SerinaNight

SilverShieldwolf

Sinbari

thyPOPE

Toshihiko Two

Vashtya

Vesperiie

xKOVAKtheWOLFx

If you participated in the Hibiscus Dice Game, please gather all your prompt replies and post them in this thread as one post for ease of linking in your legendary requirements, and so that we can have a look.

we might give out prizes for those who wrote up really good replies, but if we do, it'll be in the next 2-3 days, so get them written up fast!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:50 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

As Never Idle surveys the collection laid out at the feet of participating kin, his eyes narrowed, his expression is unreadable. At this point, he's looking to see what you brought, and what makes it special.

Precipice cared little and less for plants, but that didn't mean she knew nothing about them. When a competition was called for, she couldn't resist but partake, for the thrill, for the challenge. Her offering is a strand of close-knit long-throated blossoms, their color a deep purple, made even deeper by the fact that they are drying fast, withering at her hooves.

(At this point OOCly rolled out, but continuing to respond as if in IC competition for a while more)

-----

Never Idle nods as he looks over the goodies, his eyes narrowed and expression thoughtful. He makes eye contact with all the kin, and those whose offerings he thinks are good enough remain. The others are sent home, tails between their legs.

Now, though, he wants more information. His mouth shifts as he considers. "Alright, then. Tell me where this came from. The plains? the swamp? Trees, mud, water? What is its source?"

"The ground," she replies immediately, matter-of-fact. It's only after a moment's pause she realizes the stag probably wants a little more than that. "The swamp," she clarifies, none too well.

-----

They are all interesting items, and they all catch his eye in different ways -- each from a different place, with a different story, with a different home. They are all unique, at least in one way, so no one is sent home. They all make him humm.

"How did you get it, then? And how did you bring it here?"

"Carefully," she replies with a dour laugh. The flower is poisonous, fatally so, and it took great care to bring it here. "I broke the stem much farther down and wrapped it in hide."

-----

"It sounds like that took some work…" his eyes narrowed as he said it, head tipped to the side and expression thoughtful. It took thought and, yes, a bit of daring. Or trouble. Or strength. They show difference.

"So, answer me this. If your plant were a kin, which species would it be? Acha? Totoma? Kimeti? Why?"

This question baffles her for a moment. Clearly she's never compared kin to plants. "A totoma," she decides at last. "It's a potent, deadly thing, not to be trifled with."

-----

"That was a really stupid question." It comes with a snicker, with his eyes narrowed and his tail swishing -- and as he says it, the Stag shape of Never Idle melts down into a more nimble mongoose, hopping in closer to touch the plant.

"I can't believe you answered it. Try this one instead -- if I were to make an accessory or talisman out of this, what would you ask for? What would you suggest?"

She laughs as well, glad he agrees, glad she didn't think too hard on the reply. Accessories are also not her forte, though she's proud of the crocodile teeth she wears around her neck that was all his doing, not her own. "Your opinion is better than mine," she admits with a shrug. "Make it a charm to wear at the base of one's tail, unobtrusive, but there. It'll serve as a warning, when necessary, otherwise just a pretty but practical charm."

-----

t's down to five of them, now. Five plants remain. Five he looks over.

"I might just do that. With the winner. If they're lucky." A mongoose grinning is an intimidating sight, but at least it melts away quickly. He circles the objects that remain, mouth pressed into a line instead, and thinks about what he'd make.

"If you could give this plant to someone, who would it be? A friend, an enemy? Why?"

"My daughters," she replies, without question. "It'd serve as a lesson to them. It's a pretty thing, but just a plant, normally something neither would pay attention to. It's deadliness is a reminder that even plants require some measure of respect." Even not eating them, one had to be wary of their dangers.

-----

"Well. It is down to you, now. Just those who remain. So tell me: why do you deserve to win? What sets you, personally, apart from the others?"

She laughs now, unable to contain it anymore. Listening to so many other responses, grave and serious compared to her rapid-fire top of her head comments has been at once boring and enlightening. When her turn comes to reply:

"Honestly, I don't." Blunt, honest, with warmth in her smirk. "This," a hoof waves over the offerings, discarded and otherwise, "is not what I'm good at, or what I care to be good at. I am a hunter, I don't mess with poisons, I don't mess with plants. Next time, ask us to bring you some skins."

-----

"Uh huh. Except, there's still many of you here -- and so, it's not just about you winning, but them LOSING. Why do you think the kin around you deserve to LOSE?"

An interesting question to ask, especially given her response to his last one, but her matter-of-factness rarely fails her. "They know too much," she replies with ease. "They thought too much about their offerings and lost sight of the offerings themselves? Something like that."

-----

"Yeah, fine, calm down." He gestures with one paw as he says it, in a way that's comical and not at all dignified or legendary, and then eases back into his Stag form -- looking down at them and tilting his head.

"In truth, these are all offerings to Matope. What would you ask for, with yours?"

"Strength and good sense for my tribe," she responds at once, but this time her golden eyes are serious. In her youth she would have asked for those qualities for herself, but times had changed. She had changed. Her tribe, her family, they were her first priority now.

Vesperiie

Hallowed Hunter

Atmadja

Romantic Humorist

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:58 pm

As Never Idle surveys the collection laid out at the feet of participating kin, his eyes narrowed, his expression is unreadable. At this point, he's looking to see what you brought, and what makes it special.

Condolences skipped her tiny tiptoe skip into the area, taking with her soft white blossoms, the sort that seemed to be faultless in softness and color and purity. These, she thought, would be perfect -- but oh, did they seem to sad? Sympathetic little blossoms, they were...

---
Never Idle nods as he looks over the goodies, his eyes narrowed and expression thoughtful. He makes eye contact with all the kin, and those whose offerings he thinks are good enough remain. The others are sent home, tails between their legs.

Now, though, he wants more information. His mouth shifts as he considers. "Alright, then. Tell me where this came from. The plains? the swamp? Trees, mud, water? What is its source?"

"The flowers? Oh, these? Oh..." Condolences thought. "I gathered them from this lovely obliging tree..." The thought suddenly made her sad. She usually took these flowers only to give others joy and comfort. Perhaps she should not have plucked quite so many?

---
They are all interesting items, and they all catch his eye in different ways -- each from a different place, with a different story, with a different home. They are all unique, at least in one way, so no one is sent home. They all make him humm.

And that clinched it, twisting her guilt. Condolences set down her flowers and plucked one of the blooms out of it -- why was she here? She should apologize to the tree. And promise she would only take these particular flowers for the best, the absolute best, purposes. Like giving someone comfort. She bowed her head and sneaked quietly away.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:05 pm

1. As Never Idle surveys the collection laid out at the feet of participating kin, his eyes narrowed, his expression is unreadable. At this point, he's looking to see what you brought, and what makes it special.

He'd heard that it needed to be something special, so that was - well - precisely what he'd brought.

To be honest, the presentation was far from as...nice as he'd ordinarily have it. But Never Idle wanted something special, and Where We Were needed this to prove it.

The bloom sitting atop the plant he'd selected looked like a rose, though dusty blue and petals tipped with a cream not unlike the color of the darker spots on his coat. Its stem was green only at the bottom, near the roots, and a rich soil-brown elsewhere - like something out of a dream. The roots dangled from the end Nostalgia wasn't holding, dirt still clinging to them - ample proof that the sprig hadn't come from a tree. For it did really look like it had - there was a small cloud of blue-green leaves like those from a maple tree just beneath the flower itself.

Yes, Where We Were was certain that this was special.

2. Never Idle nods as he looks over the goodies, his eyes narrowed and expression thoughtful. He makes eye contact with all the kin, and those whose offerings he thinks are good enough remain. The others are sent home, tails between their legs.

Where We Were was not the sort to wait his turn to speak, but he was also not the sort to rudely interrupt another kin. So he waited for the first opening and began his (quite gracious, in his esteemed opinion) reply.

"I found it in the swamp," he began. "Near the, ah, river that my mother and father first forded when they met." It was actually quite far from his usual wanderings - he'd been spending a lot of time near Westfen lately in an attempt to woo A Certain Doe, but he'd remembered the place where he'd spent his childhood and he'd returned there after seeing his recent clutch safely to adulthood. That felt weird, it did.

But now he was free to focus on That Doe again, which was a positive.

3. They are all interesting items, and they all catch his eye in different ways -- each from a different place, with a different story, with a different home. They are all unique, at least in one way, so no one is sent home. They all make him humm.

Nostalgia laughed, the first demonstration so far of any sort of nerves. No one had been sent away - that had to mean the competition was stiff. And he'd heard the stories that the other kin had told. It was stiff.

"Well, I'm a bit of a traveler. And of course I'm familiar with the place - my, uh, mom said that my father had said he'd hung around it, so she stuck around there after my sibs and I were born. You know. I grew up there. I went there recently and..."

Okay, no. This was a legendary he was dealing with. There would be no embellishment here.

"Okay, to be honest I kind of tripped over it? Just kind of - " He paused, made a gesture with his hoof. "Yeah. But it sprung right back up. Thought it was kind of cool, actually. So I just - uh - I just plucked it outta there. I'm kind of surprised it looks as fresh as it does. And then I ran." That was something he was good at.

4. "It sounds like that took some work…" his eyes narrowed as he said it, head tipped to the side and expression thoughtful. It took thought and, yes, a bit of daring. Or trouble. Or strength. They show difference.

"So, answer me this. If your plant were a kin, which species would it be? Acha? Totoma? Kimeti? Why?"

Ah, yes - poetry and metaphor. This was Nostalgia's forte, or so he thought.

"It would be an acha," he said decisively. "Delicate-looking, colorful, and quite out of place in the swamp - and yet remarkably, remarkably resiliant."

A shorter answer, here, would suffice.

5. "That was a really stupid question." It comes with a snicker, with his eyes narrowed and his tail swishing -- and as he says it, the Stag shape of Never Idle melts down into a more nimble mongoose, hopping in closer to touch the plant.

"I can't believe you answered it. Try this one instead -- if I were to make an accessory or talisman out of this, what would you ask for? What would you suggest?"

6. Stupid? If it had been anything, it wasn't that. Metaphor - metaphor was sublime, not stupid. He looked down his snout at the now tiny mongoose. How dare he?

But the next question caught Where We Were just as much as the previous, if for a much more material reason.

"Oh - oh, that's an interesting one. I think - oh, I can't decide. It'd be lovely, I think, if you could twine the flower bit with a vine about my left antler, to accent it. It's lovely, isn't it?" It wasn't clear if he meant the flower or the antler. "And then perhaps, ah - the leaves could be made into a wrap of sorts. For a doe's neck - there's enough of them. And then we would match, kind of - two parts of a whole, see, and she'd be flattered that I'd thought of it. For her."

He smiled, a little awkwardly.

7. t's down to five of them, now. Five plants remain. Five he looks over.

"I might just do that. With the winner. If they're lucky." A mongoose grinning is an intimidating sight, but at least it melts away quickly. He circles the objects that remain, mouth pressed into a line instead, and thinks about what he'd make.

"If you could give this plant to someone, who would it be? A friend, an enemy? Why?"

Oh - oh. So he hadn't liked the idea.

That wouldn't be stopping Nostalgia, though he suspected that his next answer would be disliked just as much. (And it probably wasn't wanted, anyway.)

"To the doe!" he blurted out after hardly considering it. "She's darling."

Other kin glanced over at him as though he was strange. He winced and slinked just a little further away, but stayed within the vicinity of the contest. He'd just watch, then. And then keep his answers to himself.

Yeah.

He just wanted to see what Never Idle made for the winner, he reassured himself.

8. "Well. It is down to you, now. Just those who remain. So tell me: why do you deserve to win? What sets you, personally, apart from the others?"

Damnit. Damnit, Where We Were should have been one of those final four. He knew exactly what he would have said, too - come on! Wasn't it obvious?

He'd made an effort to answer the questions eloquently, and even respectfully. The plant was artful and quite unique - there'd been a few like it nearby, but he'd never spotted it before. And he was a flower connoisseur - he had to know what he was talking about. Also, he'd found it where his parents had met (never mind that his mother had never seen his father again afterwards). That had to count for something.

9. "Uh huh. Except, there's still many of you here -- and so, it's not just about you winning, but them LOSING. Why do you think the kin around you deserve to LOSE?"

It was clear that the question struck a chord with Where We Were, and as he looked around, he realized that some of the other (remaining and former) contestants were feeling similarly.

See, anyone could say he was pretty thoughtless. But he never meant to hurt anyone, and he never meant for anyone else to lose. If he won, he meant. And sometimes...sometimes he didn't get the doe. Sometimes, he wouldn't win the contest.

That didn't mean that he deserved to lose. And that didn't mean that...anyone else here, really, did, either.

He swallowed, and, for a moment, considered himself lucky. At least he could avoid answering that question for himself another day.

10. "Yeah, fine, calm down." He gestures with one paw as he says it, in a way that's comical and not at all dignified or legendary, and then eases back into his Stag form -- looking down at them and tilting his head.

"In truth, these are all offerings to Matope. What would you ask for, with yours?"

Where We Were was turning away now - this contest hadn't been for him, he realized. And it didn't matter to him who won. So he was leaving now, and taking the flower so that he could try to make something of it himself.

He heard the next question asked as he started, and smiled to himself. What would his offerings ever be for, but romance?

thyPOPE
Crew

Devoted Hoarder

Kiwi Squirt Bottle

Tipsy Enabler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:15 pm

Up-and-Down tended to avoid these large gatherings. Accustomed as she was to wandering about and searching, the mass of kin was overwhelming and a bit frightening. Word had made its way to her, however, of someone looking for something... Special. At her feet lay a plant; taller than wide, with a cavity inside. The smell of death emanating from it made her eyes water. Not unusual for this plant, but still a trial.

This plant, she'd found growing from a mess of vines growing in one of the wettest and warmest parts of the swamp. There'd been bugs crawling over and inside of it; flies, ants, gnats. You name it, it was trying to call this guy 'home.' It was weird though, and Bob had brought it back with her to talk about it with her mother. Never Idle's request though... This was a better opportunity, maybe.

How did she get it? "Fetched." It was the first word she's actually said aloud, and wasn't terribly descriptive, admittedly. "I found it while looking for edibles for the garden... The farm?" What did they call it, anyways? "Found it by the bad smell. Someone could have been hurt or injured. Found this instead. Bugs." She'd convinced her pet to clamber to it and pluck it as far away from the plant as he could. "Brought it here in a packet of leaves. Still didn't stop the smell."

"It sounds like that took some work…" his eyes narrowed as he said it, head tipped to the side and expression thoughtful. It took thought and, yes, a bit of daring. Or trouble. Or strength. They show difference.

Well... That was an odd question. "A kin? Well... A Zwika? It smells... It smells old, and seemed to prefer the dark places." It wasn't wrinkly though. Too blobby to be an Acha, not elegant enough to be a kimeti, and she had a feeling it would definitely not survive the cold well enough to be a Totoma. "But not because I think Zwika smell funny...!" she added in haste, hoping not to offend.

"That was a really stupid question." It comes with a snicker, with his eyes narrowed and his tail swishing -- and as he says it, the Stag shape of Never Idle melts down into a more nimble mongoose, hopping in closer to touch the plant.

The poor kin who'd have to wear this as it was. Bob shuddered slightly. "I wouldn't... I would dry it flat, maybe? Or if you could dry it as it was..." A light came to her eye as an idea sparked. "If it wouldn't smell once dried, perhaps you could make it in to a small carry-thing?" The hollow inside this (small sample as it was) would be good to carry small things, like plant seeds, or... A sip of water. "But if it smelled, it'd best be used as a cloaking device for tracking."

t's down to five of them, now. Five plants remain. Five he looks over.

Up-and-Down had to think about this for a moment, and she felt almost as if she was pondering too long. "If I were to give this to someone, it... I'd probably give it to my mother. She's always had an interest in plants, and is trying to grow them. She might be able to find a use for this and see if it'd survive with her others." But Bob would remember this plant -- should she ever want to play a trick on someone, placing a few of these where they resided would provide great fun on her part and vexation on theirs; the smell was still pretty bad.

"Well. It is down to you, now. Just those who remain. So tell me: why do you deserve to win? What sets you, personally, apart from the others?"

What? This was supposed to be about the plants! Bob wasn't a plant, she just fetched them. "I don't... I don't personally expect to win. I just heard you were asking for something special, and in all my travels, this is probably one of the most unique plants I've ever come across. I've never found a plant that smelled of rot before. I've asked a few, and it seems to be a fairly unique thing. Others have seen similar, but none quite like this." Bug Traps, some called them, though they were different than her specimen. Her's didn't clap two parts together in order to trap bugs... it seemed to do it with it's own special sort of perfume...

"Uh huh. Except, there's still many of you here -- and so, it's not just about you winning, but them LOSING. Why do you think the kin around you deserve to LOSE?"

"I don't." The poor doe was never any good at picking favourites or winners, especially not to their faces. She was typically of the mindset that there was good in most people, in everything. "I mean, her plant," and she nodded at the doe with the cattails, "is food. And that's pretty special. It enables us to live. I don't.... I couldn't choose, sir."

"Yeah, fine, calm down." He gestures with one paw as he says it, in a way that's comical and not at all dignified or legendary, and then eases back into his Stag form -- looking down at them and tilting his head.

And there was her downfall. Her desire to not hurt feelings, her inability to make a choice beyond the basics of what to eat for dinner, where to sleep, which path to take.... Bob was out. Perhaps Never Idle's question was a sign. She would ask for the courage to make the hard choices, to be willing to step on hooves occasionally. It wouldn't be easy, and it would take time, but perhaps, she'd be able to tell others no, to stand up for herself, and to worry less about offending someone.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:17 pm

Swarm drops the wild orchid she had bought, placing it in front of Never Idle and letting him inspect the flower without a word. It speaks for itself, with large vibrant purple petals. Red and yellows dot the edges and the inside is a bright orange.

-----

"Swamp." Swarm answers shortly. "Near water." At least that's where she vaguely recalls grabbing it from. She'd been going to get a drink and the bright flower had been on the side of a muddy path. It had been so surprisingly enchanting, she hadn't been able to stop herself from taking it with her.

-----

Swarm blinks. Was this a trick question? "I picked it up and I carried it." She tilts her head curiously and waits for a long moment before adding, "I walked." Sister had carried it at one point as well, but that hardly needed to be mentioned.

-----

Again she blinks. The question is unexpected. She stares down at the orchid, inspecting it. It was delicate, flamboyant. “Acha.” Yes, that seems to fit. Swarm looks proud that she even managed to decide on an answer.

-----

“I don’t care.” She answers immediately, annoyed that he had called her stupid. But she recovers quickly, giving her tongue a strange little click. “It’s good enough on its own. But…” She is trying her best to come up with suitable answers. “I would put it behind my ear.”

-----

It's down to five of them, now. Five plants remain. Five he looks over.

“I would give it to Sister.” She doesn’t elaborate as to who or what Sister was. But the wasp is somewhere nearby, probably watching. The wasp had seemed to like the flower. Though Swarm doubts Sister would hold onto it for long.

-----

“We are all different. If you like the flower, I will win. If not, I will leave.” She stares at him, not caring either way.

-----

She glances around at the other offerings and remains silence. They deserve to win just as much as she does. Wait… “They are not wasps.” There, that would do.

-----

“Understanding.” Her Kin could be so confusing. Insects were simple creatures. But she wanted to do her best to continue to understand her own kind. That was why she was here in the first place.

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Toshihiko Two

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:15 pm

Half Sleep really liked contests okay. It didn't matter what it was, or how it went down, she was the master fetcher. (and very fetching) (if she did say so herself).

So when the guy said he wanted plants, Sleep delivered.

She raced off, going as far as she could to get the hardest to get thing.

Which turned out to be scraggly, green, and weedy. But it was tough, right? And had little...tufty fuzzy parts. On the head. It had taken a long time to pull up. She lay it down at Idle's feet for judging. Maybe it was something new.

It tasted...well...planty.

She wasn't a plant expert but it probably tasted better than the other plants here.

--

"Cliff," Sleep replies immediately. "Really tall cliff. The biggest cliff ever. I scaled it in like, record time, too. I mean, most people couldn't have even gotten up that high, but see these legs?"

She shook one for emphasis.

"So yeah. Bounding up there like, four rocks at a time and out on the edge of this really dangerous overhang, growing ALL BY ITSELF, without any water or soil or anything, there it is. Pretty impressive, huh?"

And she had plucked it. She nudged it with her hoof.

--

"First I had to get across this raging river. I mean. There was no good place to cross this thing. So. Swam it, because,"

She shook her leg again.

"Plus everything was so steep, I had to go right up a waterfall. Then balancing on the very edge of my hooves, I went up and up and up. I mean. Precipices. Eagle attacks. You name it, I hoofed it. But crawling out to get it was the real feat. I mean, there was nowhere to stand, and the wind was bad. So I stretched out, I'm on the very end of this thin piece of rock, and I reach out with my teeth and when the wind blows just right, I nab it. I'm telling you, if I was a Totoma, they'd be naming this plant after me."

That wasn't really how Totoma culture worked, but whatever.

--

"Definitely sticking with Totomas on that one, this guy is one tough, eh...little plant thing. Plus they like mountains, it used to live on a mountain. And it's got all that fluffy stuff on it. I mean, not as tough as me, but you know. It tried."

--

"Definitely would make a great...anything, really. It's multi-use. Could go on horns, hooves, whatever, it's super tough, it could take the wear. Personally I think, horn's the place it's destined to be."

She scooped it up a little, modeling it and giving him her best I have a plant hanging on my horn smolder.

"See? Ready for battle."

Like Totomas.

She was sticking to that.

--

Sleep lost some of her bluster, looking shy.

"Oh, um,"

She looked over to where her brother was...was he eating his plant? He'd been kicked earlier on. Normally, everything was a competition, and especially with him, so she'd already mostly won, but...

"M...my brother," She mumbled, looking at the ground and hoofing a rock awkwardly, "it- it'd be for someone really brave and good in battle, so. I mean, I'm great too! But...yeah. For him."

--

"Because life's a race, right? I'm the fastest runner, the strongest swimmer, I will go the extra mile, harder and bigger and tougher because the mile's there. And this is the best plant."

She looked over at Half Waking again.

Well, she was most of the time, anyway.

Except with him.

And maybe having someone to race with made all the racing worthwhile in the first place.

--

Sleep SHRUGGED THE BIGGEST SHRUG.

"There's got to be losers. THAT'S LIFE. Step it up next time, champ. If all our plants fought, my plant would beat the other plants up. I'm just saying. Food chain."

--

"To be the best. Well, both of us. Me and Half Waking." She usually wasn't this sappy. What was with all the serious questions?

It was like that with legendaries, sometimes. Making you think.

Offerings were serious, but when it came down to it, she couldn't imagine being the best without him there too.

(...but still maybe a little ahead of him, occasionally)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:31 pm

1. As Never Idle surveys the collection laid out at the feet of participating kin, his eyes narrowed, his expression is unreadable. At this point, he's looking to see what you brought, and what makes it special.

Half Waking wasn't exactly the sharpest tool in the metaphorical shed, all muscle and grim determination over insight and cleverness. The plant - at least he thought it was a plant, it was actually a mushroom - that he'd brought was a splash of loud colour tempered only with a very overwhelming sharp smell of chemicals. Carrying it in his mouth was making him feel rather funny.

He placed it down with a wrinkle of his nose. "It's nothing too special." He hoped maybe it was rare and special and could one-up Asleep but laid out it just looked rather sad and drooly.

2.Never Idle nods as he looks over the goodies, his eyes narrowed and expression thoughtful. He makes eye contact with all the kin, and those whose offerings he thinks are good enough remain. The others are sent home, tails between their legs.

For whatever reason he was permitted to stay while the others were sent away as inadequate. His plant still didn't look so impressive to him. He didn't show it. Instead he held his head high and pawed the ground with a hoof.

"Mine was found by chance while I was out running, it was pretty interesting so I like, brought it back. It smelled really funny. I don't normally do plants." he meant foraging, it had never been his strong point. "But I was like, waking, this here's a really interesting little thing and maybe someone might be interested, so I brought it and it had these interesting spots only they are all gone now. I don't know where they went." Carrying it in his mouth had marred the delightful patterns - a fact that was slightly unsettling.

3. They are all interesting items, and they all catch his eye in different ways -- each from a different place, with a different story, with a different home. They are all unique, at least in one way, so no one is sent home. They all make him humm.

"I um. I found it like, near a tree stump, a big tree that had fallen over that I liked to run across, and it hadn't been there before but it was there that day. So I picked it up. Like this."

And leaning down, he picked the mushroom up in his teeth. It promptly disintegrated, and because, as was prior established, waking wasn't the smarted kin around, he swallowed it. It took a few moments, derailing him from his comments as he teetered wobbily. "And then I ran really fast all the way here." And in a very addled mushroom steered sort of confusion, he skipped away proudly to demonstrate.

He only got a short way away before he keeled over. He was probably ok.

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Dizzy_Kat

Hardcore Bibliophile

19,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:14 pm
(Submitted for Certing)

Never Idle

In response, if you're playing the prompts out, please write up at least 2-3 sentences explaining what your kin has brought and what it looks like, giving only the physical characteristics. Don't explain where it came from or its story -- save those for other prompts!

Tiny Bubbles had managed to sneak it past his own mother and sister; the small flower tucked deep in their small bundle of provisions. He pulled it out now and laid it before Never Idle. "It's small, sort of a bright red/orange color. There's five petals... I think... maybe ten? I don't know. It has the weird things that stick up too. They might be petals. The center hangs down. It's yellow and there's only one flower on each stem." Fizz shrugged. He'd not seen anything quite like it before and hoped that maybe the other kin hadn't either.

Never Idle

In response, if you're playing the prompts out, please write up at least 2-3 sentences explaining where the plant is from giving only information about its previous location, specific or vague.

"Swamp. Well, sort of. Like the edge? Before the ground hardens. It wasn't along the main trail, but in sort of a ditch. There was just a small patch of them in the grass. "

Never Idle

In response, if you're playing the prompts out, please write up at least 2-3 sentences explaining how your kin grabbed the plant and brought it to the festival, explaining a bit about its travels.

How did he get it? Uhhh the usual way one gets flowers? Fizz made a face but kept the thought to himself. Slowly he replied, trying to keep the sarcasm from his voice as he did so. "I found it on the side of the path." Suddenly Fizz grinned as an idea sparked in his young mind. His voice lowered dramatically. "I saw the red at a distance. It drew my curiosity. I lagged behind my party, waiting till they got a distance ahead before I veered off to investigate. What could this fantastic thing be? A new bug? Perhaps a berry or fruit worth eating? Well you can imagine my disappointment when I saw it was just a flower." Fizz's tail made a slithering noise in the ground matter behind him, the eerie sound of a serpent coming from the bold youth.

"I slowly approached, there could be more than just pretty flowers in the grass. To my luck, the foliage was silent and I was able to inspect it at my leisure. I found I wanted it for my own. Dare I pick it? What if it were poisonous? I never back down from a dare and the Swamp had given me it's biggest yet.

My teeth closed on the bottom of that tall slender stalk and with a swift Click! I severed it from it's roots." He scratched at the dirt with his hoof and shrugged, reclining back a bit and reverted back to his normal demeanor leaving the poorly told story all the worse for a lack of a proper ending.

"It wasn't poisonous. At least, I haven't got sick yet and you'd think I would by now. As for how I got it here. We had a few provisions wrapped up that I was carrying. I just stuffed it in there and ran to catch up."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:36 pm

Never Idle is the judge. He is the judge because he knows about crafting, he knows about hard work, and he knows at least a bit about what makes an object special.

And special is what he's looking for here and today. He hasn't said beautiful, though beautiful might work too. He hasn't said healthy, though healthy might suffice as well. He hasn't said flower, nor tree nor mushroom. He's just looking for a plant. A plant that is unusual. A plant unlike what anyone else has found.

The participants will line up in front of him and place the object on the ground in front of them. And they might have to defend them.

``````

Whispers had brought a small green cluster of broad, thick, flat, glossy, oval shaped leaves. Its purple to black roots hung out freely like coarse thick hair from underneath the leaves. In the centre was a short green stalk twisted with eight or some lightly coloured pink and white flowers, each with four to six petals. Almost like a wig with a piece of hair ornament, but it wasn't. It was a free floating water plant.

-----------------------------------------

She looked into his eyes as she replied. “It came from the swamp. I took it from the pond in our garden where it lived amongst the duckweed and cattails. I've been around the swamp but there were none that looked as complex as this one. And its source…” she thought. “Well, I would say water and sunlight. There are no fish in our pond. I’ve checked it many times.” She used her hoof to roll the plant over for him to see its underside. "It's not poisonous or my tail would have been full of blisters. Or I would be dead by now." she laughed.

“I’ve scooped it out of the water with my tail. Like this.” And she showed him a smooth steady swipe with her tail. “Then I dipped the plant and my tail in puddles and small lakes that were available while I walked my way over to here. To you.” She looked around at the other plants. Again, none of them looked like hers. “I didn’t want it dead and wilted by the time I arrived. It would be a shame not being able to show this to you.”

"It was rather easy for me. The plant clung onto my tail like sticky sap." It was mostly half tangled up with her tail hair but she didn't notice it while she walked to the festival.
Whispers let out a nervous laugh at his next question. What sort of stupid questions is this? She shook her head and decided to answer him anyway. "If this plant were a kin?" She looked down at the wet plant and observed it like he did. "The colours on the petals are beautiful like pink blush on white clouds and its leaves are broad and sturdy like little pebbles piled on top of one another. I can imagine it being an acha. A female one." She nodded to herself. "All green and glossy with a twist of rosy pink curled around the body like how these flowers have done with the stalk here." Her hoof prodded at the middle of the plant. "It would be a beautiful acha indeed. With long flowing purple black hair draping across her face as the summer breeze blows on by. Everybody knows the achas of Matope are simply stunning to look at."

"If you were to use this plant to craft something out of it --" she sunk her head low to the ground, until her chin touched the soft soil, and nudged the mongoose with her nose telling him to put it onto her head. And she rose back up again as the plant stayed put. "-- it would do justice to the plant to make it into a wreath worn on the head." She could imagine the plant being woven with branches and spiderstrings showcasing its beauty when worn by a kin. Perhaps it would look good on Endless Climb. She'd put her head down low again, tilting it at an angle, and let the plant slide off of her head.

{ Lost the dice game around here }

She had no enemies. At least none that she knew of. "I would give it to my great great grandmother. A zikwa. She was the one that gave me this" and she showed him the dark purple flower with black spots, neatly placed on her head. Dangling from under it was a string of beads."It was a gift she and her furry friends made for me when I became a young adult." Looking at Never Idle, she blushed, but continued, "I don't have any friends with digits that could craft amazing things. If this plant stands out to you the most, it would be an honour to have it crafted into a wreath intertwined with branches and spiderstrings. Nothing else, like shiny beads or shells should not go with it, or it would take away the beauty of the plant itself." She bowed her head to show thanks, and was confident that her plant would somehow stand out from the rest being presented to him that day. "Giving that to her would make her happy. She loves and respects nature the most."

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Cricket2008

Familiar Shapeshifter

8,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hero 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:13 pm
User Image

Quote:
Never Idle is the judge. He is the judge because he knows about crafting, he knows about hard work, and he knows at least a bit about what makes an object special.

And special is what he's looking for here and today. He hasn't said beautiful, though beautiful might work too. He hasn't said healthy, though healthy might suffice as well. He hasn't said flower, nor tree nor mushroom. He's just looking for a plant. A plant that is unusual. A plant unlike what anyone else has found.

The participants will line up in front of him and place the object on the ground in front of them. And they might have to defend them.

Quote:

Eyes of the Night glanced to either side him while Never Idle surveyed the flora in front of each kin. He wondered if he'd chosen right in what he'd brought.

When Never Idle looked to Night for his description, the buck said, "My flower is from a woody climbing vine. It has 5 petals and 5 sepals and a frill around the center. The fruit of the vine is egg-shaped and varies in color."

{OOC- eliminated from game in the first dice roll. RPed as if Night was still in the competition.}

Quote:

Night was pleased to hear that the brown Stag wanted to learn more about his choice of flowers.

"My flower comes from a warm, humid area. It's not overly picky about the soil it seeps it's roots into, but it enjoys a sunny area most of the day."

Quote:

A wonderful question, thought Night. He loved being able to share stories of his travels.

"On the lookout, as I always am, for things to add to my sculptures, I came across this beautiful flower. It, and many others like it, had grown up around a dead tree trunk. My wild avian friends helped me to pluck a section from the tree to bring here for you today."

Quote:

Night pondered the question and couldn't really decide. He hoped his answer wouldn't sound silly, but it was the only thing that made sense to him.

"My flower encompasses all kin. It comes from the Mother, the same as all kin do." Saying it out loud sounded even sillier than he thought it might. He figured this might be his undoing.

Quote:

Night hoped he looked calmer on the outside than he was feeling on the inside. Watching a Legendary change can be a bit unnerving. Even as mongoose, Never Idle, still had a regal bearing.

"A pendant," Night said quickly, almost forgetting to answer the question. "A simple pendant to show off the flower. This is one of MotherSwamp's creations that doesn't need anything else to make it more beautiful."

Quote:

That's an easy question, thought Night.

"I would give this flower to my beloved. A thing of beauty for a thing of beauty." That was all he could say. There was no need to mention that his beloved had gone back to MotherSwamp many seasons ago.

Quote:

Night didn't think himself any more deserving than the others that were here, but the mongoose expected an answer.

"I can't say that my flower is any more beautiful than the others. The beauty that one sees is with the one doing the seeing. As for myself, I'd like to think that I add to the beauty of the swamp with my creations by bringing many beautiful things together in one place for others to admire." Ever the gentleman, Night felt like he may have just bragged a bit too much about himself.

Quote:

Night looked at the kin around him. He didn't like the question. No one 'deserved' to lose.

"I cannot answer that. Many of the kin here are strangers to me, but I'm sure that none 'deserve' to lose."

Quote:

Oh, that shape-changing thing again, thought Night. If he keeps that I'm going to get dizzy. What would he ask Matope for? What does Matope have that he would wish for?

"If it were in Matope's power, the only thing I could wish for would be, to be reunited with my Beloved."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:30 pm

Quote:

A purple and pink flowering plant with a sweet nectar pooling inside the large flowers, Ghouls has brought something he finds incredibly useful got himself, a moth-attracting flower! It is easily the size of a fully-grown buck's hoof, though some blooms are larger, almost the size of one's head. The foliage is dark green and seems to be a favorite food of moth larvae, and it is a tall plant with a thick stem. "It's the most wonderful plant ever to be found in Matope!"

Quote:

"This comes from an open part of the swamp, where moths gather late at night! It was truly a beautiful sight to behold, and far beyond my usual wanderings. I was led by my faithful friend, Bone Kisser... After I saw him drink for hours upon the plant, I knew I must have one for myself," Ghouls said. "It grew like cattails, tall and in packs together, so it did not mind this one being taken."

Quote:

"It was no difficult task for me because I have friends," Ghouls began, as always kind to his familiars. "As I mentioned, I was led by my friend to where the moths had gathered to feast upon the most succulent nectar the flowers had to offer. After Bone Kisser finished his drink, I sought to dig the plant up and have one for myself, to feed my friends without traveling so far from my usual haunts. With the help of all my moth friends, I carried it back to my home, and then to this festival to share."

Quote:

"A kin? Well... I don't know much about kin, really... Maybe the plant would be a Kimeti, one like me who loves the Giant moths and wishes to see them prosper too." He was thoughtful a moment, and then smiled sure his answer was good. "A lovely pink kimeti, that sounds right."

(At this point Ghouls lost, but I will say he continued on.)

Quote:

Ghouls was a bit humiliated, why ask a question if you did not mean it? However, Never Idle had another question for him, though his shape was now a mongoose, instead of a magnificent stag...
"Something you could wear on your back," he blurted out, unthinking. After all, that was wear his lovely moths loved to sit as he worked. "Well, the flower is rather large, and might drip a bit... you're better off placing it on a flatter surface than your head. Also, moths could rest much easier on your back and not obstruct your view." Ghouls wasn't too sure about this one, he knew not much of accessories and adornments aside from what he used as offerings for the dead, really. He hoped if he was chosen, Never Idle would know what to do.

Quote:

"I might think to give it to my faithful friends... but they seem to know about it's existence already. Perhaps instead I would give it to some lonely doe, or a kin who has suffered loss, so that they too, may find a friend." Ghouls seemed a bit uncomfortable with this question, as he was unsure. He did not spend much time with other kin lately. "It is a lovely flower, I think does would find it pleasant, and others who enjoy the company of Moths would like it too."

Quote:

"I think my flower is something that is not just good for kin, but good for the moths too. Moths are, after all, where lost souls like to hide in, and I believe they must be treated well. " He glanced at the large purple flower, inhaling the sweet scent. "It is good for all the swamp, I think. It would make a good offering."

Quote:

"Well... they do not deserve to lose for any reason I can think of. They all seem like very nice plants..." He paused, closing his eyes and just thinking of the flutter of moth wings. "I suppose they must lose because you do not have time to make all of these plants into adornments?"

Quote:

At long last, a question that spoke to Ghouls' heart! He was all about offerings and such things. He took a moment to think about what he would want from this flower. "I would ask for Matope to help me learn how to better myself, and use my instincts to guide and respect the lost souls of the swamp. That is my ultimate goal in life, and I would want the Motherfather's support in this."

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

SerinaNight

Feline Rogue

11,325 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:20 pm
User Image

((While I did roll in the dice game, and got knocked out in the fourth/third round, I didn't have a kin picked out for prompting. This was thought up after the game, due to this.))

Quote:

Quote:

Shadowed Moon sets down a red-and-white rose. It seems to still have it's roots, and thus is able to sit on the clump of dirt still stuck to the end of the light green stem. The petals are a pure, snow white on the outside and a brilliant yet deep, soft looking red on the inside. Because the rose is still in it's early bloom, the petals curl outward, causing the red to peek up from the top of the white.

Quote:

Shadowed Moon shifts the rose slightly, pulling the memory back to the forefront of his mind. "I found it growing on a grassy hill." He begins, remembering the strange sight. "It was still dark, and the moon was high in the sky. I noticed it because the white almost seemed to glow in the little light there was. The hill itself was almost completely surrounded by marsh, with only a few trees scattered some distance away." The buck pauses, thinking for a moment before adding something else. "It was odd, because other then grass, this was all that grew on the hill."

Quote:

The buck coughs awkwardly, after a short pause. Shadowed Moon's story wasn't that great. "It started as a simple walk, I often have trouble sleeping if I cannot find a moonlit hill." He explains before beginning the story. "I had been following an interesting track of footprints when I almost stumbled into the muck. Upon looking up, I noticed the hill, and the rose. Because of the fact it was surrounded by marsh, I had to wade into the water to retrieve it. If it hadn't been so lovely I might have turned back, but the marsh only went up to my flank, and I was able to reach the hill and uproot the plant." Pausing again, he continues. "I felt it would be a waste to kill it, so I pulled it up roots and all so it would keep it's bloom." Since Shadowed Moon had only answered one part of the question, he adds the rest of the story. "I carried it here with help from Sunlit Rock's turtle and my caiman. She wasn't happy about it, but Moon Phase kept wanting to swim, and Amber is much more amiable to such things."

Quote:

Shadowed Moon looks at the legendary, obviously unsure of how to answer that question. "I know little of kin other then kimeti, as I have not meet many in my travels, so I would not know. Maybe a Zikwa due to it's almost mysterious nature? I guess an Acha might work, since it was so small and elegant..." He pauses, smiling. His face seems to flush lightly, something his pale fur does not hide well. "Though... it reminded me of a doe, a kimeti, I met when I was young. She was very beautiful." Shadowed Moon chuckles. "Our meeting was equally chance, and under very similar circumstances. Almost identical actually. It was quite odd."

Quote:

Unsure of whether the legendary has actually listened to his response, but not necessarily disagreeing, Shadowed Moon simply thought about the next answer and decided to ignore that pointed comment. Arguing with the buck, now mongoose, would get him no where in the long run. He was not sure how well roses dried, and how the colors would react to such a process, but was also aware that it would eventually wilt and disappear until it bloomed again. "If you could keep the colors bright, maybe some kind of pendant or necklace? I think it would be nice to show off. It could rest on the chest or shoulder." He said, glancing at his own shoulder. Pausing again to think, he gave another suggestion. "If not, maybe some kind of head piece, since that is less obvious. You could add other flowers as well, to accent it." The light buck was unsure if his answer was good, as he knew very little of accessories or talismans.

Quote:

"Nightmare-of-Roses." Shadowed Moon answers quickly, matter-of-factly. No thought involved. It was obviously really, all things considered. "The doe I mentioned before, the one it reminded me of." He adds quickly, as he realizes his previous answer might not be clear. "It reminds me of her, and I would want to share that with her. Besides, it would look lovely with her others," he pauses, "and her. Of course."

Quote:

"The feeling, I guess." The light buck says, after much thought. "I felt something when I found this, it was more then just some pretty thing. I brought up memories and... much more." Shadowed Moon fades off, seemingly lost in thought.

Quote:

"What, lose? Why is this about them losing?" Shadowed moon says, having been shaken from his thoughts. He pauses, realizing he just snapped at legendary. He breaths out slowly and sighs, calming himself down. He should answer this with as much seriousness as everything else, even the stupid kin question. "Because they are just here to win, to have fun. I picked this flower for more then just winning. I didn't actually know about this contest until later, and by chance." The buck pauses. "I don't mean to say I'm better, or have the will of the swamp on my side, but-" He sighs, exasperated. "I'm having trouble explaining. It's just meant to be I guess. Me being here. Winning." Shadowed Moon pauses. "Or losing, you know, if that happens. Whatever you decide."

Quote:

The buck gives the mongoose an almost annoyed look. He's answering these questions as seriously as he can, and he keeps getting put down for it. Sighing, he waits for the next question as the legendary eases back into his kimeti form. He pauses, listening. An offering for the swamp! Considering it already belonged to the swamp in the first place, he's not sure what the swamp would give him in return, but... he sighs again. Shadowed Moon has never been very good with this kind of thing. Thinking of what he would ask for with this flower, he begins to speak. "Something for my loved ones." He says. "I would with them... happiness? Joy? I am not sure the swamp can provide that, as we make it ourselves. I imagine help could be given, but what is happiness you cannot build?" The buck thinks. "Help them in their time of need, give them the strength to continue when they have lost all hope." Shadowed Moon looks sad for a moment. "When I cannot."

Stepping back, the now somber buck simply watches the legendary. He wonders what will become of his rose, and the wishes that lay with it. For those he loves.

((Here is a link to the rose I used as a reference, if you want to see it: white-and-red rose))

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:45 pm

Quote:

The flower she brought, was the same shade of pink as her, with blue fading into white on the petals. The petals are wide, and clustered together, with a bright yellow center. A mild fragrance can be scented by those really close, and it doesn't linger as she walks around with it. The stem is bright green, showing how well it has been taken care of.

Quote:

Sweet Bite smiled. "I was given a seed, a gift for finding a mate. It was planted along the edge of a stream, with the sunlight shining on it through out the day. I do believe that it is one of the few in the swamp. As much attention was giving to it, along with some help from a friend."

Quote:

"As I stated earlier, it was payment for doing a service for them. Since I planted it near my home, it was easy to take care, even when I went out looking for kin for others. My small foxbun, Warm Heart, then took care of the plant." Her gaze over the others let a small sigh escape. "The journey here was interesting. We wrapped it up in some larger foliage so not to damage the petals or lose the scent."

Quote:

The pink doe gave thought about the plant. "I believe it would be an acha. While delicate looking it is quite tough and beautiful to look at. It dances to the music of the wind, even when it has felt still for me."

Quote:

She was unimpressed with his dismissal of the last question. Something said that it was because all of them were correct and he wanted to toy with them longer. Sweet Bite couldn't help but smile at Never Idle's mongoose form. She looks over at her flower again, thinking of what it would be nice or interesting as. "An accessory to have near the ear or the center part to a necklace for one to smell the fragrance."

Quote:

"I would give it to a stranger. Especially one looking for or having found recent romance." Giggling a little, "This plant seems to help..ummm. Well, how should I put this. Stimulate adults. I have yet to see if it does the same to kin, but the animals around my den seem a bit more,...Active shall we say."

Quote:

"I don't think I deserve to win. In all honesty, I brought it here to see the effects it had on kin." She shifted, a bit uncomfortable with the gaze of so many now on her that so many of the others were gone. "I guess that sets me apart from everyone here, I think."

Quote:

Oh, he had to go and ask that way. Glancing at the others, "Well, because they answered so similar. Most expect to win and are sore about it if they do lose." She tried to be humble about it, but it sounded like nonsense in her ears.

Quote:

There was really only one thing she wanted. A life mate, one to continue her life with, but could she really say that? They were so free giving that she could be criticized for wanting something so different. "I know what I would truly be happy with, but this offering would not be for it. I would ask with this offering, to bring more love to others."

SilverShieldwolf

Alien Shapeshifter

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:58 pm

Never Idle

Waltz stared down hard at the plant that lay at his hooves; it was simple, plain even, but winning wasn't the objective on the mind of the twilight-colored buck. The flowers that he had carried, his entire reason for being here at this meeting of flowers instead of home with her was for approval. Maybe, if the great stag could see beyond the multitude of the tiny blue flowers that stared back at him with their yellow eyes he knew so well. As he waits, he chooses a stalk ending with a gentle bunch in the shape of a heart. His own aches as he waits, counting each of the five petals on each of the little flowers.

Forget-me-nots, a flower from his childhood. They were small, something you barely would notice in the surrounding flora. They were not flashy, or overly beautiful. But if one were to walk through a patch of the tiny flat flowers with leaves that tickled like the ears of mice, their teensy blossoms and fresh little seeds would carry with you. You may not notice them with out looking, but they are always there.

"I am the same," The buck whispered softly.

Never Idle

The sunset-eyed buck raised his head at the stag's inquiry; Shining brightly with the longing and worry of thoughts placed elsewhere as well as a bit of surprise for not being sent on his way. When his turn arises, the patient buck parts his lips and his story unfolds.

"A flower that one could easily find anywhere, from the mountains to the desert and everywhere between. These, however, are from a patch I gathered from that resides in the plains from which I grew in. They were growing in the shadow of a tree that holds a very special memory..."

"My heart belongs to a lady from the swamp, a moore-runner, yet a plainskin, like myself. Although she will not yet have me, she welcomes me into her shadow and, from there, I do my best to make her happy. We've lived like this for several years now, to the point where I have played father to many of her clutches and I see her children as my own. It is a pleasant, happy existence for us, but yet... I would like more, if she will have me."

He was certain now that he was rambling, but he could not leave out a single detail. Too much time with the Desert children and their story-telling ways, perhaps.

"But, yes, the memory from which these flowers grow involves my Lady Summer and myself on an outing, one of our first together. The sun was setting, rippling in the grass one last time before finding its way to its bed in the ocean. It was then, as my lady gazed at her first ever sunset from the home she had never seen, that flowers just like these danced on the breeze and fell lightly upon her pelt. I plucked a bunching of the gentle flowers that lay at our hooves and placed it in her mane. And I spoke to her my promise, that no matter if she loved me as a mate or as a friend, I would always be there for her."

The buck raised his head, blushing deeply, and stared at the stag. His story had taken the longest, he was sure, and it still was not finished, but the blessed one still stood before him, waiting.

"I have been visiting that spot quite often as of recent. A great change has shaken our relationship and I have had much to ponder about. My heart beats so loudly when I am by her that I must throw myself back into a home I no longer want to think clearly. But I have made up my mind of what to do and what I want and it was on that decision that I gathered these flowers and brought them here. Not to win some silly contest, but to gain the approval of a Blessed One, for they are one of the things I will offer to my beloved, who is blessed like yourself."

Never Idle

The buck never dropped his gaze from Never Idle's, for doing so, he believed, would ruin any chance he had at getting his blessing. Lady Summer was the sun in his sky, the moon on his water, and the light that guided his very life. Only the best would do, especially with what this gift would mean.

"I inspected every bundle, looking for the flowers with the brightest of blue to match her coat and the yellow to sun that is her eyes. I plucked them with care, for they carry on wind and animal by slightest touch. Achingly slow, I returned to my new home and hence came here, seeking the approval I came for."

Never Idle

The unnecessary question angered the patient kio, who, for once in his life felt as though the very thing that was keeping him sane whilst he waited for his beloved was running out. His eyes narrowed back, but Waltz swallowed his anger and answered anyway.

"Forget-me-nots are not grounded to a specific home, as the Kimeti are. They are not strong like the mountain-borne, or flashy like the desert-runners. And while they do like the shade and the cool, like the stone-stalkers, I believe them to be like that of the Kiokote. They run with the wind and are free to go where ever they please. They are not picky. They do not judge. They just are."

Never Idle

The anger he felt melted away at this question. Instead, his eyes, burning brightly like the sun that sinks into its ocean bed, shone with all of the love he held for Tastes Like Summer. Despite everything that had been bothering him, every problem they have had, every buck who has stood in his way, he loved her. And that was that.

"If it were possible to string the flowers together, they would be perfect in her mane. They are too delicate for hooves, and her horns are too petite. Perhaps a bustle of sorts, to accent that beautiful new tail of hers? I think something for her mane would suit her best, however."

Never Idle

Still dreaming of the flowers decorating his beloved's mane, the next question awoke him and brought back his impatience. Was the stag not even listening to him?!

"To my dearest, my beloved, my Lady Summer! Have I not been speaking of her, and only her, this entire time?"

Irritated, the buck huffed, almost stepping out at the mongoose when he scampers too close to his special flowers. This wasn't just some game to him, after all.

Never Idle

It took all that he had not to stamp his hoof in response. Instead, he glared hard at the stag, determination glowing from his sunset eyes.

"I am not here to win anything but your approval, O Blessed One."

The buck spoke through clenched teeth, but then, suddenly, he relaxed and his eyes widened. That was all he was there for. Why? Why did it matter? Lady Summer would love it because of him, not because some annoying stag thought so.

Never Idle

"They don't. Allow them to win and lose as you please. It matters not to me."

Dances With Shadows stepped forward, gently lifting his precious flowers. Winning or losing mattered not to him. Nothing mattered more than his beloved, he'd decided, and with a nod to Never Idle, he backed out of the competition. He was almost out of earshot when the last question was offered.

Never Idle

'All I want, all I have ever wanted, is for my lady to make me hers. If the MotherFather would do that for only some silly flowers, then I would have had her moons ago. No, that's not the way the Mother does things. You must work and try hard for the things you want in life. They will not be handed over, not unless you deserve them.'

With that thought in his head, the twilight buck left the flower festival in search of his beloved. What would he do when he found her? What he had been waiting patiently for; to make her his, forever and ever. As it should be.  
Games and Events

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games