[PRP] Road Trip

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:13 pm
Sefu lifted his head and allowed his nose to slowly catch the scents brought by the gentle breeze. The adolescent surveyed the area with a cold gaze for a few moments before he started moving again. This was the first time he was separated from his family and he was now travelling with one of his sisters. He wouldn’t show it but not being a full grown male made him feel somewhat lacking as a proper protector and Sefu was feeling a little anxious and overprotective as the weight of his goals and feelings collided silently with the adolescent’s awareness of his actual strength and abilities.

"It's getting colder." He said over his shoulder, smiling a little. “Is this the way you want to go?”

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:31 pm
Nathifa was nervous. She was finally doing it. Moving away from all of her family to make a life for herself and one that was so far away! She pawed the sand for a moment before looking up and surveying the land. It was sad to see a once bustling place so dead looking. Her family was now living in the rogue lands but it felt right to come back to her home lands to say goodbye and to pay her respects. Nat was grateful that her older brother was accompanying her to Ela Lands. A traveling lion had passed by a few days ago mentioning that they were heading that way themselves in hopes of joining and that had given her the idea of trying. Why not? She was young and had time to enjoy herself. She sat silently for a moment before getting up with a silent farewell and turned back to find her sibling.

She found him standing a few feet away. Nat nudged him playfully, "Everything is colder than what we are use too silly. I believe this is the right way from what the traveling lion said. We go pass the rock shaped like a rabbits head and towards a floating island and further pass that." She eyed him. "Are you sure you don't want to join me in Ela? It could be fun you know. Something different?" Nat was unhappy living in rogue territory and she wondered if her brother was too.

Mogami

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:35 pm
Tara de Draiocht

Sefu didn’t want to look at the desert. Sometimes he travelled to the sandy dunes alone and allowed a strong sense of nostalgia to envelop him but he did not want his sister to see that kind of expression on him. And he always gravitated quickly back to his family, to what he regarded as familiar, knowing he wasn’t ready to permanently leave and seek out another pride.

“Well, that’s not confusing at all.” The adolescent said with playful sarcasm, nuzzling his sister back. “Maybe you should lead the way.”

He avoided her gaze then and kept walking. Her idea was tempting and it would be a lie to say Sefu wouldn’t like to properly check out the Ela pride that had caught his sister’s attention and keep a close eye on her. But he didn’t feel he could do that, not yet.

“I’m not ready yet. I wish I could stay with you for a while just to make sure you’re okay but I might not be allowed…”

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:09 pm
For giggle turned into a laugh. This right here is what Nath was going to miss. Her brother always brought out these feelings of family and fun. "I think I shall," she wiggled her eyebrows teasingly. Her smile disappeared at her brother's saying he wasn't going and her smile came back a little bit forced. Oh she understood and she did not want to make him go because of her going. Nath wanted her brother to be happy for himself and no one else. "Besides I may not even get in. I hear only a select few are being welcomed this time around, but that won't stop me! I will stick around and bid my time for the future."

They were making good time by walking a steady pace, it would be a good idea to take a break after a few miles. Looking around the area in unfamiliarity, it really was weird to be away from their home. They had been in one area for so long it really was scary but at the same time exciting. "So what are you going to do afterwards?" Nath was curious about her brother and she worried about him as well.

Mogami

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:40 am
Tara de Draiocht

“As if anyone could reject you.” Sefu said with obvious disbelief as he met his sister’s dark gaze once again. Physically they didn’t look much alike but their bond was undeniable. Perhaps the tragedy of losing their pride had brought his whole family closer during the difficult times. “If they don’t let you in, it will be their loss and you should just look for a smarter pride.” He added with conviction.

“I’ll stay close to where mom and dad are for now. I don’t want to live too far from the desert.” He had great memories from his cubhood but also a lot of shattered expectations so those memories were often bittersweet. He remembered the days spent training with his father fondly but at the same time it still pained him to think how he would never become a Guardian who lived for the protection of the pride and those who lived in it. Well, maybe he could still follow that path somewhere else, one day. Other prides must Guardians as well, right?

Just, you know, not yet.

“You know that if you get tired of them or if they start acting weird… you can always come back. You know that, right?” She was a girl, not even a fully grown one at that. He couldn’t help but to worry that someone would try to push her around and make her miserable. And from the little he’d heard of the Ela pride, it would be very hard to find Nathifa once he’d dropped her off there. He wouldn’t be able to check up on her as he pleased but hopefully she’d be strong enough to leave if the new pride didn’t suit her taste for some reason or another. He hoped she would never lose that happy laughter.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:27 am
A smile crossed her face at her brothers loyalty. He was so cute. "Well, I heard they are only accepting a few so legs crossed and hope for the best huh? It's all I can do-" A laughter tinkled out of her mouth and she winked at her brother. "Dang right! Though I wonder where I'd go. Hmm." Nath stopped walking and met her brothers gaze with soft eyes. "You know. I am very lucky you were apart of my life to care about me and yes I know if I wanted I could come back home." But I doubt I will. She thought before using an arm and paw to drag her brother into a hug. Oh she would miss this but she would have good as well as happy memories to sustain her during her time in Ela; if she was welcome. A sudden noise off to the right made her jump and turn her head. Was there something hidden in the plant life? If so what? Unconsciously she found herself burrowing into her brothers chest. "Did you hear that?"

Mogami

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:41 am
Tara de Draiocht

Sefu looked down at his paws, trying to hide his embarrassment but chuckled when he was suddenly pulled into a hug. Yeah… he was going to miss her. Part of him just wanted to stop and ask her to go back with him but he knew that wasn’t fair and he was pretty certain of what she’d say to that. There was no point in making their parting even more difficult than it already had to be.

“What?” In a second, he was in defense mode, standing protectively in front of his sister. His eyes scanned their surroundings as he searched for the source of the sound. A snake? “Where is it?”

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:40 am
Backing up she allowed her brother to step in front of her as sometimes it was best to let him be this way. "Sefu... I think-" A rustling off to the left became louder and suddenly there was a--rabbit. A rabbit? "Oh." She let out a relieved laugh. "Aww look how cute!" Nath bent down to peered into the bitty eyes. "Nothing like getting the heart pumping on a journey." Giggling she turned back to her brother with a smile. "I hope nothing was chasing it as I would prefer to keep moving towards where Ela lands are located. I think just a day more and we should be there. Speaking of which in a few hours we should find a place of rest, it wouldn't be good to travel all day and all night. That could make us vulnerable and I don't want to cause injury." She looked back at her brother. "You'll be fine coming home right? Alone?" The thought made her antsy and the thought of not knowing if her brother was safe at home was disturbing. Sometimes it really sucked not having long distance communication... oh! Birds! If she got in she would try to find a bird familiar to send out messages...hm. That eased her mind.

Mogami

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:36 pm
Tara de Draiocht

Sefu’s relief was so obvious that one could almost see it slowly emanating from the black and white patched adolescent.

“Oh, dear. A mighty threat. Don’t worry, I’ll handle it.” Sefu said with mock gallantry as he took a dramatic step towards the suddenly terrified little creature, causing it to quickly disappear in the opposite way. More seriously he added, “Crisis averted. It doesn’t seem that there’s anything that way either.”

He dismissed his sister concern silently at first but the more her words sunk in, the more he realized she had good reason to worry. He wasn’t a particular large yet. At this point, he’d have trouble fighting a leopard, a grown lion or a great number of other species that hunted and fought in groups. Not to mention all the dangerous prides out there but at least he’d been warned about some of them.

“Some of the older lions told me which places to avoid before they left. I’ll be careful.” He said firmly, hoping his sister would appreciate his honesty. It would’ve been easier to answer her worry with a cub-like reply (“I can take care of myself!”) than to admit he wasn’t the strongest lion in the world but that wouldn’t ease her concern, now would it?

“Don’t start talking about resting when we’ve just begun our journey.” he said after a brief moment of silence, chuckling quietly. ”We have a long way to go, little sister.” His tone was warm and he choked up a bit at the last words. He missed her already.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:36 am
Her brother can be charming when he wanted to be and funny. Pfft. "Alright," She was glad that her brother thought ahead and consulted with older felines for advice. She rolled her eyes before letting out a puff of laugh. What he did say was true they'd only just started but still... "That we do brother, that we do. Life is looking good right now." She smiled before moving along. "Let's pick up the pace!" Nath let out a whoop and started a fast jog. Things were looking up and if she didn't succeed this one time there would be other opportunities to make themselves known~ All it took was courage and persists to get what one wanted.

Mogami
sorry I didn't get a notification o.o you can do one more post? or we can consider this done.

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:25 pm
Tara de Draiocht
The end!

Sefu smiled as he followed his sister but it was a sad little smile. It was selfish to wish that his family could remain together forever, he knew, but those feelings were hard to suppress when he was leaving with a sister while he was constantly being reminded that he would be returning without her. Life was good but as far as Sefu was concerned, it could be a little better.

“Onwards!” he said, forcing his tone to become as cheerful as possible as he tried to keep up with her pace.

- FIN! -

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff