[Blessing] Better than Me [Mercy/Lull][Fin!]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:26 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

He hated her. Hated her kindness. Hated her beauty. Hated how she made him feel. At first he had wanted to destroy her. To crush her. But then he had faced her and that desire had crumbled like an unsteady riverbank beneath his hooves. So he had pretended instead. No Mercy had put on an act better than he had ever had in his life. This time it didn’t falter, not like it had with those others does. They had known him for what he was. They had seen his innate cruelty. This one, this Paradise, would know nothing.

Tonight he would go back one last time. Then he would run until he no longer felt like a monster. But for now he rested on damp swamp ground, fury clawing at his heart. Oh, how he hated her.

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:55 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The mare trotted along slowly. If she had been a wave cresting forward, the owlcat two steps behind would have been riding it to shore. Instead it walked in a rhythm all it's own -- largely due to the muskrat grasped tight in it's jaws.

She had been intent on seeking out intelligent company. And as fate intervened, she had instead taken out her annoyance on the muskrat her owlcat form now carted around. So few kin that saw beyond their noses. It was downright frustrating.

First, she'd get rid of the muskrat and then she'd think. Or something -- her thoughts stalled as she came upon the green buck. Vivid. An inverted carrot. "I hope your name is not Carrot," she mused aloud.

Ruriska

anemosagkelos

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:30 pm
A voice tore him out of his daydream of pummeling Paradise into a bloody, unattractive mess. His head jerked up and he blinked owlishly at the mare; his gaze moving slowly from her to the Owlcat and then back again. Interesting. The buck stood, rising to his hooves with a deep sigh.

“No. It’s not.” He stared at her, managing curiosity and hostility in the same expression. “It’s No Mercy.” He couldn't be bothered pretending for this one. He had done enough acting. While he made no move towards her, there was a stillness to him that suggested he could easily slip into violence.

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:40 pm
Ruriska
Violence did not scare her. She was perfectly content to be violent herself. However she did not move closer.

"A better name to be sure considering the way you're glowering at me," she laughed and then seemed to swallow the sound whole. A calmness settled on her face as she fixed her gazed on him. "Now, what do you want." He had to want something -- a blessing more than likely -- since she never did seem to meet kin otherwise.  

anemosagkelos

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:48 pm
"Want…?" He echoed and frowned with a childlike confusion. There had been anger a second before, for being laughed at, but that was gone now as he puzzled over the question. The way she spoke made him feel as though she had arrived for a specific purpose and expected a real answer.

What did he want? A lot of things. Most of them shallow. Deep down however, in the places he hated to look, there was the desire to have someone who understood him. He wanted to not be quite what he was. He wanted happiness. Yes, there were a lot of thing he wanted. But he would never have them.

"Nothing." He replied sharply.

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:10 pm
Ruriska
Oh they never wanted nothing. There wasn't a kin in the world who wanted nothing. A scoff in the back of her throat announced her opinion on his reply. "Everyone wants something." A lesson she had learned a very long time ago.

She let her knees bend and settled in front of him, eyes boring into him and waiting. "Be honest. I wouldn't be here if you didn't want something," and it was a rather sad commentary on her existence.  

anemosagkelos

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:25 pm
His nostrils flared and all of a sudden No Mercy was afraid of this strange female with her unflinching stare and her questions. "Who are you?" He demanded, trying and failing to meet her gaze. "I want you to go away, that’s what I want." If he was honest with her about what he really wanted, it would mean being honest with himself and that was not something he was capable of handling.

He shifted uncomfortably, seeking an answer that would make her leave. Mercy doubted she would go anywhere until she was satisfied. "I want them to understand." He finally blurted out. Who them was and what exactly he wanted them to understand he didn't elaborate on.

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:33 pm
Ruriska
There were so many ways she could respond to that. His fear, however, made her opt for the more simplistic way. "A legendary, of course. You may call me Lull in Sunlight." A subtle bow of her head.

"Intelligent as I am, them and what are still viable questions." She arched a scaly brow and sighed. It would have been easier to pull his teeth. "Let us start anew." Quietness fell as she thought. No point in planting thoughts, no time to be subtle. She'd have to be blunt. "Is there a doe?"  

anemosagkelos

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:42 pm
Oh.

He’d heard of those.

When she mentioned a doe, No Mercy visibly flinched. Could she see into his head? Could she see how much he both desired Paradise and desired to hurt her? He lifted his head defiantly. "There’s always a doe." He thought of Cornice and Prowl. They had spurned him. He had shown them who he was and they had turned away in disgust.

"I won’t really hurt her," he admitted, expecting this legendary to understand exactly what he was talking about. "I just want one night. She’s different from the others."

anemosagkelos
Sorry he's so difficult. xD

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:03 pm
Ruriska
It's fine; it doesn't bother me! /shoves a sock in Lull's mouth
He seemed to be in such a confusing place. Violence to fear to -- the laughter sounded only in her head at the defiant look he threw her. "Unless there's a buck," she corrected, almost kindly.

She considered his words, wondered if he could even get a doe. He spoke in circles and while she gleaned information, it did not all give way to knowledge. "Usually, kin come to me for blessings of a clutch. Not for blessings in wooing or a how-to guide." There was no annoyance, not even exasperation (which was quite astounding), in her voice. Only fact.  

anemosagkelos

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:25 pm
anemosagkelos
<3

"I didn’t come to you. You came to me." No Mercy said, looking confused and a little desperate. He was doing his best to understand what she wanted from him. But his own nature was blocking his attempts to answer her questions properly.

"She’s not… I don’t…" He had offspring out there already. He barely knew them. Those he did know seemed to have as many issues as he did. If Paradise had his children, would they be the same? "Can you make them not like me?" Mercy asked, hissing out the words if they pained him.

This would be the first and last time he would ask for such a thing. This was the only gift he would ever try to give to any of his offspring.  
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:34 pm
Ruriska
"That I can do." And yet nothing came from her mouth. She took in all that she had noticed, all that she had heard, and thought. Basic intelligence would not be enough. Eventually, satisfied she began to speak.

"Your children shall not be prone to destructive urges or fear introspection. They shall be intelligent and take after their mother." That should ease his fears or neurosis as it were.  

anemosagkelos

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 6:17 pm
anemosagkelos

"Yes, yes. That will do." No Mercy gave a satisfied hiss. It felt as though he had done something good. Something right.

He studied the Legendary before and then suddenly closed his eyes, shutting her away. "You should go now." Mercy would remember this Legendary. He would hold onto his gratitude and hold the memory of her like a trophy.  
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:40 pm
Ruriska
Yes. She should go before she stomped a hoof down on his head. No manners at all.

Mare and owlcat left; she left the muskrat. Maybe if he had something in his mouth he would put his foot in it so often.  

anemosagkelos

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff