Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] A Tinkers Work Is Never Done [Cadhla/Bri & Amaltheia] Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Candle Wick Ghost

Romantic Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:28 pm
❥ A Tinkers Work Is Never Done

This is a private RP between Cadhla, Briallan ( lysia_nyteblade ) & Amaltheia ( Candle Wick Ghost ).
Please do not post without being invited to do so! Thank you.

User Image

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:59 pm
User Image Lately Amaltheia had been troubled by something. Something she couldn't get rid of because it was apart of her yet this something was dangerous. As she had learned from previous encounters. Her troubled eyes took to the growling plantlife that had made a home on her rump since birth. It seemed pained and sad and because of that Ama couldn't help feel sorry for the poor thing. This thing had actually gained a name, so had the rest of them. The one on her rump she had named Snappy, reason being because any living creature that strayed near it, it would snap at.

She assumed they were hungry and that wouldn't pose too much of a problem if it wasn't for the fact that they had a taste for meat instead of berries and shrubs like her own kind did. The other she had come to know was Fetcher. The butterfly triffid that followed her around wherever she went;varying only when it got the whiff of something tasty. He wasn't the one that caused too much of a problem for her or the ones around her since his listening skills were much better. At her call he would come and it was a trait she adored in the little creature.

The other two she hadn't noticed were even there till a short while ago, having been pointed out by a friend. How that had managed to take her by surprise she would never know. No one had ever pointed them out to her before but a lot of unanswered questions finally found a close. She had been plagued by hushed growls most of her childhood, she thought that they belonged to predators and countless times it had her nervous and paranoid that she would be jumped at any moment. Turns out, it was all her after all.

With a gentle shake of her head, one of those hushed growls surfaced and she couldn't help but let out a chuckle despite the worries they were causing the mare. If she could find a solution to their feeding and their violent natures, then she could come to terms with their presence and accept them however right now she was just too afraid of the damage they were capable of in future. It could be anyone, her parents, sibling and that wasn't something Ama was going to allow.

Her faith today was in the shadows. She needed to act quickly and since she had completed what had been asked of her today she thought it wouldn't hurt to take a wander further out of the herds grounds. She slipped in to the forest, travelling further and further in to it till the dense forest surrounded her. These parts were usually the most dangerous but if anything were to draw near she had no doubt her counterparts would warn her. Looking to a shadow by her side she waited till it gave her a sign on which direction to lead and eventually in the eerie dim lit part of the forest it did. Swiftly twisting right.

"Thank you." She chirped with a polite bow of her head, following it instinctively. If she headed further a field, there was no shadow of a doubt she would run in to someone that would help her find what she was looking for.

Candle Wick Ghost

Romantic Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Flatterer 200

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:02 am
He was taking a break from the day's tinkering. Stumped on some calculations that how ever close he knew he was the answer still eluded him. Walking into the open commons area, he looked to the sky, the air was still slightly cool, the sky a bit over cast and he felt an unusual need to just run. Kicking up his hind hooves, he bucked and gave a small snort before tearing from the tree line, his lengthy mane trailing behind him with his tail.

So this was the feeling his great grandmother had always tried to explain. The sheer joy of running, the wind in his face and mane. Growing up he'd often shied away from too much of the rough housing his sisters had done, burying his thoughts into things they didn't really understand. He was like the black sheep of his family. With all his smarts, he was still awkward and as he'd grown older, his awkwardness had only grown. He'd gone from the goofy smart foal to the tinkering stallion he was now, towering above his mother like his father did only with that lithe form his grandfather Oracle possessed.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:03 am
User Image

After quite a lengthy walk in the direction the shadow had pointed out, the border of the forest came in to view. Amaltheia paused in her steps, she had never travelled this far from the herd before. Looking over her shoulder, her eyes carefully took in the dark forest behind her. Even in the day time, this part was shadowed by night. Forever a winters day. She pondered on whether she should go forth and if doing so would allow her to reach home before the day was out.

If she didn't, then another night of the wailing would commence as well as their need to chew on a member if anyone drew close enough. No, this was something that had to be done, for the sake of keeping the herd members and anyone who drew near her in the future safe from their clutches. Looking back to the tree line she marched forward, the light becoming brighter and more intense that it stung the blacks of her eyes. She narrowed her head as to help shield them from it whilst they adjusted.

It was then that the sight of another entered her vision. An icy coloured stallion galloping by. She squinted to try make more of his features clearer to her. From what she could see he had a long, brilliant, shiny blue mane and tail that whipped back behind him with the wind. A grin filled her features as she admired the carefree scene before her, his enjoyment of the wind against him was apparent and she couldn't help but give off a light chuckle forgetting only for a moment what her quest was for the day. She decided to keep quiet for now, instead of calling to him, as to not disturb his run or to catch him off guard and risk startling him.

Candle Wick Ghost

Romantic Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Flatterer 200

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:51 am
Candle Wick Ghost

He continued to gallop around the meadow enjoying himself all the while. He hadn't seen the mare as he passed by her his speed and mane having made that a rather difficult task. It was as he circled around that his mane caused his to slow to a trot and gradually to a stop from there. His mane had clung across his face, getting into his eyes and now stopped, he shook his head trying to get it to set right once more. Of all the inventions he had thought of, never had he found a way to both run and have his face free of his mane unless he had it pulled back. Sadly for him he wasn't like his parents who had their own familiars to aid them with such things. He had to settle for either borrowing their deft little paws or struggling with his mane when he did cut loose and run.

Finally free of his mane, he took time to look around. Not that anything ever really changed drastically around them, say the absence of the herd his grandmother had a friend of. They'd moved on recently though he had no way of knowing why. He supposed it was just one of those things that was best described as 'it was just the right time for it' as an answer.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:24 am
User Image

She continued to watch the stallion, it was such a peaceful setting and she couldn't help but feel at ease from it however that was soon to change. When her mane started to shuffle, she frowned. "No." She let out with a sigh. The triffid butterfly spread it's wings, giving off a pout as it lifted to flutter by the side of her face. In their last encounter, it had caused quite a fuss. Almost becoming a meal for a much larger creature.

Now that Fetcher had made his move, the triffid on her rump started fidgeting giving off small, agitated growls. The two on her head then chomping their jaws but not giving away much other than movement. Looking back to the stallion she guessed it was better she made her move to ask if he knew of anyone or anywhere she could seek help from.

In his run he had closed the distance between them, passing her and stopping a short distance away. His mane had blinded his features when blown in to his face, reminding her of the problem her sister continued to suffer from. Moving out in to the open, a smile slipped across her lips.

"Hello!?" She called out, throwing her voice out to him as well as she could, falling in to a slow trot as she approached him. "I'm sorry to interrupt you however I'm finding myself troubled and I'm wondering if you could point me in the right direction." She gave a bow of her head in greeting, Fetcher seizing the opportunity to fly closer to the stranger to obtain a bigger dose of his scent.

Candle Wick Ghost

Romantic Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Flatterer 200

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:44 am
Candle Wick Ghost

He heard the mare before he could see her as he struggled to get his sight free. Once his mane was settled, he flicked his ears, the blue rose and yellow ribbon shifting slightly with the motion. "Help you need is it?" His ears flicked forward as he took in the sight before him. She was certainly unlike any mare he'd seen before. Instead of hair for mane she had leaves.. and plants that looked like they might just bite him if he tried to investigate them further. His withers shook with a tremble. Oh most fascinating indeed. this was a new discovery for him. Plants parasitically growing from soquili? or were these more to air her and Benign than parasites?

He was just about to step forward to investigate this new discovery and unload a list of questions that had flooded to mind when a tiny little creature with wings flew forward, investigating him first. "Why.. Hello. little one.. I think?" His ears gave a small inquisitive flick.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:48 am
User Image Lifting her head, the words he spoke alarmed her. Seeing that Fetcher had taken the moment to spring forth and invade the stallions personal space sent a wave of dread throughout her body. She gulped, holding on to hope that he wouldn't bite the stallion, her silence speaking for her anxiousness on the matter. Fetcher was taking his time, twisting his little head to one side as the stallion spoke to him. He was getting used to hearing voices other than Amaltheia 's ones that weren't always of the same species but this one was;another of the deer-folk. He let out a squeak and then fluttered closer to the stallion's face, out-stretching a wing to touch the side of his cheek to see what he would do.

"Erm..." Ama gave a nervous chuckle, continuing to watch in anticipation. "Yes, I'm in need of help." She nodded to confirm. "Actually, you're looking right at it." Her eyes flickered to the one on her rump. "Or should I say it's kin." Sighing, she turned her eyes back to the stallion however she was more than surprised that he hadn't acted disgusted by seeing her considering how normal he was compared to the soquili she had met outside of her herd. "Fetcher, the butterfly triffid isn't my main concern. He seems to be more obedient and disciplined than the others. Snappy, isn't."

At the sound of his name, which had been made apparent by now, the much larger triffid snapped it's jaws. "He bites at anything that gets close to him. The other two I'm not so concerned about either but I'd rather be safe than sorry... I'm worried they will seriously hurt someone, if I don't find some way of controlling their hunger." She frowned at this, she was uncertain if anyone could help her but she hoped by giving the stallion the details he may be able to shed some light on the situation. For an Advisor's apprentice, she wasn't doing so well at advising herself lately.

"My names Amaltheia but most prefer to call me Ama. May I ask your name?" She asked, plucking up a welcoming smile for him rather than leaving her problems on a dull note.

lysia_nyteblade

Candle Wick Ghost

Romantic Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Flatterer 200

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:05 am
Candle Wick Ghost

He didn't flinch as the tiny creature touched his cheek. Instead, he turned his head so as to get a better look at it. "Fascinating." He murmured as he watched it. A plant with wings.. This certainly took the cake as far a he was concerned. He wondered just how this could be possible. Had he hands, he might have been tempted to reach out and tough it.

Turning his attention back to the mare, He gave Fetcher the side of his face that held the rose adornment. "I see.." He gave a look at the other plant creatures on her. "They do look like they could cause some trouble of their own.. Have you always had them? or was this some form of illness?" He needed to know as much as he could if he was going to even attempt to help. For all his tinkering, he was so far stumped with her afflictions.

"Cadhla, My name is Cadhla.. though my family Just calls me Cad."
He gave a slight flourished bow like that of his father and great grandfather. He'd learned some form of proper introductions while growing up. Only, he most often forgot them while trying to investigate the out of ordinary.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:28 pm
User ImageFascinating wasn't a word she heard often to describe the creatures that had made a home of her body and she couldn't help but smile in delight at the stallion she now knew as 'Cadhla' as he interacted with her smallest companion. Taking a moment to admire his courteous bow, sign of a gentleman. "A pleasure to meet you, Cadhla. Would it rude of me to refer to you by your nickname at all?" She bowed her head gently once more in return, feeling compelled to do so at the brilliant display he gave in his introduction.

Fetcher didn't need telling how amazing he was, a creature that was already rather in love with itself. Confidence was something it could of done with less of as it allowed him to wander off and do exactly what he had done when approaching the stallion. It was a wonder to Ama how he had remained in one piece in his short life.

Her eyes took the to fellow cerynei's as he turned his attention back on her, ears twitching curiously at his words. Fetcher moved in on that beautiful hair decoration once it was presented to him whilst the other two started conversing, attaching to it like it was his move valued possession, instantly falling in love with it he rubbed the side of his... Face, against it affectionately.

"Not an illness." She gave a chuckle. "You're correct, I have always had them. I will forever be their 'host' however I haven't always bared this many of them." Her eyes rolled instinctively upwards as her mind drifted to the other two upon her head. "It was only recently that I discovered the other two were there, when someone had pointed them out. Fetcher appeared to me around the same time."

lysia_nyteblade

Candle Wick Ghost

Romantic Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Flatterer 200

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:40 pm
Candle Wick Ghost

"Cad's fine.. I know my full name can be a bit of a mouthful to wrap your mouth around." He gave a friendly sort of smile. As Fetcher settled into his rose, one ear cocked back towards him, a small chuckle escaping him. It seemed his rose would not be forgotten in this visit.

"Hmmm.." Born with such plant like creatures.. how very strange her parentage must look, he thought to himself. Unless this was all the cause of some sort of trickery bestowed upon her when she was but a babe. "Well then.. Lets see if we can't figure them out then shall we? I'm not much good with plants... but.. I might know some one who could possibly set us in the right direction. My expertise revolves mostly around contraptions gadgets and gizmos.. I invent them and though not all work... it's all trial and error."  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:34 pm
User Image "Not at all!" She chirped. "Cadhla is a wonderful sounding name." She gave a nod, wondering if she had offended him at all by asking, that was something she would never intend to do. "I just feel nicknames gives meeting others a better and much more friendlier experience." Perhaps it was just how her own nature worked, wanting to make everyone around her feel at ease and to know that she was nothing but a gentle soul, eager to meet many people and befriend them so long as they weren't the sort that was going to eat or attack her.

She offered him a smile which became wider as he continued to speak. He knew someone who maybe able to help her? Even better he was making it plural, as to point both in the right direction. She couldn't be any happier than she was at that very moment.The shadows had been right to point her in this direction. Regardless of what anyone else thought, the more she put her trust in them, the more they continued to do right by her. She couldn't help but giggle. "That's fantastic news! I can't begin to thank you enough."

Something more had caught her attention, something that triggered her curiosity and interest. "Contraptions, did you say?" Leaning her head forward, her ears stood up on end till they resembled the likes of a bat eared fox. "How do you create these gadgets and gizmo's? They sound very interesting." Her eyes held a playful touch to them. "Could I see some of them? If it wouldn't be too much of a bother that is... Maybe there would be something you could invent for me?"

Upon seeing them, there could be a slight chance that a fresh pair of eyes would be able to help with his trial and errors or that with his generous help, there was at least something she could do to return the favour. He had no idea how much she appreciated this but she would make sure that he did by the end of their meeting.

Meanwhile, Fetcher paused in his delicate rubbing against his new fancy when the ear came folding back towards him. A slight warning growl escaped his jaws feeling that somehow it was capable of prying it away from him, the sound that escaped him was pitiful, without the potential to scare even the smallest of animals of the forest away.

lysia_nyteblade

Candle Wick Ghost

Romantic Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Flatterer 200

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:02 am
Candle Wick Ghost
hahahahahahaha fetcher... the growling makes me think of a new born kitten hissing *snerk*

He gave a nod his ears flicking forward once more. "Ama, You are most welcome." He stated looking back towards the entry to his grandmother's herd lands. "My grandmother leads a herd near by. she's familiar with plants beyond me.. If we can't find her I'm sure my mother would know where she is."

He'd turned beginning to lead the way when she asked about his contraptions. "Ah yes.. I've been inventing things since I was a foal.. Little things at first.. but... no invention no matter how big or small is any less important than the next. I've been working off and on on a gliding contraption for my sisters.. well I should say i finished it as a foal.. I'm just trying to make it better.. perfect it even further.. Though not all the work was mine alone.. My mother's familiar helped me with the finer details..."  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:32 am
User ImageShe looked to Fetcher, shaking her head at the noise he let out. The poor thing had no chance in the wild, no wonder he had decided to follow her. "Do you live in the same herd your grandmother leads?" She asked, never knowing there was another herd so close by to their own. Or was it? Suddenly she was questioning how far out from her own herdlands she had actually wandered from. It didn't really matter either way, out here she was responsible for whatever happened. At least Cad was friendly and there didn't seem to be any stray SW's lurking about. As far as they were aware of.

It may of seemed like a daft question but not all chose to stay with their kin, some decided to follow their mates or leave to find their own path in life, taking off to travel the land. She was happy to follow after him when he started walking, knowing they were heading in to new, unfamiliar territory had Ama both excited yet nervous. Thankfully, Cad had some information she was willing to whisk up and make use of to distract these hard to restrain feelings that were flooding through her.

"Gliding?" She looked to him as they walked. "You mean this invention gave your sisters wings to soar the skies?" Her jaw fell slack, letting out an awe to admire the image it left printed in her mind. A ground being able to spread wings and fly? It seemed impossible but she was open to the idea. What amazed her the most was the fact he had the ability to think these ideas up and recreate them. "You must be very talented, to be able to create such a thing even as a foal. Your parents must be proud."

And a very handy familiar they had around indeed. Did Oke possess hidden talents like that? That wasn't a thought she needed to linger on for too long and turned her eyes upon the direction they were walking in.

lysia_nyteblade
Haha yes, something like that! I love him. He is so animated. XD

Candle Wick Ghost

Romantic Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Flatterer 200

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:49 am
Candle Wick Ghost

Giving a nod, he continued to walk on a familiar path. "More or less... I've bounced back and forth between visiting my great grandparents and father's family to staying close to my mother in her mother's herd.. but mostly... I've lived in the primrose herd."

He gave a grin."I made it from bits of the abandoned two-legged's homes..." Brow furrowing he tried the best way to explain this. "Well.. yes.. and yet no.. When they were little it held them... But only so they could experience gliding off a hill top.. Short lasted fun.. but it was a start.. I'm trying to improve it though.. So they could actually fly some day..."

He chuckled lightly as he thought of his mother's anguish over his constant distracted state. "Well.. I guess they might be.. though my mother worries that I spend too much time tinkering. I just want to make things to help those around me.. Even if my knowledge give my sisters cause to think me some replacement by some creature... My mother always said I'd been a little different from the start.. late to pop from my basket, afraid to come out till they coaxed me. I was usually bringing home strange things when I'd go out to play, and make them into new things.. and at first it started out with small things then got to be bigger projects and even the false wings took most my youth. By the time I'd finished it my sisters and i had nearly outgrown it, so you see they didn't get much use from the thing in the end."  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff