Reply [IC] Jini-msemi Lands [IC]
[PRP] Changes (Maeve x Remo)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:06 am
Maeve was struggling to adapt to life in the mountains. Leaving the swamplands, though devastated by the fire, had been heartbreaking to the lioness. For as long as she could remember, save for a brief time in her adolescence and adulthood, the swamp had been her home. Once again she had to adjust to life from it.

It was safe to say that the dark furred lioness could often be found in a sour mood.

She had moved with the rest of the pride because there was nothing left for her in the swamplands, without a swamp she would be homeless. At least here, in the mountains, she was with her fellow pridemates and more importantly her mate. She still struggled, at times, with the idea of having a mate. Of being permanently settled down, but she was managing.

She'd never been good at dealing with commitment but Remo was special and she loved him. It was a strange thought, she loved him. Loved him enough to settle down and move as necessary. Loved him enough to decide to have children. A new experience she was still growing accustomed to.

Wooga Paes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:59 pm
Despite everything that had gone down with the Jini-misemi these past weeks, now Mtermeo found he couldn't possibly be happier. Not even if the swamp made a miraculous, instant recovery. He had precisely everything he needed and wanted already! Maeve and their two beautiful, perfect cubs.

But even in his bliss he reminded himself that this arrangement was far more difficult on Maeve than on himself. This wasn't the future she had imagined for herself, and so he felt he needed to be more attentive to her wants.

He gave her as much space as he could bear, and tried his best not to be infuriatingly happy around her, no matter how he felt. Which was why he approached her now looking rather neutral. "G'morning."

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:55 pm
When he addressed her Maeve tried to put on a face and not look so irritable. Her mood was so sour however that even her well practiced, pretty smile, looked forced. It was rare, the days that she couldn't put up the front she had perfect. "Morning," she replied offering him a somber smile.

She was trying, really, but the lioness was not used to not getting exactly what she wanted. This was certainly far from what she wished for. "How are you adjusting?" She asked, trying to sound happier than she felt. "How are the cubs?" She asked, brow furrowing slightly.

She had left them with Remo earlier if only because she needed some space. She could only play pretend for so long. There was much adjusting for her to do. "Where are they?" Mild panic began to claw at her chest when she didn't see either trailing behind him. "Please don't tell me you left them alone."

So many changes, so much to get used to.

wooga Paes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:06 am
He could tell, as usual, that she wasn't feeling her best today. Mteremo felt guilty, because it was inevitable for him to think her unhappiness was in many ways his fault. "I'm well. They are too."

Then when she seemed to become alarmed with the fact, he felt a little taken aback. Oops. Maybe he should have opened with that. Honestly, Mteremo didn't know much about what lionesses were like with their children.

"Don't worry!" He smiled, making sure to look calm and relaxed. "My mother's with them." That was a big help. Avani was always eager to spend time with the grandkids.

Nuxaz

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:21 pm
Visibly she relaxed as her shoulders were no longer hunched with tension and relief flooded across her face. "Thank the spirits," she whispered, releasing the breath she was holding. "I'm sorry. I'm new to this and I don't know what I'm doing or how to feel and with the swamp drying up and..." she trailed off, her voice growing quieter and quieter with every word. Her tone became more strangled and suddenly she turned from him trying to hide her face as she felt her face become flushed.

"I'm sorry," she mumbled sinking to the ground and burrowing her head in her paws so he couldn't see the twisted, pained expression her face. "I'm trying. I'm trying," she continually repeated.

These changes were so hard, so foreign to her and she struggled to cope with them.

wooga Paes

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:09 pm
It hurt him to see her like this. Partially because it made him feel all the more guilty, but mostly just because he loved her. Maeve needed to be happy. Nothing less. He laid his ears and hesitated a bit, before taking a couple steps closer to gently touch her shoulders with his nose.

"It's alright. I know you're trying." Remo said, and searched his mind for good words right now. For something to say that would make her feel better. "I know it's hard. Don't worry. I... you can tell me anything, you know? If... if i helps."

Nuxaz

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:05 am
She felt like a child again. She felt as though she was throwing an unnecessary fit but she was upset and everything was going wrong. She turned her head towards him, craning her neck to press her nose against him. "The move, the move is what is making this so hard for me," she admitted heaving a heavy sigh.

She could have handle motherhood if she had her swamps.

"I miss the swamps," she lamented pulling away and burrowing her head in her paws. "I spent so long looking for them and when I found them. They dried up."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:20 am
And burned down. His mind pathetically filled in. He sat down and returned her touch gently. "It's terrible, I know." In all reality Mteremo was handling it better than most, and oft felt a little guilty about not feeling quite as upset as the rest.

He didn't quite know what to say, either. At times like this people didn't usually want optimism. No one wanted to hear 'chin up, just keep going'.

"Maybe the swamps will recover. Or, rather, I'm sure they will. Just hopefully they won't take too long." He suggested.

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:32 am
"But it won't be the same," she mumbled, words muffled by her paws. And it was unlikely they would return. She thought to herself. The mountains were lovely and she had little doubt that her children would love them but she struggled to quell the ache in her heart that had come from losing her beloved swamps.

She was certain others despaired as greatly as she did, there were others who cared more deeply for the swamps than she but still. It was like losing a beloved family member.

"I'm tired of changes. I do not seem to adapt well."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:00 am
No, she was right about that. If the swamps really did recover they would be different. Many of the old trees had died, animals scattered. "I guess not." He conceded.

"Changing is hard. No one blames you." He smiled wanly. "Or at least I don't." Mteremo shrugged. "Besides, as far as the kids go you're doing a great job. Especially when you think about all we've been through." Sometimes he could stil smell a bit of ash. It was probably psychological.

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:39 pm
Maeve pulled herself up and moved towards her mate. "Thank you," she murmured, leaning against him. "Really, I don't think I would be able to handle this transition if you weren't here." Maeve had always been strong and confident but losing the swamp, settling down and having children had shaken her.

She never foresaw herself settling down in the beginning, let alone having children.

"The children are fortunate enough to not understand the tragedy we have gone through. It is likely they will not know anything but the mountains."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:48 pm
He smiled sheepishly, like a shy cub being praised. It make him feel better when she said such things, reassurance that he did make her happy. "I don't think I would, either." He said honestly. Mteremo figured that one of the reasons he was dealing with the loss of the swamp so well was just that he had so much more important things to occupy himself with.

"No, I guess not." He sighed, and felt a little sad at that. His cubs would not know the swamp growing up, as he did. Mteremo thought that was a shame. It had been such a nice place to grow and learn.

"Would you like to go on a walk with me?" He suggested. "You know. My mom's got the kids, and maybe we should get to know the area better. Soon we'll need to take them exploring."

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:02 pm
Maeve contemplated his offer quietly. Many parts of her still wished to be alone, she was still grieving but she needed to considered that she was focusing too much on the bad. She needed to see the good in the situation.

Change was terrifying and she was slow to adapt but she wasn't alone. She didn't have to struggle alone because she had Remo by her side.

It was enough.

"Okay." She replied, slowly nodding her head.

And they started slowly, with Maeve pressed close to Remo taking comfort in his presence. She would be okay. She would be okay.  
[IC] Jini-msemi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games