Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ruyail
Captain

Malevolent Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:42 pm
Another typical day in another lifetime it seems. As you sit and watch the world go by, you notice there is something.. different in the air. Something that wasn't quite the same as yesterday. Those around you seem less chipper than before. The world is somber when just a few hours ago, it was happier. It seems there was a shift in awareness that you were not quite aware of yet. People seem.. afraid, but no one seems to understand what they're afraid of. Shops are closed, people aren't on the street. Those who are seem.. to look past you when they look at you. As if they knew something was lurking beneath your skin. A monster. You can't help but stare at people as well, as they pass. Those who dare not look at you. It's as if you can see their inner self. Their sins.

As your vision begins to haze, it seems that things are turning... blue? The world dissolves around you in what could only be described as one clearing their vision. As your head turns left.. then right, you see people around you, but they aren't really there. Your head turns as you look upon a diminutive man. His eyes are closed and there is a young man, blonde sitting beside him in what looks like a bellman's uniform. He is looking straight into you. As if he sees what everyone else saw. You look behind you, to see if anyone else noticies.. but there is no one there. You are sitting alone.. in a rather exquisite and completely blue room.

"Welcome to the Velvet Room." A strange voice calls your attention back to the pair who are seated close to you. The small man and the bellman. Who did the voice come from? You open your mouth to speak, but nothing comes out.. but it sounds like a thousand voices ring out in the same strange, strangled cry. "Please.. do not speak. Time is of the essence, here. My name.. is Igor." The small man looked up at you and everything stops. His eyes, bulging out of his skull truly do see through you. He offers a smile as you nod your head. Your head is oddly heavy. You look down at your hands, but see only a blur. "I would not of called so many of you to this place, but it seems that you are needed. Your fates have been forever altered and it seems that my hands were tied. If you would, Charles.."

The bellman nodded to the man called Igor and turned his attention to you.. or was it them. You could still not quite shake the feeling that there was someone other than those two in the room, sitting in the very same spot you were, but how was that even possible? "
I wish we could of met in different circumstances. I would of liked to get to know you better, but it seems that there are forces at work that have put the entirety of our world in jeopardy." The bellman tapped the book in his lap. "I am Charles, and I will be your guide in the Velvet Room. You may come here at anytime that you need assistance and I will help you in any way I can."

Igor pushed himself up a bit, his hands on the table. "It is a dark day for your kind, and I pray we can shut out the dark before things truly get out of hand, but for now... tata.."

Your vision cleared once again and you were on the street, sitting where you had just been before. The name was on your tongue, but it would not come out. Igor.. It was a mystery to be certain. You look around to see if others had seen the same thing. Some looked as mystified as you, but it seemed hazy now.. as if it were just a day dream. That's what it had to be.. a day dream. Life would continue as it had before. There was nothing left of that moment in your memory, at least until the man would come around once more.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:22 am
T H E . O P E N . R O L E P L A Y . A N D . Y O U

The first open roleplay! WHOO! There are a few ground rules to go over, but I'll make it as quick as I can!

BE NORMAL! No one, besides the Velvet, currently have their Persona, even if you're accepted!

HAVE FUN! The main point of this roleplay is to have fun. If you can't have fun, why do it?

UNKNOWN?! Everyone is invited to play with us in the open roleplay! Even if you don't have a quest. Be sensible, though. Don't bring fifty million characters in that might never get used. If you have an idea for someone, roleplay them out here~

COURTESY IS THE BEST POLICY! Don't godmod, make the situation uncomfortable, or anything like that. We're all friends here and we want to create an awesome roleplaying enviornment! Don't damage that by doing crazy things that'll make Ru ban you! 8[

MOAR RULES! If the situation arises where the staff needs to make more rules, we'll do it. There will be an announcement so you're not left in the dark!

Persona Merged
Vice Captain

Ruyail
Captain

Malevolent Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:35 pm
Cel blinked for a moment then looked around her. Had anyone else seen? Surely that was simply one of those moments where she flashed back. Granted, they so rarely happened anymore, but if you had done the amount of drugs Cel did back in her day..

She shook her head and stretched a bit, suddenly feeling like she had been squished by a thousand bodies. She frowned and stepped outside of the empty bar to look out on the street. She covered her eyes with her hand as she looked around for a sign of life, any life. That flash of.. whatever that was... had reminded her of what people said about the afterlife. How you see God and the light... but she never thought Michael would of been so handsome. Or was that Saint Peter?

She really didn't keep up with such things. She stepped out a bit farther, looking for a sign of anyone. Just to prove to her doubting mind that she had not been left behind after the rapture. "Yo! Anyone out here?" She looked back at her sleazy workplace and shrugged some. She'd make sure she'd be safe.. even if it was the end of days and zombies were going to be coming to nibble at her toes.

She stepped out a bit further and called out again. "Hello?"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:29 pm
“O-oh.”

Robin slowly recollected where she was. Walking, right, walking… Around town. It had been a nice day, but things started getting weird. People began to retract, to hide. Shops were closing down. It was like they all heard the cue to retreat, everyone but her. Her steps kept getting more and more nervous, faulting. Then there was the flash, the people, and that… Nose.

What had he said? Something about… Her head throbbed and Robin forced herself to stand. No one was about. Was it the end of the world? Optimism surged through her. No no! Just coincidence.

“Anyone out there?”

In the eerie quiet the voice carried. Before her mind could grasp it, she was running to the voice.

“Hello?”

“Hello!” Robin called back, finally coming in to view of Cel. She breathed heavily, running a hand through her red locks, “Hello! Yes! I’m here. A-are you all right?”

Magician Arcana
Crew

Eco-friendly Shapeshifter

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25

Auric Halcyon

Feral Wife

14,200 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Hero 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:54 pm
Jubei had been sitting down to a late, quick lunch at a soba stand. Mr Miyanami made the best ramen and soba within walking distance of Jubei's office and he had needed a break after screaming at someone on the phone for almost an hour. It was also something of a reward, because Jubei had won the argument and the new branch in Nagoya would have the right towels on stock, the ones that his department had ordered for them, not the crappy ones their supplier had tried to fob-off on them. His thoughts had been on the mountain of paperwork still skittering across his desk and the flavour of the red bean paste ice-cream he'd get after work, when he swayed in his seat, insides lurching as everyone around seemed to... well... leave.

He'd stood, shuffling down the road a bit before the vision, daydream... whatever, took over him. The worst wasn't the weird halucination so much, as the feeling that someone was behind him. Shivers ran down his spine, even after the sombre message was delivered and he spent a minute turning in circles, trying to catch a glimpse of-- well... the ghost in his mind?

He forgot about his lunch and walked down the street, frowning at the lack of people and the quietness of the city. It should have been busy, bustling... where was everyone?

Then, someone called out from a side-street and he saw a girl run past, answering the voice. He tugged at his collar a little, rolling his tongue over his lips even as he searched his jacket for a cigarette. Rounding the corner he noticed there was another woman standing outside an empty bar; obviously the origin of the first voice.

They seemed to be the only people on the street. His hackles still raised, his eyes darting around nervously, he lit his cigarette and put his other hand in a pocket.

"Oi, you two- did one of you do this?" He gestured around them at the empty streets and general queer atmosphere the landscape had taken.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:03 pm
Cel muttered under her breath. Thankfully, many Japanese were not interested in her native tongue. It gave her a chance to curse as strongly as she wished without a soul understanding her. She twisted her head to see first a cute little chubby redhead then another kid older than the redhead calling out to her. She let out a soft strain of Romanian, probably bashing someone's mother and their father's virility.

She stepped out farther in the street and put her hands on her hips. Her normal attire, which often consisted of goth-inspired clothing, tended to frighten people. She might as well use that to her advantage now. She frowned some and moved towards the girl first. "I'm all right, and you?" She tilted her head and gave the girl a smile. "Sorry. I guess I was just daydreaming. I had an awful thought that the rapture had come and gone and somehow I missed the train." She nodded towards the other guy shouting at him.

"I didn't do anything that you can prove, eh?" She relaxed instantly figuring she was going to be the calm one in this situation. She scuffed her boot in the ground and looked around for more people. "Are we the only ones left here?" She blew her hair out of her face and looked at the girl questioningly. "I'm Celestina, Cel for short." She offered her hand. "And you are?" She gave her another soothing smile before shouting at the dude. "If you got a spare, I'd bum a cigarette off of ya!"

Magician Arcana

Auric Halcyon

Ruyail
Captain

Malevolent Shapeshifter

Auric Halcyon

Feral Wife

14,200 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Hero 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:59 pm
The lolita girl was muttering something in-- well, he was pretty sure it sounded like Romanian (he was good at identifying weird languages, -not so much speaking or caring what was being said in them-) that sounded like she wanted to order some cake or something, before slipping back into Japanese.

He missed her comment about the rapture as he was busy looking around the street for more people. Well, it seemed like it was still eerily deserted.

A snort as the girl *Cel* denied her responsibility in what was going on- like she wasn't suspicious enough by virtue of being a foreigner? Hn. He glanced at the younger girl who didn't seem to all that threatening and decided maybe neither of them were responsible right then and there.

"Tsch.
" He approached a little closer like a wary tiger and held out a paw, or rather, his crumpled cigarette packet from one foot. It was clear up close that while he was in a suit and tie, his long hair and piercing were hardly salaryman standard.

"Kagami." His business card appeared in one hand, neat black writing scrawling out the kanji for his name, furigana next to the rather complicated set. Kagami used the kanji for mirror, perhaps the most simple compound on the card. He flicked it away before long and drew another drag of his smoke, blowing it under his breath, unconcerned if one of the girls took offence to it.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:50 pm
Rapture. Was that what this was? Robin tried to recall all her Sunday School trips back in America, but besides songs like 'Jesus Loves Me' and eating snacks while coloring in crosses, nothing about the rapture came to mind. Maybe she was panicking over nothing?

There was another man and he, Kagami, and the first woman, Celestine or Cel, chatted. "I'm not entirely sure what's going on, but.. It certainly isn't our faults."

After a moment of recollection, Robin nodded to Cel. She found addressing her to be easier than the Non-salary-salary man Kagami, "Perhaps we should go inside? It might be dangerous out here."

Magician Arcana
Crew

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25

Persona Merged
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:02 pm
[[ Since it seems it's going to only be the three of us, I'm going to go ahead and roll on with this shite~ LET'S DO THIS! ]]

The world began to grow... dimmer? As if something were covering the sun, but if one were to look, there wasn't anything hiding it. There were soft, squishy noises coming from what seemed like just behind Kagami. A small black spot began to appear with it came an overwhelming sense of.. despair? Rage? Something. It was hard to tell what the emotion was as it swirled and became a small pool of tar-like substance.

A voice called out from the distance. "It's over here!"

Two men appeared, one huffing while the other seemed to be just fine with the sprint from one street to the next. They could of been twins, though one's hair was much longer than the other. The shorter haired male put his hands on his knees, a rather nice looking blue and black uniform protesting the bend. The longer haired man looked at the people who had gathered. "You need to leave. Now." His voice left no room for discussion as he bolted past the two girls, seemingly on his way for Kagami, but at the last moment he moved to the left, shoving Kagami away from the black spot. "Charles! Get them out of here!"

The shorter haired male, now known as Charles gave them a weak smile. "If you would please come with me.. it would be most unpleasant for you, if you stayed. Argos has never been known to.. behave when it came to civilians." Charles offered the way back inside an alley. "We will be safest here, if you do not mind.."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:10 pm
Cel blinked for a moment, not quite understanding what had just happened. The cigarette had just made it to her lips when the two strange twins? appeared near them. The longer haired one had been so insistent on them leaving.. and now the shorter haired one was trying to get them to go into an ALLEY?

"Sorry, Gents, but uh.. I think we're going to have to decline. While your offering of candy and cartoons is nice, we don't want to get into the van. Stranger danger and all of that.."

Ruyail
Captain

Malevolent Shapeshifter

Magician Arcana
Crew

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:25 pm
Dread, a lot of it, and so suddenly. Robin felt the urge to run, screaming from the alley. Looking up between the buildings revealed the clear, blue, sunny sky. So why was it getting darker?

Two men appeared, running towards them. Robin was too surprised and too afraid now to speak. Only when the red suited on, Argos, had passed did she blink out of the daze. Cel spoke first.

Robin turned her attention behind her and that's when she saw it. A shadow of some sort growing, larger than Kagami. Gasping, she grabbed onto Cel's arm, "L-look! Look at that! Behind Ka-agami-san!"

What the hell was it!?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:06 am
Jubei twisted, his unruly hair flying over one shoulder as he looked over his shoulder; ever since he'd found himself alone at that ramen stand he'd felt that uncontrollable itch between his shoulder-blades and now... finally, there was... nothing but an ominous, dark street. A darkening street. Like the shadows in the doorways were lengthening, the sky fading away.

This was highly irregular, he felt his hackles rise, if it was possible for his hackles to rise any further, and darted out of the way of the incoming blue-clad man.

Surrounded by foreigners, it seemed. He inhaled, the very picture of unconcerned as he dodged the incoming man, a small, clean puff of smoke escaping his nostrils as he moved with all the grace of a man used to dodging sudden attacks and knowing the difference between when he was targetted and not. Smooth.

"More foreigners, eh?" Kagami huffed, flicking ash from his still burning cigarette as he neatly stepped closer to the twin addressing them in the blue uniform. "If I find out this is some game-show...." He left whatever threat might accompany that statement silent, since his instincts told him this wasn't a game-show.

Looking at *Cel* and her objections he shrugged. "Don't worry, I'll beat him up if he tries to kidnap you and the kid." But his expression said he doubted that was the case. And besides, he had a bad feeling about being out in the open right now. An alley limited them and these uniformed game-show hosts in movements.  

Auric Halcyon

Feral Wife

14,200 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Hero 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
The World As We Know It | real world

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items