, she just sat there and stared at him for a moment. Was she not hearing anything she was saying. She felt she was being insulted, but saw that he was leaving. Good, she didn't have to. She saw his leaving as proof that she was right, and he wasn't able to argue back more to her. She felt as if she perhaps got through to him with his actions. Of course, it wasn't true, but she didn't know that. She smiled with triumph. She, once again, saved someone else the pain that she had never really experienced.

[Finished]