Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP]Cooking really wasn't my strong point (Evan/Nevada)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:57 pm
Some people thought ghost weren't real. For the hunters on the Island, they not only fought ghost..but monsters...demons. They face against horseman of the apocalypse, they saved ordinary humans from the things that go bump in the night.

And yet in the kitchen, people could hear grunts...Moans of the ghostly kind and had steered clear of it at a very certain timepoint.

At the waning hour of 11pm, the sounds came from the kitchen were...minimal but enough that hunters steered clear. And in the morning, there was always a questionable mess. Sauces spilled, canned goods spread out on the floor.

Hunters said a ghost...of the kitchen lady who once reigned but in truth it was just; Nevada fighting with food because she didn't know how to cook.

Such as right now, the time was 11pm and you could heard the sounds of someone struggling with well...something in there.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:24 pm
Part of the problem with having erratic sleeping patterns and no real set schedule was your body clock was completely out of whack more often than not. Evan could be set to nap at nine in the morning or, like today, be ready for dinner in the middle of the night. He had long since stopped trying to fight it, opting instead to just deal with the changes as they came. Besides, it usually worked out better for him; he didn't have to fight for counter space in order to make a sandwich with everyone else who ate lunch at noon like normal people.

Evan was trying to plan a meal around what he remembered seeing in the fridge earlier that day, mentally considering and discarding options if they took too long or were more complicated than he felt like dealing with or if the pantry lacked a key ingredient to make it. He was disturbed from his thoughts by a noise coming from the kitchen that got louder as he got closer to the door. Curious, he put his ear against it, frowning as it sounded like someone was fighting with something inside.

At least, he really, really hoped it was just fighting. He was hungry, but he didn't want to be rude and interrupt anything if someone had decided to use the kitchen in a way man hadn't intended. He fidgeted in front of the kitchen door for a moment, struggling with indecisiveness, before deciding that it was probably okay to risk a peek.

Evan cautiously opened the door a crack and peered into the kitchen, sighing in relief as nothing worse than some girl fighting with her food was revealed. He pushed his way into the kitchen, leading with a friendly smile. "You need some help, there?"  

Inle-roo

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:48 pm
Nevada startled dropping a can of something on the ground as it rolled towards Evan.

"Oh Hello Handsome." She attempted to cover her embarrassment of her cooking fiasco with a very lazy flirting smile at him. On the stove was a pot boiling over with water...and other things.

"Oh no, I was just trying to make our families old recipe stew...." No she was lying, "I just have been having a really hard time find the right..." She said, waving to the mess on the stove.

"Uhm...Did you...need in here?" Because mess....

inle-roo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:48 pm
Evan bent to scoop up the can, noticing when he straightened that the woman at the stove looked kind of familiar. "Don't I know you from somewhere? I'm sure we've met..." he trailed off as the hissing of the stove caught his attention. He looked past Nevada, to the liquid bubbling out of the pot and all over the stove top.

The smile might have frozen on his face a little at the sight. That was going to be messy, and she was damn lucky the burner hadn't caught on fire yet. He edged around her to the stove, turning it off before carefully moving the pot to a cold burner. "Looks like you might have added a little too much of, uh. Everything. Pretty sure your family's recipe doesn't call for half the ingredients to boil out of the pot," he said, not unkindly. "I was just gonna make myself a sandwich or something. It'd be no trouble to make you one, too, and afterwards, if you want, we can try to figure out what went wrong and how to fix it."  

Inle-roo

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:01 pm
"Oh, Sorry It might've been awhile. I'm Nevada. Uh I met you at orientation and....when I was in..Singing party...for Gnat." yes because that was all you know...right right.

"I...Well s**t." She ran a hand through her long hair and hissed, "I'm not a good cook at all. And every time I try to make it, It turns out into some huge mess. And taste horrible." She sighed, "I was just trying to make what Alaska and my mom would when I felt down." She smiled and then moved away from the kitchen.

"A sandwich?" She perked up, "Handsome, you'd be my savior if we could do that." And then cocked her head, "A sandwich AND help with my stew? Dime among all the nickels aren't you?"

Inle-Roo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:31 am
Nevada...the name sounded familiar. Evan remembered seeing her at orientation, and at the impromptu karaoke party Gnat had started--ah. This was the girl that had crawled into Tuck's bed; she was the source of his friend's current troubles. Well, at least Tuck had good taste, if bad judgment. "Oh, yeah, I remember now. I'm Evan, I don't know if we were properly introduced."

His smile remained in place, still polite if a little distant now as he moved towards the fridge. "Nah, just killing two birds with one stone. This way neither of us goes hungry, and I don't to have to put the oven out if it catches on fire." He rooted around the fridge for a moment, pulling out some not-too-wilted lettuce, a whole tomato, and half a pack of cheese slices. "Ham okay?"  

Inle-roo

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:41 pm
"Pleasure to meet you hun~" She seemed a bit distracted, so didn't notice the shift in polite distantness. Not that she would blame him, If her sister or friend had gotten involved with someone taken...and it ended up badly well.

Instead she smiled at Evan again. "Thinking ahead, I like that. Me, I just wanted comfort foods. It's been a hellish week and I have a feeling I'm digging myself a very large hole to bury myself in." She crossed her arms as she leaned on the counter. "Sounds good hun, I'm not picky." She watched him as he worked for a moment before piping up again. "Were you in the army like Tuck was before coming here? Or College?"

Inle-roo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:21 pm
Oh, yeah, I bet your week's been just terrible, and I bet I can guess why, too, he thought to himself, immediately feeling guilty for it. What other people did in their free time was their own damn business, and he shouldn't judge them for it, no matter how messed up it was. Besides, judging by the bruise he'd seen on Tuck's face and Nevada's culinary mishaps, they were both paying for it now.

It cost him nothing to give her a quick smile before turning his attention to preparing the sandwiches. "Oh, no, I joined the Marine Corps straight out of high school. How about you? Who were you before you joined Deus?"  

Inle-roo

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:29 pm
If she had known Evan's thoughts, she would've explained. But there was nothing to explain and Tuck had told her, what their business...was their business. And what she did was wrong, and she regretted it...but only because of who it hurt.

"Marines?" She wondered how different it was from the army, and if Evan had made a family there and left them. She shrugged before thinking of what to tell him. "Just finished High school and fresh into college when I ran away. Was looking for my twin, who left before me. Ended up here, and from there its been a ride." She quieted.

"You like cooking Evan?"

Inle-Roo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:21 pm
It was kind of sad, the way some of these kids threw their lives away before they had even really lived. Evan couldn't claim to know everyone's reasons for joining Deus, but it seemed like kind of a waste of potential. Although he himself couldn't be that much older than most of the rest of them, and probably even younger than some of the others, he had at least made an attempt at a life before the island.

"Yeah, I do," Evan replied, slicing each of the sandwiches into neat, even halves. "It's nice to eat food that doesn't come out of a box." He turned away for a moment to grab a couple of plates, putting two of the halves on one of them and sliding it down the counter to Nevada. "You ever find them before you got here? Your twin, I mean."

Nyxtsuki Moon

Inle-roo

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces