Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Chronicles of Magesc

Back to Guilds

A breedable/changing pet shop guild for role play. 

Tags: Magesc, Soudana, Seren, Abronaxus, Dragon 

Reply The Wastelands ❄ Recycle Bin
[Hybrid Dov/ObL] Akilae- ready for crit Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ladyumbra

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:39 pm
Welcome to my little quest, please keep reading to learn about Akilae and feel free to leave any critiques you like.

Current funds: 1.3 mil pure + several mil worth of items.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:58 pm
Custom: Semi
Character Name: Akilae ( Aki and Akil for short)
Race: Hybrid Obl/dovaa
Clan: Ysali
Class: Archer
Appearance: Entirely up to artist , surprise me
Personality:
Strengths; Dedicated, Creative, cooperative.
Weaknesses: Stubborn, hoarder, vain.

Akilae is a pretty dedicated little kid, when given a task or problem he attacks it with enthusiasm and doesn't give up unless thoroughly defeated. If he promises to help a friend with chores you can be sure that he'll show up and won't take off halfway through even if things get hard. Akilae is a pretty good student due to this as he will continue to try and understand a lesson and go over material multiple times until a concept makes sense in his mind. While he can get bored he usually deals with repetitiveness without too much trouble. It took many years and hours upon hours of practice for Akilae to learn to play the harmonica and it is his greatest accomplishment thus far in his mind.

On the flip side Akilae's tendency to persevere can also manifest as stubbornness. When he puts his foot down this boy means to get his own way. No he's not eating his vegetables and yes he's fine not getting desert and sitting at the table until bed time just to 'win' the fight about it. Similarly ideas that get stuck in his mind tend to stay there. There are certain ways to do things or they are wrong, some people are just worth less than others and newborn babies look gross. There is so much about the world Akilae does not yet understand and it will likely be his first experience with things that shape his views on them for the rest of his life.

Akilae is a fairly smart kid, no genius but he's god a good head on his shoulders. His mind tends to apply itself more towards creativity than general booksmarts though. Outside of the things that he's determined can only be done one way he's willing to experiment. Maybe a snare would work better if he did this or a kite would fly better if the wings were shaped a little different. Akilae likes to mess with things and find out what can be changed and improved. He also likes to adjust proven strategies to work around his new visions and generally fuss with things. Of course once Akilae has success with something his way is the only way and damn tradition.

There is more stuff in Akilae's room than any child his age needs. He keeps practically everything he's even gotten or collected and it's all displayed in neat ordered sections of the room. Feathers, interesting feeling crystals , twine, arrowheads, everything useful or not that Akilae gets his hands on ends up finding a place somewhere and he outright refuses to get rid of anything. He has the utmost respect for his father but there are yearly shouting matches when the amount of things in the room threatens to became a safety hazard and some of it must be tossed out. Akilae can't explain why, he just needs to keep everything forever and losing anything feels painful.

People too get hoarded, friends and allies are treasured and fiercely protected. The closest Akilae comes to changing his mind on something is when it might cost him his relationship with someone. Generally he tries to persuade the person in question he's right though.

Akilae works well with others. He knows how to take orders and he doesn't always have to be the boss. He might have opinions on how the secret treehouse should be built but he doesn't care to boss everyone around and happily pulls his own weight.

Vanity and Akilae are bffs, he knows that he can really only matter so much according to his father and so he tries to reach the limit of his value. He will look presentable, his plans will work etc etc

Biography/Background:
Akilae was born 11 years ago, the product of a union between an oblivionite male and a dovaa female. His conception was neither happy accident nor an act of rebellion. His parents believed that with careful planning and raising he could become a stronger weapon in war than those of pure blood. His father saw a potential child as a tool to win the war and his mother as leverage to spare those of her clan when the next great battles were waged.

Akilae was raised by both his parents on a small fortified compound on Soudul. The compound was home to several disgraced families and those who were members of a certain mysterious organization. Willingly separated from the rest of oblivionite society childen born there are raised by the community and taught at a school on the compound.

Despite being a hybrid Akilae was no more of an outcast than those who had chosen to live this segregated life. He had several friends growing up and while not the most popular of the compound's children he was accepted easily and found his own place within the children's hierarchy. Trips outside the compound were rare but with it's vast acreage he never truly felt fenced in.

Growing up Akilae learned to accept the compound's doctrine which stated that the Oblivionites were meant not to wholly destroy the other races but to rule over them in Soudana's stead. Endless battle would only result in mutually assured destruction, but when the other races were subjugated there could be peace and prosperity for all if you followed the rules. As the first people only Oblivionites were suited to bear the burden of shepherding the other magescans.

Though he is only half oblivionite himself Akilae identified most with his father's people and idolized the man. His mother he respected but to a lesser degree. That she agreed to help his father and was always subservient to the other oblivionites was seen as a good thing but it lead to a subconsious devaluing of her worth in his eyes. Akilae cares for her and knows she has much to teach him but he will always see himself as a little better than her for she is purely Dovaa and he is not.

Akilae grew up with the knowledge that a lot is expected of him and while he had what most would consider a fairly normal childhood he has recently started private lessons to turn him into the sort of soldier he is expected to become. The vast world of Magesc is soon to be opened to him but with that freedom comes many responsibilities and a whole host of new things and ideas that Akilae must learn to face.

Thoughts on the Great Engagement: The Oblivionites will win this war! Akilae can't wait to get to fighting and see the enemy fall. He does not have a blind hatred for the other races but sees them as lesser than his father's people and they must be made to learn their place. He does not wish to see all the other races destroyed completely simply lessened in their numbers and made to serve Soudana and her people.

Thoughts on the Dragons: Akilae feels that dragons are necessary nuisances. They provide people with power from their souls and they also keep the other races from growing too numerous as they too have to deal with attacks and raids by them. He has no problem hunting a dragon for it's soul and looks forward to the challenge.

Thoughts on the Drakeins: These are potentially interesting allies if they can be made to see reason. He'd be interested in partnering though not bonding with one. Akilae would be uncomfortable killing drakein as he admires what they have made of themselves and how they have been so self sufficient.

Statistics:
Level: 1
Experience:0
Life points: 50
Energy: 50
Intellect: 3
Attack: 5
Defense: 2
Luck: 1  

ladyumbra

Nikiana

Sparkly Hoarder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:56 am
Background looks good to me.

Hmm, why do his parents think he'd be a better weapon, being a hybrid, when Oblivionites are the "superior race" so to say?

(Also I'm curious as to what clan his mother is, but that's just me being curious and isn't actually that important. XDDD)  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:24 am
His father sees how adding a dovaa's blood would give his offspring certain immunities and extra strength that a pure blooded magescan simply can't have. He doesn't see his son as better overall but he recognizes how useful a hybrid is on the battlefield or committing acts of subterfuge. Akilae is a project, tool and hopeful legacy for him. His mother is less cold about it but does believe in the theory that a hybrid child benefits from their mixed heritage when it comes to fighting.

His mom is a Ysali, she's going to be teaching him a lot about plants and poisons. She's also one of those dovaa who feels those of her clan are superior though she doesn't think the dovaa can win the war they were dragged into and would rather see those who smartly chose Ysali spared the worst indignities of the final aftermath. * She is also quite young still and kinda naive about just how much power Akilae's father can really command/ how his grand plan will truly work out.  

ladyumbra

Nikiana

Sparkly Hoarder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:33 am
Ah, so more of a "we'll use whatever weapons we can" type thing then. So his father treats him more as a tool then instead of a son/person?

*pats the poor woman* Those silly Ysali women keep running off with non-Dovaa men. XDDDD  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:55 am
There is praise and mild affection when it's warranted as well as disappointed rants and punishments when things are unsatisfactory. He's not an lenient with him as he is with the compound's pure blooded children but he doesn't treat him horribly worse either? In the same way he has taught Akilae to subconsciously devalue his mother for being a dovaa he has tried to let his son know that while he is useful and wanted he is still limited in his value.

Yeah his mom is a kinda snobby but well meaning puppet. lol Ysali women blaugh  

ladyumbra

Nikiana

Sparkly Hoarder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:01 am
Ah, so he's a step above the other races, but not on equal footing with the Oblivionites. Sounds like some interesting reading whenever he appears~ XDD  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:57 am
Trophy wife. 8D

Yorugami

Ruthless Shapeshifter

Nikiana

Sparkly Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:37 am
I likey~

I'm just curious as to more on his views of his father. Not just his father's views, but how the two interact as well. I know Akilae pretty much looks down on his mother, but does he mostly sort of hero-worship his father? They seem to have their arguments, but how often? And is Akilae as stubborn on winning those as he is on winning other arguments?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:05 am
He definitely hero-worships him. They don't argue that often, usual just about big things like the hoarding and whatnot. He's definitely stubborn about it though, there's a subconscious need to prove himself to his father and if Akilae could show his father that he can be right that'd be a big step. Akilae will rarely flat out argue with him ( again he will over the big stuff) but he'll definitely subtly work to prove his points and then wait for recognition.  

ladyumbra

Nikiana

Sparkly Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:10 am
Cool beans~ I approve. Brolis will have final say on approval, but I definitely likey~  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:20 am
Hm. Maybe a solo on how different the view points of his father concerning Aki as a son.

And how Aki sees his father.

And how the mother plays a role in all this would really bring the character around.

<3

Yorugami

Ruthless Shapeshifter

Skyeforge
Vice Captain

Dapper Noob

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:30 am
YES YES YES x1000000000!!

Approved! Omg...so much good can come of this! XD and i can't wait to see what he looks like lol!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:07 am
XD Well if he's all approved.
You can just start trade Umbra if you want me to be the artist...standard customs rate applies.

8D Yeah.

And maybe just a few hints to help set me in the right direction.

Favorite color.
Favorite culture.
Assasin favored weapon and technique of killing.

Yorugami

Ruthless Shapeshifter

ladyumbra

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:09 pm
Info for Yoru.

Yorugami
ladyumbra
Yorugami
ladyumbra
Answers to your questions

Favorite color: cobalt blue ( in general I like blue)
Favorite culture:Impossible to choose, I love the Maori, I've lived with the Inuit, I think the aztecs were amazing, holy s**t the battle tactics of the ancient greeks and romans sweatdrop I love a lot of ancient cultures. it helps if you narrow it down for me and make me choose between 2 or 3 you also like.
Assassin favored weapon and technique of killing.:
Blowgun + poison dart
alternatively, hidden blades ( not necessarily the assassin's creed type but that is cool too)

oh man I am so excited now.

Okay. Start the trade for it. XD
And I'll go work on the concept sketches overnight...
I'm doing other Magesc work right now...so I have to move that
to later. But I need some time for concept sketching...
I go through a dozen before I'm happy. XD

Also what kind of hair styles do you tend to favor for men?
Or are you open to all things?

And since it's a Dovaa/Obv....which side is more predominant?
Appearance wise.

Eee excited to see what other magesc stuff you're working on.

Btw you can find smaller blowguns about the length of a person's arm . Google just tends to give pics of the ridiculously long a** ones * babbles*

I like anything other than baldness. I love me some long haired guys with low ponytails but I'm open to most anything.

His oblivionite side shows the most.

Happy sketching.

One small favor. XD
Can you put all we discussed here in your quest thread
so I can just go to one place to read up on everything
in case I forget things.
Thank you so much!

The Wastelands ❄ Recycle Bin

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash