Welcome to Gaia! ::

De Civitate Nocte

Back to Guilds

Guild for the B/C Shop De Civitate Nocte (Under Construction...) 

Tags: Breedables and Changing Pets, Roleplay, De Civitate Nocte, Supernatural, Fantasy 

Reply ✥ De Civitate Nocte
OOC ||Hangout thread

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yorugami

Captain

Ruthless Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:21 am
For the people who don't want to talk about the shop XD
But just wanna hang out.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:28 am
Ninja Katze

The funny thing about that opera shows was...I was like 3-4 years old when I watched those. XD Hahaha...and it's not even my native language so it was kind of weird. My mom said I was so distracted by it more than kiddy shows.

Yeah some people are like that...I have a few friends who use art as just something fun to do on the side and don't even particularly feel the need to improve it. I know some of hasn't drawn since I knew them in HS. RL things > Art for them now.

Oddly though my friend, Teiflin, is the opposite...she never used to draw before I met her in high school. Her state was basically stickmen but she was interested in the doodles I was drawing and I basically taught her the basics of drawing...and now...she's using it to get online business on graphic arts. XD She's more of an artist than I am now. LOL.

Woah...that's one swanky town....our city is one small island and yet we only have one airport. X__x Some islands you still need a ferry to get to. But yeah...drugs are everywhere. We get so many deaths and psyche admissions from those. Can't really avoid it in the modern world. >>; The area behind my house is a drug den..it's so bad police don't go there for fear of their lives and peace and order in the Philippines isn't exactly ideal. XD

I guess I can't really relate since I'm the introvert type and gave ******** all what other people thought of me. >>; Guidance counselor was even worried because apparently my personality type in the test they administered said I was the type who had no conscience at all. (not true)
But I only hung about with 6 close friends and said ******** off to everyone else.
........Also we didn't have an arts program. Just an after school club once every week which was more like draw whatever you like than anything else..and that was only in the last 4 years of high school. Anything art related? -- basically learn it yourself or hire a private art tutor or go into an art class in some other special art school. (none of which we bothered with...too expensive)

Hey I live with my parents still...and it's not such a disgrace here. XD I mean one of my friends who is basically the one running their company (which is a huge coal mining business) lives with all her married brothers and sisters and their kids all in one house. >>; Family tend to stick together in my country...yeah.

We only ever move out if we REALLY REALLY NEED TO or get sick of the parental units.

That's good to know. Getting a good doctor is a time consuming task. Most often patients have to scout out several doctors before they get a good one. Hhhmmm.....people without insurance tend to go to our public hospitals in the out patient department. I don't know how your healthcare system works but since out indigents here live off basically less than 3$ a day, medical costs are suicide for them and they go to public hospitals where the government allows free room and board, suspiciously cheap generic medications and generic medical supplies and doctors tend to work pro-bono and/or just paid by the government a monthly salary no matter how many patients they see or not.

Man torn knee ligaments sucks though. : / You should get your hubbie to wear a brace in the meantime to help support the leg until you guys can get surgery.

I think as long as the water splash on one side compensate against
the extremely bright clouds and busy mountains...it should be okay.
Since the bright splash of white clouds tend to auto-draw the eye there first before the central character.

Yorugami

Captain

Ruthless Shapeshifter

Magical Cat Party

Magical Cat

12,850 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:05 am
Yorugami

Well I was like 16 or 17 when I was watching those opera's haha. I had no idea what they were saying either. There was a white american dude on the show, and i asked my friend about his accent, since he was speaking Mandarin, and my friend said his accent was still off, and that most people will never speak "correctly" if it's not their native tongue. I can see that, he never picked up fluent English, and our language classes were a joke, I learned a bit from the 2 years of spanish I was forced to take, but when you are 16 and don't care, you won't learn it. I would have if they had introduced it when we were still children. Even my mother learned spanish as a child, and I wish they did it like that in our school distict.

It's funny, depending on who my friend is talking to, she's either awesome at art, or admits she's mediocre. If it's a hot guy, oh yeah you better bet your sweet a** that shes amazing at it. We had started talking again, last year, since going to college separated everyone, a lot of them went to out of state colleges, dear god the tuition costs. But I think she holds my skills against me, since when I try to go out with her, she blows me off, and started to more and more then more of my art she saw. Plus since highschool, I lost 60 pounds and I'm not her fat girl sidekick anymore, we are equal in size. I have no idea why she'd be jealous, I'd be the ultimate wingman, I'm married and not looking to cheat.

I don't have very many friends because my classmates were all a-holes in school, and I'm mostly introverted. I have no problems doing mostly everything by myself, and don't need people to follow me, and don't REALLY need friends, just you know it's fun to do things with people occasionally...

I am not sure, but I did tutor one of my school friends a long time ago, and he really got into drawing. I'm not sure if he continued it, but he followed everything I told him to do and really improved.

Lol, no our town is not full of swank. I suspect the only reason we have an airport IS to traffic drugs. I have been told by several people that our judge, the airport owner, and an air conditioning salesman are all in on it. The judge makes sure the "right" people stay on the streets, and the air conditioner salesman peddles it around town, his son looks like a meth addict, it's super evident. The area around my house is becoming more and more dangerous from drugs. We moved into the country to avoid both neighbors and dangerous people but the dangerous people are having to move too... It wasn't like this even 4 years ago.

In America, the south has a reputation for being forgotten by the rest of the nation. I'm not sure if you know what a redneck or hillbilly truely are, butthe rest of the US look down on us. Especially states like Mississipi, South Carolina, Texas (which isn't really included in what is considered the "south"), and my glorious state of Arkansas is completely forgotten, Like Wyoming, or Nebraska. I have been asked, while traveling, if I wore shoes, after people learned where I was from. I mean, really? Do they really think we eat clay and don't wear shoes? That we don't have electricity in places that aren't a metropolitan city? They used to call kids mud babies or clay eaters in the 1930's because poverty, famine and malnutrition were and kind of still are a problem. Children would eat red clay for the minerals in it. They also usually didn't wear shoes normally back then because having 6 to 15 kids in an impoverished state, well you can't afford shoes every year for all of them.

Here with the health care system you kind of have to seek out people willing to just give it to you regardless of need, or are kind enough if you do need it, at least in my area, the US is huge and some states don't suffer from this problem. My previous doctor only wanted our money, many are complaining about that because of similar problems. My new doctor began solving our problems from the first visit. Another problem with or healthcare system is that a lot of insurance providers don't cover everything, or if they do you'd pay an a** load for it. 1000$ UDS a month so you can pay only 35$ to go to the doctor, rather then 150 to 1000$, depending on your problem, doesn't seem worth it. That would be coverage for mom, dad, and 1 child. If you don't make enough the government will provide children total healthcare until 18.
I wish we, and every other country in the world, would follow Canada, and a lot of the rules and laws they have. Their banking, insurance, and regulation laws are a lot stricter, but they make sure no one is taking advantage of the other. I'd rather pay so I know everyone can go get healthcare, even if their are people taking advantage of it. I know too many people who have awful problems that they will not go to the doctor to fix too. One of my co-workers has a permanent limp because he got in a car accident 2 years ago and could not afford to get it fixed because his mother died and they lost that source of income.

He does have a brace he wears, and another one with a cushion to go between his knees when he sleeps. It's just after 3 or 4 years of having this, nothing we do will make it better, only surgery.

I am still trying to finish the black and white layer of her the horse and the cat. Oh man, this is why I do tiny pictures they are so much faster. I have been trying to work larger and larger, but they always take a lot longer.

You always have snazzy avatars. Every time I come on. What do you think of this tiny satan I made.

Which design

User Image
or
User Image

I don't know if I like the masks. I don't know if you will like the onsies.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:48 am
Ninja Katze

Which design

User Image
or
User Image

I don't know if I like the masks. I don't know if you will like the onsies.

Will comment on the other stuff later. XD
It's getting to be a bit long. /quickie reply on the CS design.

1. Never been a fan of masks. So I can't be very objective about this. Masks tend to be passing fads most of the time. : / Wear it a lot when it first comes out and never wear it again. But out of the two I like the scowly furry browed one. Not too fond of the tail scarf...I think it makes it less versatile and would
cover up a lot of the avatar and items you'd like to pair your scarf with. (p.s. not fond of the weird flower/leave accents too-- that's just me personally because I prefer not to wear teh girly things. XD)

2. The onesies are cool but the design is way too feminine with the boobcups. I wish you'd go for the armor route though. We need more draconic armor. You should go for the Dark King (Chestplate) type of silhouette only in dragon scales without a large chest jewel (we have chest jewels people can opt to wear in gold shops if they wish) and that silhouette will be less feminine and both genders could wear it and I know a lot of people would love to have more sleek armor options in the GS. I know people have been clamoring for more armor both girls and guys can wear without looking like a brick house tank.
PLUS! -- Dragon armor with wings and tail? YES! OvO I love LOVE the elemental tails and the colors your going for in the base designs. Although honestly, not too sure you're putting too much in the design with adding a sleeve/glove element as well? (people tend to like to mix and match but on that count you are the final decider)

That's all. Ugh...those tails.
I kind of want them just for the tails themselves without anything else. D:
Tails are allowed to be submitted by themselves I think. XD
Not against the rules. Because dammit DRAGON TAILS!
WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH OF THAT s**t! I WANT SO BAD! D<

p.s. I love your avatar a lot. XD Was going to comment on your profile about it...but I keep forgetting to actually do it! /swt
Thanks though..I'm in between avatars at the moment. I keep changing up things when I'm not happy about something.

Yorugami

Captain

Ruthless Shapeshifter

✥ De Civitate Nocte

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas