Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Crossroads

Back to Guilds

This is Halloween Crossroads 

Tags: This is Halloween 

Reply { ARCHIVED } ----------------- Seven Kings, January 2013
{ EVENT } { CENTER } The Old King's Labyrinth Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:55 pm
The Old King's Labyrinth

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

gaia_crown [ Description: ] Prior to the Kings being named the Seven Kings, the Old King's favourite gardens used to be in what is now named the Labyrinth. The hedges, untamed, have created their own trap, and so have all the wildlife, plants, creatures around it, vicious. The grounds are entirely wild, but the vegetation also yields a rare and exotic plant, the Tainted Miasma Flower. Tainted Miasma Flowers are strong in Miasma, but they cannot be removed forcefully from their location unless they are purified in the thickest part of the labyrinth.

gaia_crown [ Layout: ] The Labyrinth is divided into several confusing sections. It is best explained with a diagram:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

That's right, while it is named the Labyrinth, it isn't exactly the most complicated garden ever, pretty much the easiest way to describe it is: the deeper you go, the more terrible s**t you will have to face. Sometimes it is good to finish slow and steady.

gaia_crown [ The Sectors:]

- Everyone starts off in Sector A. You can only advance to the next sector if you fulfill the conditions listed in each one. There needs to be a separate post PER sector you reach (A, B, C, etc), and it should be rped out. Make sure to follow any dice mechanics (if applicable). Sector A has pretty much no signs of life other than wildlife. Occasionally the rare vegetation will try to snap at your legs, but otherwise, mostly harmless. Follow the instructions to move down each sector and try to grab pieces of Miasma Points before the wildlife grabs you.
- Your player starts off at full health. Follow the instructions. Make sure to post in OOC your character's current HP, their Kingdom, their sector located, and any other information relevant. Also please quote characters you are talking to. You can only interact with players in the same SECTOR as you.
- Please also note that once you enter the area, you cannot leave unless you dissipate (your HP is 0) or you find an EXIT. You will have to roll to try to exit. The area is kind about people entering but less kind about those leaving..
- IF YOUR HP REACHES 0: You dissipate, or basically get KO'ed. You LOSE ALL MIASMA POINTS GATHERED. Miasma Points CANNOT be transferred to other players, that means any you are carrying are lost forever. It is wise before you lose all your points to chose when you want to escape. You will respawn back in your Kingdom. You cannot participate in another event (or this one) again.

gaia_crown [ ESCAPE ]

- ESCAPE: If you wish to escape permanently and return to your Kingdom, thus nullifying your chances of more Miasma Points for this event (you cannot return back here after escaping), at any point in time in any sector, roll a 100-sided dice. You can only do this ONCE PER ZONE. Rp out each response. If you roll 50 or lower, you are stuck and your escape attempt fails. That means you HAVE to press on.
- Example: I have collected 5 Miasma Points in Sector A, but my HP is at 5/ 25. Since my hp is DANGEROUSLY LOW, I decide to roll 1d100 to try and ESCAPE. I post in my OOC QUOTES that I am trying to escape. Unfortunately, I end up rolling a 23. That means I HAVE to continue onwards. I must continue following my sector's dice mechanics until I SUCCESSFULLY pass to the next zone. If I die before I reach it then the wildlife got me, the end, I lose all my points and DISSIPATE. IF I get to Sector B successfully, I can try again to escape, etc etc.

SECTOR A

Sector A is considered the "Safe Zone". There isn't too much danger here, unless your character has a fear of large hedges and untamed grass. Occasionally you think you spot something, someone glancing at you, voices chatting behind you -

- But every time you turn around, there is nothing.
- You are free to stay and rp in this zone as long as your character likes, there is no benefit for them staying in this zone for too long. When you are ready move to SECTOR B.

Sector B

- You must wait 2 OOC hours before you can advance to the next zone from your last zone.
Sector B is covered in thick, swampy life. Everything is bogged down, the thick brown water bubbles slightly, shifts, several yellowed eyes opening and closing at times to stare at you idly in quick intervals. Standing too much in one place will cause you to sink and get swallowed by the bog.
- WILD CREATURES: This is a HOSTILE AREA. Every single time you make a move/ or even post in the Bog Area (even if it's just a reaction post), you take - 5 HP from your character's total HP. Consider this an ACTIVELY DANGEROUS ZONE.
- The only way to get out of this zone is to continuously roll 1 6-sided dice until you roll a 1 or 6. Every time you fail, you the creatures snap at you, and you lose 5 HP. Rp any results out accordingly, including failed rolls. Sometimes it's funny to watch players Suffer!
- There are NO MIASMA POINTS to be won in this zone but all players must cross it. If you successfully rolled a 1 or 6, continue to SECTOR C.

Sector C

- You must wait 2 OOC hours before you can advance to the next zone from your last zone. So if you just moved to sector C, please wait 2 hours before posting.
This is a Miasma Rich Zone. That means there is an abundance of Miasma everywhere, especially in strange red crystallized flowers.
- Tainted Miasma flowers are famous for their rich Miasma energies, but also sap the energy of the one using it before it is purified. A player may choose to roll 1d6 (1 6-sided dice). This represents how many Tainted Miasma Flowers they pick up. They can pick up as many as they want, and continuously roll 1d6 until they are happy with how many they have. HOWEVER:
- EACH FLOWER PICKED UP saps -1 HP from the user. That means if I roll 1d6 and get a 4, I get hurt for -4 HP and pick up 4 flowers. If I decide to risk it and roll another 1d6 and get 6 on top of the four I have, I take another -6 HP, so on so forth, until I feel like I cannot take any more flowers.
- Tainted Miasma Flowers will wilt if taken outside the labyrinth, unless they are purified in Sector E. That means I have to pick up as many flowers as I can and literally carry them to Sector E. If I try to escape with tainted flowers, they will wilt and I will get NO MIASMA POINTS.
- Once your character is ready and have completed the action of picking up Miasma Flowers (while calculating their HP damage accordingly) they may move to SECTOR D.
- If your character's HP reaches 0 at any point in time they DISSIPATE. They end up back in their Kingdom thread. They cannot participate in any other event though they are free to rp in their Kingdom thread.

Sector D

- You must wait 2 OOC hours before you can advance to the next zone from your last zone. So if you just moved to sector D, please wait 2 hours before posting.
Sector D is considered a "safe zone". The oddly coloured - what are those creatures exactly? wandering around do not seem to be hostile, and in fact do not seem to notice you at all. They all seem to be heading towards one location...
- For each Tainted Miasma Flower I currently hold (from Sector C), I need to take TWICE the damage equal to the number of flowers I have. If I have 5 flowers, I take - 10 damage in this zone.
- HOWEVER: I can also choose to start discarding flowers. If I feel like I own too many flowers, I can throw away Tainted Flowers in this zone. That means if I throw away 2 flowers, I take 4 less damage in this zone. Once you throw away Tainted Flowers you cannot get them back.
- Example: I picked up 10 flowers in Sector C. I am at 20 HP. Oh no! In Sector D, I feel the flowers draining my Miasma. I quickly decide to discard 2. Phew. Now instead of taking 10 x2 = 20 HP damage, I only take 8 x 2 = 16 damage. I still have 4 HP remaining. Once I have made my choice about how many flowers I am going to throw away, I am ready to go to the next zone.
- You must take HP damage before you can advance to the next zone.

Sector E

- You must wait 2 OOC hours before you can advance to the next zone from your last zone.
Sector E is the final zone. I must purify each Tainted Miasma Flower I own. Take the remaining Tainted Miasma Flowers I have and throw them into the crystal purifier, a glowing crystal statue in the center of the area. Each saved flower is two Miasma Points.
- There is also a chance ratio involved. I must choose HALF MY FLOWERS (round up) or NONE. Post your choice in OOC PRIOR to rolling the 100-sided dice below (ie: while you are walking to to the altar. Rp it out as the flowers draining what little energy you have.)
- If I decide to throw HALF MY FLOWERS in there, roll a 100-sided dice. If I roll higher than a 20, I have SUCCESSFULLY PURIFIED HALF MY FLOWERS. I can only take MIASMA POINTS equal to HALF THE FLOWERS. That means if I had 6, and I chose half, I throw 3 in. I now have 3 purified flowers, yielding in 3x2=6 Miasma Points total. If I roll less than 20 I get nothing sad I go home to my Kingdom empty handed.
- If I decide to throw ALL MY FLOWERS in there, roll a 100-sided dice. If I roll higher than 50, I obtain ALL MY FLOWERS. It means if I had 6, and I chose all, I get 6x2 purified flowers, yielding in 12 Miasma Points total tally. If I roll less than 60, then I get nothing sad I go home to my Kingdom empty handed.
- All players that reach sector E can escape safely after purification. Simply return to their Kingdom after dropping off all SUCCESSFULLY GAINED POINTS HERE

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:00 pm
[Entering from White Kingdom.]

After finally reaching his destination, Marosa doubled over and wheezed, panting as he attempted to catch his breath. His wings fluttered against his back as he took a few moments to himself, more than happy to get a feel for things. He was really out of shape, and he idly wished that he'd actually taken Sharra up for some training sessions at times. He wasn't the fighting sort, but there were still some tricks he could possibly learn from the other.

Glancing around, Marosa realized that there was no one else around.

It looked like he was the first one here.

A few moments passed where he finally felt like he'd caught his breath, and the Ganerie stretched to attempt to get his body limber again. His legs felt like they were on fire, but getting to the location had been the highest priority.

OOC
Character: Marosa
Current HP: 40/40
Kingdom: White
Current Sector: A

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100

Raja

Kawaii Shoujo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:29 pm
(( Entering from Gold Kingdom ))

The man hadn't realized how tired he was from walking until he arrived, staring at the dank building before entering. Pompous a** indeed. The trash king really was right about that.

While Mengyao hadn't been cruel, his way with words really spoke of why they called it a kingdom of pride. He was proud, and perhaps a bit full of himself. He'd given them a chance, but it was merely as servants? He didn't like the idea of being just a piece in some game of chess, even if it seemed he was. At least not for someone he'd never held known.

No, he wouldn't be one of them. Not at this time. For now he would simply do what he could to survive. Which meant answer the order.

"To come here." His voice was full of disdain as he walked in casually, eying the walls his eyes narrowed. Shadows danced in the poor lighting, things... they were there. And really sandals were NOT made for walking through this mess. Nor was white.

He grimaced at the muck briefly before continuing on his path until he spotted... a thing. Certainly a denizen of this maze? Or... no, another Kingdom? He had heard of strange ones, not that he could particularly place this one. Though he did find himself starring at it. As it WAS the only other thing here.

And it was an IT as far as he was concerned. Until stated otherwise.

OOC
Character: Molan
Current HP: 50/50
Kingdom: Silver - Unconverted (Working for Gold) [/loath Mengy]
Appearance: Molan isn't a particularly manly man. He's 17, but rather slim and feminine. The loose white robes and white hair that is rather long and braided in the back. His bangs are long in the front on each side and tied to keep some manner of order to them. He has sky blue eyes to add to a fairly pale complexion.

Kanth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:38 pm
Ryan braced himself for it. He always hated this part. He didn't like the idea of his body being ported through a damn beam of light. It was unnerving and always made him wonder, what would happen if it decided to go on the wild side and glitch. Fortunately for him, no such thing happened and he arrived in one piece. Right into a strange garden like surrounding.

And not a single bit of tech around him.

"Its... different." He thought aloud, before activating the filtering system in his mask as an after thought. If this place was contaminated, he didn't want to breath in any poisons. Though now that he had a good look, he could see that at the moment there was only two other people present. Some white clad being ( not from their ship ) and Marosa.

Stepping towards the latter, Ryan gave a shrug.

"We'll wait a little for the others to arrive and then we'll go in search of this... miasma. In the mean time, I suggest you don't touch anything and..." He gave a wary look towards the other. "be cautious of those outside of our own kingdom."

User Image

Ryan's Stats
Character: Ryan
Current HP: 60/60

Kanth

OnionGrump

Mewling Trash

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:07 am
Marosa nodded, sending his loose red hair falling over his shoulders. He smiled at the stranger, holding out his hand for a handshake. "Greetin's." He tried to attempt courteously. His gaze swept over the other's form loosely, taking in every detail he could.

"Did ye come far?" He couldn't tell what kingdom the other came from simply from his colors, but he was determined to get any information that he could. He took Ryan's words to heart; perhaps his ability could come in use at a time like this.

OOC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:21 am
Molan cast a look as a second figure arrived, this one dressed in. He wasn't entirely sure. Though the level of technology about it clearly screamed of what he'd learned of the white kingdom. That seemed to fit, and he spoke to the first one. Thus, they were both likely from there?

So this game of death did encompass them all. Then they too would know of the end result for the Silver Kingdom. That was less than pleasing, then again perhaps they'd excuse him to his own business if that was the case. Afterall, he wasn't exactly feeling the most social. He'd actually lashed out at the king a bit earlier due to it.

Perhaps pent up stress who knew. He'd had... a long day. And it was about to get longer. He'd just better get moving along.

He'd only made it a few paces toward what seemed the far end before he nearly tripped over a rather dense bit of brush as the voice seemed to erupt from one side catching him off guard. He did manage to regain his balance, staring at the 'it' at that point as it chimed up. Though, in truth, it did sound decidedly male now... but one couldn't tell with strange species.

He merely stared at the thing for a moment, eyes narrowing as he tried to decide if it was safe to speak or not. Harmless... useless banter. Was it really worth his time. People liked flapping their tongues a whole lot, and normally he didn't mind. But... just with the day as it was, it grated his nerves a bit. No, he really didn't feel the need to even try to be polite, after all... technically they were rivals in this maze.

A low sigh as he shook his head, turning again to continue on his path. Rule number one of this odd, bizarre death trap. Don't talk to the creatures that inhabit it. It probably wouldn't end well.

OOC
Appearance: Molan isn't a particularly manly man. He's 17, but rather slim and feminine. The loose white robes and white hair that is rather long and braided in the back. His bangs are long in the front on each side and tied to keep some manner of order to them. He has sky blue eyes to add to a fairly pale complexion.

Kanth

Raja

Kawaii Shoujo

keiifuu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:56 am
[ entering from white kingdom ]

The sensation of being beamed to unfamiliar territory was uncomfortable, and when Madeline had her feet firmly on the ground again, she let out a breath of relief. The extensive landscape around her carved itself into a Labyrinth, and unfortunately, she doubted it would be a very easy terrain to solve with quick wit and her gadgets to get her by. Speaking of gadgets - she stared hard at their surroundings.

"Wow," She said out loud, wandering over to Marosa and Ryan, "and I thought our ship was low on tech --- this place is barren as a - " She cleared her throat on a decidedly inappropriate comment. "A wasteland." She had tucked the feather away into one of her pouches, and though it had been so cheesy she should have died at the thought of ever staring Dakota straight in the face again, she couldn't help but giggle a little. They were probably going to die, and she couldn't say anything, and he could only give her a feather to keep her safe and warm in times of need.

War really didn't know a thing about love.

Her eyes flicked to her fellow crew, and she gave them both a gentle hand wave. "Looks like we're gonna have a long night navigating this place. Are we playing a waiting game for the rest of our crew, or shall I scout on ahead?"

OOC
Character: Madeline.
Kingdom: White.
Current Sector: A.

OnionGrump

Kanth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:06 am
My my, so this was the place that the Voice had been talking about, hmm? The Viera's ears perked up straight atop her head, shifting this way and that as tried to listen to her surroundings. With ears as sensitive as hers, she was easily able to pick out the fact that there were already a number of people gathered here, but the exact number was...three? She could easily pick out some voices too.

Eventually, she finally came into view of the other three who were gathered, none of whom who were from her own Kingdom. However, that didn't stop Eva from marching right up to one of them--a wary looking blond--and sticking her face up close to his. There was a big, friendly smile on her face.

"Oh dear, what a fascinating outfit you wear! Definitely nothing like I've ever seen! Where are you from, sweetie?"

Quote:
Name: Eva Valente
HP: 40/40
Kingdom: The Green Kingdom
Appearance: A pale-skinned Viera who has dyed black hair that sits at shoulder-length. She stands at 5'5"--not including the height of her ears--and has bright blue eyes.

Oniongrump

Kaiyumi

Kanth rolled 1 6-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-6)

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:08 am
Aww, the other guy didn't want to shake hands. Oh well. Smart choice on his part, bummer for Marosa.

"Oi tink we kin move on," Marosa murmured, waving to the next crew member that appeared with a grin. The Ganerie reached up and brushed his hair back behind his shoulders, very happy that he had people he could count on. "Oi'll break th' ice." And upon saying that, he gave a thumbs up to the other two, moving forward into the next zone.

It was muggy as hell. Grimacing as he attempted to cross it, the Ganerie found himself stuck more often than not, and attempted to keep calm throughout crossing the damn thing. He needed to get miasma for his captain. He needed to succeed.

There was a lot of wildlife in the area, and Marosa couldn't help but notice they looked a little feral. When he attempted to cross, he was pushed back a few feet by one particularily nasty looking fauna creature, red eyes staring at him from the gloom. He felt its claws rake across his arm, and he gave a sharp cry as he jerked and attempted to get away from the thing.

OOC
Current HP: 40 - 5 = 35
Current Sector: B

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:18 am
[Entering from Gold Kingdom]

Kashi yawned as he crossed into the same area as the figure he'd followed at a distance. He'd considered catching up and walking alongside him the whole way here, but then again, what kind of view would that be? He chuckled inwardly before taking in his surroundings.

"I really am beginning to question my choice in clothing today." He announced, from directly behind his new favorite play thing.

"Hope I don't get anything on this." He dangled the gold and orange sash near his opposite.

OOC
Character: Kashiyoru
Kingdom: Gold

Raja

Masshiro

King Bunny

OnionGrump

Mewling Trash

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:23 am
Ryan watched as Marosa approached the other being. Or at least until Madeline arrived in the garden to join them.

"Definitely not an environment we're accustomed to. Within the ship I mean." He was sure some of the land around it could be something like this. But there hadn't been any reason to go venturing off into that unknown land. Not often anyways.

"I think we're sticking around a while to wait for others. After that we can--"

His sentence was cut off, this time by some long eared creature. Not all that different than some of the alien races among their own kingdom he supposed and yet, entirely different at the same time.

"go..." He finished lamely. "The umm... white kingdom. Or ship, rather." He answered. He would have been watching her closely, but it seemed she was doing that for him and that, it meant standing right in his face. "You are..?" He asked.

It was hard to stay composed when someone's face was inches from your own.

Meanwhile, Marosa was already moving on ahead and as much as Ryan worried for them wandering off on their own, they didn't really have time to be dragging their feet either. So rather than say anything, he gave the other a nod, before turning his attention back to the long eared girl.

User Image

Ryan's Stats
Character: Ryan
Current HP: 60/60

Kanth

keiifuu

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:25 am
The man was rather pleased that his ability to ignore things until they left him be hadn't been entirely lost. The red headed thing spoke up to yet another of it's comrades briefly before vanishing into the distance. To a place that sounded less than pleasant.

Molan's face contorted into a look of uncertainty and disgust at the look and sound of what lay ahead. His pause as well, made for an easy sneak up of sorts by Kashi. He really should learn to pay a bit more attention, he'd get stabbed in the back at this rate.

He qickly jerked to look at the figure, blinking a bit at the sight. Ah. Right. He wasn't the only one sent here. While... he wasn't pleased with anyone right now, it wasn't this ones fault. Right, best to calm any upset. The gold kingdom didn't start this fight either, did they? "Oh, well... I suppose the same could be said of myself." He replied, attempting as much pleasantry as possible.

And then he noticed it. Right. That fellow still has the sash. "Oh, you didn't forget it... I... why would you bring it somewhere dangerous?" Blue eyes shifted to the man, a bit hurt. As if he'd smacked him by bringing something precious to somewhere dangerous. Oh wait. He HAD. Still, he would care for it, ensure it's safety. "Please return it?" He added, holding out a hand, obviously expecting it to be relinquished so easily.

OOC

Masshiro

Raja

Kawaii Shoujo

musicaloner7

Romantic Man-Lover

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:31 am
{entering from gold kingdom }

She'd made her way to the labyrinth with little issue along with her fellow colleagues, for a chance to gather some miasma for their kingdom. Looking around in the first area, Verusha didn't seem too fazed. Her white eyes scanned the area, noting a few others from opposing kingdoms also making their way in. The place just looked like an overgrown garden. Or... a place that'd just been left to its own devices to grow how ever it saw fit. A hand swept through the lovely chestnut hair of hers, along with the few strips of white, smoothing the locks out of her field of vision.

She didn't know what to expect, but she knew to keep her wits about her, and to not do anything too reckless until she had a good grasp on the situation. But she couldn't dwaddle for too long, or else the others might get ahead of her... besides, she was feeling eager to prove herself to the king. Show him just how tough she really was. A smug smirk turned up on her plush lips, faltering only slightly as she heard... whispers..

At first she figured it was simply just the others around her speaking to one another... but their lips didn't sync with the words she heard. Looking around she tried to spot the culprit, but to no avail. A brow was crooked curiously... maybe something was hiding in the shrubbery...

Quote:

HP: 4O/4O
Kingdom: Gold
Sector: A
Character: Verusha

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:31 am
Gene came in with the grace that came with being a philosopher in the Red Kingdom - a poise that told those around her that she was well versed in tradition and well trained in her mind. She wasn't there to talk or converse with anyone from other Kingdoms; she'd come to collect the flowers and leave.

Taking in a breath, she began her trek into the deep maze.

OOC
Character: Gene
Kingdom: Red

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

Carhop Cavalier rolled 1 6-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-6)

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:35 am
She took a few steps forward, entering a boggy part of the maze with a crinkled nose. It smelled completely awful, like a burnt chicken that had been left to rot in the noon day's sun. Brown liquids bubbled and popped, and yellow eyes glared from all around.

Calm like the stream....

A sigh, and she made another few steps. A shadow lurched next to her, and struck at her ankles before scurrying off to some new hiding hole.

An indignant huff, and the Tortoise continued to try to find her way to the next part of the Old King's maze.

OOC
Character: Gene
Current HP: 45/50
Kingdom: Red

WHOOPS I'M DUMB

{ ARCHIVED } ----------------- Seven Kings, January 2013

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers