Submit

Mutilated Moogle

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:57 am
User ImageThe sun was turning out to be a beautiful day, the morning dew was still fresh on leaves of the trees and so, since his daughter stayed over last night to wake up with her daughter for once instead of sneaking back before the little one woke she promised him a nice bowl of fresh fruit salad when he had returned from his hunting. So Tafari left early that morning to go out and catch some meat for lunch and dinner but was unsure what to kill for todays lunch and tonights dinner so he walked around the forest, wondering what to kill before seeing a nice boar but decided to leave it, he was getting that a lot lately, not sure what to kill, so he climbed up a dtree as awkwardly as he could and sat on the closest branch to the ground and just watched whilst he thought.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:37 pm
User ImageThere was rustle of leaves in the distance as more then one body ran through the underbrush into the distance. Gulliver had sent a few of his troops off on tasks. He himself was crouching under a tree looking at some tracks left in the dirt several yards away from where Tafari was, he was on his usual hunt to try and find clues. His bow was hanging loosely in his hand ready for use if needed, but Gulliver didn't feel he would need to attack anything right then.  

Shicala

Hungry Animal

Mutilated Moogle

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:50 pm
Shicala

Tafari wasn't really paying attention to anything anymore as he had slowly started to fall asleep when he rolled out of the tree and ended up face down on the ground "alright, note to self, no sleeping in trees" he said as he picked himself up and shook himself off "hunting, yes, back to it" he said as he grabbed his stuff and started to head towards the entrance to the forest, deciding to try somewhere else...or go home, hadn't really decided yet.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:53 pm
Gulliver heard the crash from where he was and stood up looking around apprehensively at first. No danger, least none that he could see, he nodded ok then the source had to be something else. He rounded the tree and caught sight of the male faun brushing himself off. Not very stealthy for certain he thought to himself as the male headed in his general direction. Gulliver stepped out from the tree coming into plain sight of the faun and into his path. "Hold brother" he spoke up to him to halt him so he could speak to him "How are you this fine morning brother?". He'd start out simple with idle talk he did not know this male, he'd never seen him in the Tree at least, and Gulliver was trying to make it a point of getting to know any who appeared to hunt at all.

Nafretiti

Shicala

Hungry Animal

Mutilated Moogle

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:17 pm
Shicala

Tafari stopped as he was called to and looked around at the other, what did the captain of the hunters want with him? Sure he didn't actually go back to the Great Tree as much as he should but he wasn't as dense as to not know who this is "for the most part, I am fine, realized though a Faun shouldn't sleep in a tree but other then probably hurting my back I am fine but why the small talk? What do you want from me?" He asked curiously, hating small talk but whatever, if this guy wanted something then why not just come out and say it?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:18 am
Standoffish, wow Gulliver was taken aback, wasn't many fauns he'd met like that. "A faun has to have need or reason to speak to a brother or sister?" he questions the male. "I happened to hear you fall and felt a desire to speak with you since you appeared to be coming my way as it was." he crossed his arms and looked at the male with a steady gaze, "Do you have an issue with this?". The male was not off to a good start with being on Gulliver's good side.

Nafretiti

Shicala

Hungry Animal

Mutilated Moogle

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 am
Shicala

"If truth be told, yes, a Faun does need to have a need to speak to me and yes I do have issue with it" he said as he started to walk over to a tree and lent back against it "nothing against you but I tend to just like my peaceful life away from The Great Tree and so here you are, a guy who is part of the 'inner circle' so to speak, talking to me when all I want is to be left alone with my daughter away from anything that has to do with The Great Tree. It is nothing personal against you just that when someone like you comes to talk to someone like me I am a little weary of my peaceful life being disturbed and especially if my daughter may end up involved, so if you are wanting me to do something back at the Tree then please, don't bother, the answer is no."  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:59 am
Gulliver's eyes narrowed significantly at this point. "Oh really, well now.... Your reaction brother to another faun wishing to talk shows me four things... One you have you have little or no loyalty to your kind... Two you have something to hide.... Three you have absolutely no respect for authority... And four you believe I was out looking for you specifically. I am not sure exactly who you are, but I heard a commotion and felt need to make sure the pae involved in accident was ok." The male was a bit annoyed to say the least, he could easily have left the fallen pae and continued on his way, after all there were lost Fauns to be found, and besides his obligations to Rais and the Tree they were very high on his list of things to be accomplished each day.

Nafretiti

Shicala

Hungry Animal

Mutilated Moogle

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:20 am
Shicala

"One, I have as much loyalty to Rais and the Tree as you have I just do not wish to go back there any time soon, I moved out because I wanted a peaceful life not surrounded by a few thousand Faun doing my head in. Two, I have nothing to hide, heck, if you want I will happily take you home so you can search my house from top to bottom if you want though I do ask that you care to take me up on that offer I just ask you take care of my granddaughter as she has taken up residency in my daughters old room and that chick isn't happy if she is disturbed. Three, I have no respect for Authority, you are right on that, partly the reason I moved away from the Tree, unless of course it is the Chef or Mo requesting me to do something themselves. And four, you could have just left me, you saw I was fine, why bother talking to me? If I was hunched over in pain and a leg facing a way it shouldn't then yes, by all means, help but I am fine so if that is all can I get back to hunting?"  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:10 am
Gulliver just stared at him for a moment "You will listen to Advisor Mo and Chef Bronson? But not Seer Vanya, myself, or even Chieftain Rais himself? Seriously, you need to calm down and stop acting like I singled you out to harass. I could always take you into custody if that's what you're provoking me for." He paused then continued, "I didn't see you weren't hurt you dont have to be sprawled out on the ground to be hurt. I had no problem with you, but you are trying to have a problem with me." He stood steady with crossed arms, he was annoyed beyond all reason but he was staying cool as best he could
Nafretiti

Shicala

Hungry Animal

Mutilated Moogle

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:46 am
Shicala

Tafari was really having quite enough of this guy, could he not just hunt on his own and in peace and quite? "As I said, I don't do authority and alright, fine, my apologies for thinking the wrong thing about you and, as for arresting me, be my guest, you won't get any resistance from me but before you do can I at least take some meat home for my daughter and granddaughter? I would at least like to make sure their fed before you unjustly lock me up because I just don't want to talk to you" he said as he started to walk off towards the depths of the forest.

((By all means, follow if you wish. XD ))  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:32 am
That was about as much as Gulliver would put up with. He COULD put up with more but he was already fuming at the insubordination of the faun in front of him. He gave a shrill whistle and two of his rangers came out of the woods ahead of Tafari stopping him and setting a hand on each shoulder to move the pae to turn to face Gulliver once more. Gulliver stepped closer his arms no longer crossed "I was in the area doing my job, I stopped by to see if a faun needed help, and maybe say hi, meet someone new. You know, normal things I would be doing, especially in the case of you being a faun, and a hunter on top of that. You have shown me your loyalty is not where it should be, I don't care if you don't live in the Tree, you have to recognize the authority, and not just those in the chain of command you want to. We do not live in a land with no leading body, and lawlessness. I am placing you under arrest pending a hearing from Chieftain Rais and and the rest of his council and inner circle. It isn't an unjust custody because insubordination is a crime, and you should know that if you were loyal to the Tree and it's leadership as you claim." He paused for a moment to nodding to his rangers "And to respond to your request, no you may not take food home first. This is not a sleepover party where you prep dinner for the kidlets first. I am quite certain a faun with a child of their own is capable of finding themselves a meal."

Nafretiti

Shicala

Hungry Animal

Mutilated Moogle

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:05 am
Shicala

Tafari let the other speak, said nothing, didn't put up any fuss but just went with it, he always taught his daughter not to fight authority even if she didn't like it and, being she was a demi god, she had to set an example anyway in a way so he followed his own advise till the last bit "my granddaughter can't get food for herself, she is a BABY, unless you are now saying babies can go play with sharp pointy objects and try not to kill themselves" he said glaring at the captain "also, my daughter may be the daughter of a hunter but she can't hunt, she LOATHES it and that baby of hers NEEDS meat. I was getting it its breakfast and if I don't turn up with at least a bit of meat of some sort then that baby goes hungry and I don't know about you Captain but I wouldn't want the thought of a starving baby on my conscience, would you let your baby go hungry? Would you let your child STARVE?! We are talking about a HATCHLING, one who can barely stand on her own two feet with a mother who can't hunt if her life depended on it and yet you are happy to let a BABY starve and yet question why I don't like authority, well, here is your answer."  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:31 am
"Your daughter can either buck up and go find it some food, find help from a friend, or being a faun she can go the Tree herself in search of help. We are not always there to hold our children by the hand, they need to learn to solve problems on their own. If your daughter has sworn fealty to the Tree she would know she is always welcome there. You also assume far too much brother, Fauns take care of their own kind, the infant will get food in some method. Neither your daughter or her infant will die if you are in custody for a few hours." He nodded towards a ranger hidden in the bushes and then turned back to group in front of him "Lets go, the sooner you arrive in the Tree and a hearing can be arranged the sooner you may possibly return home" He motioned for his rangers to lead the faun towards the Tree, he himself would bring up the rear... And he was none too happy about his day being disrupted in this manner.

((OOC: The ranger sent off by Gulliver will deliver a small rabbit or fish to the doorstep of Tafari's home but they will not speak to his daughter or disclose why the delivery was made and where Tafari is ))  

Shicala

Hungry Animal

Mutilated Moogle

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:44 am
Shicala

Tafari said nothing more, he allowed this to happen, dropping his spare he decided to let Lust find it as she would sooner or later when her father hadn't come home like he always did but right now that was as best as what he could do, he was on his wait to meet with the leader of the Faun and whilst he wasn't happy about it he would do as the leader said whatever the out come was.

Lust was at home, making breakfast for her father and herself whilst the chick slept still, hearing a sound at the door she thought that it was her father coming home so running to the door she saw that there was no one there but a fish left. "Daddy!?" She called, wondering if he had fogotten something but with no answer she picked up the fish and went in and closed the door, hoping her father would be home soon but silently thanked him for at least the meat to feed her daughter and went out to prepare it.  
:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff