Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
The Gravemoore Family~ Please Delete

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

pluit coronam

Dapper Rogue

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:16 pm
The Gravemoore Family
User Image

Mihael Claudius Gravemoore
Age 36
Slytherin

Naphtali Gravemoore
Age 33
Slytherin

Silas Gravemoore
Age 11
Unsorted

Naomi Alexandra Gravemoore
Age 6
Unsorted

Deceased
Alexandra Gravemoore
Aged 30
Gryffindor

Accepted by Essy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:47 pm

Hello, my name is Mihael Claudius Gravemoore.

I'm a male.

I'm 36 years old.

My birthday is October twenty-fourth.

I work as Head Unspeakable of the Chamber of Death in the Department of Mysteries.

My dream job is a position in the Department of Mysteries.

My blood status is pure.

The house I was in was Slytherin.

I was in the class of 2002.

I'm interested in women.

I'm currently with Naphtali Gravemoore.

I may seem meticulous in my work, aloof, distant, sometimes stringent, and antisocial; but I'm really all of those and also: goal-oriented, eager to occupy my mind with work or studies, disappointed in certain aspects of who I am, and very selfish.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm distant, antisocial, and even timid. I can assure you that I am not timid and that is just what people think of me, but I do make it my priority to remain low key because of my family heritage. I absorb myself in work and studies so my mind wouldn't get a chance to dwell on my past, on my actions and how I raised my children. I discarded self-pity long ago. I've learned that humans are social creatures and thrive on the presence of others, but I have learned to adapt differently. I do not wish to involve myself in any matters that would prove too difficult to handle, but I am selfish enough for knowledge to put myself out there if I have to.

By the time the Second Wizarding War was over, I had developed a strong hatred for any Dark Lords, judgmental people, and prejudices; for it is there where my stigma originates from. Nonetheless, even I know that being a neutral party is for the best, since I agree with neither Blood Traitors nor Dark Wizards. If I have something to gain from one party, then that is who I am allied with until I accomplish my goal. And by living a life of always trying to keep a heavy secret hidden and being paranoid, I eventually learned how to wear facades and take on a personality benefiting the situation. If I was in class, I would play the part of a studious student. If I was in a social event or around acquaintances, I would be a helpful and cheerful individual. However, it didn't last long until I had to become the strict, cold, selfish, and distant person I am now because of one woman, Alexandra.

My background story is the very definition of subtle and low-key. I never became close friends with anyone and chose to stand distant from as many people as I could because of my family heritage -- being a Parselmouth. Especially during the time of the Second Wizarding War in my teenage years, I made sure to live as a shadow with the constant fear of being found out and labeled a Death Eater or worse. My only relations were mere acquaintances that I spoke to in passing and in classes during Hogwarts. I know this way of life changed me for the worst and warped me into someone I know I didn't want to become. My parents also raised me with the teachings of the Old Ways, and in turn I raised my children the same way. In no way would I ever permit them to believe that they are inferior to others for any reason.

I met Alexandra in my seventh year, when she was still in her fifth. It was a chance meeting, I honestly would never have encountered her if she had not caught me right at the moment where I made my first and worst mistake -- I spoke to a snake in the gardens of Hogwarts. Honestly, what were the bloody chances? I was so sure no one was around, and yet when I heard her gasp behind me, I knew I had to do something, so I swallowed my emotions and let logic guide me. I made it my top priority to befriend her. I learned to live with masks and facades, and during this time I donned my most convincing persona yet. In order to ensure that my secret wouldn't get out and start wild rumors about me being some Dark Wizard, I spoke to her about what she had seen, convinced her that I was not at all evil, and eventually made her my girlfriend at the end of my seventh year. We kept in touch through letters for two years and during that time, her trust in me grew.

It was during this period that I knew I had to discard who I really was and become someone else entirely and permanently. It was too painful, much to painful to use someone to such a degree, which is why I did my best to become as cold-hearted as I could while still keeping the facade of a quiet and studious bachelor who was in love. There were moments which frightened me; where Alexandra would let a questioning gaze linger, or when she would start a sentence but then change her mind and switch the subject. These were rare however, and I did my best to compensate by opening myself up more and showing her that she had my trust as well. My education and the way I was raised made me repulsed at the fact that I needed to marry a half-blood, but I knew I had no choice; I was already committed to trying my best to keep my secret.

We were married when I was twenty-four and she was twenty-two. Silas was born one year later, and then I knew the struggles and responsibility of being a parent. But now, I had found a light. Finally, there was someone I could focus my attention on other than my studies. Silas. I decided that under no circumstances would he ever grow up the way I had, too afraid of his own shadow and quiet as air. Through discipline I showed him how to live, how to act, to be confident, ambitious, and the very best he could be so he would live a fulfilling life and become powerful.

As he grew older however, my strong dislike towards Alexandra must have become apparent to Silas, for we began fighting many, many times. I lost my temper countless times -- and together with the pressure of an unhappy marriage, I admit that at some moments, I vented my frustrations on Silas in our falling-outs. If I punished him, it would only make him more angry. If I attempted to act kind, he would think me mad. So I did the best thing I could and did my best to educate him the same way I was, in the Old Ways, and let him keep his objections to whatever lessons he was against with.

As time passed and after my daughter was born, I knew I had to do something about the marriage. It was clear as day that no one was happy and we were both in metaphorical chains. And then I discovered the money she had vaulted. Being unemployed until after marriage, I knew that we were low on finances. I still had the Gravemoore inheritance, but I wished to leave that for Silas and Naomi. And surely, Alexandra would be happy to know that Silas and Naomi would grow up quite wealthy with her small fortune and away from the problems of a bad marriage and seeing their parents constantly quarreling? And apart from my children, she was the only one aware of our abilities.This is why I was left with no choice but to eliminate her so I could finally be free to marry a pureblood and be rid of my heavy conscious towards my upbringing. A most terribly selfish action, I know, but that is who I was raised to be. The circumstances left no room for suspicion since she 'accidentally' ate food that contained something she was actually allergic to, so there was no scrutiny given to me, only pity on my widowhood. Thus I discarded the past and any feelings I had for Alexandra and I was remarried to a woman named Naphtali, who I found easy to fall in love with. Or rather, easy to live with. I found a job suitable to me and left Naomi in Naphtali's care because I was apprehensive of the possibility that she would follow in Silas's footsteps and also look upon me with regrettable hatred some day when she grew older.

I enjoy reading, walks in my garden, working, being in Naph's company, and studying magic and the past it carries.

I despise making mistakes, being looked down upon, certain aspects of myself, thinking about the past, being put on the spot, and being inferior.

I'm afraid of failing even more as a father, seeing Silas and Naomi hurt or dead, and my heritage being discovered and as a result, and being framed.

My strengths are my adaptability to situations and skill in deception.

My flaws are being a constant liar to those around me and my cold nature.

I look like this.

My wand is a 13", rigid, Ebony wood, and Raven Feather core.

My pet is a house cat named Serza.

My O.W.L. Scores Were:
Astronomy -
A

Charms - A

Defense against Dark Arts - O

Herbology - P

History of Magic - E

Potions - P

Transfiguration - A

Study of Ancient Runes - E

Wizard Law - E

Ancient Studies - O

My N.E.W.T. Scores Were:
Defense against Dark Arts - O

Charms - A

Ancient Studies - E

Wizard Law - A

Study of Ancient Runes - O

pluit coronam

Dapper Rogue

pluit coronam

Dapper Rogue

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:20 pm

Hello, my name is Naphtali Gravemoore.

But I mostly go by 'Naph' by Mihael and 'Naphi' by Naomi.

I'm a female.

I'm 33 years old.

My birthday is April twelfth.

I work as a housewife.

My dream job is to be a lawyer.

My blood status is pure.

The house I was in was Slytherin.

I was in the class of 2005.

I'm interested in men.

I'm currently with Mihael Gravemoore.

I may seem like a perfectionist, oftentimes stressed, and a bit cold towards others; but I'm really loving and protective of my family and friends, but know when to be cunning and assertive.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm too hard on myself. Being from a pureblood family, I was in constant stress because of the expectations placed on me; and while this sometimes hindered my ability to study properly, I was always pushing myself to do the best I could. In a world of competitiveness, I quickly learned to be cunning, assertive, and strict when it mattered. Namely, in social events and work. At home, I'm someone entirely different. I consider family to be something you protect with your life no matter the situation. I would say that it is also important to love unconditionally, but in my case, this would only apply to my step-children. They are innocent. They have no fault in my husband's choices.

Despite always being stressed by trying to work with Mihael's methods of upbringing in the children, I try my best to understand where he's coming from. I've learned to not pry too much into his life despite the fact that he's my husband because I know that if he was ready to tell me, he would. So I have to learn to be patient as well as understanding, to be the support the family falls back on.

My background story is nothing too extraordinary. My parents were pureblood and raised me to believe in pureblood supremacy and muggle inferiority. However, that didn't effect my attitude. I did not become prejudiced, nor have I ever thought myself superior to others just because of my ancestry. If I do, it is an act out of necessity. I believe that character is what truly is important, but I dare not tell anyone this. Neither my husband nor my family, since I fear what effect it would have on those who believe in the Old Ways more fervently than I.

After graduation I found a job and later met Mihael. I immediately knew that this was a man who needed someone's help, who needed someone to be there for him. Along with him I met Silas and Naomi, and that's when I knew this was my place. Those children needed a mother figure, and I wanted to be there for them. Because if I wasn't, who would? I never pried into the fate of Mihael's first wife because I believe I just have to be patient until he learns to open up to someone completely and stops being afraid of being judged. I just have to learn to live with the burden of secrecy and hope my character overshadows my beliefs.

I enjoy music, chess, swimming, reading and talking with Mihael, spending time with Silas and Naomi, and stargazing.

I despise anyone or anything that harms my family, ignorance, prejudice, too much sunny weather, being used, losing, unneeded cruelty, and adulation.

I'm afraid of losing anyone in my family, growing distant from Mihael, fire, losing, and being hated by those closest to me.

My strengths are my patience and cleverness.

My flaws are my tendency to overwork myself, and my difficulty trusting people.

I look like this.

My wand is a 12", smooth, Oak, and Unicorn tail hair core.

My pet is a great horned owl named Vellos.

My O.W.L. Scores Were:
Astronomy - O

Charms - A

Defense against Dark Arts - A

Herbology - E

History of Magic - P

Potions - E

Transfiguration - D

Wizard Law - O

World Studies - E

Mythology - A

My N.E.W.T. Scores Were:
Astronomy - A

Herbology - O

Wizard Law - O

World Studies - A

Potions - E

Defense Against the Dark Arts - A

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:20 pm

Hello, my name is Silas Gravemoore.

But I mostly go by Sisi by Naomi.

I'm a male.

I'm eleven years old.

My birthday is September fifth.

My dream job is to be a Hit Wizard or significant figure in the Ministry.

My blood status is half-blood.

The school I'm at is Hogwarts.

The house I'm in is unsorted.

I'm interested in both girls and guys, although I'm too young to care about this.

I'm currently with no one.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm antisocial and cruel. But that's just what people say, they're not the only things I am; strangers judge by what they see on the outside, after all. In actuality, I'm somewhat a contradiction of things. I am passionate, determinded, and know when to handle myself accordingly, yet these traits are directed inward; so to others, I just seem to be a reclusive and odd boy. A side effect of my introverted personality is that I very often tend to bottle up my emotions until people start wondering if I'm even a person anymore, unless I'm in one of those bored moods and decide to act sociable to fit the situation.

Fortunately, I found a way to cope with this "bottling up" of emotions when my father began telling me stories about when he was a student at Hogwarts. Namely, stories about dueling, about the war that happened years before, and about politics (he embellished his stories to capture my attention as a child). Those were always my favorites, when he would narrate dramatic stories of people accomplishing great deeds and such. Eventually I started daydreaming about dueling, about being strong, about finding a way to release all my bottled up emotions through spells and fighting. My father, being the only pureblood and wanting me to be a strong heir to our family name (since it's rather small, unknown, and mostly made up of muggles and half-bloods), encouraged my dreams, joy of battle, determination, and ferocity.

However, that's not the whole me, just half. Because of my education, I was taught to always be polite and only have friends if their loyalty is ensured. And because I never really kept the company of other kids my age, I'm naturally quiet. I prefer to be alone. I prefer spending my time reading and gaining knowledge because power fascinates me. Much of this is certainly because of my father's way of education no doubt, but I cannot deny my own inclination towards the knowledge tomes hold, or the feeling of accomplishment that accompanies a spell newly learned.

Throughout my childhood I hated my father and the way he treated my mother. And I love, I love my late mum and my little sister, the only two I completely open up to. Also, I'm oftentimes worried that as a kid, I'm too serious. I've noticed that my serious attitude almost always pushes other kids away, so I'm making an effort to smile more and be nicer, more sociable; although to avoid others feeling awkward, I've not really pursued an interest in making friends. I'm empathetic, but that doesn't erase my cruel and cynical streak.

This is where the contradiction comes in -- although I hold traits of cruelty and cynicism because of the lessons instilled in me, I have a desire to reach out. Not to befriend people per se, but to help them. Maybe do something significant for the benefit of the greatest number of people. After all, I don't like wasting anything, and if I have the ability to help others, I won't waste it. Maybe my desire to help others is fed by my seclusion, but I am not above using everything at my disposal if I believe someone is trying to get in my way. This of course means I'm not hesitant at using others or absorbing myself further in my desire for knowledge and power. However this desire to help is hindered by my own unwillingness to attach to others or interact extensively, thus I have yet to grow as a person in this regard.

My background story is full of family drama (which is why I was eager to join Hogwarts instead of being home-schooled like my father originally intended). My family is probably the definition of family drama, actually. My pureblood father married my half-blood mum, the daughter of a politician, and moved into an estate. I was born shortly afterward, and then that's when things started getting tense. I'm sure mum never knew that my father was so incredibly strict, overbearing, and prideful. I'm sure she wouldn't have married him if she knew. My mum was the kindest person I know, but she was also very weak-willed. She always cared, was always understanding, and never pressured me to be more talkative or to study harder so I can be strong, but also never did anything to stop my father from fighting with me and her. Their polar opposite personalities were almost always the cause for so many fights in the house. Up until I was six, my young mind devoured my father's lessons until I was convinced I needed to be the top student (once I started school), needed to be the strongest, and bring prestige to our family.

I never asked my father why him, of pure blood lineage whose family name probably extends throughout many generations, chose to lower himself and marry a half-blood (I was too young to delve into these kinds of thoughts, and even now I wish to wait until I am older to speak with him about the truth of matters). He always did desire to be somewhat separated from the wizarding world, as he told me, but then regretted that decision when I was born with many of the same magical traits he possessed, including being a Parselmouth. Because of the stigma the trait bears, he believed our family should live in hiding and under the radar. This mistake of marriage on his part, of marrying a half-blood, has torn their relationship and made me a witness to many episodes of emotional and often physical abuse. This is one of the main causes of my rapid maturity and secluded nature. I've always secretly suspected that his inclination towards secrecy was mainly caused by his family line's ability, and if it were made public, his abusive actions would surely come to light as well as deeper cement the stereotype of parselmouths.

When I was six, my little sister Naomi was born, and I never thought I could have such a protective streak. Eventually the fights in our house dwindled down because I stopped fighting with my father about his harsh methods of upbringing and my anger when it came to how he treated my mother. I would never allow Naomi to see any fights, thus I had to try to make peace with him. I bettered my relationship with my mum so I wouldn't have any regrets towards her when I started school, and for a few years matters were left relatively peaceful. However when I turned nine and Naomi four, things started to change when she caught my father and I yelling at each other -- the very situation I had dreaded.

When she saw us yelling and started crying, my father asked for my forgiveness. Of course at this, I just stood there shocked since I never knew he could be kind, but I did forgive him. Because I didn't know he had remained a Slytherin at heart from his earlier wizarding days and there was a chance he could just be deceiving me. That was the first time my father patted me on the head, crouched down so we could be at eye level, and reluctantly admitted that he'd been pushing me so hard because he didn't want me to graduate school with low grades and not find a job anywhere, and eventually living on the streets until I found an occupation -- which had happened to him. Or so he said.

With this revelation I thought things would start looking up, that my father would change and be nicer. But no, he didn't because as he explained to me, "I was still a young boy who needed strict discipline so I wouldn't grow lax". That was the excuse he used almost always.

At the age of ten is when I realized the potential for hatred one can have, when my mother "suffered from an unfortunately powerful case of food poisoning and allergic reaction" that resulted in her untimely passing, leaving her family fortune with my father. Not for a moment did I believe that lie. Fortunately by now I had already developed emotional walls and learned to look out for others rather than myself, so I just buried the grief inside like I usually did with family matters, unconsciously leaving it to fester, and became more concerned with how my sister would take it. Soon after mum's death, father remarried to a pureblood woman named Naphtali, and she moved into our manor.

It was with disgust that I found out that my father actually wasn't too fazed by mum's death, because now he was free to marry a pureblood, Naphtali, and live as he wishes, without punishment for his crime. Needless to say, I left his company with the resolve that he would be punished by my hand when I was strong enough -- no doubt he deserved worse than death -- and that I would do the best I could to do my part in society to change things so people like him wouldn't be given a chance to get away with things like this and live.

I enjoy dueling, reading, learning new spells, the Dark Arts, muggle art, flying, solitude, writing, visibly affecting others, chess, making someone laugh, violin music, going against stereotypes, and adrenaline.

I despise loud people, insistence, being around those who enjoy excessively talking, having an opponent who gives up easily, denial of self, needless greed, not being able to generally figure things out (a lesson, a puzzle, someone's secret, etc.), bullies, weak-willed people who are content in remaining that way, and corruption.

I'm afraid of my little sister being raised the same way I was, being too weak to reach a goal, my father escaping death, choosing to not do anything to help others who are also victims of corruption, dying, and the extent humans are willing to go to in order to accomplish something -- myself included.

My strengths include completing tasks and goals which I have set my determination to, and skill with wandless magic.

My flaws include being close-minded and oftentimes disregarding the feelings of others, often without even realizing it.

I look like this throughout my first-fourth year, like this in my fifth year, and like this througout my sixth and seventh year.

My wand is a 14" inflexible, decorated shaft, Yew wood, with Manticore Stinger core.

My pet is a great grey owl named Theseus.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you!
        I'm actually secretly hoping I someday find a best friend or trusted companion that I don't need to hold secrets against.
        I am a Parselmouth.
        I get easily annoyed by people and crowded areas.

pluit coronam

Dapper Rogue

pluit coronam

Dapper Rogue

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:11 pm

Hi, my name is Naomi Alexandra Gravemoore.

I'm a girl.

I'm 6 years old.

My birthday is August eighth.

My dream job is something exciting and where I can help a lot of people.

My blood status is half-blood.

The school I'll be going to is Hogwarts.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm very quiet and shy. I always hide behind my brother 'cause he seems really strong and he promised he would protect me from mean people and bullies (even though I dunno why, I never got bullied before), but I'm still shy about everyone, especially around new people. I hate it 'cause I'm so shy and that always makes Naphi and Sisi worry about me. I can tell they worry 'cause they're always saying how I need to be louder and more outgoing and blah blah blah. But they do that 'cause they don't know that I can be very brave and make lots of friends if I wanted to!

I'm also always sad now 'cause mummy won't come back no matter how many times I ask Sisi when she's coming back. I can't ask dad 'cause he gets really sad and then says he doesn't want me asking again. I know she's not coming back, but I don't like to think that. At least now Naphi is here and I can tell she loves us a lot, but I don't want to call her mummy like dad tells me to because I don't get it, mummy left, why would I call someone else mummy? But I love Naphi anyways and I always keep on telling Sisi he should also like Naphi since she loves us like Mummy did, but he just gets even more mad and starts talking about something else.

I don't think dad and Naphi and maybe even Sisi know this (since they're always saying how I'm so quiet), but every time we go visit people and it's just me and other girls and boys my age, I do my best to get lots of courage and ask a lot of people to be my friends! And then if I'm at someone's house and they have a big garden, my friends and I go on lots of adventures! I always like making friends and watching them prank the adults if someone dares them to. I would do it to but I'm way to scared of getting caught! 'Cause if someone's my friend, I'm not shy to them anymore.

My background story is something I don't think a lot about. I know that dad and Sisi always fought but then they stopped when mummy left. I always did my best to never get in their way so I wouldn't get in trouble, but then things got boring 'cause it was just me and Sisi when dad would go to work. There was some times where I showed my first accidental magic and a bit after that, that dad would always ask me of I could talk to other things other than people. Even though that's a really weird question I always said no, because I don't think people can talk to things other than people? Accept maybe pets, I always talk to Serza but of course can't understand her meows. Dad always seems relieved when I tell him this, but I dunno why and never asked.

Anyways a bit after mum left, Naphi came and she's like mum and I love her lots 'cause she always makes me feel better when I'm sad and is really nice. I know Kim's not coming back, and I try my best not to think Naphi is mum's replacement. Oh and she always lets me play outside in the gardens and sometimes takes me to the park and lets me make friends so I can stop being shy. She told me that Sisi will go to Hogwarts 'cause he's old enough, and I can't wait 'til I go to Hogwarts and learn magic!

I enjoy being around funny people, catching bugs, climbing trees, playing in gardens, and having family time when me, Naphi, Sisi, and dad all do something fun together!

I despise yucky tasting food, spiders, fighting, loud voices, really hot weather, and being bored.

I'm afraid of the dark, making someone in my family mad at me, someone not wanting to be my friend anymore, spiders, and heights.

My strengths are I like being helpful, and I have a big imagination.

My flaws are sometimes I don't like being told to do something by dad or Naphi so they call me 'stubborn', and I hate cleaning.

I look like this.

The pet I'll get for school is a mouse! Or maybe a bird?

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I don't really like reading but I feel bad 'cause Sisi is always reading and seems smart and I want to be smart to, so I make myself learn stuff when Naphi teaches me so I can make dad and Sisi proud. Oh, and I also wish I was funnier so I can make people laugh, but I'm okay with being shy. And if I have a friend I'm not shy around, I tend to go off on tangents often when I talk.

The Graveyard (Trash)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games