Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Nchi'mahadhi Lands [IC]
[BORDER] The Language of Music (Rio x Lume x Mawi x Vevilla)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Captain Britain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:22 pm
Yin-Bug
((I'll add in the other names once I see who you are throwing in. 83))

User ImageUser Image

Lume flattened his ears, eyes shifting around nervously. The leotah threw another glare at his mother, trotting out in front of him like a female on a mission, but it went unnoticed. He was used to traveling around to new lands. After all, that's just how their family was. They were nomads, going from place to place like, well, butterflies on the wind. But there was one rule that they generally tried to follow: don't cross over pride borders. Sure, Lume had skirted along the edges of a few, trying to taunt guards or scouts into scuffles or taking a little break for some...fun, but he had never actually crossed over into a pride's territory. It was a safety precaution, pure and simple.
And they were breaking it right now. "Mamacita, please. We just crossed the border. This is dangerous." Lume hissed, claws popping out of their sheaths. He wasn't too worried about himself. The male was well-versed in the ways of combat, and could fight his way out of a situation, or at least defend himself till he found an opening to run. But his mother...she would be in trouble if they got surrounded.

Rio flickered her tail dismissively at her son. "Hush! I heard music coming from this way. I want to be finding out what it is." The leopardess stated resolutely, determined to see where the rhythm was coming from. It wasn't every day that she was able to meet fellow musicians. Her son didn't understand that dancers and singers had a universal bond through music, one that transcended silly things like pride borders and territories. At least, Rio thought so. Therefore, when she had heard a faint beat on the wind, Rio knew she just had to go investigate, and had crossed over the border without so much as a second thought. "Have faith, hijito. We will be fine."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:50 pm
The Captain Britain

User Image User Image
(Mawi on the left and Vevilla on the right)

The Leopardess was indeed hearing music, and much to her luck the music was coming from a extremely friendly pride, one that would never attack a border visiter. And the lions that were creating the music near the borders were probably the friendliest of all. The pair were drumming away at their drums. Vevilla wasn't really the best at drumming however her grandmother, Mawi, had agreed to give her some lessons so that she may brush up on her skills.

The two were having a lesson by the borders of the pride, the weather was so nice and being away from the spot light of the main part of the pride was always nice when it came to practicing. The two were deep into focusing until Mawi began to feel the rhythm of steps from an approaching pair of feet. Her head lifted as she turned, Vevilla too stopped and began to look toward what her Grandmother was looking at. "Hello strangers!" Mawi called out to the pair. She had never seen them before but they seemed attracted to the music.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

The Captain Britain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:19 pm
Yin-Bug

Rio let out a triumphant cry of delight. These lionesses did not seem hostile or dangerous at all! "What did I tell you, Lume? They are friendly." She grinned widely and approached the strangers, her scowling son following behind her. The leopardess cocked her head at the strange contraptions sitting at the strangers' paws. It took her a minute to realize what they were. Rio had only heard of drums in passing. Never had she seen one in real life. "Ai! These are drums, no? What are they made of? Were they making the perfect beat I am hearing? How do they work?" This was so exciting! Rio had always wondered what it would be like, dancing to a drum. Stepping on the beat, having to match up with the rhythm of the drummer, it must take a lot of skill.

Lume exhaled, jaw clenched. His mother was right, they seemed harmless. The male found himself glancing down at one of his front legs. Once he had made the mistake of thinking a lioness was harmless, and it nearly cost him his leg in the process. Normally he wouldn't be so wary, but his mother was with him, and he knew from a lot of experience that pride-goers tended to be more protective than rogues. He would stay on guard, just in case. "Please, excuse my mother. We were just passing by and heard the beats. Didn't mean to intrude." Lume gave the females a charming smile, coming to stand directly next to Rio.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:12 am
The Captain Britain

A huge smile grew on Mawi's face, as she heard the strangers and they appeared to be friendly as well, but the biggest reason she was smiling was because of the female leopard's interest in her drums. It wasn't often that a stranger came wandering to the borders interested in the music that they were playing. When they did though Mawi embraced it and often enjoyed it. Vevilla did as well. The pride was small and not only that but it wasn't often that a strange came through. Normally it was the same conversations the same people. strangers were exciting and often something that was fun to invite into the pride.

Mawi's interests turned to the female right away, her ears were perked and she placed her drum down followed by her rump so she could sit in front of it. "These are drums!" She offered hers out some. "Each member of the pride has one!" She explained before pausing. "Ah, these are all handcrafted, each are made of a gourd and covered in hides of whatever kill we've recently got. Some times different hides make different sounds. Mine is made out of warthog, Vevilla's over there is made out of Zebra." She then smiled and nodded once again. "They're simple to use you see, you lift your paw and tap it in any beat that you want."

Vevilla shared a smile, it was mostly from amusement from her grandmother. She always loved seeing Mawi interact with others, she was always filled with such joy. she paused and looked at the male that was following the female and offered him a small smile. "Don't worry. We are a friendly pride. I know me saying that won't offer much comfort but I hope you trust what I say."[ She smield, she could see the male's discomfort and didn't want to make them uncomfortable.

"How silly of me!" Mawi exclaimed, "We are part of the Nchi'mahadhi pride. My name is Mawi Mai and I am the second in command, and this is my granddaughter Vevilla

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

[IC] Nchi'mahadhi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces