Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:02 am
User Image

Oh, it really wasn't his day. He hadn't expected things to take such a turn for the worse. Not only was he not around cubs, which he enjoyed so very much, but he had somehow managed to get himself in a bit of trouble. He had fallen off a ledge and had landed awkwardly in some sharp rocks. While he had managed to avoid any kind of serious damage, he had sustained a cut on the ankle of his front paw, making it difficult for him to walk.

He limped his way out of the rocks, whimpering slightly to himself. Maybe being around cubs so much had made him a bit of a baby when it came to pain.

Carefully, he sat himself down, struggling to make sure he didn't cause himself extra, unneeded pain on top of what he was already in. Raising his paw, he looked over the gash, watching his own blood dribble through his fur and drip to the ground below him. Yup. That was certainly an ouchies if he had ever seen one, but he was sure kissing it was not going to make it better. Frowning, he looked around, not even sure where he was, much less where he might find a nice place to clean his paw off and tend to it.

Princess_Feylin

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:04 am
User ImageGogv wasn't actually supposed to be out hunting. She didn't have a hunting party that she was out with or anything. She was just, well scouting was what she told her family when she set off but really she was just getting away from people. She had a den of her own and that helped, but the small size of her clan meant that there was always someone who felt entitled to drop in and check on her, perhaps mention a nice young lion she ought to meet. As if she didn't already know all the lions in the clan, young, nice, or otherwise.

Anyway she was out on her own when the wind changed and brought the scent of blood to her nose. Curiosity spurred her to walk into the wind and investigate the source of the smell. It didn't take her long to come across the wounded lion whose bleeding had caught her attention.

"Vtla!" she exclaimed, startled. "You're bleeding?" She looked him over, unable to immediately discern where the blood was coming from. Was he bleeding?
Cajanic

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:46 am
Vtla jumped when he heard a somewhat surprised voice from out of nowhere. Quickly, he turned his attention towards the female, relaxing when he saw who it was. He even let out a little bit of a laugh. "ah, Gogv! You startled me!" He smiled at her, nodding a polite hello despite the concern on her face. He didn't want to be rude, now did he?

"Actually, I am bleeding. You have a good nose!" He sighed and looked down at the gash on his paw, frowning slightly at the sight of the blood. It wasn't that he was bad around such things, or felt faint, he just didn't like the thought of not being able to tend to the cubs while the paw was healing. He would likely just re-open the wound if he bounced around with cubs. He looked back at the female, smiling awkwardly.

"Well, I suppose I was a bit clumsy and ended up cutting my paw. but it's not too deep- I'm sure there's nothing to worry about." he smiled at her. "are you worried? That's very sweet of you!"

Princess_Feylin

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:15 am
"I didn't mean to startle you," Gogv said, scowling a little. She wasn't sure why she was scowling and did her best to change her expression, but a scowl was sort of her default face and when she wasn't doing that she tended to look kind of funny and feel awkward, like she was making a goofy face or something.

"I'm not worried!" she hastened to inform him. "Like you said, it's not too deep. And even if it was, I'm a hunter. I kill things. I don't help make them better."

There was no way she would ever care what happened to another person. She was a lioness who only cared about herself and her own well-being. Everyone else was inferior and a waste of time and attention. So there! Of course, there was such a thing as protesting too much. She was unaware of how perilously close she was to crossing that line.

"What were you doing around here, anyway? You don't have a gaggle of cubs in tow, do you?" She sniffed the air and glanced around, making sure that she wasn't about to stumble across some infant.

Cajanic

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:34 am
Vtla only laughed at her unhappy replies. "Okay," he chuckled lightly, his good natured outlook undaunted by her scowl, "so you weren't worried, that's alright. I'm glad you didn't think I was food and attacked, then, how's that?" Though maybe he wouldn't have hated being pounced by her. He continued to smile, though, not wanting to say too much and have her go stomping away in a rage. Even if he didn't mind her being a bit huffy about things, the last thing he wanted to do was offend her. Sometimes it felt like he was a little too casual about things and it annoyed some of the other lions.

He needed to work on that.

Sighing softly, he shook his head at her question. "No, no cubs, don't worry," he laughed, "actually, I was just patrolling to make sure I didn't find any cubs around the area. It's dangerous, you know, so I wanted to make sure no cubs came this way and got themselves hurt. I guess now I can show them how dangerous it is!" he sighed softly, looking down at his paw again. Well, maybe he wouldn't show them right away- it was kind of gross.

"So were you hunting, then? Coming out this way? It feels like it's a bit dangerous to be hunting all on your own!" He frowned and watched her, concerned about her even if she wasn't concerned about him. Did she do many things alone?
Princess_Feylin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:31 am
"It'd be pretty embarrassing if I had attacked you," Gogv replied. She lost some of the prickly antagonism in her tone. She was not unaware of the effect her attitude had on people. She liked Vtla, for some unknown reason, and she didn't want to make him not like her by being too acerbic.

"You certainly go above and beyond for the sake of your charges." She wrinkled her nose. "I hope their parents appreciate the lengths to which you go to educate their offspring."

She was still not coming off as cheery, but this was actually what Gogv sounded like when she was being playful. It wasn't something that she did very well. Usually she was mean when she played, and that worked for her because she didn't care how others felt, but she was making a sincere effort to be nicer to Vtla.

"Just trying to get away from my family, actually," she admitted, ignoring his concern that she might be endangering herself by being alone. She'd never thought of it that way.

Cajanic

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:50 am
It would have been pretty embarrassing either way, Vtla thought. Getting mistaken for food wouldn't have been fun for him, and mistaking a lion for something delicious probably wouldn't have been her shining moment, either. Good thing, then, that he was the only idiot between them.

He preferred it being that way.

He laughed at her comment. "I hope so too!" he huffed in a good natured tone, "and if I end up getting myself killed for their kids, I expect to be properly mourned." He wondered if the parents really had any thoughts about him... at all. It seemed he paid more attention to the cubs than the adults. Actually, he hadn't even considered what they thought of him before. Interesting.

She said she was escaping her family, and he smiled. It seemed like something she would do a lot, given their last conversation. "Well, I'm happy to keep you company," he told her lightly, "and if I annoy you, you can always leap away. I don't think I'd be able to keep up," he laughed.

Princess_Feylin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:09 am
"Proper mourning. Got it. If I'm around and providing I didn't somehow cause your demise, I will make sure everyone understands that your death is to be celebrated with great enthusiasm and your life mourned with due sadness." She smirked. "Or did I mean that the other way around?"

It was more comfortable for Gogv to keep things lighter and humorous since feelings were things she tried to avoid having whenever possible, and whenever it wasn't possible she did her very best to avoid letting anyone know she was having feelings. Which meant that Vtla's good-natured offer of company with its instantaneous follow-up of an easy out was pretty much perfect for her somewhat stunted needs when it came to emotions and companionship.

"I suppose I could, at that," she agreed with a quick, toothy smile. "It wasn't how I planned to make my escape, should it become necessary, but I'm flexible. I could leap away instead of bumping you the rest of the way down."

Cajanic

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:35 pm
Vtla laughed. She did not minced words, that was for sure. Though he wasn't so sure he had managed to make her any friendlier to him with their little exchange. Or was the teasing nature her way of being friendly? It was definitely different from what he was used to. Still, he enjoyed it. He enjoyed thinking he was making her at lease at ease.

He chuckled again when she agreed to stay, marking that as a victory.

"Oh, lovely! I do appreciate not being pushed off of things. Really makes for a good day." He smirked and got to his feet the best he could manage, his balance on three legs apparently not that great. Still, he managed, smiling.

"Would you like to accompany me to a watering hole? I should rinse this paw off before too much dust gets in it." He smiled and hoped she wouldn't mind. He had only just remembered that he actually needed to look after his injury, after all.
Princess_Feylin
We can end it with the next post, if you like. Sending them off to the spring. XD

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:29 am
"We aim to please," Gogv replied with a smile that almost looked like a smile instead of a smirk or a grin. On her the expression probably looked somewhat awkward. She really wasn't accustomed to making that face.

"I can certainly accompany you to a watering hole and guard you from any further hazards, if you like."

The idea was appealing on multiple levels in that it allowed her to spend more time with this strange cub-liking lion who made her act like an almost nice person as well as giving her family-avoiding wanderings a destination that she could report back to her family. She tried not to consider the interrogation she would face if someone else mentioned that she'd been seen walking with a strange lion. She could handle a little gossip. It might even be fun.

"Shall we go?"

Cajanic
And...finished?

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items