Meet Neptune!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:29 am
I got a new betta for my tank. After Galileo got sick and went belly-up, I decided to take a break from bettas for awhile and enjoy my froggies (one of whom has five legs, bwahahaha).

Then I threw in there some shrimp, to see how they'd do with the frogs. Surprisingly well! I enjoyed seeing them romp around together, and it really made my tank feel more alive. So I was hesitant about picking out a new betta, who may or may not get along with my community.

Well, I took the plunge. I work at a pet store, so I waited until I found one that was pretty, active, but not super aggressive (i.e. didn't get all pissy with his neighbors). The result? Meet Neptune!

User Image

And in the background, you can see my clever solution to the filter flow problem, hahaha. I set his cup on the driftwood, nestled into the filter, so it gushes into the cup and flows gently out the sides. I used to use the water bottle cut in half idea, but that didn't slow the flow down very well. However, I just bought a low-flow filter that was on sale at work, so no need for the ugly cup catcher, haha.

Anyways, he gets along pretty well with the inhabitants-- probably because he's the last addition, and I know that this typically goes over better than if you add something TO an existing betta's environment. He's been in there for a month now, all shrimpies still there and the frogs going strong. They also leave him alone, he just likes to know what they're doing every once in awhile. smile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:48 pm
He's stunningly beautiful.  

~ Aki - Fairy ~

Frozen Mist

Playful Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:44 pm
Wow, very beautiful! I'd love to see a picture of your whole tank!

I also have a betta with frogs. Ever since I got my first frog I've been hooked!! I've also got some panda cories in mine, and 1 neon tetra. I used to have a whole school of tetras but.... they kept "mysteriously" dying. -_- Pretty sure it was the betta though, I've seen him chase the last one a couple times. But that last little guy is doing pretty good, he's lasted about a whole year now since his late buddy got eaten! I've noticed he actually stalks the betta... it's weird but funny, like watching them play tag with eachother almost. >.> My current betta is more aggressive than my last one, which upset me at first cuz I was scared he would hurt my frogs, but he leaves them and then panda cories alone.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:38 pm
Neptune's blue color is awesome! What an attention getter! 3nodding  

Eileen50

Distinct Trainer

justadarling

Witty Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:37 pm
That's one handsome fish 3nodding  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash