Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Meeting Expectations [Evan/Peyton]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:34 am
Peyton needed a shower.

She'd been out on the training field most of the morning destroying dummies, but eventually going up against things that didn't fight back got boring. So she'd return to the dorm, intending to head straight for the showers after picking up a change of cloths. Covered head to toe in sweat and dirt.

It was bad enough she'd actually sacrificed her scarf, having used it to wipe her face clean. It only half worked, because now she had dirty smears on her cheeks.

Really, the last thing she wanted was to run into anyone. Priority number one was to get clean!

inle-roo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:57 am
Laundry was an unfortunate necessity. Evan had been hoping to put it off for as long as possible, thinking that maybe his pie-covered sheets and clothes would somehow be okay just wadded up in a corner to be dealt with whenever he felt up to dealing with it. It had been a good plan for a couple of days, but then they just started to smell like sour fruit. It was with great reluctance that he stuffed the sticky ball of fabric into a basket and headed out to complete what would most likely be an impossible task.

As he rounded the corner from the dorms to the halls that led to other places within the facility, he cursed as something suddenly bounced off of him, causing him to nearly drop the laundry basket he held under one arm. He glared down at the offender, thinking it was just some junk someone had left lying in the most inconvenient place imaginable, but softened as he realized it was only a very small person.

"Sorry," he said, grinning sheepishly. "Didn't mean to run you over. You okay?"  

Inle-roo

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:00 pm
One moment digging her dorm key out of her pocket, the next she was bouncing off the wall as someone collided with her. Her immediate response was to swear, loudly, glaring up at the careless individual who'd walked right into her. Then she noticed who it was, and her icy stare melted just a little. She recognized him, he was at the Sun meeting, and the last she'd seen of him, Gnat had been licking pie off his face.

She could see why, he was tall, cut, handsome. Just because Peyton wasn't particularly good around boys, that didn't mean she didn't appreciate them. Evan was worth appreciating, but he'd also left with Gnat. That was paramount to a metaphorical neutering as far as the runt was concerned.

At least there was one guy on the island now that wouldn't make her blush and fluster over a compliment.

Pushing against the wall she got herself back to her feet, then crossed her arms over her chest as she stared up at him. "I'm fine. And because she was a sassy little s**t she couldn't leave it at that. "Next time you might wanna look where you're going though."

Inle-Roo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:04 pm
Oh, a feisty one; the little ones always seemed to be, in direct proportion to their height. Evan would fear for his kneecaps if he wasn't relatively certain he could outrun her. He was familiar with the type, though, and they weren't worth the trouble that came with arguing with them; it would be so much easier for him in the long run to just give her what she wanted. Besides, he had kind of knocked her down.

"You are absolutely right," he agreed with a nod, trying to sound as sincere as possible. "From now on I'll be sure to check and see if anyone's just standing where people might trip over them."  

Inle-roo

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:34 am
Lavender eyes squinted up at the other Sun hunter as he apologized, not entirely sure she believed his sincere tone, but she would have accepted it, had he not felt the need to add that last bit.

It left pink lips pressed into a tight line, jaw set. "That's good," she answered, a little strained. "You do that, and I'll be sure I don't linger at my door too long next time." Her eyes rolled, and she went back to digging in her pocket for her keys. When she extracted them she crammed the key into the lock, turned it, then paused with the door open a crack.

He had apologized, and he was in her division. Not to mention, he was... doing something with her friend. She could at east try not to alienate everyone around her. Allies were important, friends even more so.

So, sighing, she turned back to him, eyed his basket, then looked back up to meet his eye. "You're heading down to do some laundry, right? Gimme a couple minutes to grab some stuff that needs washing? I haven't payed the washing machines a visit yet, you could show me where they are."

inle-roo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:41 pm
Evan threw in a sweet, butter-wouldn't-melt kind of a smile with his apology as the girl squinted up at him. "Sounds like a good plan," he replied seriously, fighting the urge to chuckle at her sass. She was kind of funny in an angry puppy sort of way, but laughing at her probably wouldn't get him a favorable reaction and he wasn't out to deliberately antagonize anyone.

He had been all set to go on his merry way when she suggested tagging along. Evan only hesitated for a second; he didn't want to have to answer any questions that might come up as to the state of his sheets, but laundry was boring to do alone. "Yeah, sure, why not."  

Inle-roo

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:27 am
Pey didn't care why your sheets were covered in pie filling, Evan. Though she could probably put two and two together. She'd seen you leaving with Gnat.

It wasn't any of her business though.

Cracking a quick smile, Peyton slipped back into her room and proceeded to stuff all the dirty clothing from her hamper into one pillow case, and all her sheets and blankets into another. Tucking one under each arm she slipped back into the hall and used the toe of her boot to tug it closed behind her. "Alright, lead on." She smirked up at him. "Just try not to run me over again, deal?"

She was still quite in need of a shower, but she could wash her face and tidy up in a bathroom after her laundry was in the wash. Surely there would be one at or near where they kept the washers and dryers.

inle-roo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:33 pm
"I try not to make promises I might not be able to keep," Evan replied as the huntress emerged with two armfuls of laundry, only mostly jokingly. This girl was awfully short, after all. He probably wasn't the first person to trip over her, and he almost certainly wouldn't be the last.

Evan lead the way to the laundry room, deliberately slowing his pace a little out of consideration for her significantly shorter legs. As they walked, he snuck glances down at the girl. She looked vaguely familiar, but he couldn't recall any recent run-ins he might have had with sassy midgets lately. "I don't know if we've met," Evan finally admitted after a moment of silence. "I'm Evan. Sun division."

Beejoux

Inle-roo

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:34 am
"I get your tall and all, but come on, it's not like I'm a pet or something that's continually underfoot." She snorted, staring sidelong up at the other Sun. She figured it was probably a joke, but it was hard to be sure.

At least he was considerate enough to slow his pace. Granted, given Peyton's level of sass and attitude it wasn't always a good thing catering to her height. Occasionally she took offence. Now wasn't those times, she was actually grateful the fact she wasn't having to nearly jog to keep up. Her arms were full, her body was tired and achy, she'd already finished her work out for the day.

At his introduction she smiled up at him. "Not officially no, though I did see you at the Sun meeting. I'm Peyton." Her hands were full, or she would have offered one up to him. "You're friends with the Ross twins."

inle-roo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:30 pm
Evan practically had to lean over to look down at the top of Peyton's head. "Guess not," he allowed. To be fair, this was only the first time she had gotten under his feet; only time would tell if this would be a continual problem or just a one-off.

He was hoping for the latter. Mostly for his own sake.

Evan had to clear his throat to fight back the grin as the smaller Sun mentioned the pie party. It broke free anyway was she noted his affiliation with Tuck and Gnat. "You could say that," he replied. Peyton's name sounded familiar, but he couldn't recall how or why. It took him a minute to figure out where he had heard her name before, and he huffed a laugh once he remembered. "You're that kid that broke her hand on Tuck's face, aren't you?"

Beejoux

Inle-roo

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:40 pm
Considering Peyton didn't make a habit of being underfoot, it was likely their little trip up was a one time deal. Hopefully.

A pale brow shot up at his response to her question, then she grinned a second second later. She probably would have made some mention of the pie on his sheets, the fact he'd left with Gnat, but any jokes on the subject were put on hold when he asked about the incident with Tuck upon their first meeting.

"Um, yeah." Her head dipped down, gaze dropping briefly before flicking back up to him. "I already got an earful from Gnat about it," she added hastily. "And it wasn't just my fault." Defensive much? "He didn't say his shield was low."

It probably didn't help that her introduction to sparing had come from Rep. The rules were different with him then with everyone else..

inle-roo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:56 pm
Evan chuckled at the smaller Sun's protests. "Nah, it was his fault, too," he agreed. "He said as much. Didn't stop him from bitching about it, though. For hours." He rolled his eyes and shook his head as though getting hit in the face with brass knuckles was something that should just be shaken off. "He made me make him Jello and everything."

For all that he had seen the rather impressive bruise in all of its livid, colorful glory, it seemed improbable that so tiny a thing had caused it. "Look, don't take this the wrong way, it was a great shot, and I'm sure you get this a lot, but...how did you even reach that high? Tuck's got to be, what, a foot and a half taller than you? Are you some kind of tiny ninja, or something?"

Beejoux

Inle-roo

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:38 am
The smaller Sun had been braced for another earful, but when none came she relaxed visibly, then smiled at the idea o Tuck bitching on and on for hours over her hit. "Jello, huh?" It made her wonder just how bad he'd been hurt. Abstractly she knew. Stitches, bruises, but it was hard to imagine what his injury might have felt like. Granted, her busted hand hadn't been a walk in the park either.

Pale eyes narrowed automatically when the next words were hey, don't take this the wrong way, automatically assuming she wasn't going to like what followed it. No one ever said that unless they were pretty much certain you were going to do just the opposite. Of course he did help his cause by complimenting her hit. She liked ego stroking just as much as the next guy. His actual question made her snort, and automatically the teen puffed up a bit, straightening out to her full and unimpressive height.

"Hey, I don't have t-rex arms or anything." She folded her arms, trying to scowl but failing. The ninja comment threatened to ruin her moody look. She was pretty agile, and being small certainly had it's advantages at times.

inle-roo

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff