Welcome to Gaia! ::

River of Polls : A GUILD OF RANDOMNESS AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Back to Guilds

A random-based guild in which you may literally spam, chat, and do whatever you want. (Just follow the TOS and have fun!!!) 

Tags: Spam, Polls, Chat, Everything, Hangout, Role-playing, Role, Play, Word, Games, Quizzes, Discussion, Friends, Roleplay 

Reply River of Polls
Knew this was gonna happen.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The sad part is, the only reason people define me as "different" here is because I wear black.
  Why is that seen as bein' so frickin' weird?!
View Results

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:09 am
Ok, so I've already complained on numerous occasions about the community I live in and how everyone hates me because I act differently.

So to try to improve my image, I volunteered to write up some articles about various individuals in the community for the community's newsletter. This was gonna be an article roughly every month or so.

So the day after I agree to do it, I get an email askin' me if I can have the article ready by the beginnin' of next week, meanin' Monday. This email was sent on a Sunday...

Nonetheless, I scurried around and got it done, and everyone loved it. I even got pulled over in the streets by a retired English teacher to be told how well it was, which was nice.

So now, just about a week later, I get an email...

"Just found that Renee asked you to write up a story about the Memorial day event and that you will be doing the write ups for them
from now on. That would be great."

I was never approached about writin' about that event. I was also never told, nor agreed to, writin' about every single event that's going on in the community over the summer, which is a LOT.

...Renee is the lady who hates me the most, and has made it so I can't hang out with my friends at the community's summer program because I am, accordin' to her, lazy, unhealthy, and an overall bad influence.

After this email, I immediately received another email, from the same person, askin' me when my next article was going to be ready when I interview people, and to have it ready by next week. xp

UGH. I knew this was gonna happen. They only approached me about doin' this job so I could either fail or quit, at which point more rumors would spread and my reputation would fall even lower. I might just be paranoid, but this seems ridiculous.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:18 am
wear all the colors of the rainbow at the same time. They should still judge you.

Sometimes quitting is the right thing.  

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:22 am
cool4
wear all the colors of the rainbow at the same time. They should still judge you.

I am wearin' every colour. That is the definition of black! I reflect NOTHIN' and absorb EVERYTHIN'! xd

It's why I like wearin' black. It's warm. Also, it's easy to match to and slimin'.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:24 am
Semok
cool4

I am wearin' every colour. That is the definition of black! I reflect NOTHIN' and absorb EVERYTHIN'! xd

It's why I like wearin' black. It's warm. Also, it's easy to match to and slimin'.

I find black the hardest to match with itself. It matches well with other things, but I can never get the tone of black right.  

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:27 am
cool4
Semok
cool4

I find black the hardest to match with itself. It matches well with other things, but I can never get the tone of black right.

I've been lucky in findin' black clothes that's roughly the same shade of black. That, and I tend to buy the same thing in multiples.

My fashion consists of two main looks. Fancy and relaxed.

In the fancy version, I wear black dress pants and black button-up shirts, usually with some sort of coat or jacket. Sometimes I wear a black vest as well.

In the relaxed version, I wear black cargo pants and geeky black t-shirts, usually with some sort of coat or jacket.

There's also the very relaxed version, where I wear a long black shirt..and that's it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:34 am
Semok
cool4
Semok
cool4

I've been lucky in findin' black clothes that's roughly the same shade of black. That, and I tend to buy the same thing in multiples.

In the fancy version, I wear black dress pants and black button-up shirts, usually with some sort of coat or jacket. Sometimes I wear a black vest as well.

In the relaxed version, I wear black cargo pants and geeky black t-shirts, usually with some sort of coat or jacket.

There's also the very relaxed version, where I wear a long black shirt..and that's it.

I can't wait until I get my own place, I don't have to worry about putting on clothes to walk outside my bedroom. Or at least looking decent enough that people can have guest over and I won't be exposing too much. Speaking of own places I have apartment viewings soon.  

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:29 am
cool4
Semok
cool4
Semok
cool4

I can't wait until I get my own place, I don't have to worry about putting on clothes to walk outside my bedroom. Or at least looking decent enough that people can have guest over and I won't be exposing too much. Speaking of own places I have apartment viewings soon.

I'm gonna be movin' into an apartment with two of my friends in August. I'm super excited to finally be able to leave my parents' house, but I'm also really nervous because I don't have much money saved up, and if I can't get a job after movin', I'll be in a lot of trouble.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:35 pm
I was living in a 3 bedroom place with two of my friends.
Then I got a boyfriend and could feel all the tension between them all.
It's really hard to decide what the right thing to do is.

Then I moved out from living with them and stopped my coughing fits which were probably a result of pet dander being in all their clothing, getting embedded into the carpet from one of them taking up horse riding.

So finding my own place seems better. I've just been getting frustrated from living with people, so my own space will be good. I'm a little worried because I'm running out of funds to sustain food.  

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

Aoi the Crossdresser

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:42 pm
WAIT, theres different shades of black? eek I thought it was just black and the lighter you go up it turns into a gray or navy blue or something.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:12 pm
Aoi the Crossdresser
WAIT, theres different shades of black? eek I thought it was just black and the lighter you go up it turns into a gray or navy blue or something.

Shades of red, shades, of black. The lighter you go the more grey it gets, but that doesn't mean black is black. There's a spectrum to every color. And people can draw the line of what is black differently. And depending on what colors are used to make black you get different richness in it. Thus difficult to match.  

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

GenevieveGautier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:31 pm
Semok, dear, black is the absence of color. White is all colors combined. eek 255x255x255...255x255x255 = 16.7M colors.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:27 pm
GenevieveGautier
Semok, dear, black is the absence of color. White is all colors combined. eek 255x255x255...255x255x255 = 16.7M colors.
That's what I thought to. White is everything, black is the absence. biggrin  

Aoi the Crossdresser

River of Polls

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces