Welcome to Gaia! ::

River of Polls : A GUILD OF RANDOMNESS AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Back to Guilds

A random-based guild in which you may literally spam, chat, and do whatever you want. (Just follow the TOS and have fun!!!) 

Tags: Spam, Polls, Chat, Everything, Hangout, Role-playing, Role, Play, Word, Games, Quizzes, Discussion, Friends, Roleplay 

Reply River of Polls
Hearin' Stuff and other things. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

You ever hear/see stuff?
  Yup
  Nope
View Results

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:59 pm
So I've realized somethin' about myself lately that's been gettin' more and more annoyin'. It's probably gonna make me sound a little...off...but it isn't as bad as it sounds.

So I'm sure we've all had times where we've heard stuff. Like, you play a video game for a long amount of time and then later on at night you hear a noise from it, even though you aren't playin' it anymore. Also, I know that people sometimes hear a phone vibratin' when none is goin' off.

Anyhoo, lately I've been hearin' a lot of noises and such. The main ones include people talkin' and music, but they always feel kinda off in the distance and muffled. I mean, right now I hear my parents talkin' in their room, which is above my room, but I know they're asleep.

I've realized that more and more I find myself searchin' around to try to find my ipod to turn it off, because it sounds like it started playin', only to find that it is off and I can still hear music. For a while I wondered if maybe it was just like a neighbor's music, but when my friend was over I asked if she could hear it, and she couldn't. Now, this isn't constant, but it is becomin' more frequent. It's also very subtle, to the point where it's impossible to understand what's bein' said or what song is playin'.

As for the other things, the only way I can really describe it is feelin' like I'm in a lucid dream. I find myself wonderin' if I'm awake or asleep more and more, and freakin' myself out more and more when I worry that I'm stuck in a dream that's about to get creepy. I'll see things in the corner of my eye or suddenly get overwhelmed with a feelin' of dread and terror. Not the funnest experience, let me tell ya.

So yeah. Stuff I've noticed lately. I can only imagine that my excessive drinkin', both of the alcoholic and caffeinated variety, are probably the source, but I'm not sure, since I've been cuttin' back on both lately (mainly due to my brokeness).

And as always, I've written too much.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:20 am
I had the music thing for a while when I was younger. I decided I was picking up radio frequencies...

But, this honestly sounds like your body & mind are overtaxed from all the substance, and a few clean days with a good night's rest (and I mean night, not 5am-noon) should hopefully help some of it.

But I think running too long on too little sleep can cause permanent damage. I went a bit mad two summers ago when working 9am-10pm 2 weeks straight, with a few earlier days and several later days, plus an 11-day week before that.
I haven't felt entirely sane since.  

KazeRin

Hopeless Dreamer

11,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:41 am
I went three days without alcohol. Does that count? I can't go without caffeine, though. I need it to sleep.

Also, I usually only get about 1-2 hours or sleep. If I get any more, I get all tired and such.

I used to hallucinate and hear people whisperin'/screamin' right next to my ear when I was younger, so this is actually an improvement.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:09 pm
Semok
I went three days without alcohol. Does that count? I can't go without caffeine, though. I need it to sleep.

Also, I usually only get about 1-2 hours or sleep. If I get any more, I get all tired and such.

I used to hallucinate and hear people whisperin'/screamin' right next to my ear when I was younger, so this is actually an improvement.
HOW THE HELL CAN YOU HAVE CAFFEINE TO SLEEP? I thought it is supposed to do the opposite. O.O That's weird.

And I did used to hear voices in stuff and music from my video games in stuff like when I was in high school and early college. Like I would think I hear my brother playing video games or something, then i'd go and check it out and it's completely dark. It was weird.  

Aoi the Crossdresser

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:27 pm
Aoi the Crossdresser
Semok

HOW THE HELL CAN YOU HAVE CAFFEINE TO SLEEP? I thought it is supposed to do the opposite. O.O That's weird.

And I did used to hear voices in stuff and music from my video games in stuff like when I was in high school and early college. Like I would think I hear my brother playing video games or something, then i'd go and check it out and it's completely dark. It was weird.

I use the crash people get after consumin' a lot of caffeine. I use it to keep me awake, and then I use it to sleep.

And yeah, I think it's a rather usual phenomenon.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:05 pm
It's unusual that caffeine makes you sleep. That is just weird.

Benadryl will do a way more better job than stupid caffeine.  

Aoi the Crossdresser

Roisu

Witty Phantom

12,350 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:10 pm
Quote:

Does he even read what you say? It's the crash that makes one tired.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:17 pm
Roisu
Quote:

Does he even read what you say? It's the crash that makes one tired.
What crash? I never get a crash from caffeine. I even hate caffeine now cuz it is supposed to be one drug I am supposed to avoid since it makes my hand excema condition worse, and since my hand condition is being bad again on my fingers, I have to avoid it.

But caffeine is supposed to wake you up in stuff. BENADRYL will **** you up and make you feel weird then makes you sleep. You should try it sometime. It's #*($(##(* awesome. I can't believe many people don't even know about it that it gets you high yet.  

Aoi the Crossdresser

Roisu

Witty Phantom

12,350 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:23 am
getting high doesn't make anyone cool  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:05 am
Aoi the Crossdresser
But caffeine is supposed to wake you up in stuff. BENADRYL will **** you up and make you feel weird then makes you sleep. You should try it sometime. It's #*($(##(* awesome. I can't believe many people don't even know about it that it gets you high yet.

Um.
People that want to get high use actual drugs. Intended for the sole purpose of getting you high.
You're the only p***y who wants to get high but won't bite the bullet of getting the real stuff.

Stop destroying your liver.  

KazeRin

Hopeless Dreamer

11,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Aoi the Crossdresser

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:09 pm
KazeRin
Aoi the Crossdresser

Um.
People that want to get high use actual drugs. Intended for the sole purpose of getting you high.
You're the only p***y who wants to get high but won't bite the bullet of getting the real stuff.

Stop destroying your liver.
What destroys the liver? I know alcohol does, but I am thinking about having a grudge against it.

And how do I get the real stuff? It's illegal and you will get in trouble with the law in stuff if you are found out, and I don't want that so it's just better to get an OTC cheap one that is a good substitute. Alcohol is good to, but weed is still illegal here and of course I'd do weed if it was legal and I'd want weed brownies.

People get shot, beat up, jailed, and even killed regarding problems with buying, distributing, or possessing real drugs. Plus I doubt drug tests for employment look for benadryl, which is a reason why it makes it superior.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:37 pm
Semok: You need to sleep. I get auditory hallucinations when I haven't slept enough, and they are very creepy. Either hallucinations, or, regular sounding things sound very strange and I'm like, "Wait! WTF was that!?" Or, "OMG! What is that?!"...and it is the air conditioning turning on, or something else completely normal that I usually disregard.

Aoi: What you are doing is called Robotriping...at least I'm pretty sure the active ingredient is dextromethorphan. Many people DO know about this...and don't worry about the real stuff. That is a path you don't want to travel.

GenevieveGautier

Aoi the Crossdresser

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:54 pm
GenevieveGautier
Semok: You need to sleep. I get auditory hallucinations when I haven't slept enough, and they are very creepy. Either hallucinations, or, regular sounding things sound very strange and I'm like, "Wait! WTF was that!?" Or, "OMG! What is that?!"...and it is the air conditioning turning on, or something else completely normal that I usually disregard.

Aoi: What you are doing is called Robotriping...at least I'm pretty sure the active ingredient is dextromethorphan. Many people DO know about this...and don't worry about the real stuff. That is a path you don't want to travel.
Well I thought semok experiences auditory and visual hallucinations all the time. O.O  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:06 pm
I do, but I've also never really slept well too. I used to hallucinate a lot more when I was younger. Now it seems to be more auditory than visual.

I was actually havin' a conversation with a friend earlier about my sleepin' habits and such. I still fail to see how people can lay down, close their eyes, and be asleep in like 15 minutes. I just don't understand that. The only time I can fall asleep remotely that fast is when I'm piss drunk, which is one of the main reasons I drink at this point.

Also, not only does it usually take me hours to fall asleep, since I have to change positions in bed every 5 minutes or else I get all panicy, but once I am asleep, I tend to only be able to stay asleep for about an hour. I also tend to get really itchy and hot, and then too cold and uncomfortable, which is exhaustin'. I also tend to get hot flashes a lot at night, which is annoyin'. My friend, along with many others, have recommended that I go on sleepin' pills, but I really don't want to become dependent upon them.

While I will admit that I am at least partially dependent upon caffeine and alcohol to sleep and eliminate various pains, I feel as though sleepin' aids and pain killers would be far more dangerous and addictive. It's like the lesser of two evils in my opinion.

That bein' said, I guess my body isn't as flexible as it used to be, both physically and mentally, so I guess somethin' has to be done.  

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Aoi the Crossdresser

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:11 pm
Semok
I do, but I've also never really slept well too. I used to hallucinate a lot more when I was younger. Now it seems to be more auditory than visual.

I was actually havin' a conversation with a friend earlier about my sleepin' habits and such. I still fail to see how people can lay down, close their eyes, and be asleep in like 15 minutes. I just don't understand that. The only time I can fall asleep remotely that fast is when I'm piss drunk, which is one of the main reasons I drink at this point.

Also, not only does it usually take me hours to fall asleep, since I have to change positions in bed every 5 minutes or else I get all panicy, but once I am asleep, I tend to only be able to stay asleep for about an hour. I also tend to get really itchy and hot, and then too cold and uncomfortable, which is exhaustin'. I also tend to get hot flashes a lot at night, which is annoyin'. My friend, along with many others, have recommended that I go on sleepin' pills, but I really don't want to become dependent upon them.

While I will admit that I am at least partially dependent upon caffeine and alcohol to sleep and eliminate various pains, I feel as though sleepin' aids and pain killers would be far more dangerous and addictive. It's like the lesser of two evils in my opinion.

That bein' said, I guess my body isn't as flexible as it used to be, both physically and mentally, so I guess somethin' has to be done.
Your situation sounds EXACTLY like how I am when I try to go asleep. The only difference is that I actually do take sleeping pills (Benadryl, to help me sleep) but if I am not taking them, then I can easily get to sleep if I drink a whole lot much, like you do. It's hard to sleep without the aid of either benadryl or alcohol.

And I do get really hot as well when I try to sleep, cuz i think it is so **(#*(%*(# hot in this house, WHICH IS WHY I WANNA LIVE WITH MY GIRLFRIEND CUZ SHE has the cooler on all the time that makes it really cold. biggrin My mom and dad have a rule that we are not allowed to touch their thermostat or they will yell at us. It's like at 76 degrees all the time, ******** hot.  
River of Polls

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff