Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Faithofthefallen
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:29 pm
User Image
Ellion closed his eyes and basked in the warmth of the spring sun. Winter had lasted far too long, it felt wonderful to see the sky freed from it's heavy blanket of grey clouds and to hear the birds sing again. This had been his first winter out of his parents home and although he had found plenty of shelter and food, he had missed the warmth of the tree house and the comfort of his family's constant presence.

The stallion trotted around the meadow a few times to loosen his tense muscles, flexing and stretching his wings, stiff after a winter of disuse as he went. Finally, when he could take the excitement no longer, Ellion sprung into the air with a whoop of pure joy. He spiraled up into the air, his wings expertly propelling him higher and higher until he could have brushed the tops of the trees with his hooves. He flew around in circles, executing a few loop de loops every so often in the beginning, but his tricks grew gradually more complex as he loosened up and began to feel more comfortable with the rhythm of his flight. It had started as a hobby when he was a foal, a way to pass the idle hours when his parents were working in the garden, but it had turned into a passion over time. Winter was especially difficult for him, when the air was so cold he feared to take flight and risk injuring himself. He had toyed with the idea of moving farther south, at least temporarily. He knew there were areas where snow was almost unheard of, it would be wonderful to see such places someday.

CitrusCupcake
Tag <3

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 4:07 am
User Image

Fragment was drifting around, making slow passes over the heads of the flowers of the meadow, his tiny hooves knocking them occasionally, sending pollen and annoyed bees scattering as he did so. He banked away from a particularly wound up bee, and hastened away, chuckling faintly as he did so.

When the angry buzzing had long faded behind him, he slowed again, going back to his lazy weaving path, his mane and tail trailing in the air behind him. As he was flying, he thought he heard a noise in the near distance, and so changed direction, figuring he could see who or what it was, and if it was a 'who', maybe he could say hello.

He caught sight of something..and then as he drew nearer, it turned into a someone, a Soquili looping in the air, flying with what looked like a practiced ease. This was a someone who he wanted to meet and so he flew nearer and called out a greeting;
'Hello!' he said, climbing a bit higher so that he wasn't hidden amongst the carpet of grass and flowers.

Faithofthefallen

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200

Faithofthefallen
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:06 am

The voice seemed to come out of nowhere, Ellion dropped a few feet in his distraction then quickly fluttered his wings a few times to steady his descent. When his hooves touched on the ground he caught sight of a small blue stallion drifting between the colorful blossoms and sweet grass.

He hadn't taken his smaller form since he was a foal, when he enjoyed spending large portions of his day shrunken down to avoid chores and other mildly unenjoyable activities so it was a moment before he could identify that inner source of power that would bring about the change. The world shivered and he felt as though he had lost track for a moment only to find himself face to face with the now seemingly normal sized stallion amongst the towering stems and wide leaves.

"Hello, there" he replied finally with a somewhat sheepish smile, "My name is Ellion, pleased to meet you!"

CitrusCupcake

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:18 am
Fragment bobbed his head in greeting, fluttering his wings swiftly for a moment to keep his balance as he did so.

'Likewise. I'm Fragment.'
He flicked his mane from his face as the length and fly-aways tried to obscure his vision as usual, his wings working overtime as that almost caused him to tip as well.

'I noticed your flying skills up back up there.' he nodded to where Ellion had just come from.

'Now that you're closer though, I've noticed your wings seem to have a smaller span than mine. Does that make for trickier flying, or faster?' he asked, curious as he would have thought that the size might affect how much height one could rise to.

Faithofthefallen

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200

Faithofthefallen
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:56 am

Ellion glanced back towards where he had been practicing and blushed a bit, he was proud of what he had accomplished as a flyer but he had never been one to brag or intentionally show off.

He pondered Fragments question for a moment, "I can't say for sure, as I've never tried flying with larger wings, but I feel like turns and flips come easier, dives too. I could probably fly faster with larger wings, you can displace more air to lift and thrust you foreword."

"You would also be able to glide and soar much longer than I can, and without getting as tired." He flapped his wings a few times for effect, "I have to move mine much more than you do to stay aloft, see?"

He landed on a blossom and tucked his nose between the petals, "Nectar and fruit give you much more energy to fly long distances than other plants, nectar is the best but it works best when you've shrunk down to this size. When you're bigger, you have to eat more of it.."

CitrusCupcake

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:29 pm
'I guess. I suppose we can't really know how it feels to have different sized wings. I won't get your wings, and you won't get mine.' Fragment chuckled.

'I mean, I guess we could have a race of some sort? Then we'd really know whether smaller or larger wings were better for speed.' he nodded as he spoke about gliding and soaring.

'I can do it for a while, I'm not sure if it's a particularly long time.' he said, landing next to Ellion, and then nodded again.

'I know, my parents are both flutters. My mother tends to get lost in the pollen mostly. She can spend a whole day just inhaling or rolling around in the stuff.'

Faithofthefallen

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200

Faithofthefallen
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:36 am

"Very true" Ellion agreed with a bright smile.

His eyes lit up at the idea, "That could be fun, and it would probably be the best way to find the answer! Do you suppose it would be more accurate if we were regular sized or small as we are now?" He flitted back and forth a few times and then landed on an outstretched leaf, the stem bowing a little under the added weight and poked his nose into one of the blossoms for a moment.

"Both of my parents are flutters as well, although my dad calls himself a butterfly and my mom is convinced she is part flower." Ellion rolled his eyes, a light blush mantling his cheeks. He loved Erynion and Vesper dearly but they were embarrassing at times.

"I don't believe I've ever met another pure flutter to be honest with you." He revealed after a moments pondering, "Outside of my own family, that is, Perhaps they're not so common.."

CitrusCupcake

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:00 am
Fragment was happy that Ellion was open to the idea, it did seem a fun way to pass the time, and he watched as the other stallion flew back and forth in a quite giddy fashion.

'Well, I mean if you're up for it, we could try both, one race as we are, and one as you say in regular size.' he suggested, taking to the wing once again and hovering near Ellion.

'I don't know about how common flutters such as ourselves are, but I do know that you don't have the monopoly on slightly embarrassing parents.' he said with a chuckle.

'Mine think they are some sort of royalty!' he shook his head. He did love his parents, but he would never have such aspirations towards thinking of himself in that way. After all, didn't you have to act a certain way if you were 'royal'? He was sure he couldn't go on grand adventures if he proclaimed himself thus.

Faithofthefallen

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200

Faithofthefallen
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:50 pm

"I think that's a wonderful idea!" He replied, beaming. "May I ask, what is it that piques your interest in flight? Simply a hobby, or is it something more?" He tilted his head in curiosity, bells jingling with the slight motion.

"Perhaps it is simply the nature of parents." He remarked with a cascade of laughter, "To embarrass their offspring." He considered Fragments words for a few moments and then shrugged, "Interesting, I suppose if all flutters came from the same place its possible there was some sort of ruling system, but I've never heard my parents mention it if they knew anything about it." His face cracked into a good natured smile, "But from all the stories I was told as a foal, being royalty sounds pretty stressful."

He swooped around the other stallion a few times playfully, enjoying the companionship and conversation of another flutter. He was beginning to realize that he had very limited knowledge about his history and roots. Besides his parents, sisters, and cousins, he had had very little contact with his family, and it had never been a topic of conversation. Perhaps he would ask next time he returned home. Surely his father and mother knew something of their ancestry...

CitrusCupcake

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:33 am
'Well..' Fragment looked sort of sheepish, he'd never rarely shared his life's goal with anyone outside of his immediate family before.

'I'm sort of wanting to be..I mean I'm going to be an adventurer, I want to explore and travel and have all sorts of experiences that my parents have never wanted to have. To do that I have to have good control over my body, and be well trained in everything. So flying being my only real means of protecting myself (well escape should I need it), I have to be able to fly as fast, and far and as well as I can.'

Fragment chuckled, kind of relieved that he'd got all that out without feeling too embarrassed. Possibly it was a foolish sort of goal for a flutter but he wanted to try.

'Well, I think it's very much just something that they both believe and not any sort of actual fact.' he explained, watching Ellion swoop around.

Faithofthefallen

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200

Faithofthefallen
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:18 pm

Ellion's eyes brightened, "That sounds exciting!!!" Fragment seemed hesitant to reveal his dream which made him wonder if someone had made him feel bad about it in the past. "I've been to some of the southern lands with my father to gather new seeds for our garden, but most of my life I've stayed pretty close to home." He knew his mother liked having him close, especially with his sister out and about and his father taking trips to find new plants that may be useful.
But he was growing bored of the same faces, the same routine. Perhaps a long trip to see the world for himself would help him decide what he wanted to do with his life.

"I'd be happy to help in any way I can." He assured the other flutter with a sincere smile. Fragment's revelation startled a chuckle out of him, "Parents," he sighed with a shake of his head, "What would they do without us!" He peered through the stems, trying to find a good route for their practice race, "Are you an only child?" he asked casually, "I have one sister, Losille."

CitrusCupcake

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff