Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:38 am
User Image
Walking around in the tree, Celestia let her hand glide against the inner wood. So many interesting pae were around, many of which she had already met, and many whom she still needed to. How many important figures hat she already become acquainted with? Chieftain Rais... Seer Vanya... Sir JustMo... Lady Belvah... Ms. Coronus...

Yet, so many remained unknown to her.

Of the 'inner circle' alone, there had been many whom she had never seen present at her power ceremony. Who were they, these pae? What made them special enough to be given that responsibility that she no longer held? She hoped, glancing away, that she may find out soon enough, before her patience faded, even if she could really not allow it to do so, or before her secret was found out. If that happened, she feared that she would never be allowed to return from the shame.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:46 pm
User ImageGulliver had just finished sending off a few of his men to scout certain areas of the island and was coming into Laisidhiel, he kept himself busy but he always made point to come home to the tree as much as he could. The faun had settled his resolve he needed to recruit more, sure his current troops were good, he made sure he recruited only the best, but he needed more, needed always to be prepared.

The one thing the male had yet to fully understand though was these new Fauns, the Fauny as most had called them. He remembered seeing the strange scene on the lake from the tree, he'd met a few in passing but never actually stopped and talked to any even though they seemed to be... everywhere now.

Gulliver paused in the entrance to the center of the Tree and glanced around, food, yes that's what he could use, a nice hot meal from the pub. He turned in that direction, dodged young fauns running across the Tree with ease and heading for the door to his favorite place to eat.

Shicala

Hungry Animal

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:13 pm
Sighing, Celestia decided that today's tea would be better served in public, rather than alone in her room, as she often did. If she did not put herself out there to find others, what right had she to complain when it did not happen? Moving away from the wall, she turned to head towards the tavern, the only place in the tree she had been personally shown and not left to happen upon. The princess could thank her new mentor for that, and for being patient with her rudeness. She hoped that her new power, whatever it might be, would be able to serve her as a thanks.

Moving into the pub, she brushed her long hair behind her wings, its length flowing softly with the movement, before looking around to see if anyone else was there as well.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:36 pm
Other then the tavern's barkeep there was a few stray fauns, and sitting at a table not far from the bar was the grey haired faun. Gulliver was chowing down heartily on a steaming bowl of stew with buns and a mug of the tavern's finest brew. His bow was hanging from the edge of the seat behind him and he paid little attention to any around him. Gulliver felt he paid plenty attention when he was in the field that here at home he was entitled to a relaxing and en-joyful meal from time to time when there was no threat to the Tree.  

Shicala

Hungry Animal

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:55 pm
Taking note of the few there, particularly the one with a weapon near, the princess moved to the bar stand, waiting a moment before ordering a pot of elderberry chamomile tea and a small slice of carrot cake. Glancing once at the man beside her, eating his meal with great fervor, she smiled lightly as if to say hello before returning her attention behind the counter. The princess made no move to actually make conversation and instead occupied herself with watching her tea be made and her afternoon snake cut from the whole. When the server returned with a wooden tray holding her order, she smiled widely, thanking him before taking it with her to a table at the side of the tavern. Sitting down, she carefully arranged everything to her specific liking, waiting a few moments to decide that it was adequate, and then pouring herself a cup of the brew.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:02 pm
Gulliver didn't see the female nod to him, but he did hear the odd sound of china tinkling as it was situated on a table. Ordinarily he wouldn't even have looked at other sitting in the tavern while he was eating without being spoken to or bumped into but the sounds of chinaware being set up in the tavern was a little unusual to him. Finishing up his meal he thanked the barkeep and gave his dishes to be cleaned and gathered up his bow and wandered in the Fauny's direction. "Tea huh, that's an unusual thing for a tavern" he stands near the table, he'd not sit uninvited he felt that rude  

Shicala

Hungry Animal

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:10 pm
Having already set down the pot and picked up her teacup, Celestia looked up at the man speaking to her; it was the same man whom had been eating not too long before. Momentarily musing to herself about how he could have finished all of that so quickly, she smiled lightly as she replied. "I always have tea at this time of the day, though more often than not it is in my quarters, either alone or in the company of one other." Motioning to the seat in front of her, she continued. "Would you care to join me this day?"  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:42 pm
At the same time of day, ok that made sense Gulliver decided, after all there was things the male did every day at a certain time, though drinking tea was not one of them. It was usually things that had to do with his position in the circle.

"I suppose I could do that, thankyou" he replied taking her up on the offer, he pulled out the chair she motioned to and sat down hooking the bow in his hand over the back of the chair like he had while he was eating. "I haven't really gotten to know any of the Fauny that have joined us in the Great Tree. I'm Gulliver" he introduced himself as he settled onto the chair.

Shicala

Hungry Animal

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:22 am
Taking a sip of her tea, the princess quietly watched the man, now known to be Gulliver, take a seat across from her. That name... seemed familiar. Setting her cup down onto the table, she thought to herself. Who could...? Nodding to herself, she remembered where she had heard it: at her ceremony. Gulliver, Captain of the Rangers and one of Rais' inner circle. What luck? Only moments before, she had been musing about meeting more of the tree's authority, and here it was, actually happening. "Yes, I believe we met briefly at the great ceremony of loyalty and power..." pausing for a moment, she continued, "...and perhaps when we arrived, my subjects and I." smiling, she formally introduced herself, "I am called Celestia, and my sister is Luna." Again pausing, she waited to let the information register before motioning to the tea pot. "Would you care for a glass?"  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:15 am
Gulliver thought about it, and after a moment he nodded, yeah that sounded about right... Though he'd been present at so many power ritual ceremonies lately he'd sort of lost track of which faun or fauny he'd not yet seen without discussing it. "Celestia and Luna, sisters, that's good information to know. And you are the group leader for the faunies, that's also good info to have." he mused over this info for a moment and then responded to her offer, as much as he didn't really need another beverage it would be rude to decline so he opted with the easiest answer "A small glass would be nice thanks". The leaves on his branched antlers rustled a little as he nodded with his response. While he watched her pour it he continued "Are you settling into Laisidhiel comfortably?" he knew it must be a huge change from their norm.  

Shicala

Hungry Animal

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:37 am
Nodding, Celestia stood up, moving to the counter to ask for a small cup. After a moment of looking, he handed it to her and she returned, setting it in front of Gulliver and bending over to pour his tea before placing the pot down and returning to her seat. Picking up her glass, she smiled softly and raised it in a motion of 'cheers' before taking another drink from it and setting it back in front of her. She hoped that he enjoyed the brew; it was one of the sweeter ones, so she didn't drink it often.

Answering his question, she mused lightly, "It has been well, discounting that 'party,' if one can even call such a horror by that, that Venus threw." It was clear by her tone that there were remaining tension.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:44 pm
Gulliver picked up the cup when it'd been poured, he sniffed it, not being much of a tea drinker himself he found the aroma interesting. He sipped at it nodding and then noticing her 'cheers' movement reciprocated and set the cup back down before replying. "Though in my understanding, I don't believe that the resulting outcome was Venus' intention. She usually puts on some interesting parties, something usually seems to go awry though which is surprising but true. Her heart is in the right place though." he shifted his position slightly "For the most part I've not attended her gatherings, there has been other things I've needed to deal with on the island. The missing fauns for one, searching for them has been on my list of to-dos ever since the storm"  

Shicala

Hungry Animal

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:34 am
"You should continue to avoid them if possible," the princess commented bluntly, lifting her cup to finish the tea inside and leaving her statement at that. If she said any more, or let him figure that something had happened to her specifically, her secret could become public knowledge within the circle. That could not happen under any circumstances; she would not let it. Pouring herself another cup, listening to him, she asked, "I heard from a friend..." her husband, to be specific, "...a little about the storm. Did some go missing due to it, or for another reason?" How strange, pae disappearing from existence. Maybe the island was not as safe as she had hoped when they arrived, though there was nothing that could be done about it now.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:55 pm
He nodded unsure of just how bad it was at the parties that had passed, chances were most times he wasn't even in the Tree or he'd been called away on a task when they had happened. He'd only recently started dating someone so he hadn't even felt the need to attend the Valentines ball either. As the topic shifted he set the cup down once more to speak. "Well more-so acorns then fauns specifically, and sadly we're unsure just how many went missing. It's an ongoing search to try and find them." Gulliver took another sip of tea, he was drinking the tea slowly, he didn't want too much of it and felt if he drank it too quickly she'd feel the need to refill it.  

Shicala

Hungry Animal

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:02 am
Okay, lost acorns was much preferred over lost pae, even if (apparently) they were very similar. Honestly, she hadn't completely understood the whole reasoning behind her people and the people of the tree being the same, but it was of no real matter. They were here, and they were safe, and they were accepted; what more was needed? Still, she wanted to make sure she was making the right connection. "As ours had? Do many of the missing return in such a way?" Noticing the speed at which her acquaintance drank his tea, she assumed that it was not to his taste. The princess would have to remember not to offer him more when he finished.  
:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff