Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
{ MYSTERY ORP } THE CASE OF THE DEAD COUNCIL DAY 2 (SEE P17! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:18 pm
At long last the grate was unscrewed. Inside was a folder with several pieces of paper, enough for everyone in the room and more. They all read the same thing:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

OOC

INVESTIGATION PART 2!

- All Hunters have received this piece of paper! They must now go and fill this out, by interviewing NPCs and others.

gaia_crown STEP 1: INTERVIEWING:
- Make sure first of all when rping to mark what location you are interviewing a player from. For NPCs they appear in their default offices.

[ HOW THIS WORKS: PLAYER VS PLAYER: ]

- To interview someone, you must first not make them annoyed or suspicious at you. If the interviewee's suspicion level has risen to max, you will not be able to find any more ACCURATE information about them.

- All interviewee's start at 0 suspicion. You may simply conduct interviews in this orp thread with other players. If you are logging others, it doesn't prevent you from being logged too!
- Whenever anyone asks your character a question, have your character evaluate the question. If it is strange, then they will be more suspicious (10 = max suspision, 0 = no suspicion). Write it when you quote them as an ooc response. For example if I own character Joe and Sue has asked Joe a question (Sue's rper is Sue Writesalot).

Sue Writesalot
Joe has 5 susicion points at Sue's question

If at any point the person you are interviewing hits 10 suspicion points (stackable), then you cannot ask them any more questions.

- In order for the interviews to be considered COMPLETE, you must interview at LEAST 5 different PLAYERS in this thread. Other players who are not writing down notes can still visit the thread simply to get interviewed (just have them at a random location).

[ HOW THIS WORKS: NPCS: ]

- NPC's are automatically suspicious of you. You are only allowed to ask one question before they shoo you off, with the prewritten response (see below). In order to try interviewing an NPC, you must roll from 1 - 13. Match your roll with the NPC number. That is which NPC you encounter. RP it out as well as the result of their reaction however you please. Flee when neccessary!

- In order for the interviews to be considered COMPLETE, you must interview at LEAST 5 different NPCS.

gaia_crown [ STEP 2: RECORDING RESULTS ]

- After you have finished interviewing someone you should record the results. You do not need to write on the paper, you can simply just have an OOC quote post below all your posts that has a list of people you've interviewed so far and results. Just make sure to include THEIR NAME, EVIDENCE FOR, EVIDENCE AGAINST, and SUSPICION LEVEL. Fill out as you please.

gaia_crown [ STEP 3: HANDING IT IN ]

When you are satisfied with you recorded results, you may now hand it in! Simply go to the location mentioned in the note and rp out putting the note in in bold red. At the bottom of that post quote in ooc Zoobey and then your list of results. It must be done in this thread.

OOC
COMPLETION BONUS!

- Anyone who completes this exercise and hands it in will receive a bonus + 5 rp points!
- ICly a handsome wad of cash is also given to them in a sealed envelope a couple of days later.
- Only people who COMPLETED this section will be able to move on to the last part of this mysterious case to figure out who the true culprit was.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:21 pm
NPC REACTIONS:

OOC
Once again, as listed above, if you are trying to catch an NPC, simply randomize from 1 - 13 in this thread. Match your roll to the correct NPC. (They can be found in their offices, training fields, etc). RP it out as you please both the question and reaction as seen below.
- You can then mark in OOC filled out evidence for, again, and suspicion level for the one you rolled. If you get a double, simply roll again and either round up or down to the closest one not filled in.

1. Caelius:

The Death Lead ignores you entirely as he continues to work. After a prolonged moment he finally looks up, irritation evident in his expression. "As one of the perpetrators from yesterday's incident, I will make sure you are given the exact consequences that your behaviour-"

- Nope. Time to go!

2. Mark:
"I'm not saying anything." Mark is yes, pouting. He refuses to make eye contact with you. He is flopped listlessly on his desk and it could be noted that a whole bunch of his action figures normally in his office are all mysteriously missing. "You can go and kiss your information goodbye, and I was on your side too."

3. H:
The doctor stares at you with amusement for several long moments, and then suddenly smiles widely, his teeth flashing.

"Are you quite sure you wish to stick your nose into such a dreadful tragedy?" He murmurs pleasantly, "If you aren't careful, my dear, it might get chopped off." He shoos you a way with a flap of the hand and several mildly insulting compliments.

4. Clarice:
The assistant is busy working on another motorcycle prototype in her garage, stray smears of grease dappling both the hunter and her clothes.

Your inquiry is greeted with an impatient huff and a roll of her eyes, "Really? I was busy with the Insanity study when it happened," she smiles brightly, "kind of like how I'm busy now. There's nothing I can tell you that you won't be able to find in the official report or the surveillance footage." She stares at you expectantly until you leave.

5. Dwight:
The Life tech gets flustered and drops a few papers. As he scrambles to grab them up, he squeaks, "Hey w-what? I thought the Council thing was closed!"

Clearing his throat, he continues, back straight and voice a bit deeper, "What I mean to say is, the videos from that time have already been reviewed by the division leaders, so it's out of my hands now." He stares at you for a moment, and then turns and runs away from you.

6. Edith:
The Moon leader sips an extremely alarming smoothie and squints at you in suspicion, "Are you kids causing shenanigans, because I won't hold truck with any tomfoolery under my watch." Her gaze is like a piercing laser that swiftly begins to judge you and your life choices. You should probably leave now.

7. Charlotte:
"Ah!" Charlotte almost drops the drink she's holding, looking around nervously for some reason. She guiltily stares right up, looks like she's about to cry, and then looks back down. "I'm- I'm busy!" She finally manages a few moments later, which is the most one could get from her.

8. Allan:
"I love this game!" Allan shouts really loudly. He is super excited, you blink, and suddenly his outfit has changed entirely as he strikes a pose. "You may call me Allan, Super High School Level Sun Division Leader!" He laughs a bit at himself and then strikes another pose. "Where shall we start, my blood is already pumping in excitement! I love mysteries!"

He puts his round Ramune bottle back onto the table with the round cupholder pegs, because yes, Allan is smarter than you.

9. Simon:
Simon listens to you, expression solemn. Once you're done, he summons his weapons and takes aim. You should probably leave now.

10. Sam:
"Oh?" Sam feigns surprise. "Why, that is super interesting. So you guys are like the Scooby Gang right?" Her voice is one-hundred percent patronizing. "Well then, I hope you run along now, let me know when you're ready to join the grown-ups outside the world of make believe."

11. Killzone:
Spring has brought a number of small white flowers to decorate his grave. Upon closer study, the pattern of the blooms reads: the murderer was - but then a gust of wind blows them out of formation and now they look like a dolphin.

12. Aria:
The Mist leader shoots you a glare, then jerks to the phone she has pressed up against her ear. "I'm here, just -- hang on a second, okay?" The phone is removed from her ear and pressed against her shoulder. "If you put two and two together I was busy trying not to die when that went down. Or have you too forgotten your own near-death experiences? I'm busy and so help me if I lose connection with -- hey! Are you still there? Hello?"

You decide to book it.

13 .Lance:
Lance looks up at you with an odd look. "What about it? It's over and done with, and even I didn't get to look at the footage despite the fact that it's one of the few damn things I'm good for. I can't exactly go running around doing things other hunters can't stand for." He grumps and wheels off before you can reply.

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

chiickadee generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 5!

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:31 pm
[ Dwight's Office ]

Ami stared at the strange little paper they'd all found in the room. Surely it couldn't be coincidence. First they get summons cards telling them where to go, and then the same paper type and intro- the papers were definitely linked. Perhaps this was a test? She could understand a test for Death- solving puzzles, detecting traps- but including sun hunters? Moon hunters? That was too weird.

Perhaps this was a test for an elite group or something. Either way she figured since she was visiting Dwight for mission equipment, she might as well start with him.

---

Midway through talking about specs, Ami offhandedly asked, "Dwight do you know anything about the murder of the council?"

Papers went flying everywhere. "Hey w-what? I thought the Council thing was closed!"

Ami raised an eyebrow, which received, "What I mean to say is, the videos from that time have already been reviewed by the division leaders, so it's out of my hands now." Before she could even get a follow up question, Dwight was gone. He hadn't even remembered to give her those headsets she'd wanted.

< There he goes. >

Sorry I asked...

List
Dwight - Skittish, Nervous when asked - weapon is (?), no access to council room unless requested, no motive - medium

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:33 pm
Solia vibrated in place. This was too exciting.  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

Molten Tigrex generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 13!

Molten Tigrex

Shameless Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:41 pm
The question may have lost a little in translation, but the first hunter he spoke to got the message anyway:

Quote:
Lance looks up at you with an odd look. "What about it? It's over and done with, and even I didn't get to look at the footage despite the fact that it's one of the few damn things I'm good for. I can't exactly go running around doing things other hunters can't stand for." He grumps and wheels off before you can reply.

Lucky watched the mist hunter leave. Suspiciously.

No.

Yes.

Absolutely not.

Absolutely not proven innocent.

Come on. Him? Really?

But Lucky wasn't even listening to Song at this point, and had scribbled his notes carefully on the sheet of paper. There was a long, disembodied sigh, but no further argument.

Man he was such a pro at this detective stuff. Easiest training course ever.  
OnionGrump generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 13!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:45 pm
Lance's Office

Investigations were really not his forte. In fact, he would much rather leave it to everyone else to figure out. But then, he had a feeling he would never find out the truth about it all. It wasn't like anyone was going to openly share classified information after all. So really, there was only one option left.

Ryan knocked at the door, before opening it to find--Lance? "Hey uh, Lance. Could I ask you about the murder case? The council one I mean."

Quote:

Ryan hesitated. Truthfully, he wanted to ask him more questions, but since Lance didn't look all that amused, he let him go. Besides, it was Lance. He doubted Lance had played any part in the murder. He seemed like a pretty decent guy. He didn't even rat him out for snooping around in Caelius' office the one time either. Of course... that would mean ratting himself out too. Which reminded him... Just what was he looking for in that office anyways...?

Maybe Lance wasn't as innocent as he thought he might be.

Interview List

NPC's

Lance
Evidence For: Avoided answering any more questions
Evidence Against: He's kind of in a wheel chair
Suspicion Level: Medium

OnionGrump

Mewling Trash

LividPeas generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 11!

LividPeas

Tiny Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:46 pm
[ @ the Graveyard ]

Okay, for some reason, Kat had found herself headed out to the graveyard and standing in front of Killzone's grave. Why the hell she was coming here, when she was supposed to be interviewing live hunters, was beyond her. However, she found that the trip was definitely worth it!

H-holy crap! The murder was - Nonononono! Running over, she attempted to keep the flowers from blowing out of formation, but was unable to do so. Well.. she almost found out who might have caused this all. But instead, she was only left with.. a dolphin..? Huh..

Well, while she was here, she might as well take some time to pay her respects to the fallen.

Quote:
Killzone
Refuses to talk, removed the evidence, blames it on a dolphin - Guilty. Obviously.

iStoleYurVamps generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 8!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:46 pm
Sneaking around wasn't something Solia was all that 'good' at. She was more a person person. Talk to them, be polite, maybe stab them when they weren't looking then apologize. The undercover thing.. it was new to her. Very new in the way of training. Looking at the note she smiled, thinking to who to go bother for some intel. The secrety secrets.

Tracking down the sun leader who had aided them in getting this far, Solia smiled asking Allan what he knew.

Only to find he didn't know anything at all.

But he was right, it really was fun in it's own way much like a game. "Well I was going to ask a few questions, but I have to be very sneaky so ummmm..." She tapped a pen to her lips.
"I will ask you later!"

Skipping off, she jolted some notes down.

Allan

For: Really strong!!!
Against: Too nice
Suspicion: Idk

Quote:

For:
Against:
Suspicion:

Quote:

For:
Against:
Suspicion:

Quote:

For:
Against:
Suspicion:

Quote:

For:
Against:
Suspicion:

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

Pixie Nyxie generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 7!

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:48 pm
Dakota hadn't really got any answers out of Charlotte, most of the questions he had asked though was: Free for a date? Did she like younger guys? What did she think about personal relations in the work area? Was she really french? He did happen to just go to France on a date with Candace and thought the Effel Tower was pretty nice.

He watched Charlotte bumble and then he begin questioning of the Room. She twitched nervously which made him narrow his eyes at his boss. Was she hiding something?

He didn't know but when he left after being shoo'd, he jotted notes on the paper.

Quote:
NPC:

- Charlotte - Evasive of questioning, Nervous habit during questions. Said no to date.

Hunters:

- -

Molten Tigrex generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 4!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:52 pm
Lucky wasn't at all sure where he was by the time he'd tracked down Clarice.

Quote:
The assistant is busy working on another motorcycle prototype in her garage, stray smears of grease dappling both the hunter and her clothes.

Your inquiry is greeted with an impatient huff and a roll of her eyes, "Really? I was busy with the Insanity study when it happened," she smiles brightly, "kind of like how I'm busy now. There's nothing I can tell you that you won't be able to find in the official report or the surveillance footage." She stares at you expectantly until you leave.

The awkwardness pierced the language barrier and Lucky left in a hurry.

"Insanity?"

Insanity.

There was a long pause.

One big fat SUSPICIOUS for Clarice.  

Molten Tigrex

Shameless Hunter

iStoleYurVamps generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 4!

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:53 pm
Now onto her second target.. hopefully one that might not just be the all around nice guy who really probably did nothing. Aside from flip tables. She needed nice but not Allan nice. Nice like... didn't flay her alive when she killed the foxfires nice. Smiling still, Solia went down to find Clarice, bumping into a green haired hunter on the way.

"Ahhhhh, such cool hair!" Pulling out a small bag of her Desu ex Macutena cookies and handing them to the boy she kept going to the Life Assistant.

Finding her in a garage working on a thing that looked far to complicated for Solia, the death trainee asked what she knew about the incident with the council.

She might not have gotten much, but she did get to see a sweet bike~!

Allan

Clarice

For: Totally cool
Against: Totally cool
Suspicion: Too cool to care

Quote:

For:
Against:
Suspicion:

Quote:

For:
Against:
Suspicion:

Quote:

For:
Against:
Suspicion:

AstaraeI

chiickadee generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 13!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:54 pm
[ Lance's Office ]

If there was one thing Ami could admit, it was that interviewing hunters was a lot less entertaining than her real specialization. Interviews on top of Lex's birthday was really beginning to stress her out. Ami had to admit it was a nice change of pace, but certainly she was only doing this because someone requested it of her. Otherwise she would've never delved any deeper.

Now she was interviewing Lance, a person she'd honestly never interacted with. Ami figured him reclusive, but really? She just never saw him.

"Is there any footage of the council room left from ... that incident?" she pondered. It was the only question she could think to ask, since she'd been informed Lance had access to the footage.

"What about it? It's over and done with, and even I didn't get to look at the footage despite the fact that it's one of the few damn things I'm good for. I can't exactly go running around doing things other hunters can't stand for," was his grumpy response.

She sighed as Lance wheeled away. The idea of tampering with footage was interesting, but it didn't get her anywhere. Clearly this was going to be more difficult than she thought.

List
NPC:
  • Dwight - Skittish, Nervous when asked - weapon is (?), no access to council room unless requested, no motive - medium
  • Lance - Ability to hide evidence, annoyance(?) at questions - disabled, no motive, improper weapon size - medium

Hunters:

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

iStoleYurVamps generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 8!

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:04 pm
Two down, tonnes to go. Solia was on a roll and hadn't had things thrown at her yet, (though the one guy who yelled about coffee had said she'd be written up if she didn't get him any was ignored. Granted, he hadn't thrown anything but a threat... but still. Still, Solia played it safe and got him coffee).

finding a nice looking moon, Solia said hi.

then the lady began to look like she was going to cry.

Then she ran away.

Solia worried if she had bad breath.

Allan

Clarice

For: Totally cool
Against: Totally cool
Suspicion: Too cool to care

Charlotte

For: It's always the quiet ones
Against: Too obvious
Suspicion: Awkward

Quote:

For:
Against:
Suspicion:

Quote:

For:
Against:
Suspicion:

chiickadee generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 12!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:07 pm
[ Aria's Office ]

Since she was in the neighborhood, Ami figured the mist assistant was the next logical stop. Unfortunately, it seemed the woman was on the phone.

"Excuse me Aria, I was wondering if I could talk to you about the council incident-"

"I'm here, just -- hang on a second, okay? f you put two and two together I was busy trying not to die when that went down. Or have you too forgotten your own near-death experiences? I'm busy and so help me if I lose connection with -- hey! Are you still there? Hello?"

< She seems a little busy. >

You think?

< Maybe you should talk to leaders you actually know. >

It only irritated her more because of all people, Junpei was right.

List
NPC:
  • Dwight - Skittish, Nervous when asked - weapon is (?), no access to council room unless requested, no motive - medium
  • Lance - Ability to hide evidence, annoyance(?) at questions - disabled, no motive, improper weapon size - medium
  • Aria - desummoned weapon fits description, access to council room, ability to hide evidence - no motive (?), composure kept, was near-death at the time (?) - low

Hunters:

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

OnionGrump generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 4!

OnionGrump

Mewling Trash

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:10 pm
Garage

Okay, so asking Lance turned out to be fruitless. But maybe Clarice would be able to answer a few questions. In fact, he was pretty sure she was--ah! There she was.

"Hey Clarice, can I ask you what you were doing during the murder of the council?"

Quote:

Ryan fidgeted nervously. He wasn't all that familiar with Clarice, but from what he did know, she was really strong and if not a little intimidating. Perhaps leaving was a good idea.

No actually. It was a great idea.

Interview List

NPC's

Lance
Evidence For: Avoided answering any more questions
Evidence Against: He's kind of in a wheel chair
Suspicion Level: Medium

Clarice
Evidence For: Nothing aside from her division lead is a shady character
Evidence Against: She has an alibi
Suspicion Level: Low

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities