Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:33 pm
User Image

Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale.

Breathing was beginning to get harder as she kept walking. Even that was starting to get difficult as time went on. How long had she been walking? Hours? Days? Weeks? The journey was hard, but the end result was close, she could feel it. Angara's quest for a place to belong and a place that would appreciate her designs was just behind the next tree or at least she hoped because the makeshift bag around her neck was starting to hurt her back as it rested on it. It was hard to think that all of her belongings fit in that one bag. Well, the gems and precious things in it really didn't count as all of her things, but she didn't have many to begin with so it really didn't matter.

"Maybe I should take a break..." The lioness mumbled to herself, her eyes searching the landscape around her in search of any source of water. Almost too gracefully, her ears fell back. There had been no sign of anyone around, but she was going in the right direction at least. She hoped. Angara sighed, her walking pace came to a halt as she sat down on the ground beneath her, her mind racing as she tried to figure out what to do. Her spirits had started out high but were beginning to plummet with each passing minute and the weight of her bag was growing heavier as well, it seemed.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:01 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ria hummed to herself as she walked towards the small lake and river that flowed through the West's lands. She was thirsty, yes, but it was also a good way to talk to other members of the house that she sometimes didn't see otherwise. Being a Lady-In-Waiting meant spending a lot of time with the Lord, Lady, and their children, and...not much else. Here was where she could easily socialize with those in different ranks and skills, learning what she could about how the house was outside of the upper class.

A sudden sound (that was most likely not so sudden) pulled Ria out from her thoughts. Someone else following the same path as she? As her bright golden eyes glanced through her bangs, she realized that...it was someone walking perpendicular to her, who then suddenly stopped. Ria didn't recognize her, but at this point in her life, that didn't quite surprise her.

"Can...are you ok?" Ria asked, approaching the exhausted lioness with confidence.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:07 pm
While trying to motivate herself to keep going, Angara hadn't even noticed the other lioness approaching until she spoke. Her head jerked up, ears quickly turning forward as she was brought to attention. "Huh, what? Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't see you." She of course was nervous. It had been a while since she had seen anyone around. A kind smile appeared on her mouth as she bowed her head politely to the stranger, just as her mother had taught her to back when she was a child. "I'm alright, thank you for your concern." Of course the politeness was something she was also something she was trying to stop, at least some of the times. She couldn't even recall how many times she had nicely asked a hyena to stop taking her kill. It didn't work.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:21 pm
Nia laughed. "You are too cute. Its alright that you didn't see me, I don't expect everyone to notice me walking by. That's what happens when you live in the shadow of the Lady," she said with a purr. In the end, Nia did not mind at all. She had a good life, and wouldn't trade it for anything else; especially unnecessary attention, like what the Lord and Lady had to deal with. Though Ria was the true lady now, Mio would always be a Lady in the heart of the West.

"My, you look exhausted! Are you sure? Why don't you come with me to the river? I bet you could use a drink, and there isn't anything nearly as good that's close by. It won't hurt to take you from your duties for a moment, I'm certain of that."

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:27 am
Angara nodded slowly. Of course she wouldn't go telling her about her long travel and how her paws ached so bad. Well, at least she hoped she wouldn't though she had this way of just rambling sometimes. Like she was doing in her own thoughts right now. Wait, did she say Lady, duties? That must mean... "Pride!" The lioness blurted out and instantly regretted it as she quickly shrunk back a bit. Oh how her mother would have scolded her just now if she had been there. "I, uh..." Oh come on Angara, think of something! "I don't actually have any duties yet. You see, I'm not actually part of a pride yet."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:43 am
Nia was startled by her outburst, but did not do anything outwards towards the stranger. She seemed...more exhausted than she admitted. Though Nia had never had her own litter of cubs, she had adopted a litter of 6 left within their lands. That lead her to learn the tricks of being a mother, and part of that was reading body language very carefully. Still....

"Oh, my! How did you get so far in here without getting stopped by a guard?" Nia's tail twitched with worry as she glanced around. "Oh, not good. Even if he is retired, the old Lord would not be happy to hear that. Let's just leave that between you and me."

She narrowed in closer to the dark rosy lioness, a concerned look on her face. "Don't worry, you'll be fine. Are you lost?"

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:57 am
"Guard? You're actually the first lion I've seen for a while now. I actually though I was still in the rogue lands to be quite honest." Angara replied simply to her question, her ears turning backwards as her tail slid underneath her. At least this lioness didn't seem mad about her being here, just confused though maybe that was just by her sudden yelling. Maybe she wouldn't get thrown out after all, which of course was her main worry after finding out that this was a pride's territory.

She nodded her head after the second question was asked. "Well, mostly lost. I was trying to find someone or someplace that would appreciate my work." Angara raised her head proudly as she explained with a smile, "I'm a crafter, well, sort of. I'm not very good right now, but I'm learning to get better."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:44 pm
"That's no good," Nia said as she mumbled to herself. She was going to have to talk to someone....At least Ari was sensible, unlike his insane mother. He would know what to do, and not let Zahi freak out.

"Well, don't worry. We..." Oh? "Well, I see that the fates of something must have guided your paws," the teal lioness laughed. "We in the West appreciate creativity, and our house specializes in the arts. You'd fit perfect here, my dear." She offered a nod.

"For now, call me Nia. I'll make sure you're fine here, if you'd like to check it out. Just be respectful to everyone and you'll do just fine." Her ears twitched as she listened to the foliage around them, but it was fairly quiet.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:03 pm
The West? Were there other directions or was the pride called 'the West' and it contained various family houses in it? Those would all be questions for another time but for now Angara just nodded as she tried to understand as much as she could. At least the West, whatever it was, would appreciate her talents which was good. She was tired of walking and she really wanted to get the sack on her shoulder off so she could properly rest.

Respectful? Could she be respectful? You bet your pretty tail she could be! Or at least she could try, and not make her mother's lessons go to waste. "Thank you Nia. My name is Angara and I'd love to see your pride."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:35 pm
"Well, a hearty welcome to you, Angara. I was on my way to get a drink, perhaps you should come with me! Then I can explain to you just where you are, and what you may be getting yourself into if you do decide to stay here." For a moment, Nia thought about the poor girl and how overwhelmed she might get with the ins and outs of Tianxia.

"Its not too terrible, I assure you," she laughed. "You'll fit right in as an artisan, I can assure you of that!"

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas