Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:33 pm
User Image
Yawning, Twinkleshine's eyes slowly blinked open to the new morning, soft light strewn against the natural floors and walls from a source she could never place, yet it came and went with the times. Time for another day she thought to herself as she slowly sat up, yawning and rubbing her eyes. No matter when she found herself drifting to bed or how long she remained dreaming, waking up was always difficult for her. She sat there for a moment, a minute, a few before yawning again, stretching her arms in front of her and moving to stand up, wobbling a moment before heading to her washroom.

A small egg, its side decorated with drawn markings of hearts and stars, rested against the side of the wall. It lay next to near nothing, for the girl hadn't really any furniture besides her bed, a dining table, and some kitchen drawers in her room right now. Long it had remained like that, since before it came to be discovered Valentine's Day, but now, something called to it. It told it to move, to break free of its shell for good.

Twitching slightly at first, it soon shook enough to cause it to fall over, producing a noticeable bumping noise as it did so.

Hearing the noise, the girl's ears twitched and she jolted her head up, splashing water onto the floor. Why was someone there to see her so early? Or... was it already afternoon again? "Coming!" She called out as she quickly turned off the water and dried her face with a hand-towel, tossing it down to the puddle before running across the room. To her surprise, nobody stood waiting for her on the other side of the door.

Again... That noise... But from inside the room? Closing the door, she walked around, trying to find the source, before setting eyes on the now-moving 'stone.' Or was it a stone? Atlantis had called it the songbird's egg, and if he was right...

User ImageEggs eventually hatch.

Suddenly, a crack appeared on the surface of the stone, splintering to another, then another, before the entire side seemed to coated by a spider's web. Close... So close... Just one more... Kick... With a crack, a small, clawed talon broke free of the confines momentarily before returning inside. Soon after small hands reached forward, breaking the shards away until the hole was large enough. The again returned before a loud shrieking-sounding squawk came from it and it broke in half, the remaining top of the shell sitting atop the young creatures head.

It turned to look around the room, its eyes setting almost immediately on Twinkleshine. Shaking its 'hat' off, it stared at her for a moment before squawking again.

Blinking, the girl, her eyes still half-shut from sleep, watched as her prize began to hatch, her mouth hanging open from the shock of it all. She jumped at each of the squawks and the snapping of the shell open, completely baffled by what was happening.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:24 pm
User Image

Confusion.

There was something new in the Tree...very new...and unknown. Rais could feel the worry and concern as if it was his own when he laid his hand against Laisidhiel's wall. His frown deepened the lines of concern already crossing his face. What could be causing the Tree such distress?

Hand trailing the wall, as if aiding his communication with the Tree, Rais began slowly ascending the staircase that wound its way upwards, pausing from time to time as if focusing on the source of the disturbance before proceeding.

o0_Daisuke_0o

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:45 am
Moving closer to the little... thing... that was now sitting in her 'rock's' shattered mess, Twinkleshine's thoughts were racing. Oh goodness... She had a baby! Well, she didn't have a baby, but she now had one... at least, she thought so. Reaching forward, she lifted the small creature and held it up, arm's length away, as she stared at it.

The little thing's eyes blinked calmly as the larger pae came closer, flapping its wings as it felt itself be lifted and squawking again, louder this time. As it made eye contact, it grew silent for a moment before softly chirping and humming at her, her wings uselessly flexing and her small talons clawing the air below her.

Laughing lightly, the girl brought the bird a bit closer to her as it began singing. It was actually rather cute... Yes! She would keep the little thing; no way she could return such a small and helpless little thing to wander alone in the woods. That would be simply inhumane and a complete disaster for her reputation, well, what little one she actually had so far.

More importantly, now that it was staying, it needed a name to be called by. She thought long and hard for a few moments before making notice of its lightly brown-colored feathers and friendly behavior, much like some of the birds she had known in her homeland. She would name it in honor of them! "Hello Sparrow~?" she softly said, bringing the bird to rest against her body.

Being brought closer and being talked to, Sparrow coo'd lightly, rubbing her face into Twinkleshine's bosom. It clearly seemed to be taking a liking to her, much like how a duckling associates the first animal it sees as its mother.

Teigra

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:45 pm
Pausing outside one of the newcomers' alcoves, Rais hesitated. It was here. Whatever it was. He wouldn't normally barge into the private living space of any of his people, but...this was a concern, not just of his, but of Laisidhiel itself. Knocking lightly on the wall before he entered, he figured that was as much politeness as he could afford at the moment.

Entering, he froze, blinking at the Fauny and the small feathered creature she held. She wasn't even one of the feathered Faunies, else he might have entertained odd thoughts that perhaps this was what baby Faunies looked like...

No, it was definitely not Faun-like in nature at all. Else, Laisidhiel would not be whispering to him of strange things in the Tree. He frowned, unsure of how to proceed at first, then simply asked, "What...is that?"

o0_Daisuke_0o

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:19 am
Turning as she heard a soft knocking against the door, Twikleshine was very surprised to see someone actually coming to visit her: the leader none the less. What particular timing; it was as if he knew that the egg would be hatching at that very moment. Looking to Sparrow, she shrugged before addressing his question, trying her very best to be polite.

"I do not know..." she paused for a moment before deciding to continue, figuring he would want all the details she had. "I brought a stone with me from that horrible party weeks ago. I thought it was just a stone, but... but Sparrow, that' is what I decided to call it, came from it only moments ago."

Pausing again, wondering if this was proper, she hesitantly asked her own question. "Is there a problem with it?"

Teigra

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:08 pm
It hatched from a stone? Rais looked over the shell fragments scattered about the floor and admitted, perhaps it had been mistaken as an ornamental stone at first. But now...?

"You don't know?" He frowned, looking over the bird-like creature. Despite the odd features, wings, talons...much like a bird, he thought...it seemed that it could possibly be Pae'il in nature. Though...admittedly, not like any Pae'il he'd ever seen or known.

What did that mean?

"Sparrow, is it?" he muttered, crouching down to look at the creature, to see how it behaved. If only he could 'read' creatures as easily as looking into their eyes. This creature, no more than a baby it may be, was an unknown.

"I'm afraid there is a problem," he admitted, still frowning. "Laisidhiel is not only a home, but a sanctuary for all who serve her. It is a place where she, and I, can guarantee safety to her residents. But, this child...child though it may be...we don't even know where it came from, or what it is. How can we know the nature of one when we do not even know its origin?"

He sighed, standing once more. "If it were not a child, perhaps we could simply ask and find out more about it, but as it stands, that's obviously not an option. I know it is but small now," he said, shooting a sympathetic look towards Twinkleshine, "But how do we know that it will not be a threat as it grows? It already shows signs of a predatory nature. How can I guarantee my people's safety when we know little to nothing about the nature of this child?"

Well, this was turning out a bit more awkward than some of his official duties. Yes, it was only a child...but he was uneasy about allowing some strange creature within his tree that he knew nothing of. He had his people to think of, and Laisidhiel first and foremost. If he must do so at the sake of one unknown, well...

"I am...genuinely sorry, but...I cannot allow that child to stay here. You of course are welcome to keep your home here, however, the child needs to go. I cannot allow it to stay here, until we know more about what it is and where it came from. Perhaps later..." he trailed off. What would come of this if he allowed it to return one day? At least, if it were older, and could speak for itself, make its own choices...

"I am sorry," he repeated, feeling uncomfortable about basically throwing a child out, but at the same time, firm in his belief that it needed to be done. At least for now. He'd send out some scouts, see if he could find out more about this odd creature in the meantime. "You can have the time you need to make arrangements for it, but it does need to leave, at least for now. I'll look into this mystery in the meantime."

o0_Daisuke_0o

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:44 pm
Sparrow turned to look at this strange man, so close to her, unknown to her. Watching him, she was fine until he grew quite, after which she whimpered lightly before squawking at him, turning afterwards to 'hide' herself in Twinkleshine.

Wincing at the squawk, she gave the chief a hesitant smile. Oh boy, the bird was not doing itself a favor right now. Listening to his words, however, her smile slowly started to fade. "B-but... But I can make it good..." Was he really saying what she heard him saying? "It's just a baby... It can't live by itself..." No. No, this was horrible. "Please, you... You can't just do that, not to a baby." She looked up to him, pleading.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:58 pm
Rais tried to ignore the twinge of guilt, looking at the Fauny's distraught expression, her plea so sorrowful in his ears. He almost relented...but he had so many others to think of.

"I'm sorry, really I am. I'm not saying it has to be abandoned in the wilds to fend for itself...it just...can't live here. Not right now. Maybe, when its older, able to make its own choices, if it wishes to return, it can appeal to Laisidhiel if it wishes to follow our laws. But until then, I have to think of our people."

He placed a hand on Twinkleshine's shoulder, his grip firm but reassuring. "You are still a resident of the Tree. You are free to come and go as you wish. As I said, you'll have time to make arrangements for it. You do not have to leave, but if you do, remember you are always welcome to come back when you wish. We can provide assistance, especially if you remain close. We do have residents who prefer to live outside the Tree. They are still welcome to the hospitality that all share under Laisidhiel's boughs."

Hesitating for only a moment, Rais took a seat beside the distraught Fauny. "Please, try to understand. I have so many under my care; I have to consider everyone's safety first and foremost."

o0_Daisuke_0o

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:00 am
Twinkleshine looked away as he came close, trying to see from his point of view. Her 'acting career' actually was good for that sort of thing, as she could just take the other 'character's' perspective and imaging how they would have to act in the situation they were in. What he said made sense; she didn't even know what it was or could become, since she had never seen something like it before, so how could she, or he, be assured that it would never become dangerous?

Perhaps in time they could, but not yet.

Looking back to him, she nodded once, glancing down to it. "I... I understand..." she once again looked to him. "I'll go take it outside of the tree, but I'll be going with it as well. Hopefully, I can bring it back someday to see it here?" Was that a question? She didn't even know; she barely had gotten used to living in the tree, and now she was going to leave. It would be fine if Atlantis did not mind her coming to share his house with him, otherwise she would have no place to go. "I just need a couple of days to make sure I have a place to stay and pack my things..." what little she actually had, "...and I'll go."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:19 pm
Rais nodded solemnly in understanding. "Of course. You can have more time if you need it," he added quickly. He hadn't meant to imply that she only have a couple days to make arrangements. "I just ask that while you remain here, you keep a close eye on the..." He hesitated, looking down at the cowering tot, wondering for a moment what to even call it. "...the err...chick? Just to make sure it doesn't get in any trouble with anyone. That's all I ask." Something that young and that small couldn't make too much trouble, right? Probably shouldn't ask that out loud though. Likely to tempt fate.

Standing, the Faun Chieftain looked down at Twinkleshine with a gentle smile. "So much has happened lately...I do appreciate your understanding. Just remember, if you need anything, please ask. You're always welcome to return as a loyal resident of Laisidhiel. We'll always be willing to help with food or other supplies. And maybe, when the chick grows a bit...well, we'll see what sort it turns out to be." He laid a hand on her shoulder, squeezing gently. "I am sorry again, to have to put you in this position after only just settling in here."

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:12 am
Nodding, Twinkleshine smiled lightly, reassured by his touch. Even if she left, she would still belong here. She really didn't know how to provide for herself much at all, and she could barely cook without a threat of fire, but hopefully her friends outside the tree, Atlantis, Tafari, and Lust, could help her out with that. Of course, she'd be the one to actually get the supplies, but they could use them. Maybe they could even teach her how to properly cook? Shifting the weight of the bird in her arms, she replied, "Thank you, I will most likely come back pretty often to get stuff."

Breaking the grip, and hoping that wasn't rude, she moved to set Sparrow on the floor a bit away, as it had fallen asleep. "I'll make sure it doesn't do anything too bad before we leave, though hopefully that won't be a problem." Not seeing any other reason the chieftain would have to talk with her, she stood facing him, politely waiting for him to announce his leave.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:04 am
"Of course." Rais nodded solemnly, stepping back to give her room to deal with the tot. "You are always welcome." He smiled now, feeling that the matter was settled on a more positive note than he'd originally feared.

He moved towards the door, pausing to lay his hand on the wall. The earlier concern and confusion he'd earlier felt from the Tree had quieted, and his own mind was eased by the revelation. He inclined his head politely to Twinkleshine before taking his leave. "Please, be sure to collect the supplies you think you'll need before you go. May the Earth guide your hooves on your journey." With that, the Chieftain stepped outside, leaving the Fauny to deal with her new charge.

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers