Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:23 am
User Image

Coldfeet's heart raced as fast as lightening, threatening to jump out of her chest at any moment. All of her searching, all of her hoping, it was all leading up to this moment. She'd been following leads for months now, hoping to find even a piece of her family. It had been ages since she'd last seen them, and how her heart ached with the yearning to burrow into them as she had as a pup.

Her feet skipped daintily across the dusty ground, as her eyes darted from one direction to another. There were definitely signs of life here, and the musty scent on the air verified that it was definitely another wild dog. But could it be the one she was searching for?

Whoever it was, one thing was for certain, they weren't out in the open. Fearing she might be a threat to the other dog, she gently pulled her back paws under her and sat bolt upright. Raising her head to the sky, she let out a series of loud yelps. Characteristic of the ones her Father had taught them as pups.

The same ones, he had used on the night he had first met their Mom.

Tara de Draiocht

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:14 pm
User Image Faolan had been wandering around lately and ever restless. Most of the things he had come across were felines and a few hyenas. It would seem all the wild dogs had disappeared. The weather wasn't too bad and he had recently swam in his favourite watering hole. That had been fun especially jumping down the small waterfall. Faolan was distracted by a noise--wait he knew that sound. The specific barking code was familiar. One Faolan hadn't heard since childhood.

Quickly he responded back with his own series of barks. After all this time was he finally going to be reunited with family?

Depawsit

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:26 pm
Success!

Coldfeet's paws danced in excitement as the familiar howl was returned to her. By the tone of the howl itself, she knew it wasn't her father, which could only mean it was one of her brothers! The excitement was eating her alive, but she knew she should take things slow.

First things first, she had to find him.

Perking her ears to attention, she placed her nose to the ground trying her best to find his specific scent. It took a bit of dedication, but finally she picked out his scent among the various others. It was Faolan. Now giddy with excitement she picked up her paws and took off at a quick pace.

It didn't take long before the howls were closer, almost towering over her. It was then that she caught her first sight of him. Her brother, her blood, the first connection to her family she'd seen in ages.

"I... I found you ..."

She managed to mumble between deep gasps of air.

Tara de Draiocht

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:46 pm
The tone of the howl resonated with mingling feelings of excitement. "Where are you?" He spoke to himself looking around trying to pin point as sometimes echoing could distort the sound. Faolan used his other senses, aka his nose, to find out where the howler was and--a female. He could smell a female and...family? Family! His tag picked up in excitement and just when he was going to run off to the distance a figure popped out in front of him a few miles away. "Coldfeet!!" He barked out in greeting and bounded over to nuzzle his long lost sister.

Depawsit

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:51 pm
Tara de Draiocht

For a moment, she wasn't sure whether what she was witnessing was real. But the second her brother nuzzled against her, she no longer doubted herself. The immense feeling of warmth and affection radiating from her brother was more than enough to send the female into tears.

"FAOLAN!" She barked out the words as she returned his familiar nuzzle. "Its been ages! How have you been? I've been searching for you forever!" The words hardly made sense as she blurted them out one after the other. But she couldn't help it. There was so much she wanted to ask. So much she wanted to know.

Catching her breath at last she took a step back from her brother and smiled happily. "Is it just you out here?

By yourself?"

She gulped the words down, as the fear formed in her gut. She hadn't caught anyone else's scent, and she knew that wasn't going to be a good sign.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:05 pm
He used his nose to tap under his sisters eye to stop her from crying. "Heya Coldfeet, it sure has been forever! Alright I guess nothing much new with me other than leaving Peke'Na-" Just mentioning his old home made his ears as well as his tail droop. "-um I've traveled a lot met some interesting creatures. No mate yet i'm afraid. How about yourself? Where have you been all these years?" Faolan's tail waggled slowly with contentment. "Naw, it's just me by my old self. You have anyone with you?" He looked around curiously before frowning. "I haven't seen mom or dad or any other siblings in a long time. Have you?"

Depawsit

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:15 pm
Though the gesture was sweet Coldfeet couldn't hold back her tears anymore. It was such a relief to know she had found someone, and maybe even everyone. They were tears of joy.

At the mention of their old home, Coldfeet joined her brother in collective disappointment. She knew he missed home just as much as she did, but they couldn't go back, there was nothing there for them. She tried to offer a smile to her brother, who despite everything seemed to be in good spirits but she just couldn't do it.

"I .. i've been searching for something. I thought something was missing in my life, but now all that's missing is you guys." Her slight smile waned at the mention of the family once again. At his sad confession it took everything she had to not fall over in despair. But as Faolan's older sister, she had to remain strong.

Sniffing she shook her head, "No, I was hoping maybe they would be with you. When I left, Mom & Dad told me they would always be right where I left them. But something happened, and you all went your own ways. That's the last time I saw any of you." Boy how she regretted leaving that den now. Looking back, she would have stayed by her family's side forever. But that wasn't possible, she had to give them their space, and by sitting around and hogging up their time that just wouldn't happen.

The sorrow was eating her up inside, but she was excited to see her brother at the same time. This was the perfect time to catch up.

"No .. I don't have anyone special either. Though there was this one male I met a short time ago .. but nothing ever came of it." She smiled faintly at Dief's memory before continuing on, "How is it that a handsome male like you doesn't have someone yet? What are you doing? Chasing them away!?" She giggled at her own joke before wiping a final tear form her eye.

Tara de Draiocht
Going to play this as happening shortly after Dief and Coldfeet met. Soon enough that she wouldn't know she's preggers yet.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:16 pm
Oh no! Faolan hated when females cried, so he whine and tried to lick the tears away. "S'ok sis, s'ok! I mean hey we ran into each other, its just a matter of time right? Besides they could be happy and having families of their own you know? Maybe mom and dad were just out exploring for a bit?" He pawed the ground for a few minutes and tried to hide his own anxious feelings about the location of their parents. "Oh I see-" Faolan blushed heavily at the handsome comment. "-well to be honest I haven't really looked?" He laughed nervously. "Maybe? I don't know...females are complicated."

Depawsit
That is fine~ c:

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:28 pm
Coldfeet tried to make light of the situation as it seemed Faolan was, but she just wasn't that strong. Instead she merely nodded, her mind wandering off into weird areas. Then that's when it hit her! It was a vague idea, something she had heard in rumors. It was on her list of things to check into, but so far she hadn't made it that far "Yeah ... you could be right. And I might know exactly where they are too!" Changing her attitude completely she began to wag her tail excitedly as she stood once more.

"This old wild dog ... I ran into him once ... he told me about a pack. The way he explained it, a lot olf our old pack members were heading there. Do you think ... that maybe everyone went there? Should I go check it out?"

Coldfeet was now completely reliant on what her brother told her. Up until now, she would have been happy to go on her own. But with this latest defeat, her hope was just about sapped dry.

Tara de Draiocht
I know a few of their siblings are in this pack, and their grandmother. But Frozenheart & Lightfoot aren't there.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:38 pm
Her excitement became his excitement. "It could be possible! You never know and you never know until you try!" He looked at the ground for a moment. He was happy that he had found her but heading off to another pack so soon? He wasn't ready for that, so he decided on focusing on what time they had now. "Hey come on sis stay with me a while and we can chat about things or remember the good times you know? That is always fun!" He patted the earth in invitation. "Come hang out with your brother for a little bit before you go off. Though I can't promise to remain in this area, I will try to stay here for as long as I can."

Depawsit
biggrin One more? ooooh oka biggrin <3

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:56 pm
Coldfeet's tail began to thump against the ground in eagerness to her brother's optimism. If he was right, she could reunite everyone! She just had to get there. It would require some preparation, and of course the proper name of the pack but she could easi-

Her brother's somewhat pleading words froze the female in her tracks. That's right, if she left to go on this search, she would be leaving him behind once again. A frown covered her face, as she listened to his pleading words. It was obvious what she needed to do.

"You're right." She smiled a bit, a lowered her rear to the ground once more. "I shouldn't run off without enjoying the gift I was given." Looking up into the sky she dipped her head and mouthed the words thank you.

"But lets get one thing straight. I don't expect you to stay. If some pretty female catches your eye, you should go after her. You deserve to be happy Faolan, so don't tie yourself down for me." She smiled happily at her brother and nuzzled his cheek once more.

"You just have to stay long enough for us to build some new memories..."

Now sitting once more, Coldfeet remained that way. Now listening intently to her brother as he rambled on about times gone by, and the things he missed most about home.

Tara de Draiocht
FIN

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces