Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:34 pm
User Image

Golden eyes opened slowly, blinking multiple times as she did so in reaction to the sunlight made its way onto her face, enough to stir the wounded lioness from her restless sleep. Her entire body hurt, ached and screamed for her to cease moving but there was a larger question to be had: she had no idea where she was and her foggy vision did not help matters at all. Finally, after several panicked minutes, her vision began to clear and now she could actually see what was around her. Trees, trees and a lion that had been against her that she did not recognize. The sudden appearance of this mysterious lion caused alarm to the lioness, pushing her to jump onto her paws which she quickly regretted with an audible grunt.

Just as slowly as her vision had returned, so did her memories of the night prior. Had he been the one to save her from her death on the battlefield? At that thought, she looked to her body to see some of the wounds were already healing. Though that would be impossible to heal so quickly unless the events of her battle were not last night but rather days ago. Confused and slightly panicked, Risheera began to look around quickly, not even sure what she was actually looking for.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:50 pm
User Image

It had indeed been a few days since Aman'thul had stumbled across the lioness in the midst of what could only have been a terrible battle. The striped lioness had been the only survivor he had found, and she had been near death herself that the male had been doubtful of her survival. To his surprise though she pulled through, whether through force of will or some miracle otherwise. Either way she steadily got better, though slowly, and through those days he watched over her, trying his best to at least get her water, though most ended up sloshing out of the leaf he used, or simply dribbled down her fur.

Another day was coming on and he continued his watch over the female, motionless except for the steady rise and fall of her side. As he once more turned his gaze out over the lands beyond he wondered how long she would lay unconscious. He feared the minimal amount of water he could manage to gather would not be enough, and even still she would eventually need food. A noise behind him caused him to turn, and there stood the female.

"Careful!" Aman cried, worry quite apparent in his voice. "Your wounds have barely started to heal, you don't want to go reopening them now."  

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:21 pm
Her lips raised as a growl began to form while rage flared in her golden eyes as she looked up at the stranger of a male. Regardless if he had been the one to save her, she did not know him or his intentions. For all Risheera knew, he only saved her to make her his slave or something even more sinister. "Who are you?!" She spat, her striped tail flicking wildly behind her as her equally striped body crouched lower to the ground in an effort to protect her neck and belly from his jaws should he turn out to be a foe. All the while, her legs quivered underneath her, threatening to give out with each exhale of her heavy breathing.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:30 pm
Finally Aman'thul noticed her behavior, the worry having previously clouded his vision of her confusion. He realized how much of a shock all this must have been. She had nearly been killed, by whom he did not know, but now here he was, some strange male, and she was right to be wary. His own past may have had him react the same way if he had been in her situation.

"I am Aman'thul." He spoke, slowly backing away a few paces before sitting down. He wished to show he meant no harm, and the best way he could think was to keep his distance. Her defensive pose did little to hide the fact that she was still not well enough to really be moving about, and the previous worry returned to his face. "You should lie down, or at least sit. You are still pretty weak from your injuries, and I'm sure going a few days with little water and no food is not helping your condition any."  

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:20 am
"I'll lay down when I feel like it!" Risheera snapped at his worried words, her teeth gnashed at the end to punctuate her words. Even though her words were tough, her legs were about to give and she knew that. She wasn't stupid at least, and with her entire body screaming at her, she finally sat down, her chest heaving. After a few moments of panting to try and reclaim as much oxygen as she could, she spoke, raising her eyes but not her head to look at him. "I won't thank you, Aman'thul. I did not ask to be saved by you." Deep down, she was still glad to be alive though her rash decision to move about might have compromised that.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:47 am
Aman'thul said nothing, simply watching the female attempt to keep her stance, until finally she was forced to sit lest her legs give out beneath her. "Then I will ask no thanks from you. If I was mistaken in what I did then I apologize." He couldn't imagine anyone truly wishing to stay in that place though, lying midst the death of others as they waited for their own end to come. However he pushed the thought aside. The fact was that he did save her, and whether she liked it or not she had survived to live another day. Aman wasn't about to simply waste his efforts on her pride.

"However if and end was what you sought then you'll likely get it soon without some food and water. I found a small water source nearby while you were out, just beyond those rocks behind you." He spoke, nodding a gesture towards the landmark he spoke of. It wasn't too far a distance really, but considering the female's current condition he was not sure how easily she'd be able to make it on her own. "I can help you over there, if you will allow me to." He offered, though after how she had already acted he wasn't exactly expecting her to accept.  

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:55 am
Her attention turned from him to her legs and then back to him before nodding. As much as Risheera did not like accepting help, especially not from a relative stranger, she had little choice at this point. She was already in his debt, even though she would never admit it and any little thing he helped her with caused her to swim further and further into that debt; not something she was fond of thinking about. Slowly, she rose to her paws, shifting every now and again to keep her balance before turning around to move towards the water.

"Fine, but only because I don't feel like drowning today."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:59 am
The surprise at her accepting his offer showed little on his face as he smiled and nodded. More than his surprise he was glad to see that he had indeed not wasted his efforts. It seemed that the strong will that kept her alive while she was unconscious was still urging her to keep living now. Slowly he moved forward and paused beside her. "Lean against me then. Move as slowly as you need to, I will keep at your pace." It would not do to have her push herself now, only to make things worse. The water was going nowhere, after all.  

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:25 am
Reluctantly, Risheera nodded before moving closer to the still stranger of a male. Even more-so she leaned against his shoulder, putting a good amount of her weight against him to relieve her injuring legs of some of the stress. Despite her acceptance, she still wore a frown as plain as day on her face. She did not exactly enjoy having to take help from someone she barely knew, but she had no choice now. "Alright then, lets get on with it. I don't want to standing around all day." She stated, her voice a little snappier then usual, maybe it was just the pain talking or maybe she was just annoyed at the situation. Nah, it was probably a little of both.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:35 am
The female's displeasure amused him mildly, that she would put aside her pride to accept his aid. It was, if nothing else, what he had wanted of her. He expected no sudden friendship to blossom between the pair. Aman'thul nodded, smiling faintly as she leaned against him. "Of course."  

Ritikine

Fashionable Risk-Taker

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:52 am
With those final words spoken, Risheera walked shoulder to shoulder with the other lion, leaning on him for support as she did so, as they made their way towards the small pond that this Aman'thul had claimed was not too far from where they had already been.  
[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games