Welcome to Gaia! ::

River of Polls : A GUILD OF RANDOMNESS AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Back to Guilds

A random-based guild in which you may literally spam, chat, and do whatever you want. (Just follow the TOS and have fun!!!) 

Tags: Spam, Polls, Chat, Everything, Hangout, Role-playing, Role, Play, Word, Games, Quizzes, Discussion, Friends, Roleplay 

Reply River of Polls
So Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sigh
  :(
View Results

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:59 pm
I have to work out my schedule for next year. And I have the problem of making sure I take enough Courses to graduate.

Which include

3 Computer science courses at the 400-level
3 applied ethic electives - any courses I can choose from a list
4 elective courses - these can be anything.
plus a 1 credit course or two .5 credit courses

in sorting out a schedule that fits together, I found that philosophy classes would fit into the timetable quite well, then I realized doing that I would qualify for a minor in philosophy. However My school won't let me double minor. So I have to pick ethics, or philosophy. I'm going to stick with the ethics one.

On top of that the course I really wanted to take is taught by a really awful prof. The course has a grade requirement on a prereq that I don't meet. So I would have to build a case, but the class has the same prof.

Though taking a bunch of philosophy courses seems like it could either go incredibly wrong, or work out in the end. Not sure how I feel about leaving all my 4th year credit to the last semester though.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:38 pm
I was originally gonna minor in Philosophy, but my Philosophy 101 teacher ruined it for me. It was nothin' but essay writin' about how to prove the last person wrong. There were no new ideas. Just shittin' on the last person's work while usin' as many words as possible to do so.  

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Aoi the Crossdresser

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:02 pm
So you have to take 10 classes a semester? WHAT THE HELL? OMFG!!!!!!!!!

The most you can get here is 18 credit hours which is 6 courses unless you fill out or do weird paperwork to allow you to be crazy and take more than that. Cuz most courses here are 3 credits.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:32 pm
Semok
I was originally gonna minor in Philosophy, but my Philosophy 101 teacher ruined it for me. It was nothin' but essay writin' about how to prove the last person wrong. There were no new ideas. Just shittin' on the last person's work while usin' as many words as possible to do so.

I'm doing a minor in ethics cause I didn't want to take philosophy 100. I took philosophy 12 in highschool, which is an overview of western philosophy I don't really feel like doing an overview again.  

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:47 pm
Aoi the Crossdresser

The most you can get here is 18 credit hours which is 6 courses unless you fill out or do weird paperwork to allow you to be crazy and take more than that. Cuz most courses here are 3 credits.

5 classes a semester, 10 classes a year.

We are one of the few schools that registers for the entire year from the beginning. Instead of somewhere in between.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:04 pm
Aoi the Crossdresser

we are only supposed to do 15 units a year. (8 months)

We can take up to 6 classes a semester. (4 months)

our class scale is 1.5 units for a 1 semester class, 3.0 units for a full year or condensed semester class, and then .5 for athletic classes, 2.5 for engineering English cause they can't make it seem like an engineering degree is more the 15 units in first year. There's a few other odd ones kicking around.  

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:36 am
When I was in college I was takin' 25 credits a semester. I got in trouble a few times and had to visit with my dean because I was also workin' too many hours at my three jobs, so I guess they were worried that my grades were gonna slip or somethin'. xd It's obnoxious that you have to get permission to take more classes. That sort of thing should be encouraged.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:46 am
Semok
When I was in college I was takin' 25 credits a semester. I got in trouble a few times and had to visit with my dean because I was also workin' too many hours at my three jobs, so I guess they were worried that my grades were gonna slip or somethin'. xd It's obnoxious that you have to get permission to take more classes. That sort of thing should be encouraged.

Our programs are set up so you have to take 5 a semester to graduate in 4 years. The advising people think taking 5 is too many courses. Then you get judged whenever you talk to them cause you're taking 5 classes.

Then you take an engineering class, where they have supplemental exam level grades.

Criteria for a supplemental exam is taking 5 classes a semester. So the entire system needs to be redone, or people need to stop being wimps about school being hard.  

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:51 am
cool4
Semok

Our programs are set up so you have to take 5 a semester to graduate in 4 years. The advising people think taking 5 is too many courses. Then you get judged whenever you talk to them cause you're taking 5 classes.

Then you take an engineering class, where they have supplemental exam level grades.

Criteria for a supplemental exam is taking 5 classes a semester. So the entire system needs to be redone, or people need to stop being wimps about school being hard.

Exactly. I think the reason why the college system is so messed up is because they want you to take longer to graduate so they make more money.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:57 am
Semok
cool4
Semok

Exactly. I think the reason why the college system is so messed up is because they want you to take longer to graduate so they make more money.

if they let people graduate sooner they can bring in more first years, whom they can rip off pretty easily. Though it could be related to the population getting older, need the older folk to stay in university longer. We just need another baby boom, then university will pick up the pace again.  

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:11 am
cool4
Semok
cool4
Semok

if they let people graduate sooner they can bring in more first years, whom they can rip off pretty easily. Though it could be related to the population getting older, need the older folk to stay in university longer. We just need another baby boom, then university will pick up the pace again.

Frickin' baby boomers. xp  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:12 am
Semok
cool4
Semok
cool4
Semok

They suck, and make university a nightmare to get in, and the aftermath is terrible. But it would make the young people exist again.  

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:20 am
cool4
Semok
cool4
Semok
cool4
Semok

They suck, and make university a nightmare to get in, and the aftermath is terrible. But it would make the young people exist again.

All we gotta do is throw morality out the window and implement eugenics. Piece of cake.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:23 am
Semok
cool4
Semok
cool4
Semok

All we gotta do is throw morality out the window and implement eugenics. Piece of cake.

New world order, get rid of a the concept of a real good. It's all beneficial to your reign of terror. If we get rid of the good the concept of bad wouldn't exist, so all things are neutral.  

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:24 am
cool4
Semok
cool4
Semok
cool4
Semok

New world order, get rid of a the concept of a real good. It's all beneficial to your reign of terror. If we get rid of the good the concept of bad wouldn't exist, so all things are neutral.

Precisely.  
River of Polls

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces