Dream A Little Dream - Over! Thanks! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Astraea Pandora

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:40 am
User Image

Endless Dreaming's gone and done it again. He's managed to have a clutch of REAL kimeti with what he thinks is a dream mate. Endless was always a good father, but remained completely convinced that his every action, conversation, and moment with you was a dream.

You're an adult now, and ready to strike out on your own. But you have foundness for your father, even if he thinks you're a actor in his slumbering play. Tell him a grand story about the adventure that you're going off on now that you're grown up, the more fantastic, the better!

Up for grabs are Doe 1, Doe 2, and Buck 3. To win them, all you have to do is tell Endless Dreaming a fantastic story about where you're going to go or what you're going to do now that you've grown up! Endless thinks that you just another part of a long, happy dream, so he'll believe almost anything.

Replies can be as short or long as you like (though avoid a novel if you can). You may only enter for TWO of the kin, so pick carefully!

Also, I'm going to ask, if you already have a offspring from Endless Dreaming, that you not enter! Trying to spread the love!

The other two bucks are named (tentatively) Grave of the Fireflies and Spirited Away. Yes that is a theme, no you do not have to follow it.

Contest will run from Feb 1st through Feb 8th!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:46 am
Buck 3:
[size=18][color=orange][b]Dream A Little Dream For Me...[/b][/size][/color]
User Name:
Kin Name:
Story:

Doe 1:
[size=18][color=green][b]Dream A Little Dream For Me...[/b][/size][/color]
User Name:
Kin Name:
Story:

Doe 2:
[size=18][color=blue][b]Dream A Little Dream For Me...[/b][/size][/color]
User Name:
Kin Name:
Story:

Astraea Pandora

vilegloom

Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:07 pm
Dream A Little Dream For Me...
User Name: Khryssie
Kin Name: Rising Wind
Story: From the very day her conscience awoke, while she still grew and developed in her sac, Rising Wind had a mind that rivaled her father's with the way she dream and fantasized. Her head was always filled with whimsical creatures and exciting adventures. So it came as no surprise that she had an answer ready for when the question was asked-

"Where will I go? What will I do?," the light-hearted doe couldn't help the wide smile that stretched across her face. "I'll seek out the faeries, of course! When the wind dances through the trees, I can hear them laughing and dancing on the branches. I want to find them and dance with them, I want to celebrate with them, and feel the satisfaction of finding them when no one has ever found them before."

As the doe turned tail and began her own personal adventure, dreamed up a long time ago, one would swear that they could see the twinkle of an impish wink between the branch-like markings upon her hindquarters.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:23 pm
User Name: Scaramouche Fandango
Kin Name: My Neighbor
Story:

She knew she'd have to tell him in the morning. The morning was the time to make this kind of announcement; it wouldn't do for a heroic agent to slip away in the night. No, that implied she never wanted to reconnect with her family, that she was guilty of something, or that she was fleeing- and none of that was true. She understood how narratives worked. It was time for her to go into the world and seek her fortune, but she wasn't truly sure she was ready. She wasn't the oldest, the youngest, or even the middle child. She wasn't the seventh son of a seventh son; she had no symbolic significance in the saga, and she wasn't miserable enough to play the spited daughter in a drama. She thought to remain with her kin, but... then she'd never have a story of her own. If she didn't have her own tales to tell, she might as well just be the background of somebody else's. So as the world blossomed into pinks and purples, the doe approached her father.

"Father," she said. "I have slumbered in your swamp for seasons long. But it has come to me that I must tread a different path- for you see, father, I am destined to meet others, to connect and befriend them. Father, I have other dreams to dance through. Why be named neighbor if you live alone? It is my destiny to seek out other dreamers and meet them and share their dreams. And, if I can, help their dreams come true."

The doe was quiet for a moment, biting her lip in thought. She needed to word this carefully for it to make sense. She'd grown used to her father's way of thinking, so used to it where there were days that she wasn't sure she wasn't part of his dream. "I don't believe this is the last you'll see of me, father. But I do believe that it will be a while before I once more come to mind. I leave to learn, to fly, to swim, to sing. I leave to discover the adventure and peril with which the world is fraught, and I go to help those who would struggle through it. This is what I must do- I must go to meet them all." Deep down, she knew that she couldn't meet every kin in the swamp. This would be an impossibility. But she knew the role that she played, and the significance of her own name. She hoped that her explanation, her role in the meta-structure of the dream itself, would be enough to mollify him. "It will be a grand adventure for me- tame at times, probably, and nothing heroic- but to be neighbor to the dreams of all? I can think of nothing more interesting. I will dance through the trees with the clouds at my feet, I will fight monsters in the night sky, I will shine like the moon- I will be unlimited!" She nuzzled her sire's forehead, looking at him fondly. If his dreaming made him happy, she hoped he'd never awaken.

"This is your dream, father, and you know the secret of my origin. But I can't stay here any longer, because I have another part to play. Dreams don't always make sense- while most of the creatures see have a purpose and a reason, sometimes somebody moves through your dream that you've never seen before. Somebody misplaced. Perhaps the character is just passing through to a different dream- a refugee from somebody else's sleeping vision. I am that refugee, father, and I must move through all of the other dreams, to inspire, befuddle, and amuse. There are so many other dreamers, father. Then, once I have become part of all other dreams- then it will be time todream my own dream." She lifted her head high, proud and smiling. "In that time they must be mine, whatever dreams may come."  

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

Patmos of Endtimes
Crew

Benevolent Shade

11,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:33 pm
User Name: Patmos of Endtimes
Kin Name: Perilous Lands
Story: Father, I'm going to be the greatest of heroes! I am here now, but soon I will wander, to places no kimeti has gone. I will fight monsters and rescue does. I will discover a place where the sand is pink and the sky is orange, where it rains up instead of down, and where trees walk. Beyond that there will be a great water, and on this will float islands of gold, that move with the waves and wander like nomads. I will hop onto one as it nears solid land, and I will eat fruit that has never been seen. I will sing with birds far stranger than any here, and I will meet a doe so pretty and innocent that she will have never known sorrow or sin. Together, we will fight a monster from a land so distant that no one can reach it, and I will bring you back its head. Doesn't that sound wonderful, father?

Doesn't it?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:04 am
User Name: Ruriska
Kin Name: Always with Me
Story:

She had never been very good at telling stories. Words were not her speciality. She preferred meaningful silence. But that would hardly do now. No, her father deserved more than that. Life would hurt her. It would be difficult now that she was stepping out of the dream world Endless Dreaming had created. But he would never know that. When she left him behind, it would be with knowledge of the grand adventure his dream daughter was going to embark on.

“It’s time for me to go,” she began, forcing a smile onto her face for his benefit, “to a far away place. I will travel over the land, beneath the boughs of grasping trees and across the desert. I will ride the sand up and down great dunes until I reach the mountain. I wish you could come and see my climb that mountain, father. Nothing can hold me back as I race to the top. Not wind or snow. And do you know what’s up there? My true love. Because that is what all journeys should be about: finding your one true love.”

A hopeful smile grew in place of the fake one; even if she would never climb any mountains, that last part… that would be nice. “Together we will bound down the mountainside as if we had wings and onwards to a world that nobody has ever seen before. There we will have many children and our family will be happy. I hope that even though I will be a far away dream for you father, you will still always remember me. Think of my joy and know I wish the same for you.”

And then, incapable of more words, she turned and left.  

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Sarano_Krem

Feral Knight

13,615 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Battle: Knight 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:36 pm
I love this idea, easy to get into character.

User Name: Sarano_Krem
Kin Name: Treetop Dream
Story:
When she was young, Cloud acquired a love of stories. She most fell in love with hearing the naming dreams of others, as they told the story of who they were. Now that she was old enough to go out on her own, she wanted to go and explore the lands and hear the stories of other kin she would meet along the way.

She went up to her father, nuzzling herself against his neck as she spoke, "Oh Father, I can't wait to go out on my own. I'll meet so many kin with so many interesting names. I can't wait to hear their stories. I bet they'll be wonderful and awe-inspiring. Maybe, one day, I'll see you and tell you all the fantastical stories that I've heard."

She then trotted around her father with a look of happiness about her face, "Doesn't that just sound wonderful!" Soon she started to gallop towards the tree line. "I'll return to you with lovely stories," she said, the last of her word barely being heard as she disappeared behind some bushes.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:01 am
User Name: raquel5181993
Kin Name: Chasing the Mists
Story: Chasing the Mists made her way over to her father, picking her way across the ground with careful thought. She had decided, and now it was time to leave. Calmly she stood before her father; she had pondered his questions, "Where are you going, and what will you do?" She had her answer. "Father, I can vividly recall the dream from whence I found my name. The wood where I discovered who I would be. The shadows and the light. The mist and the trees, I saw the kin I am now, play amongst. I shall seek it, and I shall make it my home.

[Okay, I ended up creating the naming dream so I could write my entry better. It's a quick mock-up, but I thought I should include it. :p]
User Image

So quiet. So, so quiet. Was she the only one? Only one... what? Alive? Was she even that? She didn't know. She wasn't truly even here, she could tell. Merely observing, what - she did not know.
Something moved in the shadows. Suddenly a doe burst forth, dashing down the well worn path. Fleeing perhaps, toward the light. She turned her head back towards the shadows. No pursuant. A laugh from the doe, who now had entered the light. Shock rattled the observer to the core. It was HER. The doe was her, or what she thought would BE her. She was running again, flitting between the trees. She was chasing the mist. Playing with the elements as if they were her best, and only, friend. Perhaps they were. "Chasing the Mists," the observer mused. Was that her name? It felt right. With that the scene and her consciousness faded.

Whippie

Anxious Voter

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:14 am
User Name: Blinded By Silence
Kin Name: Purple Dragon [Poppy]
Story:

"The world is a dream, my dear. The very fabric of reality is yours to weave. There is nothing that you cannot be."

That was the thought that drove Purple Dragon gently spiraling into her sweet, blissful insanity. A wonderful present from her beloved father, the very buck who stood before her now, dreamily gazing, waiting, being.

"I can taste it, Father, Fate's Essence prickles on my tongue like the blackest of berries. It is spicy and oozing, melting like thoughts into words," She starts, gazing, glossy-eyed past the trees around them, "I will do amazing things, Father. I will chase the sun into his den and bathe in the light of his mate. I will listen to stars as they whisper their secrets to me. I will break down mountains and mix it with oceans and paint them in the sky."

Her eyes are wide, glittering almost, like the energy from those secrets could burst from her at any moment. Her mind is swimming, expanding, shrinking all at once. It is terrifying. It is wonderful. It is how it should be. Poppy stands tall, excitement pulsing through her.

"It is screaming in my veins, Father! The heavens, the heavy, thick midnight pelt above us is the map that guides my heart and it is my heart that I must follow into the dark abyss that is the future. I will tear the sky open and let fall the key that unlocks my life's mystery. That, Father, is what I will do."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:49 pm
User Name: SilverShieldwolf
Kin Name: Drip Drop
Story:She looked for her Endless dreaming, she needed to tell him of her planned trip. Would he remember it? Only the Motherfather would know. Today was the day to leave and travel. "I am leaving today, Father. I want to continue my story. This part has ended and I want to find a special someone. Meet some of the other kin and the animals. You know me, I love the animals." Her head tilted as she moved closer.

"I want to be a mother to each of the kin, a family of all our cousins. You would be the grandpa of them all." Her eyes widened at the thought, "I would bring them back to visit you." Drip Drop gave her dad a nuzzle, turning. "Later, Father. I am going to start on bringing even more kin around. Show them the dreams we have. It is alright if I take these right?" She nudged the special food that she found.

User Name: SilverShieldwolf
Kin Name: Firefly Skies
Story: Her steps quick and silent as she ran to her father. Today was the day! "Dad. DAD!! I am off to see the world." Her feet pranced as she continued, in a sing song voice. "Shining, shimmer places! I want to see the colors of the wind. The tallest trees with the eagles flying around them." That was how she left, singing to the sky. Her feet light and quick as she followed the sunset behind the swamp. The gleaming of the water tossing her shadow back  

SilverShieldwolf

Alien Shapeshifter

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:00 am
User Name: Strawberri Stardust
Kin Name: Never Turn 'Round
Story: He watched his father for a moment, wondering what kind of land and creatures invaded his constant dream-state. He envied his father that, though his hooves were planted firmly on the earth. He wondered vaguely what it would be like to walk through life as if it were a dream. With a light sigh, he smiled affectionately at his father and began to speak. "I may never explore the earth or have marvelous adventures, but, Father, I will walk the path my life takes. I will take the small adventures that are thrown at me with grace and dignity. I will learn from my mistakes and help those around me. I may not dream as you do, but I will yearn for love and family. I will travel far for those that mean worlds to me. I will break hearts and have my own broken, I will weep for lost chances, lost opportunities, and lost friends. I will remember fondly, but I will never look back and I will never turn 'round.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:01 pm
User Name: Purplerosesbeauty
Kin Name: Only Yesterday
Story: It was only yesterday she started this dream, it felt. Much like her father, everything was rather dreamlike to her. She could hardly discern from her real dreams to the reality she lived... And at last, she had grown, and in her father's dreamplace she would bid him farewell.
"Oh, it has been so long since we first began dreaming together, father," Only Yesterday began. "But I want to spend my dreaming years searching. For you again, for my siblings, for light and life! What a wonderful dream it will be. I do not ever want to wake up. I will roam the entire swamp, I think! I will meet thousands of souls who will become my friend."
A pause, a sensation. "I think the dream will shift, father. I hope we can meet again in our dream lands. Please keep me in your dreams. Goodbye..." Only Yesterday said. She found herself traveling, her hooves moving like they had a will of their own. To someplace new. Another dream.

User Name: Purplerosesbeauty
Kin Name: Whisper of the Heart
Story: She had enjoyed her time with her father, he was kind and loving, and had taught her well. Despite this, she had always known a time would come and she would have to make her own story, apart from her father's dreams. She would tell him a grand tale that she would embark, shameless of the lies. Her father desired beauty anyway, did he not?
"Once, there was a young doe who was part of her father's dream. She was beautiful and sweet like a passing daydream, and never desired anything unusual. But one day, the whispers began, much stronger than they had ever been to her. She suddenly wanted to go out, and become more than a daydream. She was told she was destined for greatness, to become a real doe and have loves of her own. She would be well-respected and desired, and one day save the new world she has come to. She will travel far, the whispers say," Whisper of the Heart said to her father. "This doe... she is me, father. I am being told of my destiny, and now that I am grown, father, it is time for me to go and fulfill it, become someone you can be proud of. Do not despair or regret, we will meet again, sometime, in a far-off dream."  

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

Chibi_Kokoro143

Garbage Hoarder

13,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:53 pm
User Name: Chibi_Kokoro143
Kin Name: Flying Far Away
Story:
"Far away from the the green, damp, grey I grew to love. I yearn for a world out there to see. I want to see the sea so blue and an ocean that is clear as day. I want to see the sun set on the deserts so bare, that it'll lite a fire in me."

He turn towards his father and smiled. "Not only do I want to see, I want to be as well. A hero to someone who can look up to me. A viewer to a miracle that I could only see. And father...."

He looked away, towards the setting sun. "A family and adventure, a place where I can fly free....that is the life for me."  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:51 pm
User Name: Petite Kitsune
Kin Name: Salted-Earth
Story: He pauses, thinks a moment, and hesitates before he speaks, as always; his words are chosen, picked through like marsh grasses for something worth saying. When he speaks, it's heavy, certain, final. "Perhaps," he says, "I'll find myself a place to try and sow myself a family. I want to be a father as you have been for me, though my dreams say perhaps that won't happen. I see fire, devouring everything..." Earth hesitates a moment, and then laughs an uneasy laugh, shuffling his hooves. His dreams have never been pleasant -- where his father's dreams always seem so bright.

He clears his throat, pawing the earth for steadiness, and then trains his eyes on Endless again, righting himself. Dwelling on his own thoughts makes him nervous, and so he does as he has always done: asked someone else, ready to accept their clearer vision over his own, which is clouded with his own self-doubt and fears. "What do you see for me, father? Will I have little ones, too?" His smile is slow in coming, but he listens for the response, ready to take direction as he has always been. Early lessons are hard to forget.  

Petite Kitsune

Romantic Reveler

Astraea Pandora

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:59 pm
Thank you everyone for your wonderful entries! This took a bit of time but I've finally narrowed down my favorites!

raquel5181993

User Image
Chasing the Mists

Blinded By Silence

User Image
Purple Dragon

Petite Kitsune

User Image
Salted-Earth

Don't worry guys! Endless will have at least a couple more clutches before he retires, so there will be many more dream babies to come!  
Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff