Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Tempmus Chronicles

Back to Guilds

A guild where original ideas for stories can Blossom. And Bubbles. And okay, Buttercup, you can join too. 

Tags: Anthro, Original, Stories, Variety, Role Playing 

Reply The Tempmus Chronicles
Questions and Answers Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fadedepic

Popular Streaker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:57 pm
If anyone has any questions about the rp universe, any other members, or just life in general (LEGITIMATE life problems -_-) feel free to post them here.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:58 pm
The world is a series of floating islands. Do the floating islands move around?

Are there set customs for the races, or are we allowed to adlib them in as we go along? (even if they aren't ours)

Would the Torren tribal factions war with themselves and/or is there any unrest between tribes?

Is there going to be a map?  

Fadedepic

Popular Streaker

Fenrir Shade
Vice Captain

Aged Raider

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:34 pm
Oh joy... Leave it to you to ask the difficult questions.

I beleive the latest census is that they float around, but certain locations are the tethered together. Like a farm land, and the barn. Or something like that. But Dakota has a better idea of it then myself.

As for customs, I would consult with the individuals who made the race first. Because for instance the Torrans: It is customary to have over 100 years of education, approximately 30+ kids, and to fight in the ClanWars, even if only shortly. But other than that, they're open. More of Clan Traditions after that. And I never staked those in because I wanted it to be developed. Not set in stone.

The Torran Clans are at constant war with eachother unless one of two things happen: 1) A peace negotiation is activated between another race. All combat ceases and they join together to welcome the new race. Then they return to war. 2) The planet as a whole is attacked by a foreign threat. Then they band together and fight as brothers. After there is a month of celebration, then the fighting continues. Typically on foreign planets, fighting between clans cease. But rivalries and grudges never die out. They may start a fight if the wrong people cross.

As for map, I don't think so. But I don't know. Then again, making a map for constantly moving continents would be difficult. But if you want, have at it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:42 pm
I was only asking about the social customs of a race. For instance, could I adlib in that Humans of Tempus think that short legs are sexy because the situation deems it?  

Fadedepic

Popular Streaker

Fenrir Shade
Vice Captain

Aged Raider

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:48 pm
Um, Suuure...? I guess.

But I'd wait for "His Blondeness" to give his answer.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:44 am
"His boldness"?
Well, as far as being a character of an alien race, it's all your decisions. Obviously, you can choose whether or not to be an a** or a nice guy to the other species, but it wouldn't make a lot of sense to be evil towards your own race, just a rival specifically.  

The Jolly Victini
Captain

Friendly Shapeshifter

Fenrir Shade
Vice Captain

Aged Raider

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:11 am
You know what I said.

And exactly. Unless you're Torran. Then you can war against your own race.

((Edit: For some reason, due to being rushed in class, I thought I was texting someone and put "lol"... Yeah...))  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:00 pm
You know? The whole floating islands thing kind of reminds me of PSO2's floating islands.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Uncle Sciz

Hilarious Reveler

Fadedepic

Popular Streaker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:04 pm
I was planning on making Thrakton Torran twins and I was going to put into their backstories that they were exiled because the Thrakton believe that one twin is evil while the other was good, and to allow them both to live in the tribe was taboo. I was unsure of whether or not I had the ability to write in a social taboo for a species that isn't mine just because it was never written that it was otherwise  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:12 pm
That sounds really interesting! Go for it! I want the Torrans to be mostly defined by you guys, and how you evolve them. I built the foundation, you guys make the house.  

Fenrir Shade
Vice Captain

Aged Raider

Fadedepic

Popular Streaker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:15 pm
I also have a few questions regarding Torran appearance. Do they REALLY resemble Elietes in every likeness, or is that as accurate as you could get it?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:31 pm
As accurate as I could get. I kinda envisioned a combination between the Didact's armor:

http://cghub.com/files/Image/395001-396000/395904/487_max.jpg

http://cghub.com/files/Image/396001-397000/396198/124_max.jpgn

Except with magma and luminescent blood tubes wrapped throughout, and no floating pieces. All of said floating pieces should be locked into place. And the lights are red, armor slate black like volcanic rock.

That, combined with the general body shape of an Elite, except straight back and less of a neck. Broader shoulders, longer legs and arms, and their heart pulsates and glows a yellow when calm, red when angered, blue when sad, pale grey when near death, all able to be seen through their skin. Anything else is imagination and alterable with genes.  

Fenrir Shade
Vice Captain

Aged Raider

Fadedepic

Popular Streaker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:12 am
...So they're big daddies?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:35 pm

User Image

User Image
((This one came out unusually small. Here's the link fora larger version:
http://whatgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/funny-gifs-throwing-tables-like-a-boss.gif ))

User Image

I didn't even make the connection until just now... Wow. I guess in a sense! Just not nearly as big, lumbering, and slow. They're agile.  

Fenrir Shade
Vice Captain

Aged Raider

Fadedepic

Popular Streaker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:17 pm
..OH! SO THEY'RE MALE VERSIONS OF A BIG SISTER!!  
The Tempmus Chronicles

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff