Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP/Argus] Spirit of Life - Sasha x Evan Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bipolar bee

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:26 pm
After sending that last tweet, Sasha made her way to the front entrance of the dormitories and waited for Mr. Roberts to show up so that they could get this endeavor underway.

If Argus could help her retrieve her weapon, it was a priceless commodity that she would use if at all possible. She'd done some slight research on the matter - Argus could discern Fear-based entities from Runic-based entities.

It was worth a shot at the very least.

Quote:
To run a test, create a new PRP for it, much like you would a training course. One participant is in the labs wearing the Argus equipment, and the other is outside in the jungle.

Pilots will roll 1d100, and both hunters will respond to the corresponding prompt each time before a new roll. Hunters cannot see one another, but can communicate over headsets to inform each other of what's going on... or anything else they want to talk about.

The test is over when you have found 5 capsules, or if the assisting hunter in the jungle hits 0HP.

1-10 - Success! Your partner finds a fear capsule hidden in the branches of a tree.
11-20 - Your partner hears something click underfoot, and has the good sense to START RUNNING. A small, experimental runic mine detonates close behind them. -25% HP
21-30 - Success! Your partner finds a fear capsule hidden in the branches of a tree.
31-40 - Your partner didn’t find a capsule... but they did find an old (deactivated!) runic-powered trap. Guess this isn’t the first test done out here in the woods.
41-50 - Success! Your partner finds a fear capsule nestled in a pile of rocks.
51-60 - A wave of thick fog rolls in, disorienting your partner. You’ll have to pilot the Argus back to them - and now you’ve lost the signal. Better luck next time?
61-70 - Your partner didn’t find a capsule... but they did find an ACTIVE trap. And by find, they mean stepped right into. Ouch. -25% HP
71-80 - Success! Your partner finds a fear capsule hidden under leaves.
81-90 - ZZZZT - the screen is starting to glitch out on you. Your partner narrowly avoids a several foot drop hidden by bushes while following your directions.
91-100 - Your partner’s searching disturbs a nest of shadowlings. They’ll have to fend them off before you can keep searching. HP: 10, auto damage 5.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:40 pm
It had only been coincidence that Evan had checked his phone when a call went out for something called Argus. He had hesitated before committing himself one way or the other; he had learned not to jump into things around here without fully understanding them. Well, best case scenario, it was a better way to spend his day than killing training dummies.

Worst case scenario, he'd get the hell out of there and Sasha would have to find herself a new Argus. Or a new assistant Argus. Whatever the hell an Argus was, anyway.

Evan pushed through the entrance to the dorms, scanning for and almost immediately finding the young woman who had put out the call for help. He made his way over to her, leading with a friendly smile. "You must be Sasha."  

Inle-roo

bipolar bee

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:49 pm
"I am. You must be Mr. Roberts. It's a pleasure."

It didn't look like it was a pleasure. She offered him a tight smile, one that almost looked like she was reacting only because he'd smiled at her.

Sasha started walking.

"Argus is what they had before the golems. I've done a little research, and I'm certain that this science is something I can use."

Was she even talking to him...?

"From what I've read, I will be running the Argus from within the building, and you will follow my directions as I tell you where to go. I do not know specifics, really, so it will be a learning experience for both of us."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:04 pm
"Likewise, ma'am; please, call me Evan okay then," he trailed off as Sasha started walking, dutifully following behind her. He nodded in acknowledgement--but not quite understanding--as she briefly explained what Argus was. Science and the exploration of the inner workings of life, the universe, and everything had never been one of Evan's interests. Things just worked until they didn't, and Evan had never really cared about the why of it.

There was a good reason Evan was in Sun and not in Life. Following directions he could do, though. "Sounds good," he replied. "Just let me know if I'm getting off track."  

Inle-roo

bipolar bee

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:10 pm
"I will."

As she stepped into the underground whatever it was that housed the Argus equipment, Sasha handed Evan his headset before turning towards her own.

"From here, we will communicate via headset." She suited up with the rest of the requisite equipment before turning to Evan once more.

"I will wait for you to signal you are ready up top. At that point the testing will begin. Do be careful."

She really didn't want to have to find another willing body.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:27 pm
"Yes, ma'am," Evan replied as he took the headset, putting it on and adjusting it as he headed back topside. "Testing, one two," he said into the microphone once he was in the jungle. "Do you copy?"  

Inle-roo

bipolar bee rolled 1 100-sided dice: 79 Total: 79 (1-100)

bipolar bee

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:38 pm
"I hear you. Give me a moment to take a look around." She didn't see much of anything, really. Urging the Argus disc around, Sasha hummed softly.

"Move ahead, I think I see something -- can you.. Can you summon your weapon? So I know where you are. I see an orange glow, just follow the Argus. I'll lead you to it."

Capsules: 1/5  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:37 pm
Gir materialized in Evan's hand with little more than a thought as Evan trailed after the floating disc. He wasn't quite watching where he was going, so he didn't notice that he had kicked something out of a pile of leaves until it rolled in front of him. Curious, he bent to pick it up. "Is this what we're after?" Evan asked, holding the capsule up to the Argus disc.  

Inle-roo

bipolar bee rolled 1 100-sided dice: 22 Total: 22 (1-100)

bipolar bee

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:13 am
"Perfect, yes. That's exactly what we're looking for. It appears that Argus picks up color signals - I can see your weapon now, a blue color. That capsule you're holding radiates orange."

Sasha used the controls to move the disc forward. In the distance she caught sight of another orange glow, and there was a tone of absolute giddiness in her voice when she spoke next.

"Another one. This is fantastic. Follow the Argus once more. I cannot believe this technology, it truly is wonderful."

Capsules: 2/5  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:00 pm
Evan smiled at the joy Sasha's voice, glad to know that she did have a setting higher than cool and polite. He still wasn't quite sure what they were doing or why they were doing it, but it was an easy enough task to wander through the jungle picking up these things, and it made someone else happy.

He followed the Argus around a few large trees, pausing as it suddenly floated higher, almost out of reach. He looked up to see what might have caused it to deviate from its path and spotted another capsule stuck between the branches of a tree. When his fingers came up just short of the branches, Evan used his sword to reach higher and jostle the capsule out of the tree. "Easy enough," he said as he caught it. "Where to next?"  

Inle-roo

bipolar bee rolled 1 100-sided dice: 80 Total: 80 (1-100)

bipolar bee

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:14 am
Sasha paused as she used the Argus disc to search for another signature. The glow of Evan's weapon was a brilliant blue, and in the distance she could see the orange glow of yet another capsule.

"This way," Sasha ordered - gently, he was her little guinea pig after all. There was a laugh in her voice, one that spoke volumes as to how excited she was over the success of the Argus.

"I do appreciate your help, Mr. Roberts. I have hope that this will be of great assistance to me."

Capsules: 3/5  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:09 pm
"You're quite welcome, ma'am," Evan replied as he pocketed the capsules he had collected. He obediently followed the Argus as it led him a little deeper into the jungle, stopping when it slowly descended over a pile of fallen leaves. Much to Gir's annoyance, Evan used the blade to poke around in it until another capsule rolled out. "What are you hoping to accomplish with this, anyway?"  

Inle-roo

bipolar bee rolled 1 100-sided dice: 52 Total: 52 (1-100)

bipolar bee

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:10 pm
"I've been given a mission by the Doctor and.. something needs finding. Something runic-based. I think this might be a useful tool, a tool that I could use to find a runic-based item among Fear-based beings. I am hoping that this would cut down on time spent blindly wandering about."

Suddenly the signal cut out, and Sasha couldn't see anything.

"Mr. Roberts? Can you see the Argus? I'm afraid I can't see anything - not even the glow of your weapon."

Capsules 3/5  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:13 pm
"I see. Makes sense." Thankfully, Evan knew just enough about the runic- and Fear-based tech they used on the island--that is, he knew that they used runic tech and Fear-based tech and that they were completely different and yet inextricably intertwined, but not the hows and whys and other kinds of whats--to have some idea of Sasha's goal. It wouldn't hurt to make sure, though. "Like a metal detector on a beach, right?"

The Argus led Evan farther into the jungle. He followed it around a tree and then abruptly lost sight of it as he walked headlong into a thick patch of fog that he could have sworn hadn't been there a minute ago. "Sh--shoot, no, I lost sight of it. It got really foggy, all of a sudden." He turned and carefully walked back in the direction he thought he had come from, but it was hard to see anything and he couldn't be sure. "I should be coming out of it soon, I think. Let me know when you can see me again."  

Inle-roo

bipolar bee rolled 1 100-sided dice: 31 Total: 31 (1-100)

bipolar bee

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:34 pm
Sasha caught the blue glow of Evan's sword once more. She let out a low sigh of relief before speaking.

"I see you again, Mr. Roberts. I suppose that's why they're asking for volunteers. Seems that there are still a few glitches that need fixing."

She was silent for a moment as she regained her bearings.

"Something like that, Mr. Roberts. A metal detector searching for a runic needle in a Fear haystack."

A slight blue tinted the corner of her vision, and Sasha moved the Argus towards it. "Something runic here. Please be careful, I'm not sure what it is."

CAPSULES 3/5  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces