Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Tales Series Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for "Tales of..." Series fans to discuss these amazing games and more. 

Tags: tales of, tales series, videogame 

Reply Recycle Bin
Harmony of Symphonia (( OOC )) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ArtemisAntics

Blazing Dragon

18,150 Points
  • Energy Generator 250
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Comrades in Arms 150
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:18 pm
Okay, so I've had this idea playing out in my head for a while. And I really wanted to try it out, preferably with a small group of people, but I don't want to limit it to a small group if there are a lot of people interested.

Anyway, I kind of had this idea of combining the Symphonia world with Ar Tonelico... at least the concept of Ar Tonelico, where songs have power due to the lost language of Hymmnos. In Ar Tonelico, the hymns can only be sung by Reyvatails, and I would prefer to keep that idea somewhat the same, but also different. Mostly in the sense that the people/race who once used the Hymmnos language openly disappeared during the time when the Elves first arrived on Aselia. And in the past 25 years the Harmonians (the lost race) have begun to resurface as a strange epidemic seems to be spreading across the world.

It has been 500 years since the world was united, so as such, most of the cannons are not playable in this idea. Raine and Genis could still be alive, as well as Yuan and Kratos. Yes... I said Kratos. Because in the past 500 years, Derris-Kharlan has once again drifted close to Aselia. Therefore making him available as a character.

I want to limit the number of Harmonian characters, as well as the number of Hymns that they can sing. Each character of this race is allowed only 4 songs of power at the most, however if there are other songs you wish to use to have them sing randomly, you may use any kind of song you want for that.
As for the Ar Tonelico hymns, they can be found easily on YouTube. There are over fifty different hymns/songs.

Anyway, the actual plot/story idea.

500 years ago, the worlds of Sylvarant and Tethe'alla were reunited and Aselia was reborn with the planting of Yggdrasill, the World Tree. Over the centuries, the world was peaceful, despite a few skirmishes here and there. However, a mysterious plague began to sweep across the world just 25 years ago. This plague killed many, but it was most deadly to newborn children, and thousands died. As a result, the researchers at the three different Academies (The Royal Research Academy, Sybak, and Palmacosta) began searching for a cure. For five years they were unsuccessful until a child was brought before them. A noble girl of only three years of age, but what was most memorable about her were the red wings sprouting from her back, her vacant expression, and the red crystal on her chest. When the researchers realized this was a Cruxis Crystal, or at least something 'similar' to one, they began to study and use it to manufacture a cure. Thus, they created the Pura, white crystals with the power to sustain life. These crystals were handed out to families and pregnant women everywhere to save the children that were still too young and those that were soon to be born. However, even the Pura is not a permanent cure, and the plague still sweeps over the land. People are not the only beings harmed by this plague, even the World Tree itself has been infected, creating a shortage of mana. No one knows where this mysterious plague came from, but the people of Aselia suspect it has something to do with the Harmonians' returning.

So umm... Ideas? Suggestions? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:46 pm
*pokes thread*
Waiting can really be such a pain... sweatdrop
Not that I'm impatient or anything!! *waves hands frantically* I just get really bored easy and then I start to get impatient... sweatdrop  

ArtemisAntics

Blazing Dragon

18,150 Points
  • Energy Generator 250
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Comrades in Arms 150

Sirea Angelie
Crew

Nine-tailed Fox

26,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:20 am
Martel Irasia
*pokes thread*
Not that I'm impatient or anything!! *waves hands frantically* I just get really bored easy and then I start to get impatient... sweatdrop
*totally not thinking of Abyss at the mention of 'hymns'* ninja

Patience is a virtue since alot of us are busy bodies. lol. I've gotten used to waiting myself.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:25 pm
I'm not familiar with Ar Tonelico, but this sounds interesting. Would one need to know both series to participate, or is this more of an "inspired by" situation?  

Evilweirdo 0

Questionable Pants

12,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100

ArtemisAntics

Blazing Dragon

18,150 Points
  • Energy Generator 250
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Comrades in Arms 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:04 pm
Sirea Angelie
Martel Irasia
*pokes thread*
*totally not thinking of Abyss at the mention of 'hymns'* ninja

Patience is a virtue since alot of us are busy bodies. lol. I've gotten used to waiting myself.

I have to admit, the hymn idea would fit better into an Abyss RP, but I'm often more inclined to Symphonia roleplays... xD

I know. I always try to be as patient as possible. I may not have much of a life myself right now, but I know what it's like to be really busy though. So I try not to get impatient, even when I start to get really bored.. sweatdrop

Evilweirdo 0
I'm not familiar with Ar Tonelico, but this sounds interesting. Would one need to know both series to participate, or is this more of an "inspired by" situation?

Not necessarily no. To play any of the mentioned cannons would require previous knowledge of Symphonia, but it is not necessary to know anything about Ar Tonelico.
You can simply look up the hymns and decide which ones you'd like to use for a character. (granted, pretty much all the hymns are sung by women, however if you wanted you could still use them for a male character if you felt so inclined.)

So in that sense, the idea is more "inspired by" the Ar Tonelico series in which songs have power (due to the Hymmnos language).  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:17 pm
And now I shall listen to hymns while I wait... >.<  

ArtemisAntics

Blazing Dragon

18,150 Points
  • Energy Generator 250
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Comrades in Arms 150

Evilweirdo 0

Questionable Pants

12,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:04 pm
I'd join it. Do you plan to do this anytime, or is it just in the idea stage right now?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:02 pm
Evilweirdo 0
I'd join it. Do you plan to do this anytime, or is it just in the idea stage right now?

I totally plan to do it. I just wanted to see how many people were interested, or if anyone had any ideas or suggestions to add.

I think I'll work on the actual thread layout and post that in... maybe another week or two?

Since I'm on vacation right now in Delaware, I'm trying to limit my computer time. Actually, it's more like my grandmother wants me to limit my computer time, so I'm trying to respect that.  

ArtemisAntics

Blazing Dragon

18,150 Points
  • Energy Generator 250
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Comrades in Arms 150

ArtemisAntics

Blazing Dragon

18,150 Points
  • Energy Generator 250
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Comrades in Arms 150
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:09 pm
Update!

I don't have the entire thread layout done, but I've already begun working on it.
Plus, I also figured out exactly what I wanted the Harmonian's to be like. *fist pump*

Hopefully I will be done with the layout by the end of this week. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:50 pm
I forgot how time consuming it can be to make an avatar on tektek.org sweatdrop

I'm about... 70% done with the thread layout. Made avatars for the available canons, and the main antagonists. (need to work on brief profiles for the latter), but I'm pleased with how much I've accomplished so far...

Still need to make an avatar for one of the antagonists... but after that, I don't need to make no more... >.<

Also, would this outfit be too strange for Kratos?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Should I change it? I think it looks pretty damn good... >.>  

ArtemisAntics

Blazing Dragon

18,150 Points
  • Energy Generator 250
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Comrades in Arms 150

Evilweirdo 0

Questionable Pants

12,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:45 pm
*the Eye of Evil turns its gaze to the thread once more!*
Haha, it can indeed be time-consuming.
Anyway, that Kratos avatar looks okay. Different, but still pretty good.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:31 pm
Evilweirdo 0

Yes... very time consuming... Dx
Map-making is also time consuming... >.<

Okay... I'm not sure how likely I am to change him.
But I did want to make sure other people thought he looked okay.  

ArtemisAntics

Blazing Dragon

18,150 Points
  • Energy Generator 250
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Comrades in Arms 150

Evilweirdo 0

Questionable Pants

12,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:15 pm
Martel Irasia
Evilweirdo 0

Ah, map-making! If you don't have a shape in mind, you could always look online for a map generator, if only to base it on. It saves a lot of work.

Hey, new stories sometimes demand new designs.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:20 am
Evilweirdo 0
Martel Irasia
Evilweirdo 0

Ah, map-making! If you don't have a shape in mind, you could always look online for a map generator, if only to base it on. It saves a lot of work.

Hey, new stories sometimes demand new designs.

True, very true. I ended up grabbing a map of Aselia. (I need to edit in a few locations, but at least I have one to base everything off of. sweatdrop

And I grabbed a pixel map from FF1 to make a map of the Alfheim region... (where the Harmonians come from)

I've still got some work to do.... *sighs*
Not done with the villain profiles, heck, I haven't even finished my own profiles. (which might be a good thing for now, since I still have work to do on the main thread. >.<)

And I still need to write a Prologue for the plot...
Yeah, I usually put a lot of thought and work into group ideas... sweatdrop  

ArtemisAntics

Blazing Dragon

18,150 Points
  • Energy Generator 250
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Comrades in Arms 150

Evilweirdo 0

Questionable Pants

12,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:25 am
Martel Irasia
True, very true. I ended up grabbing a map of Aselia. (I need to edit in a few locations, but at least I have one to base everything off of. sweatdrop

And I grabbed a pixel map from FF1 to make a map of the Alfheim region... (where the Harmonians come from)

I've still got some work to do.... *sighs*
Not done with the villain profiles, heck, I haven't even finished my own profiles. (which might be a good thing for now, since I still have work to do on the main thread. >.<)

And I still need to write a Prologue for the plot...
Yeah, I usually put a lot of thought and work into group ideas... sweatdrop

Oh, of course. Aselia... Not an entirely original world. Hehe. *herp to the derp* I knew that. Yep, totally.

I couldn't help but think of Sword Art Online when you mentioned Alfheim... I'll try to resist the urge to-
KLEIN IS FREAKIN' AWESOME AND NEEDS MORE TIME IN THE SPOTLIGHT.
...Dang it.

If you need ideas, perhaps you could ask for ideas (via PM, of course) from people who are interested in the RP. That way, there could be antagonists that are connected to the protagonists in some way, like in other Tales games. Or not, if they're best kept secret. Either way.

Anyway, now I'm off to resist the urge to demand that Cam Clarke read the prologue.  
Recycle Bin

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff