Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]
The 5th Darkness || Open & Accepting ||

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Admiral Frog

Fashionable Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:27 pm
User Image

]
                                    ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

✖ ✖ ✖ Created By: Moni the Admiral Frog
                                        ✖ ✖ ✖ Designed By: Moni the Admiral Frog
                                        ✖ ✖ ✖ Genre: Dark Science Fiction.
                                        ✖ ✖ ✖ Inspiration: Fragment, Final Fantasy 7 and a plethora of Comics.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:29 pm
User Image

Precursor:

XXXXXThe Fifth Darkness is a period in history where the absence of intelligence and the rule of money have taken control over every aspect of human life. It is considered to be a, "re-occurring age of darkness." There were four other periods of Darkness before and all of them ended in the destruction and re-creation of the world. Humanity has yet to learn from those previous experiences and instead create new ways of killing itself faster. Thus the Periods of Darkness grow shorter and shorter.

Common Era:

XXXXXThe Fifth Earth is a carcass in comparison to what it once was. Most of the continents, before populated by millions, are now vacant wastelands roamed by creatures of untold horror. The three major cities, Victory's Gate, Syracuse and Eden, are the only bastions that civilization has left to cling to. Despite all the wars fought over freedom the people remain imprisoned by a government that strives for money, power and above all else complete and utter control.

The Nationalist's Republic Administration maintains their power over the human populace by deciding the fate of every citizen left on Earth. Each new child born is given a special ID bracelet which classifies what stature they will be in life. When a civilian, or better known as a, "Glow," (derived from the feint glow their ID bracelet gives off) is defiant of their stature or against the Government in general they are hunted down and punished. Sometimes with death, as a way to remind the public eye the domination the NRA has over the world.

However, a group of rebels known as The Fifth Column, lead by a mysterious individual who calls itself, "Paradox," are chancing the safety of their lives in order to rid the world of the megalomaniacal government that has been in place for far too long. The NRA's reaches run deep and their technology is constantly advancing. The Fifth Column must find a way to expand their numbers or else cast the world into the Fifth Darkness. Dooming Earth to repeat history forever.

Where you come in:

You are an average citizen. Your life has been decided for you. Your job, who you hang out with, even where you live. You are tired of it. Close to your breaking point and you know this can't be the life you wanted. While meandering around the world wide web, the part you are allowed to venture through, you receive a message. A message from the Fifth Column. They are asking you to join them. You have to decide what to do with the message...... You can change your life and be part of something important, or, go back to being controlled like a mindless puppet.

Glossary of Terms:

Glow: A civilian, characterized by the feint glow given off from their Identification Bracelet. It is considered a derogatory term.
                                        Victory's Gate: Is the world's capitol. It is the heart of the NRA. The upper class who have pledged their devotion to the NRA live more than comfortably in this city. Maximum security.
                                        Syracuse: Considered to be, "middle class," in this time period. Modest homes, modest jobs, streets are clean and crime is at an all time low. Minimum security.
                                        Eden: The poorest of the three cities. Anyone who was born with a low class paying job, lives here. The housing is tight knit, the streets and alley ways are filthy and little care is in place to dampen the crime rate. There is no security checkpoints until you leave the city. Guards posted at every corner make it difficult to go as you please without getting shot.
                                        NRA: The Nationalist's Republic Administration was established roughly 300 years ago by the Victory family. (Which is why an entire city was named as such) Alexander Victory was the first NRA member and its creator, he is also the one who designed the ID bracelet.
                                        SIN: Systematically Intelligent Nucleotids is what SIN stands for. These mechanical AI are NRA's last line of defense. They represent the most dangerous obstacle for the Fifth Column. Because they are machines, they can be created rapidly in an assembly line factory making them a priceless asset for the NRA. The thing that makes them the most frightening is that they make a high pitched tone in human ears due to their mechanics being linked to one of NRA's most important satellites. Long exposure to SIN creates headaches. The sound is unbearable.

Admiral Frog

Fashionable Lunatic

Admiral Frog

Fashionable Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:31 pm
User Image

✖ ✖ ✖ Gaian T.O.S will always apply.

✖ ✖ ✖ Don't be a jerk. Respect people and their creations. Disagreence is not your job, that is mine. However, if you feel you have been treated unfairly, bring it to my attention VIA private message. I am forthcoming with justice.

✖ ✖ ✖ I am not God, however, if you decide to leave your intelligence brief case at home, your character will have an overtly difficult time.... I can assure you of that.

✖ ✖ ✖ Language is whatever, just so long as you aren't dropping the no-no bombs every five seconds. If you aren't into language, you have a language filter for a reason. Utilize the tools given.

✖ ✖ ✖ I enjoy creative characters, creative posts and creative new ideas. One liners are considered not creative. Please avoid them at all times. There will be one liner posts as I add new settings, NPC's or time shifts, but that is all that I will allow.

✖ ✖ ✖ Please enjoy your time.

✖ ✖ ✖ You will notice that with all these rules of mine, Godmodding is not amongst them. That is because by now, I shouldn't have to say anything. You know what is expected of you and I have complete faith in your understanding of it. However, if you are a prime piece of the story at the current moment and you dip out without word, I will personally move your character. I will not let my thread die. Please keep that in mind.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:35 pm
User Image

Please read through this profile before you copy the code. There are some rules and regulations to some aspects of this skeleton. Once you have finished, please PM the completed character to me for approval. I will PM you if your character has been accepted. I am basically good natured so there wont be denials unless you seriously did the bare minimum.

"CHARACTERQUOTEHERE"

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

•• Identification....

Character's Full Name

•• Age....

I will not allow children in this role-play. Basically, don't be under 21. I feel like teenagers don't make good decisions in life so it would be out of character for them to do so now. Hormones cannot be denied. So... pick a good age.

•• Birth Place....

Victory's Gate, Syracuse, Eden or the Wastelands.

•• Stature....

Career. The NRA's ID bracelets automatically decide for you what career path you are to pursue. If you were born in Victory's Gate, you most likely will have some of the best jobs out there I.E: celebrity, actor, singer, musician, politician and so on. If you were born in Syracuse, you would be a lawyer, teacher, army, police officer and so on. If you were born in Eden, you were not so lucky. You get career choices such as: miner, janitor, maid, butler, department store clerks. Low entry jobs are looked down upon. If you were born in the Wastelands, you more than likely don't have a career and are basically surviving.

•• Faction....

Are you with the Fifth Column or the NRA?

•• Physical Description....

This does not have to be long, this space is reserved for things that we cannot see in your image. Such as tattoos or unslightly body hair.

•• Persona....

Character's personality. Characters that are super calm but have a terrible anger problem are seriously lame. Please remember not to make your characters contradict themselves. (It's a pet peeve of mine)

•• Confessions....

Your character's back story. This is really more for me, so I can find a good place for you in the RP. Just remember to tell us all that you feel we need to know. I will tell you if you need to re-do this section.

•• Soundtrack....

A song that defines your character. Leave this blank if you don't want to fill it out. This is optional

•• Speech Color....

Whatever your speech color shall be. If you opt out and just use black, leave this blank. It is optional.

•• Overseer....

Your Gaian Name Here please.

If you want to add more details, you are more than welcome to add your own flare to this layout. Just make sure you get all the required information.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[align=center][size=13]"CHARACTERQUOTEHERE"[/size][/align]
                                        [align=center]
                                        [img]malformed url[/img][/align]

[size=10]
                                        •• Identification.... [/size]
                                        [size=11] Your Text Here[/size]

[size=10]
                                        •• Age.... [/size]
                                        [size=11]Your Text Here[/size]

[size=10]
                                        •• Birth Place.... [/size]

[size=10]
                                        •• Stature.... [/size]
                                        [size=11]Your Text Here[/size]

[size=10]
                                        •• Faction.... [/size]

[size=10]
                                        •• Physical Description.... [/size]

[size=10]
                                        •• Persona.... [/size]
                                        [size=11] Your Text Here [/size]

[size=10]
                                        •• Confessions.... [/size]
                                        [size=11] Your Text Here [/size]

[size=10]
                                        •• Soundtrack.... [/size]

[size=10]
                                        •• Speech Color.... [/size]

[size=10]
                                        •• Overseer.... [/size]

Admiral Frog

Fashionable Lunatic

Admiral Frog

Fashionable Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:36 pm
User Image

User Image
                                    xx ██ █▐ x NAME: : Abigail Marcus

xx ██ █▐ x FACTION: : The Fifth Column

xx ██ █▐ x COLOR : : Chocolate

xx ██ █▐ x OVERSEER: : Admiral Frog

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User Imagexx ██ █▐ x NAME: : Zumi "Oracle," Black

xx ██ █▐ x FACTION: : Wanderer/The Fifth Column

xx ██ █▐ x COLOR : : Dark Cyan

xx ██ █▐ x OVERSEER: : Call Me Fear

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:37 pm
User Image

User Image
                                        xx ██ █▐ x NAME: : Kisa "Kitty" Rho

xx ██ █▐ x FACTION: : NRA

xx ██ █▐ x COLOR : : Indigo

xx ██ █▐ x OVERSEER: : mc2

Admiral Frog

Fashionable Lunatic

Admiral Frog

Fashionable Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:40 pm
User Image

The world, since having been technically destroyed four times before the present day, looks much different. I am sticking to Earth, but not as we know it.

User Image
                                        xx ██ █▐ x NAME: : Paradox

xx ██ █▐ x Faction: : Character Faction

xx ██ █▐ x INTEL: :
                                        Paradox is the relentless mastermind of the Fifth Column. He or She is responsible for commanding those who wish to liberate the world from the NRA. Paradox has never been seen before and always appears as a black screen with green lettering with a mechanical female voice. Lieutenants of the Fifth Column receive their missions via a secured line. Other than that, nothing of this individual is known.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User Image
                                        xx ██ █▐ x NAME: : Victory's Gate

xx ██ █▐ x FACTION: : N.R.A

Victory's Gate is home to the NRA. The high class of society dwells around the large NRA headquarters building. Within this city are security check points at each stoplight which read the ID bracelets of every single person. Traveling through this city when not authorize to do so could mean death.

User Image
                                        xx ██ █▐ x NAME: : Syracuse

xx ██ █▐ x FACTION: : N.R.A/Civilians

Syracuse is in all regards as futuristic suburbia. Middle class calls this place home. The city is controlled by the N.R.A and people would turn a blind eye to The Fifth Column in order to preserve their own lives.

User Image
                                        xx ██ █▐ x NAME: : Eden

xx ██ █▐ x FACTION: :Civilian/The Fifth Column

Aside from the outskirts of Eden, this city is controlled entirely by civilians. Every house is connected

User Image
                                        xx ██ █▐ x NAME: : The Wastelands

xx ██ █▐ x FACTION: : Unknown

The wastelands are just as the name implies. The land surrounding the last three major cities of Earth. You can find anything from large ships rusting from years in battle, to skeletons of dead long ago. Some people make their homes out here, but the land is not very hospitable and legend says the wastelands are filled with monsters.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:42 pm
User Image]

Up in the central control room of the NRA's CIA satellite building. Abbie was typing diligently on the computer in front of her while Brice guarded the door, eyeing the hall way with his gun outstretched. "You need to hurry Ghost...." He narrowed his eyes against the darkness in the hallway.

"I am working on it...." Abbie looked down at her laptop and back again at the computer. "This encryption is delicate..."

"Delicate or not, in two minutes we are out of here." Brice let down his gun and leaned against the back wall.

"I am almost there! God. Finally!" Abbie slammed her laptop closed and threw it back into her backpack. She gathered the rest of her things and headed towards the door, a loud piercing bell sounded over head.

"s**t..." Brice grit his teeth and shut the door, locking them both inside."Look for a new way out.It's not gonna be that way."

"I don't know!" She dialed a number on her phone and after two rings got her contact. "Kael! I need an exit route!" It almost seemed as though she were yelling.

"We need to hurry Ghost! I can hear SIN!"

"Here!" Abbie dived to the floor and ripped open the air duct screen and threw her back pack inside. "Come on!" Abbie crawled inside afterwards and called back for Brice. An explosion rippled through the room and the door flew passed Brice, hitting the central control panel. "Come on Brice!" Abbie screamed again before she heard him behind her. However, when she looked back, Brice was not following. In fact, he put the screen back on and was kneeling near the vent.

"You have to get the message out. I will hold them off." Brice turned towards the door and fired five rounds into the doorway which was now flooded with light. "Long live the Fifth Column."

Abbie hurried down the air duct, hearing Brice's screams before she turned down another corridor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You Fifth Column filth make me sick....." A man dressed in a jet black suit coupled with a pair of white gloves, crossed the threshold of the central chamber. His shoes, shined and polished possibly that morning, gleamed in the bright light; cascading footsteps throughout the room.

Brice pinned down by two mechanical figures, struggled under their grasp. Two bullet wounds in his left shoulder were oozing blood despite the pressure put against them. "Piss off." Brice, with a mouth full of his own blood, spit across the man's shoes.

The man sighed and bent down beside Brice."You know what I hate most about you?" He wiped off the blood from his shoes with a handkerchief that was tucked neatly in his front pocket."No matter how many of you I put a bullet in, three more take its place." He tossed the handkerchief down on top of him."I am going to ask you this only once. What message did you send out?"

Brice was silent. Keeping his eyes on the door he and Abbie had come through. The man looked up at the mechanical creatures keeping Brice captive and the one on his left dug its foot deeper into Brice's wound. He screamed, gritting his teeth in a snarl. He managed to lift his shaking hand, now covered in his own blood and gave the man the bird.

"Have it your way." Dress suit man stood back to his feet and eyed the technician slamming away at the keyboard.

"I got through sir. Here it is."

"Seems like your friends aren't as invisible as they like to think they are." He smiled, sadistically and stared at the computer screens. The symbol of the Fifth Column Illuminated the room. But nothing else appeared.

"What's going on?"

The technician continued typing. "I... I don't know!"

The screen went blank and was replaced with the image of a human skull laughing evilly. The man in the suit narrowed his eyes against the image, took out his gun and shot Brice square between the eyes. Brice's body lay motionless on the floor as the mechanical creatures retracted their hold over him.

"Find that message. You don't leave this room until you do. I want to know what was sent." He left the room in a huff, the AI machines following suit behind him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those of you joining us as neutral parties, the Fifth Column has sent you this message through an encrypted line on your computer.

Seekers of Freedom.

You will see the light. Help us give humanity and freedom back to the people. Join us. We will be waiting.

Long Live the Fifth Column.

Admiral Frog

Fashionable Lunatic

Admiral Frog

Fashionable Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:15 pm
XXXXXXXXXXUser Image

↘↘ ▶▶ H E L L O ∥∥ D A R K N E S S ∥∥ M Y∥∥ O L D ∥∥ F R I E N D ▸ ▸ ▸

As Abigail's vehicle approached the Fifth Column compound, one of the smaller out in the Wastelands, the sentries flagged her in. It was not the same Jeep that Brice had been driving as that car was currently being detailed by the NRA. They would scrap that down to mere parts in hopes of figuring out whose fault the attack was. However Ghost and Chameleon were an unstoppable team. At least, they were.

She parked the Jeep in the unmarked parking lot and hurriedly got out. One of the Fifth Column Lieutenants whose name she was forgetting at the moment, approached her, clip board in hand. "We found the signal. As directed it was encrypted upon encrypted. The NRA are running circles around it. I cannot believe you pulled it off." There was a warm smile on his face, however, Abigail seemed less enthused. She continued her march onward towards her stationed home. "Where's Brice?" He called after her.

She stopped dead in her tracks, turned, and threw down a metallic object in which the Lieutenant picked up. All she heard as she continued her march were loud chatter and the words: "Oh God." And that was it.

Abigail threw open the door to her home with enough force to tear it off of its hinges. Ripping off her back pack she hurled it across the room, knocking over a few terracotta flower pots and pictures from the shelves it made contact with. The laptop therein shattered into what sounded like pieces but Abigail paid it no heed. Though her mission was a success, Brice was gone and there was nothing in this world that was going to bring him back.

The tiny AI bots that were still currently active had scurried into whatever hidden crevices they could find, fearing for their own safety. However Abigail had never so much as deactivated one of her own creations, even if its time had run short. Life was valuable, even in a time like this. One of the braver bots whose name had been Courage, her mother's favorite, stood in the doorway, turning it's retina towards her. It moved out of her way as she stepped towards the table and threw herself into one of her bar stools. There was a moment of silence, all the little AI bots clambering out of their hide-e-holes before Abbie stood up again and threw all of the things that were on her table to the floor. The shattering of glass and broken plates echoed through the house and out of the still open door. The little bots scurried back once again into their hiding spots.

"Dammit!" She yelled at the top of her lungs, falling back onto the bar stool with her head in her hands. As a member of the Fifth Column and as a civilian in general, she should be used to the sight of death. The loss of important life, the NRA took it so frequently that it should seem like a routine. However, Brice was her friend and he had given up his life for not only the cause but for her. Abigail felt responsible for his death. She could have done something.... anything....

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:04 pm
Admiral Frog

User Image
User Image
┃Someone is at fault here.┃Annoyed┃

Zumi came in a little while after Ghost had arrived at the compound. On the way there he was informed of the mission's success and what they had recovered from the NRA. He pulled out his laptop and examined the part of the data that was declassified and sighed to himself. The driver of the car looked up at him a bit worried about what Zumi thought of the whole thing. "Soo....Um...what do you think of the whole thing? You know, what happened to ghost and her partner? It was sad reall-" The driver was interrupted by a hard tug on his shoulder and looked up at Zumi. "What do you mean? The mission was a success wasn't it? What happened to Ghost and her partner? Huh? Tell me!" The driver looked back at the road, his eyes showed fear as he answered Zumi. "They didn't tell you sir? Ghost's partner was killed in action. They just told us over the radio transmission."

As Zumi pulled up to the compound he jumped out of the jeep before it even stopped moving. He walked quickly over to the Lieutenant that was waiting by the entrance. "Sir, Ghost arrived shortly before you did. The mission was a success. Did you finish your objective as well?" Zumi looked at him a bit annoyed and handed him the laptop he was holding. He eyed the man angrily for a second which made the guard feel uncomfortable. "S-sir? You yo-" Zumi grabbed the man by the collar and calmly looked at the man. "Why didn't anyone tell me about what happened? What happened out there?!" His voice was stern and cold, the man tried to answer. "I-I-I don't know sir b-but..." Zumi dropped the man's collar and headed inside the compound.

Zumi looked around the hallways and all the usual spots where Ghost might have been. At this point it would have been okay to call her by her real name though. He looked through the mess hall, weapons room, and even the gym before asking a few people where she might have gone to right away. A few people mentioned there being loud noises by her house. He decided that it would be best to check there even though that was probably where he should have checked first. He walked back to the housing and came up to Abigail's door. He took a deep breath was about to open it before he noticed that the door itself was ruined. He pushed it open and walked inside seeing the damage she had done out of what he thought was rage. "Abigail?" He walked around the house until he saw her sitting on a stool. He approached her slowly and placed a hand on her back lightly. "Abigail?"

User Image  

Wuufi

OG Fox

Admiral Frog

Fashionable Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:41 am
XXXXXXXXXXUser Image

'Long live the Fifth Column....' The sound of Brice's last words resonated in her memory like a nightmare. It just kept repeating over and over again, relentless in its pursuit to break her. However, Abigail was stronger than that, Brice knew she was stronger than that, and it was that thought that brought Abigail back to reality. Brice sacrificed himself not for a weak sheep in the herd, but someone he trusted to continue this fight and bring freedom to the people that deserved it. If there was one thing she could promise him now, it was that until her very last breath, she would not stop.

There was a photo on the wall above her, one that had been taken quite a few months ago. Brice was standing beside Abigail holding bunny ears over her head. She knew he was doing it but she held her smile regardless. There were a few others there, important people that were still alive also making random faces at the camera. That is what kept her going through the day, a reminder of what she was fighting for. What fed her anger like kindling to the flame. Abigail was lost in her own thoughts despite her name having been called out.

'Abigail?' For a second it sounded like Brice coming through the door, the entire ordeal had just been one really bad dream and she was finally waking up. Fell asleep at her table full of work to be done per usual. However, that was not Brice's voice. He wasn't coming back, that much she knew. A hand reached her back and that brought her out of her daydream. She shot out of her chair, knocking the chair out of the way and took a step back; her side arm now pointed straight out in front of her with Zumi at the other end. Abigail's breathing was heavy, her chest heaving in and out, the gun even slightly shaking to and fro before she realized what she had done.

"Zumi.." She said shakily and slowly let down her guard. "Jesus Christ, you scared the hell out of me." The side arm found its way back into its holster at her side, Abigail reached for her chair and put it back upon its legs. "Sorry." She said, taking in a deep breath for what felt to be the first time in hours. "I'm a little jumpy." She admitted, slumping back into her seat and pointed to the one on the left which she offered to Zumi.

Some of the AI bots in the background were buzzing and whistling as the picked up the pieces of broken glass now scattered across the floor. Courage climbed on top of the table and offered a handkerchief, probably read her emotional patterns and thought she was crying. She took it regardless and watched it scurry off towards the kitchen. "Excuse the mess I have been... domesticating."

Down below the AI had finished cleaning the mess on the floor, they worked together to open the garbage can and dump the remains. Abigail played with a glass shard they had forgotten on the table. "I am guessing you heard the news?" Zumi was another one of those people standing in her photo. Having known him, probably longer that most, he was the only one she would allow around her in times like these. "Brice is gone."

Call Me Fear

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:25 pm
Admiral Frog

User Image
User Image
┃....┃Calm┃

As she shot up from her seat he couldn't help but stand there and stare at her. He knew that she might have been jumpy so he expected that sort of reaction. And under the circumstances right now he would have been more surprised if she didn't jump up at him. Being that he didn't properly call out to her as he walked in he figured that just letting her go on the defensive would be alright at the current time. He watched her carefully until she realized what she had done.

"Sorry Abigail. I would have knock but you seemed to remodel the door over there." He used his thumb to point over his shoulder and to the door which was almost off the hinges. He shook his head at her apology and dismissively shook his hand. "There is nothing to be sorry about Abigail. Don't worry about it. I figured you'd be jumpy right now." He watched her take a seat on the stood and kindly took the offer of the seat and sat down next to her facing the bar. "Thanks for the seat."

He watched as the bots rolled around all over the place and started to pick things up. He didn't notice how much damage was actually done to the place until right then. He sighed as he inspected the destruction and looked back up at Abigail as she spoke. "I can see that..." He took a deep breath and patted her softly on the back before folding his hands on the table to think to himself for a second before he spoke again.

He nodded when she asked him if he had heard the news of Brice's death. It came down hard on him but he didn't want to show it in front of Abigail right now. As she spoke the word 'gone' he sighed again, his suspicions were finally backed up and put to rest. Brice, a close friend and Abigail's partner, was gone for good. "Yeah. I heard about that."[/color He looked at her for a second before looking away again. "You gonna be okay?"

User Image  

Wuufi

OG Fox

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 6:10 am
User Image
User Image
Why fight a losing battle?

Meanwhile, three hours after the message was sent by the Fifth Column, Kisa Rho was busy attending the engagement party of her older brother, who had disappeared at least twice to answer various phone calls. The party had officially started two hours ago and had been planned meticulously for over a month. Kisa had attended the party dateless this time. Across the room, Kisa's older sister was chatting with her husband, some medium level politician who specialized in media control, and various colleagues. Their two children were thankfully at home, presumably with a nanny. Kisa wasn't particularly fond of children and she would be at least expected to dote on her niece and nephew for a few minutes if they had been there. Like every event she had attended since the age of fifteen, Kisa dressed to stand out, as that was the job assigned to her. She didn't mind. Today she had shown up wearing a somewhat short bright silk dress with a fairly high slit, showing a fair amount of skin, wearing black ankle boots and lace tights. It was the dress of a star who was in many ways considered a fashion icon. More importantly, it was also Kisa's way of giving a polite nod towards her brother's fiancé, her future sister-in-law. The future sister-in-law was assigned the job of fashion designing for those of Victory's Gate. It was one of those perfect placement stories, the woman's talents suited the job quite well.

Kitty spotted her brother’s fiancé, an average height woman even wearing heels, who was merely pretty, dressed in a more traditional and classic white lace dress who was looking a bit distressed. With a smile, Kisa asked, “Something wrong?”

“Huh? Oh, Kitty… so nice to see you, I see you are wearing one of my designs. That was really nice of you,” She said quickly, sounding a bit distracted. “It is a beautiful design. It is a joy to wear such a beautiful design,” Kisa answered with a smile before repeating her question. “Is something wrong?” “Oh, no… well... I guess I was wondering where your brother ran off to,” She said quietly with a frown. “He keeps disappearing on me. This is the third time. I mean he probably has a reason, right?”

Kisa held a smile, she had noticed it as well (and more), many of those of higher ranks in the political field were on edge. And her brother wouldn’t be so distracted at his own engagement party to a charming, pretty girl like his fiancé, unless something big was happening. Instead of stating her rational suspicions, she lied smoothly, “Of course he does. I’m sure he’s just nervous and has an upset stomach or something. It would be nerve-wracking for any man to be standing next to such a charming fiancé who has so many eyes on her.” With a slight bow of her head she said, “If you will excuse me, I think I will find myself something to drink. Don’t worry and enjoy the party. You are the star.”

She held her smile as she reached the bar and ordered some filtered water. The truth of the matter is while the girl was pretty, and indeed charming, but she was merely a designer for high class Victory's Gate citizens-her job wasn’t to be in the spotlight it was to make other’s shine- thus, the girl while she may be the main subject of the particular party she wasn’t going to be the star at any event. That wasn’t her regulated position. The woman was probably smart enough to know that, even, all things considered. In the end, it was stupid to try and fight the system. Just like Kisa knew something had many of the politicians on pins and needles that evening, she knew it wasn’t her job to investigate or worry about it, and in fact she shouldn't even note it until it was brought up directly to her.

Kisa wouldn't investigate, but it was impossible for her to not notice. She knew people's behavior quite well, someone without an average or above average eye for people and a bit cleverness might not have noticed, but that wasn't her. In the end though, she would do as she always did, if she was expected to give an opinion on a matter she would be told to do so, and like always she would have a flawless answer when the moment arose. Till then she would ignore the tension in several of the party-goers. Holding a polite smile as various people passed she sipped her water, watching but not interacting.

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:45 pm
XXXXXXXXXXUser Image

"Since when have you ever worried about having to knock at my place?" She asked with a light chuckle in her voice. Of course, she did realize how frightening it must have sound on the outside, Abbie and her rage fit that is.

She reflected on the idea. Okay? She hadn't been okay in a very long time. The last time she felt that feeling she was eleven years old, back when there was much more prosperity within the Fifth Column. Back then getting back at the NRA was a cake walk because they had the element of surprise. While the resistance spent its time gathering resources just to feed themselves through the year, the NRA just developed new ways to slaughter innocent people and use the resistance as a scapegoat. A lot of the civilians felt that the Fifth Column was just an anarchist's way of creating chaos and turmoil. Little did they know what the NRA was doing to them as a people. Choosing their stature in life, taking away personal freedoms for the sake of freedom. That was, in Abbie's opinion, counter productive, however, humanity seemed ready to give up their lives for that so called freedom they thought that the NRA was giving them.

"I am going to have to be okay." She finally answered, looking down at her hands that were once shaking. She could feel the blood slowly stop pumping fervently through her system. Her heart stopped racing and she felt her muscles relax. It was a good feeling, mostly brought along by Zumi's presence. She doubt she would have felt half as calm if she were to have remained alone, despite the fact she felt she needed to be."Thanks for sitting with me. I am starting to feel better already. It's going to take time, but eventually we will avenge him. Just....not sure how we are going to do it." She paused. "We planned that invasion months ago. We had the element of surprise on our hands. But the Gentleman was there regardless. They are elevating their security. Pretty soon we wont be able to cross into Eden without sounding off some alarm."

The Fifth Column had been tacticians for the most part. Their plans involved as minimal destruction as possible. The less chaos they chose to follow, the more chances they had for success. Though the pacifism had worked in the past, when her grandfather was around of course. Now though, it seemed that their old ways were starting to lose them the upper hand. If they had any hope of surviving this era of human catastrophe, they needed to start upping their ante. "The Gentleman is a target we cannot acquire right now... He's probably up in some ivory tower laughing his stupid a** off at us." Abbie got off of her chair and walked around her table to the only window in the dining area. Outside members of the resistance were reading over maps, extracting data from NRA sensitive databases and other odd sorts of work to keep themselves busy. Despite all that though, they seemed otherwise in a deep trance. Still trying to get over the loss of one of their own. Everyone had their own method of grieving she supposed.

"I think we should give him something to really laugh about." Abbie turned to Zumi, a stern look of seriousness marring her otherwise calm features. "I think I know just what kind of message we should send back..."

Call Me Fear

Admiral Frog

Fashionable Lunatic

Wuufi

OG Fox

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:50 pm
Admiral Frog

User Image
User Image
┃....┃Calm┃

He just shook his head and looked back at the door which stood in ruin over in the doorway of her room. Even if he did have to knock, there was really no door to knock on. He looked back over to her and shrugged. "Well, even if I needed to, there is no way to knock on the new type of doorway you installed." He pointed over his shoulder to the door and let out a quiet laugh to himself.

As he noticed her thinking to herself he couldn't help but look around at all the destruction that was done to the room. Almost everything had been thrown around the room. Many pieces of said items laid on the floor still despite the work of the AI bots going around. He looked at all the furniture which had also been damaged from the rage fit and shook his head. He knew that he would have to help her clean up and redo her room after this is all over. "You should stay with me in my room for now. I only got one bed but I can sleep on the floor or couch." He didn't mind doing this for her, after all, they had know each other for years.

He looked back up at her as she began to talk and took in her words. He knew that she wouldn't be okay for a while, but she was strong enough to work through it. He watched as she examined herself and noticed how she began to calm down and smiled a bit to himself. She spoke some more and he took it all in and pondered on it for a bit. "I know, I will be sure to hit them where it hurts. His death won't be in vain. You know what I can do, I won't stop until they are all dead. I've been over the details over and over. The plans were basically flawless. I think we have a leak, it's the only reason they could have known that you were gonna be there."

He knew about the ability of the members to plan things like this all to well. After all, his job required that sort of thing after all. Being a behind the lines assassin type, he knew all too well how extensive the planning is before any mission into the enemy territory. He sighed and watched her walk around the room, looking out her window at all the other people down below. "Well, he might now be a target quite yet. But his second in command is my next target." He had been following the chain of command for months now Taking down names, dates, behaviors, and schedules. If he needed to take down the hydra of a corporation they are running, then he will.

He nodded at her statements and stood up from his seat. He walked over to her and took out a file, placing it onto the table. "You have an idea. And so do I. If we are gonna hurt him, then we strike where it hurts. And that place is his chain of command"

User Image  
Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff