Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:58 pm
User Image

Ubawa felt his body creaking as he stretched his legs out in front of him. Somehow, it felt like he hadn't been very active in a long time. He really needed to stop lazing around the pride so much. Sure, he had been training by himself and hunting, but that didn't really keep him in shape. What he needed was to find himself a good sparring partner- someone who would be able to keep up with him and help him keep in shape at the same time. A challenge.

A male, of course.

He sighed and moved along the familiar paths of the pride he had always known, sniffing around to see who might make a suitable sparring partner. As he passed other lions, he judged them. Too big, too small, too young, too old. It didn't seem like anyone was the version of 'just right' he was looking for, which was only annoying him further.

Painted Moose

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:16 pm
User Image

Adenah avoided the larger groups of lions as if they had the plague itself in favor of a continuous walk. She was on the search for her father to ask him about a particular landmark near the Spine, and so far had come up pathetically short. Granted, she could always ask one of the other lions who were rogue born, but that would involve actual conversation.

Not. Happening.

Adenah stuck to the well worn path to the sparring areas, keeping an eye out for a dark red coat in a sea of red coats. The only thing that would ever set him apart was the sound of a female beating the s**t out of him for something perverted he'd called out to her.

She was still a good distance away when she saw what seemed to be another dark pelt having just as much shitty luck in his search as she was. Adenah veered off her path to approach him; something she wasn't entirely comfortable with, but he might have the information she needed. "Can I help you with something?"

Cajanic

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:15 pm
Ubawa came to a stop, looking at the female in front of him. She looked to be a good age, and good build, and pretty well cared for- just the kind of lion he was looking for in a sparring partner. Too bad there was just one thing wrong with the picture. He frowned, sitting down as he let out a defeated sigh.

“I don’t know if you’ll be of much help to me,” he said without really thinking about it, “I’m looking for a nice sparring partner, but so far there isn’t anyone worthy of my abilities.” He looked at the female again, tilting his head slightly.

“It’s a shame you’re a female!” he huffed, “you would have been perfect- it looks like you would be pretty good at sparring.” He shook his mighty mane, apparently alright with showing his displeasure over her being a female. It wasn’t that he had anything against girls- they just weren’t as strong as guys.

Right?
Painted Moose

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:10 pm
Cajanic
Sorry for the late tag! I started a new job this week, and I haven't found my rhythm yet. xD

Well, he certainly didn't look happy, did he? She suspected troubles at home; she'd heard that sigh more than once from her old man. Adenah had been more than ready to shove him onto a lion that would be able to help him out more, until he started talking and she found her paws rooted onto the ground as little tick started in the corner of her eye.

"A pity, I know," She quipped, giving him a droll stare. "We would be so unevenly matched that it really wouldn't be worth my time. I mean, I guess you look like a decent opponent, but... It's better for everyone that you've already realized how horribly you would be defeated. If you want, I'm sure I can find some young male that hasn't grown in his mane yet to teach you some new techniques."

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:42 pm
Ubawa let out a bellow of a laugh, eyeing her. Though he was acting like he had been amused by what she had said, it wasn’t really the case at all. The fur on the back of his neck was bristling with rage. How dare she say such things about him! She didn’t even know how he fought! Well, he supposed he didn’t know how she fought, either, but that was entirely different. He wasn’t a female!

“If your claws are as sharp as your mouth, you’d win every fight, I’m sure,” he laughed lightly, eyeing her carefully.

“So, what, you really think you’d be a match for me? I might not be a spring chicken, but I’m certainly no slouch when it comes to fighting! If we had a sparring match, you can bet your tail I’d be the one walking away victorious!” He puffed his chest out proudly, sure he had made a great point that time.

Painted Moose

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:56 pm
Adenah scoffed, and let out a snort. Typical male, thinking he was tough s**t in the face of a female's challenge. "So you've heard of me, I take it?" She grinned. She may not have spent much time in the pride, but when she did her siblings and her father usually had her down in the sparring pit, as much as she would rather be doing anything else.

"The question is, do you think you can take me? I may be young, but I can whip your old bones all the way to the Spine and back." Don't laugh, don't laugh. Adenah couldn't help it; a laugh slipped out on a snort, causing some sort of phlegm back up in her lungs that had her doubling over in a sort of chortling laugh. "Look at you, puffing up like some damn bird! I take back everything I said; I'm utterly terrified now." She chuckled.

Cajanic

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:45 am
"Can't say I've ever heard of you," he chuckled in return, "but I've certainly heard a lot OUT of you!" He laughed again, feeling his spirits brightening at the prospect of a good spar. He would just have to make sure he didn't go too hard on her. Then again, whenever he thought that, he seemed to end up getting smoked by his opponent who, though he wouldn't admit it out loud, was usually female.

"hey hey hey!" He huffed when she started laughing at him, "I'll have you know I'm a hardened battle warrior! And I'd be happy to prove it to you, too! My name is Ubawa! I'm going to make sure you know who you're messing with!" He watched her, halfway between a smile and a pout. She was laughing at him!

"What's your name, then? I like to know the names of the lions I'm going to be beating! Helps with the bragging afterwards."

Painted Moose

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:26 am
Adenah shook her head, too bemused by the whole situation to keep a straight face for long. As arrogant as he was, the male had a lot of fire in him, and who knew, maybe he would even land a hit in a match! As if she'd let him, though!

"Oh, so I'm good enough for you now, am I? Alright then, I accept your challenge, Ubawa!" She straightened and shook out the last of her laughter with an open smirk. "My name's Adenah, and unless you're planning on telling the story of how I sent you packing with your tail between your legs, I wouldn't plan on bragging. "

Her father would have to wait for another day; Adenah was far too charged up now to walk away from this one. Curiosity had already settled in, and now she had to find out if he was as good as he claimed, or full just full of s**t.

Cajanic

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:51 am
"I don't know about good enough," the male replied with a smile, "But I think I need to show you why that is! And that's fine for me! I'm not one to turn down a spar, even if it is just to prove you don't stand a chance." They were both being pretty cocky about their skills, and he liked that- he liked that she wasn't afraid to stand up to him.

She was interesting.

"Alright then, Adenah! Let's find ourselves a good spot to spar! Since you're going to lose to me, I think I'll let you pick the location- you pick where you think you'll be at your best!" He knew they weren't fighting for real, but a challenge was a challenge, right? He needed to be convincing. He started to move, though he was waiting for her to take the lead.

Painted Moose
I think we can finish this one up with your post and get to a'fighten!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:58 pm
"Ho-ho! I'd watch that tongue of yours, lest it start making promises your skills can keep." Adenah had never been this vocal before a fight, or period, actually, but it felt good. Maybe she did have a little of her mother in her after all! How odd that this pseudo sexist braggart would be the one to bring it out. If more lions turned out to be like him, then she might just have to start being social.

"I know just the place. A little spot close enough to the oasis so you can lick your wounds, but just close enough to the training grounds so that everyone can watch your defeat." Adenah started after him, but moved to take point to lead the way to her little spot. In truth, it was the only area she'd ever thought to spar in, since it was far enough away from the main crowd. She'd always thought she was far enough away that no one would remember her being there, which was difficult, when you were a large black blob on sand.

But now, now was when the real fun would begin.

Cajanic
Sounds good to me! :3

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

[IC] Motoujamii-Simo Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out