Welcome to Gaia! ::

My Little Phony

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Phonyland! 8D 

Tags: phony, phonies, phonyland, unicorn, pegasus 

Reply My Little Phony
Not-So-Special Somephony (Chocolate Orchid + Ikebana) fin! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Atmadja
Crew

Romantic Humorist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:02 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Ikebana had two hours to kill, and he wasn't sure how to kill them.

He had come to the market with his mother, who still needed to shop and do... whatever it was that mothers did. For himself, he meant to go to the same flower cart he always visited in the market, pick out a few nice blooms, and relax to do an arrangement. Today, however, none of the flowers were speaking to him. It was cold and blustery, as February should be, so it was of no surprise that the flower stand had very few interesting blossoms. Still, Ikebana usually succeeded in finding one or two things that sprung his inspiration, but not today.

With a sigh, he trotted back, taking a look around himself for anything interesting. His eye followed a few phonies, trying to ascertain if he had any acquaintances nearby to chat with, pass the time, maybe even stop into a cafe with...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:22 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Chocolate Orchid was also in the marketplace, although for slightly different reasons.

While he had also come with his mom to the market, their trip had just been for groceries for the bakery, a quick trip that was easily completed. In fact, Mama had left long ago with the items and Orchid had decided to stick around, a rarity for the shy phony to do. For awhile, he had simply been wandering, staring at the shops here and there and thinking of recipes but now, he was watching the crowd and searching for a familiar phony to talk to, which admittedly were few and far apart. However, his eye caught a familiar looking golden phony, whom who seemed to be gazing at someone else. What a perfect opportunity! Taking a minute to gather his courage, Orchid slowly approached Ikebana.

"H-Hi Ikebana." He said, trying an awkward smile.

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

Atmadja
Crew

Romantic Humorist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:12 pm
Ikebana started, surprised to be hailed. As often happens, while engrossed in looking for someone else, he was fully not expecting to be spotted first, himself! He turned his head to see the pale violet unicorn he'd met previously, who was now looking at him with a not-wholly-at-ease smile on his features.

"Chocolate Orchid," Ikebana said, his voice pleased. He offered the other a smile, trying to lessen the colt's feeling of awkwardness. "I did not see you there. How are you? Are you shopping?"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:00 pm

Ikebana's smile did ease Orchid a little and his grin turned from awkward to a little more at ease. "I'm pretty g-good, I was shopping with Mama but she already left. I was k-kinda lookin' around to see if anyphony was here." He paused, then asked "U-Uhm were you shopping or anything? I-I'm sorry if I bothered you."

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

Atmadja
Crew

Romantic Humorist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:01 am
The champagne-colored phony shook his head, his gentle smile still on his face. He was happy to see the other col relax, even if just slightly.

"No, I am not bothered. I was actually just looking about to see if I could find an acquaintance. My own family has gone shopping and I am afraid I lack anything to do in the meanwhile." Ikebana said, nodding in the general direction of the shops. "Are you free? We could go get a snack at a cafe, if you like."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:40 pm

"I-I'm definitely free, it'd would be l-lovely to go to a cafe." He replied happily, taking a slow step towards the shops. "Did you see a-anyone you knew while you were o-out shopping? It's always nice t-to find friends." Orchid asked, wondering who else might be around. While he wasn't acquainted with many others, it was always nice to meet newer people or maybe even someone Ikebana could have a crush on!

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

Atmadja
Crew

Romantic Humorist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:09 am
"Excellent," said Ikebana with a grin, gesturing toward the cafe with his head as he walked with the other phony. He listened to Chocolate Orchid's words, wondering to himself if the colt's stammer was a speech impediment or an affectation caused by his shyness. Consequently, it took him an extra moment to answer, giving him the appearance of thought. He pressed open the cafe door and lead the other colt inside.

"It is always nice, and I'm glad you saw me! I thought I saw someone I knew before I saw you, but I was wrong. Just looked like them from afar," Ikebana said, finding an empty table for two and sitting down in one chair. He looked around himself at the other phonies in the cafe. His eyes lingered on one particular filly. "Although, actually... I do know that filly back there, the pink one. We are in the same art class."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:46 pm

Following behind Ikebana, Orchid gave a quick glance around the cafe as he waited for the colt's reply. He seemed to be thinking, which was fine by Orchid as he was trying to look and see if anyone else familiar was around or if anyone Ikebana knew was around.

Luckily for him, as he was situating himself in a chair and listening to Ikebana talk, Orchid caught Ikebana staring at particular filly. She was quite pretty in color and from the way he talked and lingered his gaze... Orchid gave a small excited smile. He could just smell a match being formed!! "Oh? T-That's really nice! What is s-she like, she l-looks very nice." Orchid asked, trying to slyly get information about the other.

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

Atmadja
Crew

Romantic Humorist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:06 pm
Ikebana craned his neck to look back at the pink filly and then to Chocolate Orchid again. He was surprised by Orchid's interest in her, but who knew? It was either polite small talk or Orchid liked the way she looked and wanted more information... maybe even an introduction? Ikebana misinterpreted Orchid's excited smile and smiled himself just slightly at the idea.

"She is nice. Her name is Funny Valentine, and she really is rather witty. Fun to sit by in class." Ikebana looked back over at the filly, who was sitting with her friend, another girl... He tried to remember what he knew of her from class; did she ever mention having a crush? Or blushing over some stallion or another? He didn't think so. "I think she's unattached..."

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:02 pm

"R-Really? That's wonderful, i-it's always hard to f-find friends I find." Orchid said quietly as he considered Funny Valentine's personality compared to Ikebana's. They seemed like a pretty good pair, he was rather smart and she was witty he said, so why not try and match them up. He chewed on his lip for a minute, figuring out a way to pose his next question without seeming too rude towards the young buck.

"So uhm," He started quietly, taking a glance at the pink filly before back at Ikebana, "How much d-do y-you l-l-like her?"

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

Atmadja
Crew

Romantic Humorist

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:09 pm
The question took Ikebana quite by surprise. Unless -- maybe Chocolate Orchid was making sure that the way was clear for him, just in case? After all, he seemed a timid sort, and not the type who would want to step on any toes...

But, that didn't seem to make all that much sense, either. He had just seen her for the first time...

Ikebana looked back at Funny Valentine for a moment, and then at Chocolate Orchid, somewhat at a loss. Well, he might as well be honest, one way or another.

"Uhm," he said. "She is very nice, but I do not know her that well, really. I -- I'm sure she'd make a great friend? If-- you are interested, that is."

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 6:41 pm

Chocolate Orchid was somewhat confused by Ikebana's reply, his brows furrowing as he quietly worked it out before finally a blush coming across his face. "D-Do you n-n-not like her? He stuttered out embarassedly, now looking down at the table instead of Ikebana. How could he have completely misinterpreted everything? He was supposed to be good at matchmaking, not messing everything up!! His blush intensified, now a bright red as he realized his failings.

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

Atmadja
Crew

Romantic Humorist

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:56 am
Ikebana took a long, confused moment to look at Chocolate Orchid's expression. Had they both been wrong? Poor Funny Valentine -- had both of these colts been laboring under the misapprehension that they could set up the other? A faint grin cracked at Ikebana's face, incredulous and slightly sheepish. "Oh -- wait. Do you not?"

He put a hoof to his face, mildly embarrassed. Nothing to do but own up to it, he supposed. "Well... well then. I guess we have both been a little silly."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:07 pm

Orchid laughed a little, surprised that they both had been wrong about their thoughts. While still embarrassed, his face still quite red, he was glad that they had both been thinking something similar as it made it not that bad. "I-I think we have." He said, grinning a little as he met Ikebana's gaze. "I-I'm sorry though. I think I should h-have been a little more honest i-in what I was thinking." He added on shyly, realizing the situation could have been entirely avoided.

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

Atmadja
Crew

Romantic Humorist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:29 pm
"No, do not apologize," said Ikebana with a faint laugh, shaking his head quickly. There was no harm done, even if it was fairly awkward for the both of them... and it was nice of Chocolate Orchid to think of him, he supposed, even if it hadn't turned out quite right in the end. He was a fine young colt, and a nice friend. "I was also thinking the same thing -- but it is no matter now! Everything is cleared up." He smiled easily. "Come. Let us relax and have a drink instead."

PeanutButterpies
I think we could end here, if you like!

My Little Phony

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas