Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[PRP] One Day (Dekana'n'Davyne)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ephebe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:07 am
Today was the day she usually did her swimming practice; Davyne had put a great deal of emphasis on practicing regularly and she'd steadily been improving. It was less 'randomly flailing all limbs at once' and more 'actually moving through the water by way of coordinated movement', now.
Which was why she was here, at the lake, with a baby runic vaisel curled up on her stomach.

The vaisel was a little too young to be left alone in her dorm for a great amount of time while she was out and about, and she'd already had classes today - leaving it alone for much longer probably wasn't a good idea. So she'd made a make-shift leash of rope and taken it along with her on her trip to the lake.

Maybe it could even learn to swim with her? That might be fu-- practical. Then she wouldn't need to worry about leaving it alone while she went swimming. Cocking her head slightly to the side, she looked consideringly at the small minipet; it was very young still, and perhaps throwing it right into learning how to swim might be a bit much for its age. It might be a better idea to work at getting it used to water, first.

Lips quirking upwards in what could almost be called a smile, Davyne mentally patted herself on the back for her logical thinking. She might be a natural at this keeping pets thing, after all! Scooping the little minipet into her arms, she absently stroked a finger over its tiny head as it gave a few mewls of protest at suddenly being picked up from its warm, cozy spot on her stomach.

It was time for the vaisel to dip its feet!

SkieBorne
emotion_bigheart OvO/

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:42 pm
Dekana had finished his classes for the day as well - the first in some time, he'd been absent for an extended period - and was meandering back to his lakeside haunt when he caught sight of a young female trying to drown a baby something.

He shook his head as he came up behind her, tail swinging around to brace the babe, his scales flashing lavender and blue in the evening light as he spoke a tad sharply, "Now, I believe that getting your feet wet early is a good idea but drowning a baby animal? You're harsh." One hand was resting on his cocked hip, while the other grasped his corset leaving him bare chested. Pawed feet dug into the soil and copped antlers glinted as he regarded her evenly.

"Or, if you're fishing, I'd throw it in further where the fish'll bite." He grinned.

Ephebe

SkieBorne

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150

Ephebe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:06 pm
The boil had definitely startled her, but Davyne attempted to hide her reflexive twitch at his sudden appearance. For a moment she was uncomprehending, trying to link his words with what she'd been doing; what'd he mean dro-- oh! "I'm not drowning anything," a small frown touched her face, "the water didn't even reach its belly." Okay, so maybe it'd slightly reached the vaisel's belly, but nothing more than that. "I was being careful." Her voice was slightly defensive, hands still around the minipet that was now cheerfully examining the tail bracing it.

"And it's far too expensive to use as bait, anyway." Humour wasn't her strong point and the defensiveness hadn't quite left - her body was tensed, ready to move if need be, but her frown smoothed out, face returning to its normal look of disinterest.

SkieBorne

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:19 pm
"Sure." Dekana shrugged, flicking his tail to keep the vaisel from tearing the membranes with its curious exploration. He was rather glad to have caught her off guard, it always amused him deeply and the self-satisfied smirk upon his lips spoke as much.

"Why are you here if not to fish? I haven't seen you around before." He stepped passed her, tail looping around gracefully as he dropped his corset on the beach and waded in to his knees and rolled his shoulders, spines shifting with the motion as Dekana turned around. "Be careful of the waters, they'll bite the unwary." The grin was back.

Ephebe

SkieBorne

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150

Ephebe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:13 pm
The little vaisel gave an indignant squeak as the object it'd been examining was suddenly out of reach, and Davyne automatically gathered it to her chest lest it'd foolishly decide to follow the strange boil and his tail into the water. "I am currently in the process of learning how to swim." Her hand twitched, "or I was, before coming into possession of this minipet. I did not think it prudent to leave it alone for too long in the dorm at this age, and so was forced to bring it along."

An objective part of her mind noted how gracefully the boil moved, and wondered at this. A dancer? Fighter? Or simply a natural? The internal query distracted her for a moment until his words registered, "Bite?" There was a bit of startled alarm in her voice, and quite reflexively she scrambled away from the shallow edge of the waters she'd been sitting in. The vaisel loudly protested the quick movement, but it was only as she looked up at the boil and noticed his grin that she stopped. His grin. Grinning. He was grinning. That meant... "You jest." Her voice was flat, but there was the slightest hint of a question to her words. Surely Amityville would not endanger their students by having volatile creatures in their lak-- actually, they probably would.

SkieBorne

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:27 pm
"You don't know how to swim?" There was a decidedly pitying tone to Dekana's question as he crossed his arms. It was ridiculous - swimming was second nature. The only one he could even begin to forgive the sin of not knowing how to swim were those of a fiery nature and even then... He shook his head, "Can't you tie it up somewhere outside and call it done?" He gestured at the various trees and bushes around the lake.

He burst out laughing at her reaction and shook his head, "You are surrounded by the people and creatures that bring Fear to humanity and you expect the lake to be exempt from that?" Dekana chuckled and rolled his shoulders, "You willing to find out?"

Backing up, he gestured for her to follow him and flicked water at her as if to goad the girl into it. A moment later he'd sunk down so only the top of his head and his eyes were visible at the water's surface, the light making them almost glow with mischief and amusement.

Ephebe

SkieBorne

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150

Ephebe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:06 pm
"I am sure there are plenty of creeple who don't know how to swim and have no trouble with their lack." There was that defensiveness again. Exhaling slowly, Davyne attempted to center herself - he didn't even seem to mean anything by his comment, and yet she was being irrationally emotional about it. So. Calm. Moonlight on a still lake, a quiet forest glade, et cetera, et cetera. "Nevertheless, I am attempting to remedy my deficiency."

Oh. She blinked rapidly, digesting his words. Why in the name of Jack Skellington had she not thought of that herself? "That... is a mighty fine idea, actually." A quick look around and she spotted a small bush nearby that seemed the perfect place; quickly testing the strength of its small branches, she nodded in approval. This would likely do, as long as the knot holding the make-shift leash together kept strong. And the spot was nicely in sight of the lake, as well - she'd be able to easily keep an eye on the minipet while in the water. Tying the vaisel's leash to the bush was quick work, and the little thing merely glanced at her, seemed to mentally shrug to itself and then curled up to sleep. Good, if it was sleeping there'd likely be less hassle.

"Ah, but there is a distinct difference between bringing fear to humanity and attacking Amityville students on campus. Or so one should hope, at least." A moment of thought and she deemed that his laughter wasn't meant to be mocking her. Probably.

Still, she couldn't help but rise to the goading. "Very well, then." It was good that she'd come dressed for swimming then, even though she'd brought the vaisel - although there'd been a fair few odd looks as she walked from the Reaper dorms to the lake in only a gold bikini. But Davyne had always been of the opinion that it was best to be prepared; which was rather the reason she'd set her sights on learning to swim, as well.

She was much less graceful in the water than the he was, but there was a certain kind of surety to her awkward movements that had not been there before she got her lesson from Marzena. Still, she made sure to keep her head above-water at all times - no sinking down like he'd done. She was not yet that confident in her abilities. "So." She eyed the boil, noting the mischievious look in his eyes, "this far, no bites."

SkieBorne

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:16 pm
She seemed particularly easy to fluster or set on the defensive and Dekana was amused by it. He let out a long suffering sigh as she went over to do the obvious - was it really that difficult? He lhuckled, the bubbles of it frothing the water before him a bit.

He shrugged, "Depends on who you ask, I think. Can't effectively instill fear if you don't know the feel of it." Watching her wade it, he idly back kicked out into the deep water, the light glinting off his tail just below the surface, like a shadow half there, half ethereal.

Dayvne's confidence was, for the moment, admiral and he gave a nod followed by another smirk as he concentrated on the fish in the shallows and murmured 'nibble' in command. A few of the larger ones stopped what they were doing to n** at the girl's toes, the sensation gentle and tickling for the time being. "You sure about that?"

"Also, that's not swimming, that's standing in water... this isn't a bath." He shifted forward and grabbed her hand with confidence, tugging her out into the deeper water, the fish trailing after her. "On your back." The command was firm but quiet.

Ephebe

SkieBorne

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150

Ephebe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:18 pm
He had another good point on the 'instilling fear'-front. Davyne gave a thoughtful nod and a hum, agreeing with him without getting too much into the fine print.

She'd been contemplating following him out into the deeper water and distracted by her own thoughts she'd missed his whisper of command; and so, when the first nibble came, her sudden, rapid movements of surprise made quite a bit of a splash. What in the name of Jack was--? She righted herself in the water, shaking the water out of her eyes. Her careful attempts to keep her head above the water had failed in her shock. "Wha-- what was that?!" It hadn't hurt, but it had been entirely unexpected. Looking down revealed... fish? Another nipped gently at her big toe, and she couldn't help but give a slight, almost breathless laugh. Fish. Fairly harmless looking ones, at that. "How did you do that?" It had to be him, for the fish had never showed any sort of interest in her during her earlier swims.

"And this is too swimming!" It was! Nevertheless, she let him tug her out into the deeper water, turning her head every so often to watch the fish trailing after them. They were kind of, well... cute. If one subscribed to that sort of thinking. Which she did not. At all.

"I'm sorry, what?" There was a bit of shock in her voice and the quick blinking of her eyes. She really had to stop getting distracted while in his company. He seemed to surprise her every time she did. "What for? Isn't swimming on one's front easier and, not to mention, far safer? Visibility issues and such."

SkieBorne

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:37 pm
"If you are standing, you are not swimming." He replied evenly, with the air of a haughty expert, tail flicking irately like a cat's. Once out in deeper water, he used said tail to sweep her legs out from under her and tried to roll her onto her back. "This is swimming. Your head's above water - I assume you need it, unfortunate thing that you are - and you can see perfectly fine."

He let go, leaving her float on her back, tail drifting just below her in case she started to flail and needed support. "Not so hard." As he spoke, the fish spread out to nibble her all around and he pressed a hand to his face - he'd forgotten about the little buggers already.

Ephebe

SkieBorne

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150

Ephebe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:35 am
Davyne let him manhandle her - it was either that or she was simply too slow in her reaction to stop him from sweeping her legs out from under her. But the first explanation was definitely the preferable one. It was all completely intentional on her part. Right. "Well, one might technically say that this is more in the league of 'floating'. And I am not unfortunate," she turned her head a bit to send him a slight glare. It was more a matter of appearances than any real ire, however. "I am sure there are plenty of objects that can be enchanted to allow me to breathe under water as well as any native creature." For a time, anyway.

But she let go of her slightly confrontational attitude as the serenity of simply floating peacefully in the water started getting to her. "This is quite nice, actually." Davyne wove her hands through the water and felt how her body moved position accordingly, but quickly stopped for fear of scaring the fish away. "How do you do that? With the fish, I mean."

SkieBorne

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff