Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
Wyn Family ~ Needs Updating (On Hold)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:29 pm
Wyn Family

Gwynfair Wynxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
► Family Head
► Oldest Sister, Oldest Sibling
► Single
► Minister for Magic
► Hufflepuff Class of 2002

Cadoc Wynxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
► Oldest Brother
► Taken
► Welsh Seeker, Captain
► Gryffindor Class of 2004

Darryn Wynxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
► Youngest Brother
► Engaged
► Welsh Chaser
► Gryffindor Class of 2008

Aravis Radcliffe (Rosentha)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
► Fiance of Darryn
► Single
► Healer
► Gryffindor, Class of 2019

William Zephyr Radcliffexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
► Son of Aravis
► Single
► Child

Essy!
Updates accepted by Essy! 7.5.14.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:37 pm
b a s i cxxxi n f o r m a t i o n

Legal Name: Gwynfair Alys Wyn

Aliases: Gwyn

Blood Status: Half-Blood

Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual

Relationship Status: Single

Date of Birth: April 17, 1984

Ethnicity: Caucasian

Nationality: Welsh

Appearance: x (Jenna-Louise Coleman)

Current Residence: Castle Aur in Pembroke, Wales

m a g i cxxxi n f o r m a t i o n

Education: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Hufflepuff, Class of 2002

O.W.L. Scores:
                      Astronomy: O
                      Charms : O
                      Defence Against the Dark Arts: O
                      Herbology: A
                      History of Magic: E
                      Potions: A
                      Transfiguration: E
                      Wizard Law: O
                      World Studies: A

N.E.W.T. Scores:
                      Astronomy: A
                      Charms : O
                      Defence Against the Dark Arts: O
                      Herbology: E
                      History of Magic: E
                      Transfiguration: E
                      Wizard Law: O
                      World Studies: O

Honors: ---

Occupation: Minister for Magic Past: Portkey Office (Head), Head of Department of Magical Transportation)

Strengths: Charms & Defense Against the Dark Arts

Weaknesses: Arithmancy & Flirting

Patronus: Wolf

Wand: Seven Inches, Walnut, Core of Unicorn Tail

m e n t a lxxxs t a t e

Personality: Some people say that I'm demanding and intimidating. I have deadlines and do what it takes to reach them. I see deadlines a promises I make, and I don't like to break promises. I always feel so guilty if I do. I'm a very loyal person who gets along with most people. I tend to be pretty friendly, but not in an annoying way. If someone's alone and looks like they could use company, I'll go say hello, but I hate just going up in their faces. That's so awkward.

Likes: Flower Arranging, Volunteering, Quidditch, Astronomy, Work

Dislikes: Arrogance, Backstabbers, Bullies, Public Restrooms, Being Alone

Fears: Neglecting Duty, Heights, Amphibians

p e r s o n a lxxxh i s t o r y

Pre-Hogwarts: I was born in Wales many years ago. I am the oldest of four children and was closest to my brother Cadoc, him being only a couple of years younger than myself. Darryn did try to hang around with us, but it just wasn't as fun. Idris wasn't born until I was ten, so I didn't get to play with her much. When I was eleven, my Hogwarts letter came. My parents were so excited and spared no expense in getting me ready.

Hogwarts: When I got to Hogwarts, the Sorting Hat placed me in Hufflepuff, a decision I didn't mind. Everyone was so friendly. I did well in all of my classes and even helped out a few of my friends when it came time for finals. Apparently, I had just missed seeing the Tri-Wizard Tournament, but that didn't mean the year wasn't interesting. Everyone was going on about how Voldemort was or wasn't back. Our defense against the dark arts teacher was pretty adamant about the fact that he wasn't. The only reason that I managed to pass that class that year was because one of my older friends was involved in a group called Dumbledore's Army and was actually learning stuff and figured she should pass it on.

My second year was extremely interesting, but still not the most memorable year I had at Hogwarts. Everything was fine until the end of the year. That was when Dumbledore was killed on the astronomy tower. I didn't see it, but everyone knew about it when it happened. I even attended his funeral.

My most memorable year at Hogwarts was my third year, and not for the friends I made or the things I learned. It was by far the worst year to be a student at Hogwarts, and I hope the year never repeats itself. You see, with Dumbledore's passing, Professor Snape was put in charge of the school. There were quite a few of my friends who didn't attend because they had muggle parents or had parents who had a terrible feeling about the year to come. And what a year it was. There were Death Eaters teaching at the school, and, well, I can tell you what an unpleasant experience it is to go through the Cruciatus Curse. Of course, it didn't last forever. Harry Potter came back and the Battle of Hogwarts took place. Being a third year, I didn't fight. I've never been much of a fighter anyways. I was evacuated, and that was probably the most terrifying moment in my entire life.

The rest of my years at Hogwarts were pretty quiet. What did you expect?

Post-Hogwarts: After Hogwarts, I ended up going to work for the Portkey Office. A few year in, I became the head of the office, and even managed to become the Head of the Department of Magical Transportation. Eventually, I became the Minister for Magic. Pretty good for someone who didn't know what they wanted to do. As Minister, I get to attend quite a few interesting events. One of the first ones I remember was Circus Maisc where my brother nearly died when some dark wizards showed up. At least he got a girlfriend out of it. I approve of her. She's pretty nice, and is the widow of my late co-worker's son. I absolutely love her child and hope that Darryn and her get married so I can actually call him my nephew.

r e l a t i o n s h i pxxxi n f o r m a t i o n

Pet: Tabby Cat named Aries

Friends: Aravis Radcliffe, William Zephyr Radcliffe

Family: Cadoc Wyn, Darryn Wyn, Idris Wyn

Classmates:

Co-workers:

Enemies:

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:11 pm
            Character Quote

Legal Name: Cadoc Trevor Wyn

Aliases: Cadoc

Relationship Status: With Andrea Lowery

Date of Birth: March 5, 1986

Appearance: x (Colin O'Donoghue)

Character Quote

Education: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Gryffindor, Class of 2004

O.W.L. Scores:
                      Astronomy ~ E
                      Charms ~ O
                      Defence Against the Dark Arts ~ O
                      Herbology ~ A
                      History of Magic ~ E
                      Potions ~ A
                      Transfiguration ~ E

N.E.W.T. Scores:
                      Astronomy ~ A
                      Charms ~ O
                      Defence Against the Dark Arts ~ A
                      Herbology ~ E
                      History of Magic ~ E
                      Potions ~ A
                      Transfiguration ~ E

Honors: Quidditch Captain (Gryffindor)

Occupation: Welsh National Quidditch Team (Captain/Seeker)

Dream Job: I can't see myself doing anything else than what I'm doing now.

Strengths: Charms & Flying

Weaknesses: Healing Spells & Dark Magic

Patronus: Phoenix

Wand: Fifteen and a Half Inches, Dogwood, Core of Dragon Heartstring

m e n t a lxxxs t a t e
            Character Quote

Personality: I've been told that I seem like a jerk. I give off the sort of vibe that I don't like doing the right thing apparently. But that's totally wrong. I'm actually a nice guy, just a little bit arrogant, and by a little, I mean quite a bit. I'm someone who's willing to take chances, and that means doing things by my book and not someone else's. I tend to push other people to be their best, but sometimes I can go to far. I don't try to hurt others, it just sort of happens.

Likes: Adventure, Fireworks, Horseback Riding, Quidditch, Winning

Dislikes: Liars, Bugs, Thunderstorms, Complainers, Cheating

Fears: Werewolves, Death

Character Quote

Pre-Hogwarts: I was the second child, and first son born to a Muggle and a witch living in Wales. That was during the time that everyone thought that there was no more threat of Death Eaters, and so my parents thought it would finally be safe to have children. And it was, for a while. I spent quite a bit of time playing with my older sister and brother, not really caring what was going on in the outside world. Why should it bother me? I received my letter to Hogwarts at the age of eleven, but my parents were worried about sending me. They feared that because I was more headstrong than my sister, that I would end up getting into trouble. They eventually let me go.

Hogwarts: After my first year, I was surprised that my parents ever let me go back. I was sorted into Gryffindor and made the Quidditch team as a substitute. Of course, we didn't do much playing. With Death Eaters basically running the school, a lot of things were different. A couple of my friends ended up having Unforgiveables practiced on them. I almost did, but Gwyn took that for me. When the Battle of Hogwarts happened, I didn't fight. I was a first year, I wouldn't be able to do much. And so, I was evacuated. Sometimes I wish I had been older so I could have fought.

In my second year I took advanced flying, and by my third year, I finally made the Quidditch team as a regular player. I wasn't the best seeker the team had seen, but I was trying my best. I knew I had time to improve, and so I was always looking for ways to make myself better. That eventually paid off, and I became captain in my fourth year. Two year later, I was made captain and became a player. No, I don't mean on the pitch. I mean with the ladies. There are days I regret it and there are days where I don't.

Post-Hogwarts: I ended up being recruited by the Welsh team as seeker, and eventually became the captain. My older sister eventually became the Minister for Magic, and my brother also joined the Welsh quidditch team. It's pretty safe to say we made quite the name for ourselves. Eventually, when I was out doing some shopping (it happens), I met Andi Lowery, a Hufflepuff that I used to play Quidditch against back at Hogwarts.

Character Quote

Pet: Hook (Owl)

Friends: Aravis Radcliffe, William Zephyr Radcliffe, Andi Lowery

Family: Gwynfair Wyn, Darryn Wyn, Idris Wyn

Classmates:

Co-workers: Dominic Montague, Cameron Rowley

Enemies:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:15 pm

Legal Name: Darryn Matthew Wyn

Aliases: Darryn, Dare

Relationship Status: Engaged to Aravis Radcliffe

Date of Birth: November 21. 1990

Appearance: x (Alex Wilms)

Education: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Gryffindor, Class of 2008

O.W.L. Scores:
                      Astronomy ~ E
                      Charms ~ A
                      Herbology ~ A
                      History of Magic ~ A
                      Potions ~ O
                      Transfiguration ~ E

N.E.W.T. Scores:
                      Astronomy ~ A
                      Charms ~ E
                      Herbology ~ E
                      History of Magic ~ E
                      Potions ~ O
                      Transfiguration ~ E

Honors: N/A

Dream Job: I currently have it.

Strengths: Flying & Potions

Weaknesses: Clumsiness & Curses

Patronus: Wolf

Wand: Fourteen Inch Chestnut with a core of Fairy Wings

Broom: Firebolt

m e n t a lxxxs t a t e

Personality: People always seem to think that I'm just like my brother. Well, they would be right. I'm a pretty nice guy with an arrogant side. Sometimes, I just don't see that something's wrong and not working. Although, I am less arrogant than Cadoc. I do tend to listen to other people and take suggestions pretty well.

Likes: Flying, Music, Annoying my Sisters, Good Food, Parties

Dislikes: Intrusive People, Circuses, Poor Playing Conditions, Rodents

Fears: Being bound, Cemetaries

Character Quote

Pre-Hogwarts: I was born in Wales quite a while ago, but not too far ago. I am the second youngest of the Wyn siblings, and the youngest son. I was fairly close to my siblings, but I was closer to Idris. At the age of eleven, I joined my siblings and went to Hogwarts.

Hogwarts: Gwyn and Cadoc had a much more interesting time at Hogwarts than I did. They were there when the Battle of Hogwarts took place. They didn't fight, because they were too young. When I started Hogwarts, everything had calmed down, and I was sorted into Gryffindor. I shortly joined the quidditch team where my brother was captain. He was so hard on me. I didn't think it was fair, and I still don't think it was fair.

As far as my grades go, I wasn't the best, but I wasn't the worst. I made friends here and there, but never got into a relationship. My last year, I was scouted by the Welsh national team, where I joined my brother.

Post-Hogwarts: Yes, I took the offer to play Quidditch. I'd be a fool not to. I'm the chaser for them. Recently, my brother's been trying to find a vice-captain. I don't think he'll pick me because I'm his brother. Don't want to show favoritism. I also managed to find love. It was quite the funny story. Well, only looking back on it. When Circus Maisc came to town, my siblings and I decided to go. We never anticipated that there would be an attack, and we never anticipated that I'd get injured. That's when I met a healer by the name of Aravis Rosentha. I've since proposed to her and look forward to being a step-father to her son.

Character Quote

Pet: Tuxedo (Rabbit)

Friends: Aravis Radcliffe, William Zephyr Radcliffe

Family: Gwynfair Wyn, Cadoc Wyn, Idris Wyn, Violana Adurnas

Classmates:

Co-workers: Dominic Montague, Cameron Rowley

Enemies:

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:20 pm
Hi, my name is Idris Wyn

I'm a lady.

I'm 32 years old.

My birthday is August 1st, 1994

I work in Office of Improper Use of Magic

My dream job is being a writer.

My blood status is half-blood.

The house I was in was Ravenclaw

I was in the class of 2012

I'm interested in boys.

I'm currently with nobody.

I may seem a bit withdrawn from everyone and as though I don't care that much but I'm really just someone who needs to step back to see the whole picture. By being withdrawn, I'm actually more apt to see things that other people aren't. It's pretty interesting what you can notice by not paying attention.

My background story is something that you apparently want to know. Why, I don't know, but I suppose that I shall oblige. I was born in Wales and I'm the youngest of four children. My parents died shortly after I graduated. I've worked some various jobs, none of too great of importance.

I enjoy reading stories, writing my own stories, observing people, learning new things, figuring stuff out.

I despise markers, dragons, vampires, werewolves, and cats

I'm afraid of the dark.

My strengths are defense against the dark arts and observation.

My flaws are using my voice and being the first to run away.

I look like this

My wand is a 10 inch willow and peacock feather

My O.W.L. Scores Were:
Astronomy ~ A
Charms ~ O
Herbology ~ E
History of Magic ~ E
Potions ~ A
Transfiguration ~ E
Cursebreaking ~ A

My N.E.W.T. Scores Were:
Astronomy ~ A
Charms ~ O
Herbology ~ A
History of Magic ~ E
Potions ~ E
Transfiguration ~ O
Cursebreaking ~ A

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I'm an animagus! I'm a Hawk.

This character is due to be going to Maiya Kajuji. This post will be deleted when she posts her version of the character.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:53 pm

Legal Name: Aravis Starling Radcliffe (Rosentha)

Aliases: Aravis

Blood Status: Pureblood

Relationship Status: Widow of William Radcliffe, Engaged to Darryn Wyn

Date of Birth: June 21, 2001

Nationality: English

Appearance: x (Anna Popplewell)

Current Residence: Rosentha Flat

Education: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Gryffindor Class of 2019

O.W.L. Scores:
                      Astronomy ~ E
                      Charms ~ O
                      Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ O
                      Herbology ~ E
                      History of Magic ~ P
                      Potions ~ E
                      Transfiguration ~ E
                      Healing ~ E
                      Cursebreaking ~ E

N.E.W.T. Scores:
                      Healing ~ O
                      Potions ~ E
                      Charms ~ O
                      Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ O
                      Herbology ~ E
                      Transfiguration ~ E
                      Cursebreaking ~ O

Honors: Gryffindor Prefect, Hogwarts Head Girl

Strengths: Healing & Charms

Weaknesses: History of Magic & Flying

Patronus: Lynx

Wand: 13 inch cherry with a core of fairy wings

m e n t a lxxxs t a t e

Personality: Clever, and very studious, Aravis is one who knows who to get stuff done, and is stubborn enough to get it done. She has no problem not listening to people who tell her that she can't. Aravis is generally pretty easy to get along with, unless you're trying to prove a point to her. She's the type of person who needs to be right. Of course, she's pretty caring and loving as well, but needing to be right can tend to push some people away. Aravis is also known for having a peculiar sense of humor and her broad imagination. She also has an adventurous side to her, and doesn't like sitting still too much.

Likes: Family, Adventures, Quidditch (watching), Reading, and Helping Others

Dislikes: Impatience, Gossip, Cleaning, Injustice, and Fire

Fears: Dragons, Loosing more Family, Heights

Pre-Hogwarts: Well, I'm a halfblood, born to magical parents, but there came a time when I wasn't raised around magic. You see, my mother, Halice, faked her own death after giving birth to me. Her family was the kind to be pureblood supremacists, and my dad didn't exactly classify as having pureblood. You see, one of my grandparents on his side was a Muggle. My mom wasn't prejudiced, in fact, I think she was just trying to protect us.

Because of all of that, I lived with my dad, Zephyr, until I was eight. I would have kept living with him, except something terrible happened that year. Up until that point, I had loved dragons, and so my dad thought it would be great to take me on vacation to Romania to see all of the dragons there. He wanted to show me that it was okay to get up close to this one, I don't recall what it was called. I told him not to, and that was one of the rare occurrences where I wish I was wrong. The dragon didn't like my dad too much. It turned on him, and ripped him apart, all while I was watching.

I then went to go live with a few Muggles. My mom's parents had no idea I existed, my dad's were dead, and my aunt was busy trying to get on her feet. The Muggles were a nice couple. The woman, I called her Mom was a writer. I would tell her about the things I had seen, and she would just say I was imagining it. Of course I wasn't, but she didn't know that, not until my letter arrived.

Hogwarts: Upon arriving at Hogwarts, I was sorted into Gryffindor. I made a few friends there, but things never really got interesting until my fourth year. That's when I started talking with an older Gryffindor named William Radcliffe. Of course, I just called him Will. We ended up dating, and I went to quite a few Quidditch matches, since he was on the team. My fifth year, I was made prefect, and I found out something that would change everything

All this time I had been attending Hogwarts, I had been living with my adoptive parents. That was when my birth mother finally decided to reveal that she was still alive. It was a bit of a shock to me. After that, I split my time between living with her, and living with my adoptive parents.

As far as dating Will was going, we remained a couple for quite a while, even after he graduated at the end of my sixth year and went off to go work with dragons. He knew that I really didn't want him doing that, but he still went. Of course, I didn't have too much time for worrying, since I was Head Girl and a hospital intern my seventh year. There was too much going on at Hogwarts to spend too much time worrying about him. I did see him during our winter break though. We were invited to go to the wedding of our friends, Tyler and Aerynn. It was during this break that Will proposed to me, and I said yes.

Post-Hogwarts: Shortly after I graduated, Will and I got married. It was a pretty nice affair. Later on, I became a healer at St. Mungo's, and we started saving for a place of our own. We were happy, but our happiness wouldn't last forever, not even when I found out that I was pregnant. The same day I found out I was pregnant, was the same day that Will died. Many people think that the circumstances were suspicious. His entire family seemed to have been attacked. That didn't stop me from having our son though. I named him William Zephyr, in honor of my late husband, and my father.

A few years later, I was called to the scene of a Dark Wizard attack on Circus Maisc, and it was there that I found love again. I didn't know who he was at first, I just saw that he was injured. Of course, I later found out that he was on the Welsh Quidditch Team. Not only that, but he was also the brother of the Minister for Magic. I didn't care about any of that. He was cute, and we started dating. It wasn't until the St. Mungo's Gala, that he proposed to me, and I said yes.

Pet: Fox named Indigo

Friends: Darryn Wyn, Cadoc Wyn, Gwynfair Wyn, Idris Wyn

Family: Halice Rosentha, Rainey Rosentha, William Zephyr Radcliffe

Classmates: Austin Brighton, Kevin Johnson, Nicole Johnson, Roselia Prince, Shin Sever

Co-workers: Chase Henrick, Elizabeth Cardon, Mary Jane Clarisse, Yuyami Akiji, Agnès Alexandrie, Georgia Windsor, Cora Mercy Walsh, Nadya Kamenev

Enemies:

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:54 pm

Legal Name: William Zephyr Radcliffe

Aliases: Will, W.Z., William Zephyr

Blood Status: Pureblood

Relationship Status: Single

Date of Birth: February Eighth, 2020

Nationality: English

Appearance: TBD

Current Residence: Rosentha Flat

Education: Will enroll in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in September 2031.

O.W.L. Scores:

N.E.W.T. Scores:

Honors: N/A

Occupation: Explorer of Castle Aur, Troublemaker (AKA: Child)

Strengths: Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts

Weaknesses: History of Magic, Astronomy

Patronus: TBD

Wand: TBD

Broom:

m e n t a lxxxs t a t e

Personality: William Zephyr is a very curious child who wants to know how everything works. Of course, he won't sit still long enough for you to tell him. He'd rather take it apart, and see for himself. He also is an adventurous little boy who really doesn't seem to be afraid of anything. William Zephyr is very independent, and often finds himself in trouble due to not following the rules. He never sees it as breaking the rules, he just sees it as doing the right thing. William Zephyr is also known to be loyal to those who gain it. If he is stressed, or not feeling well, William Zephyr can be a very angry person, and will lash out at anyone who gets too close to him. Sometimes, he may even severely doubt himself.

Dislikes: Strawberries, Rodents, Dragons, Clowns, Shopping

Fears: Decaying matter, Poison, Meteors

Pre-Hogwarts: I was born in London to a woman named Aravis Radcliffe who was still living with her mother, Halice Starling. I never knew my dad, because he was killed shortly after my mum found out that she was pregnant with me. Apparently I'm named after him. His name was William. I don't think my middle name came from him though. I think my mum said that it came from her dad.

Eventually, my mum met a new guy, named Darryn Wyn while she was working. Apparently she saved his life. She's a healer if you didn't know. They started dating, and we got to go live at Castle Aur in Wales because it's freaking huge and that was around the same time that my grandma was being all weird. I guess now, mum's going to marry Darryn, which will make him my step-dad. I'm perfectly fine with that. It'll be nice to have a dad and not my mum all the time.

Pet: Owl named Riaris

Friends: Cadoc Wyn, Darryn Wyn, Gwynfair Wyn, Idris Wyn

Family: Aravis Radcliffe (Mother), William Radcliffe (Father), Halice Starling (Grandmother),

Classmates:

Co-workers:

Enemies:

The Graveyard (Trash)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas