Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Poisoned! (Vervada x Kaiser Knochen)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Faithofthefallen
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:25 pm
User Image
Drops of dew glistened in the scant moonlight that filtered through the forest canopy to softly illuminate Vervada's secluded grotto. The roof was formed from the interlocking branches of neighboring trees that had woven together naturally to form a dome which provided convenient protection from the elements and prevented too much sunlight from penetrating the foliage to harm her sensitive eyes during the daylight hours. Wispy spider webs were strung across nearly every surface, vibrating at regular intervals as their slender inhabitants danced across the fragile strands in search of prey. Small evenly spaced gardens of night blooming flowers added touches of color to the otherwise murky surroundings. There was only one clear pathway to enter Vervada's abode, a beaten dirt path lined with flat rocks. Approaching from any other direction, potential intruders would have to break through her thick barrier of webs and bypass the rings of sharp boulders coated with a paralyzing poison that helped preserve her peaceful isolation and protect her from predators.

Humming contentedly to herself through the makeshift pestle gripped between her teeth, the sable coated mare was busily grinding together various herbs and other substances in an attempt to create a poison that would be lethal to her prey but do her no harm once she consumed them. She didn't really need such a toxin, but it passed the time. As she worked, she found her thoughts unexpectedly revolving around the male she had encountered while out gathering ingredients for her newest lethal concoction. His glowing markings had stood out clearly to her despite her poor eyesight while the rest of him blended into the darkness so well it appeared to her as though he was a creature entirely composed of various shapes and markings compressed into the shape of a soquili. She knew better of course, but the whole effect had been rather mesmerizing. What had that stallion's name been again?

"Kaiser" she breathed softly to herself.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:31 pm
User Image

He was smiling to himself for some unknown reason. Something inside of him had been stirred by that strange spider mare. What was her name again..? It had fled his mind but the way she acted and the way she looked could not escape his thoughts. He would never admit it but she drew him in she was like a toxin slowly seeping into his body. Snorting he looked around himself not sure about what he should be doing. He was quite hungry but was not feeling the urge to hunt so he just kept walking into the unknown. Of course though sooner or later it seemed he had been walking backwards instead of forwards having being turned around. He glanced around himself and snorted again seeing spiders and webs everywhere around him.

He was certain that he was back in the spider mares terotiry what was her name..? He squinted and racked his brain to try and remember what it was. It came to him then and he looked up slowly. "Vervanda zat vas her name..sweet sweet Vervanda.." he grins to himself thinking of the fun he might have with her perhaps learning her skills or going hunting. He would not ever seek to hurt a mare as fine as herself besides he was a nice guy..as if. Suddenly though there was no groud under his hooves and he was flailing in midair in his thoughts of the mare he had fallen into some sort of ditch. and groaned to himself this is what nice thoughts got him. Slowly regaining his balance he stood up and looked for a way out of the ditch in the process getting scraped by several sharp rocks. Snarling to himself now he knew where he was and he eyes his now bleeding wounds knowing he was bound to be poisoned. Hiding his wound though he walked the best he could not showing his limp either. He had started to feel weaker and weaker before he knew it he was down on the ground his body desperately trying to fit the poison within him.

"Vervanda" he practically spat out her name with disgust now "Vere are you?? You sly mare.."

Yeonn

Fuzzy Werewolf

Faithofthefallen
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:30 pm

Vervada's mouth fell open with surprise, dropping the pestle with an ear jarring c***k of stone against stone. She skipped back a few steps to prevent the glowing paste from splattering across her legs, the substance shouldn't be lethal unless ingested, but it was untested, and she didn't want to chance any of it getting into her bloodstream through an unnoticed scrape, or cut. She glared at the mess and then whirled around to try and pinpoint the source of her distraction. It sounded as though someone had crash landed somewhere outside of her perimeter, there wasn't much movement now though, so she assumed they had encountered some of her protective measures. After a few rapid heartbeats she heard a familiar voice drifting through the gloom. Her eyes rolled to the heavens as she grabbed some of the herbs she had stored away as an antidote. She dosed herself with them on a daily basis to prevent any accidents, so there was always plenty on hand, she didn't want to die ensnared in her own web after all. "Kaiser, you fool!" she called as she slipped out the doorway, "what are you doing here?" she wove with practiced ease through the poisoned boulders, ducking under webs with murmured apologies to their inhabitants and finally stopping at the side of the stallion who had been occupying her thoughts moments before. "Are you following me?" she snapped with an irritated toss of her mane, "I told you its dangerous to wander off the paths in this forest last time, I know I did. Now, give me one good reason why I shouldn't leave you as fodder for my eight legged friends as punishment for your carelessness?"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:13 pm
He was resting trying to keep himself from using to much enegery. That was how he would survive if he tried to struggle nothing good would come. He could hear someone approaching though and looked up managing a snort as he saw it was only the mare. "I knew you vould show up eventually" he manages to grin not showing how much he was loosing his grip on the world. "Am i a fool? you seem to be the mare who rescues the fool" he tries to move but can feel his limbs are now but useless due to the venom. He lisitins to her words and sighs softly "Vhy would i be following you? What would i have to gain from that? I simply vas turned around and ended up here" he glares at her still stuck on the ground unable to move. "I did not wander out here becauce i vanted to" his voice is growing weaker now " Hmm one good reason vhy you should save me?" he ponders for a moment and then grins "I have none but how vould you feel if i died?" he would gladly accpect death if it was his path to die now "You little friends are as clever as you are my dear" he smirks but then grows silent his breathing becoming shallower "Are you just going to stand zere and watch me die??"  

Yeonn

Fuzzy Werewolf

Faithofthefallen
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:22 pm

Vervada's laugh was low and husky as she nodded her agreement, "You have me there." she watched him appraisingly for a few moments as he continued to fight the poison slowly seeping through his limbs. "Well then, it seems we have found ourselves caught up in a happy coincidence." her slightly sarcastic smile didn't quite reach her eyes as she knelt down and pressed the bundle of plants she now clutched between her teeth to his lips. "Can you still chew these? The juices in the plants will combine and nullify the toxins in your bloodstream..." She settled next to him, rather daringly in reach of one of the jagged poison coated boulders, it would take a while for the plants to work their magic. "You gamble much based on my sentiments towards you.. Not that you have much of a choice I suppose..." She glanced at him sidelong, veiling her eyes behind her long lashes, "But I'm not a monster you know, these boulders are coated with a simple neurotoxin, non lethal, it is a paralyzing substance, rendering its victims without the senses of touch, smell, or sight until I decide what to do with them... If they are predators or come here meaning me ill, I leave them for my pets. Innocents I release most of the time, provided I'm home and the spiders aren't too hungry." her expression was fond as she gently plucked one of the nearby webs with her hoof. "If I'm not here, they usually starve to death, or are consumed... Not that they notice most of the time..." Her voice was level, matter of fact, she watched Kaiser's face closely, wondering what this stranger would make of her lifestyle. It was strange to have company, usually she encountered other soquili while she was out gathering, most didn't dare to travel in this section of the forest.

Lestragne

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:59 am
Quote:
Faithofthefallen

He looks up again still able to move his head thankfully. "I have you? Indeed i do" he smirks at her and then tries to look around. "Happy? If you mean to say me dying would be happy..i agree" he snorts and smiles again enjoying this more than anything. The only way he could get close to a mare..was to be trapped in her trap. If he tried on his own they always fled but like this..he could talk. He was suddenly brought back to himself as he felt something on his face and eyed it. "Vhat is zis? It looks like.." he growls softly and then nods "I can manage that to save my own life" he takes the herbs from her and starts chewing making faces at there taste. "Zhese dont taste much better than zey look" he eyes her and laughs "Your sentiments? I just know you would not leave me like zis..you would never aspect that" he smirks at her "Oh? So i wont die..that is a relief..you are a smart mare..i would love to learn what you know.."

"Your spiders are extremely smart i do vonder how they obey you.." he can his feeling start to come back slowly. "zhose herbs of yours are vorking..i vont say i am in your dept or anything" he offers an evil smile "I am me after all..you seem to caring to let your spider devour another..i can see zhough you would let zat happen..I like your vay of getting zhings done" he tries to stand up again and finally manages to. He stenches out his legs and shakes his head before eying the mare again. "Zere is more zan meets the eye to you.." he looks around again not caring about the blood on his leg. "It is strange to be so close to a mare..they always run..not zat zey shouldent" he had always been evil since he could remember. He was not crazy though he had been framed and instead of drowning in his sadness he claimed he had done it. That was the best choice he could have ever made he was feared and he loved that. This mare though infront of him..she drew him in for an unknown reason he felt drawn to her. He could not find the will to hurt her but he knew if he ever had to he would and would not look back. Heres hoping that never happened he was a monster drawn to her flame.

Yeonn

Fuzzy Werewolf

Faithofthefallen
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:46 pm

His comments startled a laugh out of her, "Not many are so cavalier in the face of death, let alone gladdened by it. I'll admit I am impressed by your fortitude... Unless, of course, it is a lack of mental fortitude that drives your words... Have you no sense of self preservation, Kaiser?"

She nodded, "I know, the plants are bitter, but they get the job done. I consume a few each morning... My spiders may obey me, but they are predators as well. Should I be trapped by my own web, they would devour me with as much enthusiasm as they would a stranger. There are no greys in the animal kingdom, only prey and predator." She met his eyes briefly before returning to her examination of the rock he had cut himself on. It would have to be re-coated soon, they all would. The toxin lost it's potency after a few weeks. Even with how quickly she had reached him, he should have been much more incapacitated at this point. "You might be a little stiff for a few days, but those herbs will do the trick..." A slow smile spread across her face, revealing pointed canines, "Its always nice to meet one who appreciates the subtleties of my art." She stood with him and started as a spark jumped between them as their shoulders brushed in the close quarters. She turned until their eyes met and appraised him, a questioning and uncharacteristically vulnerable look glinting in her eye for a moment before it was swept away. "Why should they run, Kaiser? What is it you did to warrant such a reaction?" She, like any other sensible creature was acutely aware that she was in the presence of a potentially dangerous creature, so she could understand being careful, but she was not without her own defenses and hazards, she would not flee like some buffle brained coward

Lestragne

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:33 pm
Quote:
Faithofthefallen

He looks at her still feeling weak though and snorts. "I very vell can save myself if it comes to that..I just prefer not to i love to see reactions" he grins at her and glances around "Why should i far death..? I think death should fear me" he lets out a small laugh and looks back at her. "Zhose plants are a lifesaver no matter how bitter they are i have to admit zat" he thinks on her next words "You zame zhose creatures but it is true you can never zake the vild out of them" he nods and eyes her "You are a very dedicated mare to your cause..one vho dances vith danger" He stis down now not feeling like himself yet as would be normal going through that. Why was he in such awe though about this mare? "Being stiff never slowed me down it never vill" he smiles back at her and nods "Im sure it must be as zey must be few and far between" He felt an odd scence as if he was meant to know her in some way. Being close to her made him feel something like she would be his someday and perhaps she would be. At least for a little while he smirked to himself at the thought. When their eyes met though in that moment he felt something more it was..an odd feeling to be so close to her.

"Zhey should run becauce i am me and zey are zhem.." he nods slowly "What did i do..? Oh a little bit of zis and zat" there is a glint of evil in his eyes at the thought "Zey fear me because of my past..and my future" the looks in his eyes fades away but a dark energy is left in th
e air.  

Yeonn

Fuzzy Werewolf

Faithofthefallen
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:29 pm

Vervada smiled indulgently, "I'm sure you can, a big strong male like yourself." She winked teasingly. "I am dedicated yes, to my creatures and my work. I've never been very social, but I like to keep busy all the same. There are plenty of poisonous plants in the forest I can collect and experiment with, and enough enemies foolish enough to wander into my domain that I have all the test subjects I could possibly need." Her eyes glinted wickedly, "I am part Kalona... Brutality and mercilessness come as easily to me as breathing, danger simply comes with the territory." A slow smile spread across her face as their eyes met intensely, "Well I know nothing of your past, and I am not a fortuneteller, to tell you of your future, so I have no reason to run. What can you have done that my own deeds have not already matched?" She shifted from hoof to hoof and glanced back he way he had came.

"But truly, Kaiser, why have you wandered all the way out here? Where were you headed when you became turned around? Perhaps I can help you find your way."

Lestragne

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:47 pm
Quote:
Faithofthefallen

He starts to grow tired of the small talk not sure about what he should even be talking about. He just nods at what she is saying and agrees with her. " Who is social..? I am not..:" he nods and listens to her words "You like to experiment? Hm? zat is very interesting of you..I can see you as a mare vho never runs out of experiments." he grins at her and looks around wondering what he should be doing. Having ended up here he was now unsure about where he should be going. "Ah zhe kalona always up for a fight.." he smirks at her "I enjoy your vays you remind me so much of myself..your personality..the vay you speak" he eyes her and nods slowly "I am but half kalona zhough you could never tell"

His tail is twitching and he moves around "Vhe have been standing here for far to long.." he looks at her and snorts "Vhat have i done..? I never looked back" he grins evilly and thinks about her question. "I think it vas my heart it lead me to you.." He laughs to himself and shakes his head "I am only a vanderer mare i have no destination in mind..but if you vould be so kind as to help me find it"

Yeonn

Fuzzy Werewolf

Faithofthefallen
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:50 pm

Vervada nodded acquiescence, "I do, indeed." She smiled wryly at his words, "Truly? I am only half myself, my mother was a full breed, my father, well, she disposed of him soon after my brother and I's birth. I'm not quite sure what breed he was." He seemed restless, she watched him with amusement for a few moments, wondering when he would put a voice to his feelings. "Your heart?" she asked curiously, her heart thrumming within her chest as a warm feeling buzzed through her nerves. She stepped closer to him, until she was close enough to stroke the proud arch of his neck gently with her nose and gently but his head with her own. "I suppose if you don't know where you want to end up, it doesn't much matter which way you go. Do you want me to show you the way back to the path?"

Lestragne

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff