Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] Snakes are Devious (Quinlan x Toshka)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:48 pm
User Image

Glaring down into the hole Toshka wondered just exactly what it might contain and whether or not the reward was worth it to find out. On the one hand, there might have been a tasty hare just begging to be eaten, on the other... a mongoose or something equally as unpleasant to deal with if she didn't get the first strike. Circling the hole thoughtfully with indecision her forked tongue flicked repeatedly, testing the air though not so close that she could get a good sense of what might be lurking in the darkness.

She wasn't really looking to have her head bitten off today. If only she could find a willing stooge to test her theory that the burrow belonged to something easily edible and not particularly threatening. If only..

Cajanic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:05 pm
User Image

Quinlan was feeling pretty good about himself- he had managed to make a few friends recently, helped a lion out, and had worked out a few new tricks. He couldn't believe things had been going so well for him, given how he lived in the rogue lands. Normally, life was difficult and lonely, and most of the animals encountered were not friendly.

He sighed to himself, coming to a stop just short of stepping on a snake roaming around some kind of hole. "Whoops!" He yelped, taking a step back, "sorry, friend! I got lost in thought for a moment there- I almost stepped on you!" He saw the snake was looking down the hole rather intently, leaving him to wonder if he and his paws had been noticed at all.

"Is something bothering you?" He asked lightly, putting aside his want to show off his magic for a more helpful outlook. Make happy, then woo with pretty magic.

That produced the best results.
Neon Fly

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:24 pm
Most animals in the rogue lands weren't friendly! Toshka, despite being a companion to her missing leotah, Hatari, was no exception to this essential rule to remember. With her eyes glued to the hole, the viper didn't notice the lion walking straight towards, she probably wouldn't have until it was too late given the state of her distraction, but luckily he did.

Or maybe not so luckily given who he had stumbled upon. Recoiling with a hiss of warning as much from the sound of another voice as from nearly being stepped on, Toshka proved ever the opportunist. Startled Toshka!

The snake tried to sound more pained than annoyed by his sudden appearance, peering down into the hole again as her mind worked quickly. She needed a reason for him to stick his paw into that hole. A legitimate reason. Something that would tug at his heart strings and leave him feeling obligated to help. Something like.. Lost hatchling in the hole! It no can get out!

Clever girl.

Cajanic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:41 pm
"My apologies Toshka!" Quinlan offered again, since she had confirmed that she had been startled by him. At least, he assumed it was a she, with the tone of her voice. Snakes were funny in that they really had nothing differentiating the genders. Maybe that was something to be envied.

Moving on from that distracting thought, Quinlan focused on the female snake once more. It was not the time to be wandering off into his own little world of strange thoughts and views.

Especially considering her situation!

He frowned, peering into the hole. It seemed illogical that a hatchling could have fallen into the hole without being able to get back out again- he couldn't see signs of any sliding along the dirt, or any traces of another snake trail in the dry dirt around them. But he was trying not to upset animals with his observations, as he so often seemed to, so he said nothing. Maybe there really was a hatchling in there. "I'll see if I can get it out for you, don't worry," he said softly, moving to the hole and sticking his paw inside.
Neon Fly

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:05 pm
Ignoring the apology, in favor of keeping the big predator on task, the dark green viper peered from him to the hole and back again in a way she hoped was expectant and anxious. Just what did a nervous mother look like anyway? She'd never had offspring of her own and wasn't sure that she would have been so concerned for them if she had. Snakes were notoriously self sufficient starting at a young age. She knew this, but thankfully her companion didn't seem quite so aware.

Craning her neck to watch the dark lion peer into the deep burrow, she half expected something to pop out and charge him right in the snout! Whatever had made the dark tunnel it's home, it chose not to attack the way Toshka would have if it were hers. That probably said something about the creature's restraint--or her lack there of.

She nearly writhed with glee when he braved the potential danger and stuck his paw into the hole, her breath baited and waiting to see just what his intrusion might stir up. Toshka was certainly hoping it was a meal. Whatever she was thinking, she tried to remember her role and keep her expression dutiful and concerned. Adding a new layer of realism to her fabricated scenario. Don't hurt it!

Cajanic
..and I suddenly feel really bad about inflicting Toshka on poor, sweet Quinlan.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:33 am
Quinlan was sure he could have found out a better way to resolve the problem. Something that didn't involve digging around in a hole with a paw he needed to keep safe for his magic tricks. "I'm not feeling anything," he commented, though it seemed a bit too early. No sooner had he said it did he feel something pushing against his paw, nipping at his paw. It didn't hurt, really, but he decided it best to pull his paw back out anyway. Doing so revealed a very angry-looking hare, glaring up at him like he had just stepped on his tail.

"ah, sorry," he offered lowly, shifting his eyes from the rabbit to the snake beside him. There didn't seem to be a hatchling in there, but he imagined it was because there had never been one in existence in the first place. Whatever the snake had been looking for, it wasn't a baby.

So then, why did she want him to stick his paw in there? And what was she going to do now that she knew who really owned the place?

Neon Fly
It's probably good for him to get tricked once in a while. xD

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:41 am
Huffing an annoyed breath at the lion when he claimed not to feel anything in the hole, Toshka had been prepared to demand he reach deeper and feel around for a bit longer when the owner of the burrow finally revealed itself. Those long ears were all the indication she needed to feel a surge of excitement flood through her body, pumping her venom sacks full of poison as she lurched down towards the hole at the victim peeking it's face up, fangs reared and ready to strike. Honestly the thought that the lion might prevent her from capturing her meal never even crossed the viper's mind. She certainly hadn't bothered to guard herself against such a situation.

If he did nothing, like a smart lion, she'd disappear into the rabbit tunnel after her unsuspecting prey--but if he did something, he'd be sure to find himself on the striking end of a very angry snake!

Cajanic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:26 pm
When the snake moved, it was finally clear what she had wanted all along- and it made the lion laugh. He took a step back, letting her go for her prey as she wanted to. “Haha! So that’s what you wanted- you were just checking to see if there was anything delicious in that hole, hm? I suppose I wouldn’t want to risk sticking my head down there to check for myself, either.” He was fairly amused by the whole thing, though he imagined other lions might have been pretty annoyed to find out they had been used.

He was just happy the mystery had been solved.

“Well, Toshka, I hope you tell how you like the meal! Looks like you’re going to be very satisfied for a while.” It was a nice sized hare- maybe she wouldn’t have to trick lions into doing her dirty work for a little while. He chuckled to himself and watched, if only because he had never seen a snake eat before and it intrigued him greatly.

Neon Fly

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:10 pm
The hare struggled with futility, in the close confines it was easy for Toshka to ravel her body around the wriggling beast to subdue it. Her fangs finding purchase in the shoulder where a heavy dose of neurotoxin was injected mercilessly. Hey, that was life and out here, everybody had to eat.

Making sure to keep a tight hold so that the creature didn't escape, run off and die in some unknown location making a waste of all her effort--and that of the lion she'd conned into helping her, it was only once her prey was still that she peeked her head up from the burrow to find the stranger still staring down at her. His amusement at the situation was particularly awkward for her and maybe perhaps because of the laid back way he handled being a tool for her own gain was the reason for her gratitude. It wasn't as if she was going soft or anything! Yes.... satisfied. And then a begrudging, half mumbled. Thanks Lion...

Cajanic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:47 pm
Quinlan was delighted to hear a thank you from the snake, and he had also gotten to see her fight her prey, which had been very interesting for him. Maybe he could make some kind of a magic trick out of what he had seen. Escaping from vines or something... he wondered if he could create an illusion like that. It would certainly be a show-stopper! There weren't a great many snakes big enough to help him, so he would have to work with what he could. Probably for the best- it didn't seem like he would fair any better than the rabbit had in that kind of situation.

They knew what they were doing.

"I'll leave you to it, my dead," he chuckled lightly, "if you ever need a big dumb lion to stick his paw in a hole, just look for Quinlan. I'd be happy to help you out again." He smiled and turned from her, deciding it would be a bit rude to continue watching her work. He'd seen more than enough to influence his magic, prompting wild ideas of a large-scale trick unlike anything he had attempted before. For him, the day had not been a total loss.

So he walked away with a smile on his face.
Neon Fly

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out