Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] As Long As You Don't Sing (Ami + Stormy)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:31 pm
The tipoff came from- of all places- Madeline. She'd let it slip that Stormy knew some Spanish, and that was all it took. Ami was a bloodhound, seeking Stormy out in the matrix that was Deus Ex.

Eventually Ami found her on the training field, doing who-knows-what.

"Hello, Stormy," Ami said quietly, approaching the area timidly and silently. She wasn't very loud or large- everything Ami did was understated. "Are you busy at the moment?"

ol-j-man
LAME LATE STARTS ARE GO Q A Q

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:13 pm
Once again in the midst of mid-morning training, Stormy had slipped into "the zone". While for most that meant having their head in the game and the ball rolling, for this particular trainee it meant going into a daydream state where she wasn't quite aware of what she was doing really. Her sword still swung and the blows still hit (most of the time), but she wasn't really there.

Her shoulders hunched with surprise when the sound of her name broke the reverie and, zombie like, Stormy turned to Ami and blinked sleepily. "Oh. Captain Amelia." She stuck Thane in the ground, wiped her hands, and gave a salute to the woman she had nicknamed after the lead female role of an old favorite movie, Treasure Planet. "Not really, no, just whacking away . . . I got stuck on the age old question of when a raven is like a writing desk, because I know someone had the answer figured out, but I couldn't remember, so I kept thinking real real hard and kinda fell into Wonderland like Alice, so I was imagining the dummies as, like the card soldiers and . . ."

Yeah, she'd keep going again if not stopped.

medigel

Anxious Spirit

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:23 pm
Ami's expression was deadpan at Stormy's little nickname. "One my name is Ami, or Amalie if you'd prefer. Not Amelia," she stated. Her name was always getting confused throughout her schooling career. Most teachers had used the insufferable "Amy," but there was also Amelia, Amadelia and Ay-ma-lee. She was used to corrections.

"Well to be honest I have no ******** clue what you're talking about, but I have some work that needs to be done and I've heard you can help me," she said bluntly, shooting a blank stare at Stormy. "Interested?"

It didn't really matter if Stormy was interested or not. The look on Ami's face clearly implied she was going to do it. No matter what.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:13 pm
. . . Oh! Oh no that's - "Pretty name," she cooed as soft as ever. "I didn't mean to mess it up, really; Miss Ma- Mads never told me. You just remind me of someone from a movie." She saluted again, apologetically so if possible. "I'll just call you Miss Ami or Captain so I can never get it wrong, then."

It wouldn't have taken much at all to get Stormy to do whatever someone asked, and the stern look the older hunter was giving her was criteria enough. Desummoning Thane into his dormant ring form, she wiped at her neck and bobbed her head. "What sort've work? Man the masts? Consult the star charts? Swab the poop deck?" She meant these as a joke, though her tone failed to reflect it. She also just wanted an excuse to say "poop deck".

chimarii

medigel

Anxious Spirit

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:48 pm
Ami squinted at Stormy suspiciously. Was she going out of her way to torment? Was there a reason Ami had earned this humiliation?

"None ... of that. We aren't doing any of that," Ami said flatly, shaking her head. This wasn't a ship, they weren't going to talk like pirates. None of that silly stuff- Ami was a no-nonsense girl.

If she disliked the nickname Captain, she didn't say so.

"No, I heard from Madeline that you speak Spanish, and I'd like a bit of language help," she revealed. "It would be easier to explain in the library." A glance went to Stormy's rather sweaty body. After training, no trainee would smell very nicely. "Perhaps ... after you've changed?"

ol-j-man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:00 pm
"Oh?" Her curiosity was piqued because it sounded like Ami wanted her on like . . . a secret mission. Ooooooo. The trainee hadn't even heard a word about it yet and she was ready to say yes. "Languages, huh? Like a tongue-tie-r . . . No wait, twister! Pablito piso el piso, pisando el piso Pablito piso cuando Pablito piso el piso, piezas de piso piso Pablito." She looked terribly pleased that she had gotten through that one without stumbling.

"Let's go then!" Stormy chirped, sailing over the comment about getting into something less sweaty. Missions waited for no-one~

Though she did head in the wrong direction for the library.

Look Deus was like still kind of confusing okay.

chimarii

medigel

Anxious Spirit

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:03 pm
Ami sorely wanted to give up on this trainee and leave. A very cross look came about her, and she almost walked away right there and then. Her eyes narrowed to an annoyed squint, just for Stormy.

Unfortunately, Ami had no choice in the matter. She'd opened up to the point of willingness for interaction, and now she was doing a project that not only instigated it, but required it.

"You're going the wrong way," she stately blunted, not following Stormy whatsoever. In fact, she didn't wait for the girl at all. Instead she turned in the correct direction and began walking. Ami was awkward like that, simply expecting people to follow her and do as she said. Even more so when she got frustrated that they didn't.

ol-j-man

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff