Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Do you even lift? (Evan/Lex)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Inle-roo

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:39 pm
Evan had been pleased to discover that Deus had a fairly decent gym. Where nearly everything else in the facility was runic this or Fear that, the gym housed a completely mundane set of exercise machines and equipment that was a breath of fresh air in its normality. Evan took advantage of it on a daily basis, not only as part of his regular routine, but to ground himself in a corner of the island that had nothing to do with monsters or killing things or remembering why he was here in the first place.

It had become a sort of refuge after the mission in the Sahara. In the gym, Evan could lose himself in the repetitive motions of exercise rather than focusing on dying over and over, on the way he had failed and Stormy had died and turned into that thing--

/Eleventy-seven, fifteen twenty, forty a million,/ Gir chimed in as Evan was doing pushups, bringing him back to the present. /You've been doing this forever,/ he whined. /At least do something else!/

"Quit your yapping, pup," Evan grumbled, but got up anyway. He supposed to could move on to pull ups next.

/Seventy nine, a googledyplex, twelve,/ Gir counted loudly as Evan ignored him.

Carhop Cavalier

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:29 pm
As Evan was being distracted by his own weapon, a tall brunette was having a heated mental debate with a haughty uptight Gryphon, about the subject of a sentence in one of the older texts he'd been studying.

<< Whelp, it's just a simple anecdote. The hieroglyphs are just depicting a tale of some idiotic Gryphon who was sympathetic to humans and ended up being tamed and used for a guard dog. >>

< So you're telling me all they myths and legends of your race guarding nobility's treasure aren't true? Where did we get those stories, then? >

<< We guarded the treasure of Reaper nobility - not simple Humans. >>

Biting his lip as he worked a response out in his head, Lex got up off the floor from his last set of crunches. < But that one Gryphon had to have given his tamers something for when he dissipated, right? To keep the treasure protected? >>

<< Maybe? It's not an actual story though, whelp. It's just fiction. >>

An inward sigh, and Lex decided on pull ups next. Or, he would have, if someone weren't using the bar. "Say..." He approached the man, not wanting to interrupt his workout, but extremely curious about his grumblings. "You do know you can speak with your weapon mentally, right?" He smiled so as not to be rude, and kept a light and joking tone to his voice. "Almost done on that?"

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

Inle-roo

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:57 pm
Evan blinked out of the mild stupor that came with repeating an overly familiar movement and listening to his weapon make up numbers for each one. He gave the stranger an exaggerated look of shock at this apparent revelation that shifted in a blink to mild annoyance. "Yeah, I know," he replied, "but it's rude to talk over someone, even in your own head."

/But I do it all the time!/

Case in point. What number are we--

/Eight million nine hundrety billion seventy twoooooo. And a half./

"Just got started, actually, I think. Could be a while," Evan said, his lips twitching into a smirk.

Carhop Cavalier

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 6:32 pm
"Oh." Lex stated, crossing his arms with a light smirk and a quirked brow. "Well, forgive me for being a bit rude, but you've been on the bar for a good five minutes now." He nodded to the clock, and then looked back to the man. "Then again, there's not a time limit." He shrugged, still grinning.
"Name's Lex, by the way. You?"

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

Inle-roo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:21 pm
"Long as you're only a bit rude, I'll let it slide," Evan replied, turning his head to look up at the clock. He frowned; that couldn't be right. He shouldn't even be able to hold onto the bar after five straight minutes of pull ups, let alone still be doing them like he was only on his first one. Huh. He straightened his legs and dropped to the ground, rolling his shoulders to test for soreness and surprised to find none.

/I fixed you!/ Gir exclaimed a little smugly. /I'm the best!/

That was unexpected, but certainly not unwelcome; he'd have to try that again later, when there wasn't someone breathing down his neck for their turn. "Evan," he replied when asked for his name. "Sun. I'm surprised to see someone else down here; most of the people I've met so far don't seem like they'd even know what half this equipment is, let alone how to use it."  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:54 pm
Letting out a hearty laugh, Lex rolled his shoulders and getting some chalk on his hands. "Well, most of the Life division is either not incline to physical exercise, or just too overworked for it. Ami, for example, is both." He chuckled, grabbing onto the bar and starting to pull himself up by squeezing his shoulder blades.

"You're pretty strong, I'm not going to say I'm not impressed." Grunting, he continued his reps as he spoke. "I only did this to look good, in all honesty. And, well, you have to be able to deal with the violent drunk assholes some nights." He dropped down, giving another shrug. "You?"

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

Inle-roo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:03 pm
Evan nodded at Lex's justification. It seemed reasonable enough; Life's duties seemed lot less physically demanding than his own division's, so it was probably less of an imperative for them to stay physically fit and more of just a good idea. He perked up as he heard a name he recognized. "Oh, you know Ami?" He almost immediately felt dumb for asking. If they were both in Life, it would only make sense for them to know each other, never mind that Evan himself hadn't really met any other Suns yet.

He shrugged it off, opting instead to smile at the other Hunter at the compliment. "Thanks, man," he replied with no small amount of pride. He worked hard to keep himself in shape, and even though it was for utility more than vanity, he was still happy to do it. "I served. Staying fit makes basic a hell of a lot easier, and it just became routine to do it after...after that," he said, turning towards the free weights.

His smile dimmed a bit as he picked a weight from the bottom. "Violent, drunk assholes," he repeated. "Is that kind of a thing around here? Something worth worrying about?"  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games