Welcome to Gaia! ::

River of Polls : A GUILD OF RANDOMNESS AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Back to Guilds

A random-based guild in which you may literally spam, chat, and do whatever you want. (Just follow the TOS and have fun!!!) 

Tags: Spam, Polls, Chat, Everything, Hangout, Role-playing, Role, Play, Word, Games, Quizzes, Discussion, Friends, Roleplay 

Reply River of Polls
Stuck in my head! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poll?
  No, I don't want to,
View Results

GenevieveGautier

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 pm
This was the song stuck in my head all day long....Now you can be a victim. Youmeatsix - No One Does it Better  
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:11 pm
I still have the lonely island song stuck in my head, and I feel kinda bad for laughin' so hard at it, since apparently one of my cousins just died from a drug overdose.  

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300

GenevieveGautier

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:14 pm
Semok
I still have the lonely island song stuck in my head, and I feel kinda bad for laughin' so hard at it, since apparently one of my cousins just died from a drug overdose.

Hmmm, well now I am curious. Post it...although, drug overdoses are totally not funny.
gonk  
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:16 pm
I agree that they aren't. In all honesty, I'm not really sure why I find this video so funny, but I'm sure whatever reason it is, it makes me a horrible person. xd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRu_-9MBpd4  

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300

GenevieveGautier

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:34 pm
Semok
I agree that they aren't. In all honesty, I'm not really sure why I find this video so funny, but I'm sure whatever reason it is, it makes me a horrible person. xd

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRu_-9MBpd4

Perspective really changes a lot of things, and it would definitely take the perspective of someone who has "been there" to make that video, or relate to it....and is also why I find that to be more depressive than humorous. Goodness...it sounds cliche, but gosh, drugs are bad. Don't do it all you young people reading this! lol...wait, no, it's not funny, DON'T DO IT.  
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:40 pm
GenevieveGautier
Semok

Perspective really changes a lot of things, and it would definitely take the perspective of someone who has "been there" to make that video, or relate to it....and is also why I find that to be more depressive than humorous. Goodness...it sounds cliche, but gosh, drugs are bad. Don't do it all you young people reading this! lol...wait, no, it's not funny, DON'T DO IT.
Well, I don't think it's the drug part that makes it funny to me, since I would find it equally as hilarious if the guy was havin' a nervous breakdown or just out of his mind.

In a weird way, I can relate, because when I've had a bit too many caffeinated drinks I tend to think and talk pretty much exactly the way he does. xd

I dunno. But yeah, drugs are bad. So is tobacco and alcohol and all that other stuff. I guess technically caffeine is bad as well, but I need it to survive, so I'm biased.  

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300

GenevieveGautier

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:54 pm
Semok
GenevieveGautier
Semok

Well, I don't think it's the drug part that makes it funny to me, since I would find it equally as hilarious if the guy was havin' a nervous breakdown or just out of his mind.

In a weird way, I can relate, because when I've had a bit too many caffeinated drinks I tend to think and talk pretty much exactly the way he does. xd

I dunno. But yeah, drugs are bad. So is tobacco and alcohol and all that other stuff. I guess technically caffeine is bad as well, but I need it to survive, so I'm biased.

I am totally biased too, don't feel bad. Tobacco and caffiene aren't inebriating, so I deem them OK. Alcohol, and marijuana are inebriating, but I find them acceptable based on use and behavior. Other drugs, like cocaine or opiates...there is a difference in effect on life, addiction, and inebriation that is negatively noticable, and I can't approve of....and I totally wouldn't reccomend finding out for yourself what that difference is. Learn from my mistakes everyone, that is why I am here. Woooooohooooo! heart  
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:56 pm
Yeah. I've had my fair share of different substances, but I've always steered clear of the "hard" stuff, as it were. Nothin' really stayed, except the alcohol, which I'm gonna lazily blame on genetics. xd

Nearly put my liver out once. That was a mornin' to remember.  

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300

GenevieveGautier

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:06 pm
Semok
Yeah. I've had my fair share of different substances, but I've always steered clear of the "hard" stuff, as it were. Nothin' really stayed, except the alcohol, which I'm gonna lazily blame on genetics. xd

No, no, no...it isn't lazy to blame genetics. Believe it or not, they really do influence your drinking. If you have genetics passed down to you, you are equipped physically to process alcohol differently than a "normal" person would. That doesn't mean that you will take the first drink, but when you do...yikes. I had to read like, a 400 page book about this kind of stuff. I think it is based off of something called the MEOS pathway, an alcohol breakdown in the liver. I am going to have to go Google that now, but I'll submit this post first.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:10 pm
GenevieveGautier
Semok

No, no, no...it isn't lazy to blame genetics. Believe it or not, they really do influence your drinking. If you have genetics passed down to you, you are equipped physically to process alcohol differently than a "normal" person would. That doesn't mean that you will take the first drink, but when you do...yikes. I had to read like, a 400 page book about this kind of stuff. I think it is based off of something called the MEOS pathway, an alcohol breakdown in the liver. I am going to have to go Google that now, but I'll submit this post first.

Oh, I've read plenty about it. I'm just always a bit wary of such findin's, since it's very hard to prove anythin', especially when most genetics research is done twins, which isn't the most reliable.

The findin's merely point out correlation, not causation, in my opinion. There are so many other factors.  

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300

GenevieveGautier

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:14 pm
MEOS

This is a pretty poor description, but I need to go to sleep. Basically, it would take a large amount of alcohol consumption for a "normal" person to turn this metabolism route on, but with a genetic alcoholic, it is ready to run as soon as you press "Go"...and has many negative side effects. I wish many others coud read the book I read...although, I totally disregarded the information and continued drinking. Yes, I am dumb sometimes.
heart xp  
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:17 pm
Eh. Everyone does stuff they shouldn't, but we all gotta live a little. Life isn't about livin' to be the oldest, in my opinion. You take the good with the bad and live as balanced of an unbalanced life as you can.  

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Aoi the Crossdresser

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:36 pm
I hate life. emo crying

I love alcohol.  
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:44 pm
Bad Apple!!