Welcome to Gaia! ::

River of Polls : A GUILD OF RANDOMNESS AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Back to Guilds

A random-based guild in which you may literally spam, chat, and do whatever you want. (Just follow the TOS and have fun!!!) 

Tags: Spam, Polls, Chat, Everything, Hangout, Role-playing, Role, Play, Word, Games, Quizzes, Discussion, Friends, Roleplay 

Reply River of Polls
why do we lie?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

;o
  o=
View Results

Shikume
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:34 am
While being around my soon to be siblings...I have learned that they lie all the time.

I know it was because the way they were brought up...but I wounder if they will ever stop lying about things. I have learned when a few of them are telling stories they tend too blink a lot, also won't look you in the eye till the end of the lie. When they get caught in the lie they tend to get very agitated, I normally leave it alone once they get to that point. Only reason being is they began to pout/cry....they only do that so you will leave them alone. So I allow them time to cool off before talking again about it.

I know everyone lies x.x;
But these kids do lie all the time....even if it's about something as little as "who, spilled the milk?"  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:19 pm
Lyin' is no longer seen as a bad thing because everyone does it. It's like swearin'. It's also hardly ever punished or even noticed. A lot of times, kids learn that if they lie, they get away with bein' punished, so why not lie again?

To turn into a psychology freak for a moment, kids do tend to lie a lot more because their morals are based off of rewards and punishment. They don't understand right from wrong as well as we do, so their actions are purely based off of what they can get away with or not be punished for. Therefore, they lie in order to not be punished. There are some exceptions, obviously.  

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Aoi the Crossdresser

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:45 am
Your kids are a............... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxhjHz9FYQE  
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 4:13 pm
You noticed they blink a lot when they lie. I have no training in this matter, but since you have brought this up, do you know what it means when someone keeps raising his eyebrows when he talks? The answer would be greatly appreciated.  

padagira

Hunter

Shikume
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 4:51 pm
pbtdkg
You noticed they blink a lot when they lie. I have no training in this matter, but since you have brought this up, do you know what it means when someone keeps raising his eyebrows when he talks? The answer would be greatly appreciated.
I wouldn't know...the only reason why I know this one is because I have been around the kids...you can tell after while when they lie.

Here is a link that tells you some things on it...link  
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:04 pm
I would think that as the kids got older, and developed more of a conscience; the lieing will go away...It (your conscience) tends to write guilt all over your face whether you like it or not. Although some people can overcome this, this is the reason why I cannot lie for the life of me. It is so completely obvious to people that I am lieing, that I have actually been laughed at while trying to do so... gonk  

GenevieveGautier

Aoi the Crossdresser

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:25 pm
GenevieveGautier
I would think that as the kids got older, and developed more of a conscience; the lieing will go away...It (your conscience) tends to write guilt all over your face whether you like it or not. Although some people can overcome this, this is the reason why I cannot lie for the life of me. It is so completely obvious to people that I am lieing, that I have actually been laughed at while trying to do so... gonk
Your weird. Is your font pink to you? Cuz it is to me. sad Your weird. I think used to call you whitey cuz you had white hair. You must be so old that your vision is being weird to you now, I think last time I talked with you a few years ago you were 26...  
River of Polls

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games