Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:40 pm
User Image

What was he doing out here? So far from home, without so much an aid with him? This was the first time he'd traveled so far, and as uncomfortable as it made him, he had still felt the need to push on. Now here he was, lost and alone. Would he ever find his way back? He had no clue, but with every moment he spent in a panic, the closer to night closed in. He would be stuck out here, and Mlinzi wouldn't have a clue where he was. How could he have been so silly to leave without telling anyone where he was going?

Mentally cursing his poor judgement, Mezlijin slowly continued his trek, still unsure of exactly where it was his feet were taking him. He only hoped it would drag him somewhere that he could ask for directions...

Painted Moose
Ick! I'm sorry for the poor opener! Its getting late here and my muse is running low D:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:52 pm
User Image

With her mistress off on the hunt, Vienna was left on her for the evening, which didn't please her in the least. If anything, it terrified her. Even though she'd been assured that the trip wouldn't last more than a day or two, the young lioness felt as if she'd been left to fend for herself once again. The only thing that kept her from panic was her faith in the Gods. With them by her side, she was sure that no harm would come to her.

Besides, she was supposed to be "working" too. Cari's main goal for bringing the slave had been for the lioness to find a male and...Oh goodness, just thinking about it brought a glow to her cheeks. She paced in front of her temporary den, a shiver running down her back. The tiny cave had also been Cari's idea; a snuggly little hole big enough for two.

Vienna took a deep breath and ventured out a little farther, on the hopes of finding a watering hole, and came upon a leopon in it's stead. An odd leopon, at that. His mane was different from that of the others, but it suited his features well. "Hello and good morrow, brother." She dipped her head, her voice as light as water. "You seem ill at ease. Is there something I can do for you?"

Depawsit
Oh posh! It was lovely. C: And head on to bed!

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:13 pm
He really couldn't lie, he hadn't even so much as seen the female. Which was an odd thing for someone who called himself a 'scout'. It was sort of his job to be able to spot things that could be of potential danger! And to add insult to injury, this female could have helped him. Instead though, he'd merely continued on trying to pace himself but falling apart little by little. What was he going to do if he couldn't get ba-

The words nearly struck him dead of a heart attack. Frozen in place, the leopon tried to regain himself, but the spook had been a real shock to his system. Finally able to feel his toes once more, he turned his body at an angle to follow the voice to it's owner. That's when he noticed the gorgeous lioness before him. She bore a striking resemblance to Mlinzi! Well her colors did anyway, he had to shake his head just to be sure he wasn't seeing things. Two blinks. Still there? Yep he was not seeing things, it was a female Mlinzi.

"H-Hi? Err sister?" Awkwardly he returned her words, unsure of exactly why she was calling him her brother. She definitely a strange way of talking, or at least stranger than he was used to. "If by ill at ease you mean out of my element. Then yeah, I think you're spot on." He tried to laugh, but it came out more as a heckle than anything, and he quickly shut his trap.

'You uh ... you don't happen to know where I am do you?"

Painted Moose
The Mlinzi I keep referencing. Doesn't really matter, I just thought it was interesting they are so similar in color and placement c:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:47 pm
Vienna's smile was soft, and full of empathy. She knew more than most what it felt like to be lost, without any way to turn in a world that was as unforgiving as it was vast. When he turned, her heart stopped for a full breath. He was even more charming up close! Vienna had noticed his markings, of course, but those eyes...

Shyly she stepped forward, trying her best to look as unopposing as a predator could. "Why yes, I do," Stepping back, Vienna gestured to the misted marshes behind her. "You've come upon the Koti Kaikille, a safe place for hybrids like yourself." She needn't mention how very unsafe their meeting may have been for him if he'd been of pure blood.

"If you'll follow me, my den is close, and you can rest there, if you would like. I wouldn't know how to help you find your way, but please, allow me to assist you in any way that I can." Is this the kind of male Cari would have wanted? She was supposed to be seeking out a cheetah or a leopard, one that would guarantee offspring, but she wouldn't turn him away. She could find another male, if need be, but this one....this one needed her assistance. Her help! The Gods would surely punish her if she did not soothe his soul.

Depawsit
Oh, I've seen Mlinzi around, haha! Gorgeous cad that he is. xD They could very well be related, with how similar they look.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:52 pm
Being so close to this female was making Mezlijin quite a bit nervous. He wasn't really all that suave with the ladies, and well she's was a very gorgeous lioness to say the least. It felt as though the area around them was getting warmer and warmer, though the lioness showed no signs of discomfort, it was only him. He began to pant lightly, but tried to play it off as being silly. "Heh, sorry, i'm not the sort to offend, its just a bit warm out." He smiled a very weak and failing grin, upset with himself for being such a nervous wreck.

Then came her offer, and the leopon really went into nervous nellies. His paws began to sweat and he felt the room spinning. "H-huh? Oh sure, I could probably use the rest, this is so kind of you to offer to a stranger." Again he smiled, though this time it felt more genuine.

As he began to follow the lioness something hit him like a brick and he immediately put a halt to his walking.

"Hey wait." Pausing, he waited for the lioness to turn around again.

"S-Sorry, its just I realized I don't know who you are. I'm Mezlijin of the Kitwana'Antara." Taking a break in his words, he swiftly ran his paw over the dirt a few times to dry it. "If you are truly as pure as your intentions have shown, I can not go a step further without introducing myself to you."

He remembered her words about this hybrid pride ... truth be told he was quite interested ... but he would hold all informal questions for later.

Painted Moose
That was my thinking too >3< I'm a sucker for rainbows <3

Sorry for the wait, finals caught up with me

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:03 pm
The poor thing looked absolutely ill at heart. Losing his way must be more troubling to him than she had first suspected; good thing that she knew that pleasant company and a helping paw could cure it. "Are you sure you're not ill? It feels a bit chilly, to me." Gods above, he was worse off than she thought!

Vienna chuckled lightly and stepped to his side, just in case he were to fall, as she wasn't 100% sure of his capabilities at the moment. She'd not been able to stop fully though, when he did, and had to turn to see him. "Oh, my manners," Vienna looked appaled. How could she have forgotten? "My virtue is not questionable, that I can assure you, Meslijin. You've not found an enemy here." She smiled. "My name is Vienna, of the Koti Kaikille."

The lioness moved to his side, encouraging him a little with the tap of her paw by his leg to keep him moving. "Come now, we can't stay out here all night; you'll catch your death. You can tell me about your pride while we walk; what is the Kitwana'Antara like? What do you do there?"

Depawsit
Aww, shoot, you're cool. C: And I'm down with them being related, if you'd like to come up with some kind of relation, haha.

Background wise she was raised with her parents and brother in an OOC pride, but since they hadn't really been explained, she could easily have been adopted. It's all really open, honestly.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:02 pm
Great

Mezlijin did a mental eye roll as he tried to calm his overboard reactions. He really needed to reel himself in a bit! Not only was he beginning to bother this poor lioness, well he was just being weird. Why was he always so awkward? It truly never failed for him to be in constant worry around a female ... the only one he'd never truly felt odd around was ... No. For a brief second, one could see a flash of pain in the leopon's eyes, but it disappeared as quickly as it had come about. He couldn't think of her ... it had always hurt him far too much.

"Huh? No no, I don't think its an illness that has gotten me out of sorts. I think its just ..." A pregnant pause filled the air as he tried to come up with a quality fib. "The new surroundings ... i'm really not used to going so far on my own. Or without instructions." Dipping his head apologetically he made a mental note to apologize to her once they were back in the safety of her den. It was the least he could do.

At her gentle assurance, the leopon's heart went a flutter, and he felt little familiar butterflies in his stomach. Her name was striking ... it was smooth, alluring... He watched for a bit before Vienna tapped him back to attention.

"M-My death? You don't really think I could be sick do you?!" Fretting once again, he picked up his pace to that of a bit faster than Vienna's. Sure, he didn't normally act this way, but he wasn't the type to be so lucky as to spend an evening in the company of one so attractive.

"A-Actually I wonder if you could tell me of your pride? You said it was safe for hybrids? But ... and forgive me, I mean no offense. But ... you aren't a hybrid."

Painted Moose
Ah-Ha! That would be so adorable for Mlinzi to actually have a long lost sibling. Then to add insult to injury, Mez impregnates her XD

Background wise for Mlinzi - he's the sole survivor of his litter. His Mother passed just after he was born. He was nursed with another nursing litter, and was raised as an orphan like many of the other pride's cubs. So if we really wanted to, we could work something out with these guys =]

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:36 am
Were all males like this? The only ones she seemed to have much contact with on a daily basis were those related to her mistress, and they didn't seem to be as...off. At first she had thought him nervous of strange company, and tired from his travels, but now she wondered if there was something more troubling the male. Maybe he really was ill, and he wasn't telling her? Oh my...was that...was he in pain?! What a poor soul; trying to remain strong even in such harsh times!

"As someone who is often in that situation, I can sympathize," she chuckled. "I very rarely leave the pridelands without my Mistress, and if I hadn't been in this area for a few days I fear I may be as lost as you." Then how could she have helped him?

She took a deep breath, a little shame fluttering across her face. "I'm sorry..." Vienna bowed her head, "I didn't mean...I never meant to offend, it's just that....You seem far too out of sorts to truly just be nervous around me. Or am I truly that frightening?" She would never forgive herself if she was the one giving him heart palpitations...or worse. The male was in pain, after all!

Deciding that the only way to fix her errors would be to give into his demands, Vienna started to talk. "The Koti was created a long time ago by hybrids that found the outside world to be rather unkind to them. However, as they could not have offspring of their own, their numbers dwindled over the years until a young Leopon brought his three young cubs into the pride. One is now our leader, the other a splendid dancer, and the third is my mistress. They've all helped to bring in new members, and given life to the land." She finished with a smile.

"And..." After a tense pause, Vienna sighed and admitted. "Due to the treatment they received from the full breeds outside the pride, any full breed that is brought, or born, into the pride is...a slave. We are not treated badly by most, and some are given special status as family slaves. Others are used to..." At this, she seemed to choke on her own words, and was visibly flustered. "Well, they...they are asked to...create cubs."

Depawsit
BWAHAHAHA. XD Oh man. If Mezlijin went to visit her later on, found out about the cubs and had Mlinzi with him...

:3 I'm totally down with working something out. I would suggest pms or AIM (I'm ScootersMcGee), though. xD

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:02 am
Mezlijin couldn't help but let out a nervous laugh at Vienna's worrisome personality. It was adorable to say the least, but he still felt he would be weird to mention it. "No offense taken! I assure you, there is not need to worry over it." His wide toothy grin got a little bigger as he continued to talk with her. It seemed he was finally starting to find a level of comfort, though he didn't think he'd ever be normal around a girl. "Vienna, you are the farthest thing from frightening that I can imagine." Another awkward laugh, "You have to forgive me, where I come from, I don't get much interaction with ..." Mezlijin sucked in a deep breath and gulped it down rather loudly. "Pretty ladies. Or really any ladies, to be truthful. I guess i'm just nervous i'll scare you away." For a moment, he was sure he was going to. That she would simply dash off and leave him alone once more. But all seemed well, she continued their walk, and even began to speak of her pride. Something he was really interested in.

As she finished up her initial explanation, Mezlijin was hanging on by a thread. He loved hearing stories of other hybrids! He hardly ever ran into any, and now he found out that there was a whole pride dedicated to them! The idea was really blowing his mind.

But then, so continued on and he realized maybe the pride wasn't all it was cut out to be. He was simply struck for dumb by her admission, and froze in his tracks as he tried to take it all in. "Then that means .... you're a slave." The once happy leopon was now reduced to a miserable pile of goo. He hated to know that his own kind were taking in lions and forcing them into slavery. There was absolutely no excuse for such a thing, no excuse at all.

"If you don't mind my asking ... are you at least treated well by your mistress?" There was so much more to his question, though he felt it a terrible thing to ask. He yearned to know if she was forced to bear cubs for the pride, no one should be subjected to that. Unless they rightfully chose to do so, in which case, he would be more than willing to try and help her.

Painted Moose

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:51 pm
Depawsit

The more he let go and smiled the more attractive he became. Mezlijin was truly an enchanting young male, if a little odd. It put a little bounce in her step. "That's good," she chuckled. "I was worried, but...will it help to think of me like an old crone?" Good Gods above, he was an adorable one. She just wanted to coddle him, and wipe his fears away. He was nervous, not because of her personality, but her gender! She could have laughed, but that would only damage him. "Well, a handsome male like yourself shouldn't have any trouble at all talking to pretty girls. I'm surprised you're not surrounded in them right now. As it stands, I don't plan on running off on you. You're too sweet for that."

She could see the den now; it was a little ramshackle thing, but warm during the night. "Now, here it-" Vienna paused and turned to him, noting the change in him. Her smile didn't fade, but it lost most of it's luster. "...yes, I'm a slave." She shrugged her shoulders slightly. "Not all of us can be Queens." She wasn't bitter; just...resigned. "Cari treats me as well as any mistress can. I know my place, I have a warm den to call my own, and she allows me freedom to do as I please." Vienna stepped closer to her den. "I just...it's not fair. Why should so many unworthy lions, leopards, and cheetahs be able to have cubs they don't even want when so many hybrid couples, that would raise them in love, can't? Why should they be treated differently? Slave life...it's not something I initially would have picked for myself, and I'll admit, it's not something I am excited about, but I can help. In my own way, I can help."

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:57 pm
Mezlijin shook his head fiercely in rejection to Vienna's offer. No! That simply would not do.

"Uh uh, wouldn't help one bit, because i'd be lying to myself. I'm much happier imagining you as the lovely lady that you are." His grin was terribly cheesy, as was his use of lines, but he couldn't know any of that. He was a fool with the ladies, and had simply no idea how to react to any of this.

"You'd be surprised!" He chuckled, though it sounded more as though he were choking on his own words. "Perhaps its just my pride, but I definitely don't have many ladies clambering for my attention. I would wager that you are the first." Nodding his head casually, he flicked his tail happily at her words. She had no idea how grateful he was to hear that she wouldn't be leaving him behind.

As the two stood there in awkward silence, Mez was trying to come up with the ultimate apology of apologies. There was no reason for her slavery, NONE WHAT SO EVER! He nearly growled in anger, though bit his lip to prevent it, and instead held his tongue long enough to hear her out.

Truthfully he'd never thought about her questions before, and well - they made perfect sense to the male. He was just about to speak up and admit his stupidity on the subject when Vienna caught him off guard.

"H-Help?"

Gulping down his fear he finally found his words once again.

"H-How can you help?"

Painted Moose

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:48 am
Good Gods above, how he made her blush! "Look at that, a charmer was lying in wait all along." Vienna giggled at his grin, and turned her flushed cheeks to the side. She hadn't been talked to like this since...well, since she was a young, or younger, lioness. It made her forget what she was truly out here to do, or why she was doing it in the first place. "The first? Surely not. Back in my pride you would be fought over. Handsome, considerate, strong..." Her brows furrowed. "It's truly a shame you don't have such attentions back home."

The den was upon them now, looming over her like a gilded cage with all the trappings, and yet she couldn't find reason to be scared of it anymore. She wouldn't trap Mezlijin in it, he was a hybrid after all, and a sweet heart to boot. That alone put her mind at ease.

That is, until he started to ask questions.

"I-I-I...well, I..." Vienna lowered her head, ears tilting back on her head. In her mind she could rationalize it, even feel proud when her mistress spoke of it, but here..."I can help by giving them what they themselves cannot have. It-It's an honor, really, to help. That's why I'm out here, with my mistress..."

She looked up at him, and bit her lower lip. "Please, don't think that I mean to trick anyone! Least of all you."

Depawsit
I am so sorry this is so damn late! D8 Also, can I just say how much I love rping them together? Oh God, so much adorable! I'm going to hate seeing him go!

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:46 am
A charmer, him? That was most definitely the first time he'd heard those words in reference to himself. He of course knew Mlinzi was referred to as quite the charmer, both within the pride, and outside its borders. But for him? Surely she was jesting? His cheerful smile remained, even when Vienna turned her attention away from him. He thought perhaps he had offended her, but she seemed to remain her cheerful self despite hiding her face from him. Perhaps she was trying to flirt with him? He wouldn't know though, how was he supposed to?! Urgh! If only he could talk to Mlinzi right now, he could get some real advice, and he wouldn't feel so in the dark! His tensions were mounting and beginning to overwhelm him, but then Vienna began to speak again.

"As much as it pains me to admit it, you truly are. Though it is quite the honor have grabbed the attention of such a lovely lioness Vienna. You are not only a pretty lioness, but you have such a spirit about you. It's a treat to be around." Mezlijin nearly purred the words, as he mulled over her final comment. Was there really such a place where he would be fought over? Well, she was from a pride of hybrids. So perhaps, there really was a place for him there.

As the two walked and talked, he could tell there was an obvious change in tone between her otherwise cheery attitude and the one she was exuding now. She seemed far more uncomfortable, she stuttered, and even her posture had become tense. The last thing he wanted to do was make her uncomfortable, when she herself had done so much to make him feel right at home.

"I see.." He huffed, exhaling a deep held in breath. He felt he knew exactly what she meant now, and maybe that made some of her mannerisms make more sense now. He knew of the troubles that many hybrids dealt with, the inability to reproduce. It made near perfect sense to him now. But he wouldn't dare speak a word of it to her, he was a gentleman - not a horse's a**.

"Trickery? Well, I may not be much of a ladies man, but I like to pride myself on having a good eye. And Vienna dear, I see no trickery here, nor in anything you have spoken to me this evening. You shouldn't worry so much, you'll fur will turn grey!"

Chortling to himself once more,he reached out a paw and gently tapped it against her own. "Worry not my friend, trickery has no place in your heart, I can see it from here."

Painted Moose
I fail too >3> This is laaaaaate D:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:31 pm
"You're very thoughtful, Mezlijin." She couldn't stop smiling, despite her predicament. "I don't often hear such words, and it's a treat to get them from such a kind soul. I truly thank you." Vienna, while not a vain lioness by any means, loved to hear such compliments. It validated her lifestyle and her choice of persona so that it made it easier for her to deal with life's unpleasantness. If she could bring a smile to a new friend every once in a while then it was all worth it, at the end of the day, and getting a compliment in return was a kind bonus.

Vienna couldn't judge his thoughts on those simple words. I see. Was that to mean that he thought her a harlot, or something far worse? Then he spoke once more, and the acid eating away at her gut began to dissipate. Her posture seemed to soften, her eyes gaining back the glow that worry had taken from them. "I will have to remember that, but I don't know that I can stop worrying." It was in her nature, just as it was in her nature to smile and laugh along with him.

She flexed her paw under his, and nodded. "Then come inside the den and warm yourself. The night has come faster upon us than expected, thou I may have lost track of time talking. I do tend to babble." Vienna brushed her shoulder against his and walked inside the lip of the cave.

Depawsit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:26 pm
Mezlijin couldn't help but smile with pride at Vienna's words. It warmed his heart to know that he could help someone so immensely with just his words alone, and truth be told, she deserved every word of everything he told her. Vienna was such a kind soul and he adored her. Even if he had only known her for a few hours, those few hours allowed him to know more about her, than he knew about his own sisters! She was a kind soul, dedicated to those she cared for. Loving and adorably bashful, everything he could wish for in a girl. But he knew it would likely never be. Which made him want to frown and wallow in his miseries, but he wasn't about to let the time he did have with her slip between his paws.

Perhaps if something more did come of this evening, he would see more of her than he imagined? If that was the case, he would be grateful. If for no other reason than to be able to call her his friend for a time longer.

As the two neared the den, Mezlijin let out a chuckle and shook his head at her one final time. "One day you will stop worrying, or perhaps one day you will find someone who will be able to chase those worries away for you. Either way, one day it will happen for you Vienna." Lifting his head once more he smiled up at her before heading into her den for the evening.

The night was still young, and the future unknown ... who knew what lie in store for the two of them just down the road.

Painted Moose
CONGRATS ON YOUR TWO GODS MOOSE! *shoots you with jealousy daggers*

Is it obvious i'm jelly? I think its obvious. <3

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out