Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[R] An Unexpectedly Familiar Face [Orah x Anella] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:34 am
Meeting up for a quick coffee and shopping trip wasn't new to Anella; what was new was meeting up with a girl she'd never technically met before. Boredom and curiosity to know her fellow order warriors and driven Anella to text Sailor Ida and schedule a meet up fairly early; there were a lot of good sales this weekend, and as all her friends were growing more and more distant ever since she'd started up this knight thing, she had only one thing left: make some new friends.

And she'd promised she was going to hang out with Ida! What better way to bond than while shopping?

She had picked out an easy to locate coffee shop—not her favorite, but good in a pinch, and rarely overflowing with customers. Plus, they were giving away free doughnuts.

She'd shown up early—which had little to do with being on time and much to do with wanting to get a good doughnut—and texted the girl again upon her arrival. Already she'd shot her a text of what she was wearing, so as to ensure she was as easy to pick out in a crowd as possible. She didn't seem to be in any state of awkwardness or anxiety as she sat as a table, humoring herself with an intense session of Angry Birds.

Bluefire Dragonz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:08 pm
"A-Ave?" Came a shy voice.

Orah wasn't sure, but the red head at the table was... familiar to her. Had she seen her before? She was pretty sure the woman she saw was Aventine, since she was wearing the right clothes, but it was more than that. Like they'd met before as civilians.

Well, whether they had met or not, this was going to be very embarrassing if she wasn't the right person. She should have thought of this last time she'd seen her powered friend and powered down together... but too late for that now.

Orah was really looking forward to this shopping trip though... she rarely got out with any girlfriends and there was a lot of testosterone going on at her house. She need some serious girl time, it was way over due.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Whimsical Blue
Crew

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:13 am
At the voice, Anella instinctively turned to look at the girl. Sure, there were plenty of names that had Ave in them, but it was just second nature to want to respond to it. There was immediate recognition when she laid her eyes on Orah, though actually looking at the girl send a sudden wave of confusion over her.

Yeah, she looked like Ida, if she really thought about it, but then again, she also looked like—

"Orah," she blurted, as soon as her mind connected the pieces. It hadn't been easy to remember the name on that little tag, but she could see it now. She eagerly stood up, smile on her face. "Oh, it's a small world, isn't it! —I bought flowers at your place, on Valentine's day! You know, they lasted forever, weeks! I meant to go back and get some more, but—you know. Busy." She winked, and then leaned forward, giving the girl a brisk hug. "It's so good to see you! How have you been? —Oh—Anella," she said, not quite sure if she had ever given the girl her name, "You can call me Anella!"

Bluefire Dragonz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:45 pm
Orah laughed as she was wrapped in a hug, recognizing her friend more by voice and manner than by looks. There was just something about when someone was powered up that kept you from recognizing them as a civilian. A really useful power, but it worked for the bad guys too, or at least what she'd heard. She blinked as she realized why she'd found this woman so familiar, hearing that she'd bought flowers from her shop.

"Oh, yes! I remember!" Orah laughed as she hugged her back. "Its funny the way you can walk right past someone and not know who they are. Anella? That a pretty name! You remembered mine, of course. I'm so glad you called to get together. I haven't been out with a friend in forever!"

She slid into the seat across the table when her friend released her, hooking her purse over the back of her chair. "Were you waiting very long?"

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Whimsical Blue
Crew

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:14 am
"No, no! Not at all! I mean, I had enough time to start nibbling, but," she flashed a sheepish smile. "It's probably best you don't see me eat on our first outing. Dates are a pain, I get too excited about the food. I've lived by myself for too long, I've started mimicking my dog's eating habits." She couldn’t help but laugh, though it wasn't entirely a joke; she always strained to make the best impression, but once food got involved?

Anella wasn't so charming.

"—Can I get you anything? I didn't know what you wanted or I would have ordered something! —Did you find the place all right?" she chattered, eager to make conversation with this almost stranger. As long as she could help it, there wasn't going to be an awkward silence.

Bluefire Dragonz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:04 pm
The teen grinned and waved her hands, brushing off the joke about food.

"I'm sure you're better than my little brother is. Teenage boys are awful. Oh! Here, I brought this for you from the shop." She said, remembering. Reaching for her purse, she pulled out the sunflower that had been standing up in it, a little plastic vial at the bottom holding a couple inches of water. "I remembered you liked big, bright flowers, so I figured a sunflower would be perfect. Not everyone knows that they come in a little form like this. In flower language, they stand for loyalty, adoration, happiness and the warmth of the sun." She grinned as she offered it across the table.

"Oh! You don't have to get me anything, I can do it! Go ahead and eat your food, I'll be right back." Her gift delivered, Orah bounced off to the line to order herself a hot apple cider, returning with the fragrant beverage once she made it through the line.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Whimsical Blue
Crew

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:10 am
Anella was still fawning over the flower, coffee forgotten as she analyzed and admired it. "This was so thoughtful! Orah, I love it! Big is the best," she said—and, thankfully for her, she had a huge purse. A sunflower was certainly not the oddest thing she had tucked away in there. "Remind me to come visit you guys more often."

Now she had more of a reason than just spending money; now she had the excuse of dropping in for girl time. What could be better?

"So!" she said, grinning at the girl as she reached for her coffee and took a swig. "This is like, the first time I've met with someone my age while we weren't…you know. Ah…Working. I'm really happy to have people to hang out with—I dunno how much I mentioned it, but most of my girlfriends moved out, and I mean, I take care of myself just fine! Go on jogs, ride my bike, walk the dog—the usual. But normal human interaction? Please. Sorely lacking. Not to mention my love life," she scoffed, stirring her coffee.

Bluefire Dragonz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:41 am
Orah grinned at the joy her flower brought, tucking her feet under her chair as she wrapped her hands around the warmth of her cup.

"I think this is probably my first time too. The only person I know outside of powers is Camelot, and that sort of happened on accident. I usually spend so much time working at the flower shop that I don't go out all that much... not that I really had anyone to go out with. I have a couple of friends, but that's mostly at school. I'm friendly with our neighbors, but they're mostly business people or older than I am." She smiled down into her cup as she took a sip, shrugging her shoulders. "I've never had a huge social life, I guess. I try to stay active with things like school activities and volunteering when I have the free time. The shop is where I get the most interaction, I guess. I haven't been to the mall since... well, new school clothes, I guess."

At the mall with a friend, though? It had been far longer. And that time it had been a group of girls who had invited her along, but then just sort of forgot about her and never really asked her again. That tended to happen a lot, it seemed, but hopefully things would be different now.

"Do you know what store you want to go to first?"

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Whimsical Blue
Crew

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:23 pm
"Oh, I want to meet him!" Anella pouted even after Orah was asking which store to go to; she hadn't forgotten the knight (nor did she expect she would any time soon); he was basically straight out of a fairytale and had made his way onto her list of 'most attractive older men' a while ago.

"There are plenty of places I want to go! I need new shoes—" what girl didn't "—but I'm not sure if I can fit more in my closet. I'm trying to convince my dog to chew on some of my older ones so I have reason to throw them out, but I guess plastic and leather don't interest him. So—well, I mean, if you ever need to borrow shoes, you should come over to my place," she laughed.

"So, I'm thinking I want to pick up some movies, too—if clothes and shoes get boring. Or we could stop by Gunslingers—it's just across from the mall. They always have neat things to look at. I mean, if you're into that sort of thing."

Which, she very much was.

It hadn't been Anella's intention to delver into her odder hobbies, but she figured that if she was going to chase Orah away, she better do it now and not before she got too attached to the girl.

Bluefire Dragonz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:13 am
The teen giggled as she cupped her hand around her mouth, using a stage whisper to share the secret.

"Go to the big public library and say hello to the librarian." She said as she winked playfully. "He probably won't mind you knowing who he is, since he pretty much told me straight away. Long as you don't become a crazy stalker or anything."

The thought of shoe shopping was appealing, but in all honesty, Orah just wasn't the clothes horse some girls were. She had enough for some variety in what she wore and she kept them more or less up to date with the trends, but it was more that she liked to generally look nice than because she loved clothes.

She giggled again as she shook her head. "Poor dog. Plastic and leather wouldn't interest me either. What kind of a store is Gunslingers?" It sounded like some sort of wild-west themed thing.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Whimsical Blue
Crew

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:46 pm
Anella? Becoming a crazy stalker? No way.

…But that wasn't going to stop her from having her fun.

Somewhere in the back of her mind, Camelot at the library registered. She knew he was there, but now she felt like she knew some fancy little secret, and all be damned if she wasn't going to have some fun with it.

"Plastic and leather are the best," Anella insisted, though such certainly weren't in her diet. "Gunsligners is—oh, I guess I should have clarified a little bit," she laughed. "It's. Well, it's an arms store. Not like, arms, arms," she lifted her elbow for emphasis, "But gun arms. You know," she mimicked a gun shape with her right hand and waved it slightly. "Pew, pew—that sort of thing?"

She wore a pleasant grin, though dropped her hand, reminding herself of her manners. In a ladylike fashion, she smoothed her clothes out. "I collect them. Not in a creepy redneck way or like, Oh no, a terrorist, but I go hunting sometimes. And I'm in competitions. Sometimes I just go out for some paintball, too. Also, if you're worried about it, I've never shot anyone. Kinda wanted to be a cop so I had the right to, you know? But dad said I should probably do something a little safer." She shrugged. "I don't blame him, I'm his only daughter and all so—is this TMI? I could talk about myself all day, so feel free to shut me up whenever." Anella cracked a good natured grin and reached for her coffee.

She'd probably already had too much for today.

Bluefire Dragonz

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:12 pm
Orah's eyes widened when she heard it was a gun range, wowing in appreciation.

"That's so cool!" She said as she leaned over the table. "Isn't it scary, firing those off? They're so loud! Its totally not TMI either, I love hearing about your hobbies and the stuff you like. My hobbies aren't nearly that exciting. What is it like to go hunting?" That sort of rougher activity wasn't something the teen really did. It probably came from having a father who preferred being at home and comfortable over being active. At best, she'd gone camping once in fifth grade with her class, but that had been at a campsite that had cabins and the teachers had shown them how to do everything. She wasn't entirely sure she'd be brave enough to fire a gun, even at a target, afraid of it kicking back in her hands or shooting off wildly or something.

"All I do is choir and stuff with flowers, like arrangement, for selling in my dad's shop." Crossing her ankles under the table, she sipped at her drink, cupping it in her hands.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Whimsical Blue
Crew

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:59 am
Anella didn't seem to think any less of the girl for having such hobbies; instead she seemed equally interested. "I think those are so neat! When I was little I wanted to be a singer, but things," she laughed sheepishly, "Well, they didn't turn out exactly like how I imagined. And flower arrangement is useful—you've made a career out of it! Plus, who doesn't love flowers? I mean, you can't really complain about them. Guns?" She took on an exaggerated falsetto pitch and mocked, "Guns hurt, guns kill. Guns are bad."

Sighing, she sipped from her coffee. "Which I guess is true, sort of. But a gun isn't just a weapon. It's a tool. It's a hobby. I've hunted—eaten what I've hunted. But we don't even do that so often. It's too much work to prepare the meat, you know? I mean, I don't expect you to know exactly, but it's time consuming, and pretty gross. But I like target practice! And nobody gets hurt! It's just about aim and control! —And paintball? I love paintball! It's a real adrenaline rush, so you are definitely invited to come with me some time! It's a neat experience, even if it's just one time. Definitely teaches you to mind your surroundings a bit more!"

Bluefire Dragonz

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:08 am
Orah made a face when Anella mentioned getting the meat ready to eat.

"I can handle the stuff that comes from the store just fine, but I don't know if I could, like... touch stuff that was still on the animal." She giggled as she shuddered. "I guess I can see both sides of the gun thing too. My dad never had a gun, that I can remember, and he's never gone hunting. Up until today, guns were just one of those dangerous things you saw on TV, never really in real life. Its different for you, 'cause you're used to them now and know how to handle one, and I can understand that. Its pretty cool that you have a hobby like that, it makes you unique!"

Orah grinned, finding that she'd managed to make it to the bottom of her cup.

"Oh, hey, my drink is all gone." She giggled, getting up to throw it away. "Do you think you're ready to walk around some, or would you rather stay here and chat some more?"

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Whimsical Blue
Crew

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:08 pm
"Oh!" Anella laughed and hastily stood. "I could talk your ear off, girlie! I'm definitely ready to walk around!" She rubbed at her stomach, "I have to work off that doughnut."

Turning to the trashcan, she discarded all that she had left and brushed her hands together. To give closer to the previous topic, she insisted, "Maybe the next time I go hunting, I'll invite you back for dinner! You won't have to see any of the nasty stuff, but man, there's nothing as good as fresh, unprocessed meat. It is just the best."

…Just as long as she wasn't the one cooking it.

"Do you think of anywhere specific you wanted to go?" she asked, smile still on her face. "I'm game for just about anything."

Just put her in a direction and she was raring to go.

Bluefire Dragonz

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces