Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Drag-tabulous Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Saint Sims
Crew

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,865 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:34 pm
So today at work one of my fellow homosexuals and coworkers was telling me about all the drag shows she's been to and it got me thinking; what are they like?

She really couldn't give any good details mostly because we were working but I'm curious; does anyone here do drag? Have any of you been to a drag show before?

Now I love me some RuPaul's Drag Race! Does anyone else follow the show?

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:34 pm
It's something that's interested me, though I can't say I'm too interested to try it for myself.  

XrosHeartless

Wrathful Shade

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:03 am
At my college, the biggest social event of the year is Drag Ball. I personally have never been, but I hear it is spectacular and everyone that I know who went absolutely loved it.  
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:37 pm
I've only come across drag queens in clubs but have never visited the club on a Drag Night.

I love RPDR though! I'm planning on seeing Alyssa Edwards at a club next month. 4laugh  

Anthh

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

ForeverDreamWithinADream

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 6:49 pm
I never been to a drag show, so I can't tell you what that is like, but I have crossplayed (where I dressed up as a male character). I plan to get a binder/chest compressor soon so it will make easier for me to pass. I was going to make a new crossplay this year for anime expo and started working on it, but I won't get to finish like I planned do to money and other problems that came up this year. Oh well. It is still crossdressing/in drag, though I guess that wasn't what you were asking about.

I also don't follow the show (we used to get logo and I seen it a few times, but had to switch to a cheaper plan and no longer able to get a lot of shows now).

I am curious about seeing a show someday.  
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 7:45 pm
I know that LOGO features every episode of the last season on its website for free full length streaming c:

Saint Sims
Crew

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,865 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 7:56 pm
My old roommate used to emcee the local shows, and they sounded like fun. We're a small community, so performers from other cities in the province would come in and join for the night. They'd be all dressed up (obviously), banter with the host, and then perform a lip-synced dance routine kind of thing.

At my first university, we had an annual event called Sweet Mademoiselle. One guy got picked from each residence to compete in a beauty pageant in drag. There were a few segments, all hosted by one of the professors (also in drag). Evening wear, a talent segment, swimwear, and a lip-sync. The guys usually got all their gear at a thrift shop. Anyway, it was definitely...uh...not too polished, but it was hysterical, and everyone had a good time. The guy from my residence didn't even shave his legs. xd  
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:56 pm
Nooooo, I haven't been to a drag show, but it looks like fun. emotion_kirakira

I am interested in crossdressing, technically I've already done it. I've crossplayed twice, once as L from Death Note and once as Karkat (planning a godtier!Karkat for this year's Halloween costume! I seem to like being insomniac boys with bags under their eyes. : P )

In the future, I would love to participate in a show like that. :3 I would make a good drag king.

I don't follow the TV show, but I wish I did.  

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100

Jisatsu_no_Tenshi

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

8,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:04 am
I've been to several drag shows, but I guess that is part of the deal when you volunteer for The Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence. If you live in San Francisco you should check out Trannyshack.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:39 pm
I've done it for Halloween once,(I have no idea how women walk in heels all day, OUCH!) and it was fun, never been to a show before, but they seem really neat. RPDR, on the other hand, an amazing show, and it has some amazing talents, Manila, chad michaels, willam, to name a few. And the Queen herself, RuPaul. I'm not sure if the college I'm going to has a drag show thing, but I'll find out in the fall.  

Lady Ravenscroft

xXxAlyx_NyghtxXx

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • PvP 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:14 pm
At the gay bar I work at, currently the only one in San Bernardino county, there is a drag show every Friday and Saturday. I perform every now and then. And when I'm not I'm mixing up some tasty COCKtails wink but our shows are similar to the lsfyl portions of rpdr. Not competitions but the performers lip sync to various songs. We have a range of kings and queens with various backgrounds like pageant queens and so on. This Saturday we are having a Disney themed show, where our performers will be serving Disney realness. Peter Pan, Maleficent, Ursula, Pocahontas, etc.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:01 pm
The clubs I have been too, all in my county are across the street from each other, have similar drag shows. Lips syncing, dancing, and contests. While I don't know much about them, since I am not interested in them, they seem to be interesting since a lot of people go to watch it.

As I said, I am not interested in drag, though I have no problems with people that do like it of course. I am a bigger fan of the white/underwear/wet underwear parties wink those are fun to participate it razz  

DragonSlayer Arcos

Vicious Bunny

OceaNova

Beloved Lover

8,400 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:15 am
Katze Allemon-Schatten
At my college, the biggest social event of the year is Drag Ball. I personally have never been, but I hear it is spectacular and everyone that I know who went absolutely loved it.

Do you go to UCSC??  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:45 pm
OceaNova
Katze Allemon-Schatten

Do you go to UCSC??

No, I go to Oberlin College. It is in northern Ohio, USA.  

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Gummy burrs

Ghostly Regular

14,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:28 pm
I haven't been to any drag shows, but I have seen part of the movie Paris is burning, which is all about people who do drag, in Harlem I believe.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff