Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Let's try not to blow up the kitchen [Kat/Eva]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:52 pm
The recipe book that Lex had gotten her for Christmas had turned out to be a very, very exciting gift for the Death trainee. She had pored over it the minute she unwrapped it, flipping through the pages in wonder as she tried to figure out what she would make first. A cake? Cupcakes? Or make some cookies, to keep things easy? There were also pies, and pastries, and--

--annnnd everything was definitely a lot harder than it looked, she was sure. Eva stood in the middle of the Deus Ex kitchen, her brows furrowing in confusion as she read some of the recipes that called for "cutting in" butter and weird spices that she had never even heard of, nevermind knowing if they had any here.

...In hindsight, maybe she should have roped someone in to help her. Lex was the baking expert, not her, but even someone who would have been just as lost as she was would have been nice. At least then they could derp over the recipe together.

"...Maybe I can bribe someone with promises of pie," She grumbled thoughtfully, sighing as she leafed past another page.

Lividpeas

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:21 pm
Kat had arrived at the cafeteria to feed her usual addiction of coffee, but upon arrival found there to be none made. Well.. okay. Fine. She supposed she could slip into the kitchen and grab some of the needed items to make a fresh pot herself. It might give her a chance to find a better brew. Doubtful..

Rounding the counter, Kat made her way into the kitchen, unaware of the death hunter currently pouring over the cook book she had brought along with her.

Grabbing the can of coffee, she turned, finally catching sight of Eva on the far side of the room. This was probably a good time for her to go and thank Eva for the scarf she had made for her. Even if she didn't recall anything that had happened with her banishment, or was even aware of it, she still remembered the gift she had given her.

Moving to her side, Kat set the coffee down and offered the girl a smile as she greeted her. "Hey, Eva."

Kaiyumi

LividPeas

Tiny Bunny

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:10 am
Just as Kat been oblivious to her presence for a bit, Eva was unaware that the other young woman had entered the kitchen, her gaze completely fixated on the cookbook. Some of the recipes called for a sifter--did they even have a sifter?--while others mentioned "folding in" the ingredients and something about beating egg whites until they were stiff peaks.

...What was even going on.

Sighing, she lifted a hand to run her fingers through her hair, only to jump in surprise when a familiar voice suddenly greeted her. Turning to face the newcomer, Eva blinked blankly before her lips spreading into a wide smile, tensed shoulders relaxing. "Kat, hi! Good to see you!" She reached out to give the other girl a light squeeze on the shoulder before drawing back and tilting her head, "How have you been?" She hadn't really seen her since...well, since that incident with the horsemen and the Halloween students. That had doubtlessly been one hell of a tiring experience for Kat, she was sure.

LividPeas

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:05 am
Practically beaming at the girl, Kat set her elbows on the table, resting her her chin on the back of her hands. "I'm alright. Still recovering and trying to make sense of most things, but okay." With no recollection of the recent events, the trainee just figured it to have all been some freak training accident or something. "I wanted to thank you for the scarf by the way." Grinning a little wider, she pointed to the fabric still wrapped around her neck. Normally, she would wear her own scarf, but in casual wear Eva's scarf found its use. "I wish I could have got you something in return, sorry." Even if she had been available to buy gifts for others, she still had the issue of being next to broke.

Pausing, her gaze was now set on the book below Eva, inching just a little closer to get a better look at it. "Do you bake?" She asked, blinking up at the death hunter. Not that it was surprising if she did. She was sure that many of the hunters here had talents of such.

LividPeas

Tiny Bunny

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:47 am
"Make sense of things?" Eva echoed, turning to look at the girl with a faint smile, "I...well, I guess there's a lot for you to think about after a harrowing experience like that. I'm glad that we could get you out of there though." She hadn't even known what they would find when she followed after the other Death Hunters that time, but in hindsight, she was happy that she had.

The thanks for the scarf caught her by the surprise, as it wasn't until the other young woman pointed it out did Eva realize that she was wearing it. At once, the corners of her lips pulled upwards in a big smile, and she lifted a hand to rub the back of her neck sheepishly. "I'm glad you like it! I wish I had had more time to make you something fancier though--and oh! No no, don't apologize!" Eyes widening, she lifted her hands and shook them quickly. She was more than happy just throwing gifts at other people!

Gaze falling back to the recipe book, Eva chuckled wryly as she shrugged. "No--yes--...kind of? I'm trying to learn, but I honestly...don't understand some of these terms." A pause, and then she turned her gaze back to Kat, her eyes practically sparkling. "Say...do you bake?"

LividPeas

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:44 pm
Harrowing experience? Get her out of where? Blinking, she stared at the death hunter as if two heads suddenly sprouted from her shoulders. "Umm.. I'm not quite sure what you're referring to.." She admitted, rubbing lightly at the back of her neck. Had something happened before? Because honestly, she couldn't remember one thing. Not even how she suddenly had short hair, or why she had so many injuries.

"Mmm mm, this is fine. I like it a lot." Grinning a little wider, she adjusted the scarf around her neck. "Well, next year, I'll hopefully be able to return your kindness. I have a tendency to miss out on the whole gift giving.."

So, Eva was learning to bake, was she? Peering over a the book, she quickly scanned the pages open, before setting her gaze back on the woman. "Uhh.. I can bake, but nothing special. Simple recipes like cookies and cakes are easy enough, but I can only handle the basics really.. anything too extreme will likely just be burnt."

LividPeas

Tiny Bunny

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces